The Story of Park's Marriage Contract 열녀박씨 계약결혼뎐 [2023-2024]

I'm still waiting to feel emotionally invested and attached to this couple and the story. Episode 3 still have scenes that I didn't enjoy or feel engaged, but hopefully with them officially making the deal, they would have more interactions with each other. I also would like to see Yeon Woo start to learn about the modern world and put her designing/sewing skills to good use here. Her maid cracks me up in the sense that she has such strong adaptation/survival skills. I hope to see the same from Yeon Woo. Tae Min is such a brat and the actor's acting is still on the stiff side.

My favourite scene is the below. The slight tilt in his head and the chuckle vs her puppy look were so cute and the exact scene that I saw which made me decided to prioritise it over continuing with Sweet Home 2. :pandablush:

img.gif

And now I get why Tae Ha didn't want to get married. It's because he has had a heart transplant (I assumed from the scar) before. Heart transplant usually only extend life 10-20 years more. At least his life is already lengthen versus the Joseon Tae Ha.

Side note, I can't believe Bae In Hyuk is born in 1998, younger than my VIP Oppa. I thought he's older and he's an extrovert? He gives off the introvert vibe.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 11/26/2023 at 6:14 AM, mademoiselle said:

Although I haven't figured out the whole plot yet, but I think it is clear that Joseon Tae Ha may not have died from his heart problem. He could have been poisoned by the step-mother, played by Jin Young

I was thinking the same. Seems like his sudden death, and how it went, it's a little too convinient when thinking about how ambitious that stepmom is. I love Jin Young but it'd have been nice to see her playing a nice person again. She does great villains though.

On 11/28/2023 at 2:47 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Now, what is interesting is that her maid followed her to the modern world - they must have thrown her in that well too. So the time travel is not unique to YeonWoo. Hence, are there others who have traveled through time? Grandfather has that piece of painting with YeonWoo on it and had this mysterious look. Is he privy to this entire fate thing that the courtesan told Yeon Woo about? Is Yeon Woo here to save her sobang-nim?

I keep waiting to find out if Grandfather having that painting means he knows something or how the family line continued after Yoon Woo's husband died? are they direct descendants? and if so, how?

Interesting that the maid followed her to the present...it seems like the one who wanted to kill her followed her as well...why?

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

I've to suspend my belief in this episode for scenes of (1) both secretaries of step-mother and Tae Ha are martial art masters; (2) somehow the backyard of Grandpa's house led to Yeon Woo's tomb. Eh, OK.

Sa Wol is a smart cookie. Much smarter than Yeon Woo.

@Min86 I don't find the painting of the girl look like the child actress who played Yeon Woo, so I wonder if Yeon Woo will recognise it is her. Grandpa told Yeon Woo his Haraboji likes to collect antiques, so it's hard to know if they are direct descendants of Tae Ha's family. Can't tell if the person in black who is trying to harm her was from Joseon. I'm wondering if it was sent by step-mum.

Jin Kyung is great as villain. Perhaps playing a little bit too many lately.

• Like 5
24 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I've to suspend my belief in this episode for scenes of (1) both secretaries of step-mother and Tae Ha are martial art masters; (2) somehow the backyard of Grandpa's house led to Yeon Woo's tomb. Eh, OK.

Sa Wol is a smart cookie. Much smarter than Yeon Woo.

@Min86 I don't find the painting of the girl look like the child actress who played Yeon Woo, so I wonder if Yeon Woo will recognise it is her. Grandpa told Yeon Woo his Haraboji likes to collect antiques, so it's hard to know if they are direct descendants of Tae Ha's family. Can't tell if the person in black who is trying to harm her was from Joseon. I'm wondering if it was sent by step-mum.

Jin Kyung is great as villain. Perhaps playing a little bit too many lately.

Lol! Them secretaries going at it had me saying WTF?!! 

And, was it YW's tomb? I thought it might have been the tomb from that woman with the green eyes, I don't know why.

About the painting...isn't it the one Yeon Woo's husband in the past had? I think so. That's why I wonder if its a family antique?

and the person in black might be sent from the step mom...I wonder though if from the present or the past. Seems to me, her mission in life (now and back then) was to  gain control of the family's $.

And yes, she is a great villain, but I keep waiting to watch her in a role like in "My Only One" or somehting...light, funny and good.

Oh, now we also have the mom of YW in the present...or at least someone who looks like her. Wonder where she'l fit into the story.

• Like 5

I have mixed feeling about this drama, but I think it's finally getting better by ep 4. I think what kept me staying is that BIH really good at this role, he can show his emotion and vulnerability just by blinking his eyes. And overall KTH's character setting really working well for me too. Not to mention all his apparel and suit all looking good on him. That dark forest and the ending when he started to remember his past life was so well crafted. I'm looking forward for next episode!

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

On 12/3/2023 at 6:28 PM, mademoiselle said:

I think a lot of things in this drama needs suspension of belief :laugh:...let's not forget Sa Wol who was so nimble in capturing the dollar notes when they flew out of her hand. But looks like they (Secretary Hong and SW)  could be the 2nd romance. I think the four of them would be a riot!  

On 12/3/2023 at 10:06 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

I have mixed feeling about this drama, but I think it's finally getting better by ep 4. I think what kept me staying is that BIH really good at this role, he can show his emotion and vulnerability just by blinking his eyes. And overall KTH's character setting really working well for me too. Not to mention all his apparel and suit all looking good on him. That dark forest and the ending when he started to remember his past life was so well crafted. I'm looking forward for next episode!

Oh he is so lovely here . Hahahahah as you can tell from my tweets that I find him lovely. He just has this warmth here that I felt when I was watching The Queen's Umbrella.

On 12/3/2023 at 6:57 PM, Min86 said:

And, was it YW's tomb? I thought it might have been the tomb from that woman with the green eyes, I don't know why.

That was my initial thought that it could be YW's tomb but then it was written that the deceased was a virtuous woman,  and I doubt that would be the sort of words that would be written on YW's stone. Plus , I would think since her body may not have been found, there wouldn't be a tomb. 

It looks like everyone who's important in YeonWoo's life is also here in the present,  though thus far it has only been YW and SW that time-travelled. But it does seem that the man that threw her into the well, may have followed her to the present? I am guessing the masked man who was after her in the forest is him.

Also what do you guys think of TaeMin? I was surprised that he went against his mother but then again it isn't like he is on TaeHa's side either. I did feel sorry that the grandfather insinuated that he was like a weed. So for me , he behaves the way he does because of this inferiority complex. Even his mother calls him a mistake but I think YW's kindness may turn him around. 

New stills for eps 5

image_readtop_2023_937741_17018511625738

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I love yesterday's episode. After having some flashbacks of Joseon , he is beginning to realise what she said about her origins was true. He did more research , and knows that she wasn't lying. Things began to click.  He let's her know he believes her , and that relief and happiness on her face was sweet to see. From then you can see that there's a dynamic change in their relationship. 

"Mr Kang is smiling" . I need a gif of Bae In Hyuk smiling with his dimples peeking like this. :wow:

Adorbs! 

GA4JCCmaYAAbPnd?format=jpg&name=large

But given that this is a 12-episode drama, the plot has to move quickly. As expected step-mum continues to be evil and all, throwing a spanner in the works. She created a rumor of his secret marriage, and approached the Midam lady separately with a proposal to work directly with her. The Midam owner ended up rejecting both stepmum and TH's proposal as she did not want to be caught in the middle of a succession war.  But as fate would have it :laugh:, she sees the beautiful embroidery on TH's shirt ( done by YeonWoo) , and bumps into YW who thought she was her real mum. Long story short, Midam lady agrees to work with TH if YW is part of it. And in the preview we will get to see YW join the company. (I think given that she has more opportunities to use her talents and skills , I would hope that she stays in the present. )

TaeHa though has issues with his heart. The doc says it is serious as there are problems with his blood vessels and wants him to go for an extensive check-up. But TH says this is the worst time for him to do that as any ill health rumours will only give his stepmum the upperhand. And towards the end of the episode when Manager Song gave back that butterfly accessory to YW, the accessory had turned from silver to black as TH begins to feels some serious heart pain. Looks like fate is repeating itself. 

----

Pre-released :laugh:

On 12/8/2023 at 7:45 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

I'm also curious on who is he. I think he's one of employee at Kangdroo either designer or marketing team. This is quite crowded, I think Tae Min also interested on her ? I like that they brought a new fresh guy on the line...

This actor (Park Yeon Woo)  was actually in this torturing rom-com called Love is For Suckers. The main love line was so bad but I ended up staying for his love line as it was the cutest. So glad to see him appear here. He works for Midam and I am sure he will have screen time with YW. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

This is a good episode 😊. I think it finally got a lot more interesting for me because

(1) Yeon Woo's skills is helping Tae Ha

(2) Tae Ha is falling for her, and he's having some expression which I really like/enjoy seeing and that dimples are put to some good use 😆 Yes @abs-oluteM The below is a lovely scene.

img.gif

That said, whose house would have so many white sheets to wash in a day? 🙄

Spoiler

img.gif

So, Tae Min likes Yeon Woo? At least now, we don't need to worry he'll cause Yeon Woo harm. As for Tae Ha's heart problem, I'm enjoying the complication too. Ahahaha! Only because this makes the stake higher, and add some more conflicts.

I don't get why Yeon Woo wants to go home, to be honest. In this new Joseon, she gets to do whatever she wants. Back there, her hands are so tied and even worse now because she has become a widow. Understand she would miss her parents, but other than them, there really is nothing else.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to her joining SH Group and working with New Joseon Omma.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

LOL, two dramas from this week both male leads were both green with jealousy. Kangdro is no longer an AI with no expression. He is filled with expressions this episode. And, he's so PETTY! :lmao2: He's even more petty than Demon Gu Won!

