Blood Free 지배종 [2024]

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

What do you mean "they are one". Did they merge their bodies together or something?! