DouYin Drama Discussion

On 6/18/2024 at 7:23 PM, NiteWalker said:

one of the fav FL together with the ML....

the brother had to do times for the Mother death and it was pretty fast forward in a sense....

usually we all see happy go forgiveness, however in here the FL hold her ground and didnt forgive the brother till he did times, where she visited and she will wait for him outside, he serve some times...and came out a better man....well at least i hope he did become a better man

I'm actually a bit disappointed  with this one. A Liu Qing drama with so little romance and no kissing scenes. Whaaat the heck... What a waste of his great chemistry with Bai Yan.

Aside from that the script is not that great. It's a bit cartoony and preachy. And what... 20 years later... everyone looks the same. Mum is apparently also walking after being told she'll never walk again. 

The whole show was one big lecture about not abusing your wealth and power. I'm okay with propaganda but the storytelling needs to be compelling as well. 

Here's another with Zhen Ziqi and Jia Yuxuan. It's watchable because of the chemistry between the leads and the final act is kinda interesting. But there's too much trash talking in the first half of the show. And the FL spends too much hiding her identity. It's a first love childhood connection story with an overpowered FL. 

• Like 2

Currently Watching: Joy of LIfe 2, The Auditors

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

This is a lovely sweet 傻子 drama. It does get a bit crazy in the final act but of all the 傻子 stories I've watched this would be my favourite. The ML does well with the duality of the character. He's adorable.

• Like 2

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

On 6/19/2024 at 1:53 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

Here's another with Zhen Ziqi and Jia Yuxuan. It's watchable because of the chemistry between the leads and the final act is kinda interesting. But there's too much trash talking in the first half of the show. And the FL spends too much hiding her identity. It's a first love childhood connection story with an overpowered FL. 

On 6/25/2024 at 2:10 PM, OsmanthusTea said:

ZZQ's new drama with a fresh pairing. Light and nice....

I liked both couples, and it was so funny, especially the second drama (the fresh pairing).  :laugh:

Both actresses are so pretty. 

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

i like this one....the costumes oh well i have a low target for it hahahaha....

reborn and she learn to hold her ground....she is still softy softy....but well......arent many kissing scenes yea :laugh:

she that the daughter they told her to accept aint her sister .... but her cousin....and this times around the ML get to know the real FL

• Party! 1
On 7/16/2024 at 5:33 PM, NiteWalker said:

not bad....first times seeing Wang GeGe with Wang ChenPeng...hidden identity and revenge 

This is quite decent. I liked it too. A good combination waiting to happen. I particularly liked the ML's arc as an abused child. 

19 hours ago, rocher22 said:

that was a nice watch. 

the ML is unfamiliar to me but I liked him...I wonder if he is a new actor...:thinking:

I liked that one too. 45 minutes was just about right. It's another adaptation of A Business Proposal. But doesn't get dragged out unnecessarily because the ML catches on quickly. It's a very good pairing. 

I really like this one. I feel like I have seen it before but I can't remember. It could be that there's another version of this. It's one of the more grounded adaptations of the second chance after divorce story. It doesn't have all the deception and manic comedy of the others. The only I don't care for is the so-called 2ML who thinks he can take the moral high ground with an overly developed saviour complex.

Synopsis:

A couple of exs meet again after six years. The FL was forced to leave and divorce her husband by her disgruntled mother-in-law. The wife had just discovered her pregnancy and before she can tell him, he's the victim of an accident which leaves him crippled. She goes overseas and raises their child their. When she returns, all the old resentments come to the surface. And of course the leads still have feelings for each other.

ML: He Congrui

FL: Su Huan

• Like 1

This is one with Wang Nan and Zuo Yi. It's only an hour long. I like it heaps. The styling of Wang Nan in this is just... chef's kiss. He gives off that gangster/rebel vibe. It looks like something they did together when they were both younger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm a bit reluctant to recommend this one because it has an open ending. Almost 3.5 hours and there's no proper resolution. It's Li Hao and Zhu Moyan collaborating. Lots of hijinks and slapstick to begin with but later evolves into something quite good. An Us against Them type of story. There's something of a hidden CEO story. Nice to see Li Hao do a bit of comedy for a change. Zhu Moyan is very good in this.

This one is nutty but the chemistry is pretty darn good. Don't know their names but I've seen the ML elsewhere before. If you enjoy a show with a lot of slapping and kissing... this is for you. A flash marriage and partial amnesia. The good thing is that the ML doesn't try to hide his identity but idiot relatives of the FL just don't believe him. :laugh:

• Like 1

On 7/19/2024 at 6:59 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

I'm a bit reluctant to recommend this one because it has an open ending. Almost 3.5 hours and there's no proper resolution. It's Li Hao and Zhu Moyan collaborating. Lots of hijinks and slapstick to begin with but later evolves into something quite good. An Us against Them type of story. There's something of a hidden CEO story. Nice to see Li Hao do a bit of comedy for a change. Zhu Moyan is very good in this.

they arent bad but no proper ending..... :/ what kinds of rubbish they gave us hahahahaha :cool:

oh ya this one not bad....the misunderstanding got clear off pretty early of the stage and slowly the ML and FL learn to trust each other and be more mindful of each other....

• Party! 1

New Wang Nan (one of my favourites) drama. Had me grinning from ear to ear. FL is told that she's got brain tumour and only has a month to live. So she goes completely nuts and has a makeover. ML is CEO's son, successor to the family empire but he goes undercover as a low level employee to find the woman that he slept with that fateful night.

This one is not bad too. A rebirth/revenge story with Liu Boyang as the ML.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2024 at 12:59 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

This one is nutty but the chemistry is pretty darn good. Don't know their names but I've seen the ML elsewhere before. If you enjoy a show with a lot of slapping and kissing... this is for you. A flash marriage and partial amnesia. The good thing is that the ML doesn't try to hide his identity but idiot relatives of the FL just don't believe him. :laugh:

It was ok  because of the chemistry between the main leads. 

Another good drama.   

The focus is very much on the leads and they have amazing and natural chemistry. 

The ML is new to me and he is quite convincing in this role. The other cast is also good.

Im glad we got some lovely and funny scenes at the end of the drama. 

• Like 1
On 7/27/2024 at 8:32 PM, OsmanthusTea said:

The drama is choked full with the usual DY tropes but with great ending and great acting.

Oh, the ending...that was sad...but the SML is a nice guy.

Anyway, the ML was so clueless but I like this actor and his acting. 

On 7/19/2024 at 9:39 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

This is one with Wang Nan and Zuo Yi. It's only an hour long. I like it heaps. The styling of Wang Nan in this is just... chef's kiss. He gives off that gangster/rebel vibe. It looks like something they did together when they were both younger.

I finished this because of the ML.

finally a light and funny DY drama... The couple was so sweet together and the ML is really a nice guy...the actor is good in comedy too.  :smile:

I just realized the ML is support role in the drama Snow Fall. 

Edited by rocher22
  • Haha 1

Loved the scheming couple...

0:56...Im glad the goldfish survived...:laugh:

48:38....never seen scene like this in DY drama... :heart:

the ML choose a lavish wedding dress for the FL...:SquirtleWonderfull:

Im surprised by the BGM in this drama.

On 7/27/2024 at 3:06 AM, rocher22 said:

Another good drama.   

The focus is very much on the leads and they have amazing and natural chemistry. 

The ML is new to me and he is quite convincing in this role. The other cast is also good.

Im glad we got some lovely and funny scenes at the end of the drama. 

i wish i can slap the ML pretty good....luckily the sister do it for me....lols

the sister is the only rational head here....though i feel bad for the 2nd ML, as i can felt that he really love the FL.....

high school love that last.....i love it....not too much on the abuse sides.....the guy were pretty steady...and everything....

ML is always there for FL and slowly and gradually they get together......

FL: Wang Jin 王瑾

ML: Zhang Liren 張力壬

• Like 1

Meng Na and Shen HaoNan. Short commercial drama. Meng Na has to be barefoot and crouch low to get into the frame with HaoNan....:PsyWhat: Height wise, MN is only compatible with Wang ChenPeng (He is 190 something according to the interview) and Ma XiaoYu (186 cm). Read that ChengSi is really tall too but he has not paired with MN yet.

Their 3rd collab, the revamp DaSu trope.

Funny and refreshing drama with eyes candies

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Party! 1