68fc9c6cce97f14423e23303cc8fa8a3f94a1d18

505c66dace44ab1d325a6741d32f0718cbcce435

The Yeon Woo Effect, aka. Green with Jealous Monster

e65238c4f79437a98fa8bd036b01f3597fb02fe0

This scene cracks me up! I love it. The gripping chopstick enhance the comedy.

Spoiler

b1bbd399b3f38f7d7470eb56534363025a409a38

I was worried he might break the glass door. Hahaha

f552bf6c13ef9b9e5b323214d5197221eb9c0e65

:lmao2:

1c81269b614d923c8791ae0986f2ca2414a3cae5

72a64020e2f5d0fc864b513a2eda05b4fcfa65ba

source

Edit: I'm starting to think the Yeon Woo effect is bad for Tae Ha's health 😅. Ever since he's met Yeon Woo, he's been swimming, running, falling off a cliff, worrying sick and jealous.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

'm starting to think the Yeon Woo effect is bad for Tae Ha's health 😅. Ever since he's met Yeon Woo, he's been swimming, running, falling off a cliff, worrying sick and jealous

Hahahah I think so too.

But what do think of what the Cheong Myung lady told her? About this repeated fate and that it's down to her to end that. Does that mean she has to cut TaeHa off somehow? :nervous:

Last night's episode was such a pleasure to watch. Jealous TaeHa made laugh. @SilverMoonTea I think this oppa (ex? present?) of yours is acing his comedic and romantic scenes. I love how his feelings are evolving over the episode and you can see it in his eyes.  

This drama is doing so well. The ratings are gonna be double digit soon. It's not just the lead's chemie that is good. I also think the plot is fast paced - a lot happens within an episode and there's plenty of arcs to watch. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

But what do think of what the Cheong Myung lady told her? About this repeated fate and that it's down to her to end that. Does that mean she has to cut TaeHa off somehow?

That lady makes no sense to me. It's like going to a fortune-teller and you get very ambiguous advice. I'm thinking it is down to her choice and action(s). The choices we make could lead us down to different paths A, B, or C which give us different end result.

The show took a few episodes to take off, I'm happy we've reached here. We're also half way now, so is that kiss scene on the bed the one they were talking about on YouTube? Hehehe.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@gilaswan @ktcjdrama I'm tagging you both to check out this drama, too. Try and see if you like this as well.

@ktcjdramahas been summoned to a lot of dramas. But yeah not gonna spare you here so come and watch with us too 😂

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Last night's episode was such a pleasure to watch. Jealous TaeHa made laugh. @SilverMoonTea I think this oppa (ex? present?) of yours is acing his comedic and romantic scenes. 

My past, present and future :laugh:

If you had time you should check Gumiho too. He was so good there too actually, and he was a bit rude, over confident but still have a tsundere side on him. Definitely giving different vibe, he's a great actor eventhough still young. Got a total SML syndrome there. 

• Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@ktcjdramahas been summoned to a lot of dramas. But yeah not gonna spare you here so come and watch with us too 😂

Hahaha! Well, if it's good, then we don't want Havenites to miss and watch it alone.

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

If you had time you should check Gumiho too. He was so good there too actually, and he was a bit rude, over confident but still have a tsundere side on him. Definitely giving different vibe, he's a great actor eventhough still young. Got a total SML syndrome there. 

Wah, if Abs would pick Gumiho, then it shows her love is strong!

• Haha 3

Hahahaa... I'm coming, chingu-deul... Thanks for always including me in the party! :heart:

This is on my watch list because I like LSY. Not too sure about the coupling with BIH, but the story seems interesting and don't know since when, I somehow enjoy modern and sageuk combination drama.  

Actually one of the main reasons for me so behind with drama watching is because my internet has been so bad lately. It frustrates me when I have to keep waiting for the drama to load, so I just give up and do something else. It's worse when I'm watching C-dramas, which is why I have one great drama being on hold for the time being. 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@mademoiselle I’m here too! Have been sick so just sped through the 6 episodes while in bed over the weekend. 😂 I like time travel stories and murder intrigues while we’re at it, so what’s not to keep watching? But is it just me, or is the storytelling not the best? Everything seems very disjointed. 

For example, I don’t get what business they’re in and what this 1st Anniversary celebration is - of what? Why the collab with Midam? Why the art exhibition? The setting seems a bit off. And not the most “scandalous” for the purpose of political ousting. 

Half-brother can’t act too. Scenes with him are quite annoying. 

Also, what’s with that girl on the marketing team? She’s a double agent for step mum?

But for the sake of time travel intrigues, I’m hanging around cos I want to know why grandpa has that painting, how Midam is related to Yeon Woo’s family, if she’s able to return to Joseon and prevent the death of her husband, is her “future” in Joseon or present day Seoul. 

And oh - the “foreigner” lady… doesn’t look very foreign to me - neither European, Middle Eastern, nor whatever that third option was. 😅 She just had blue contact lenses. 😂

Edited by gilaswan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1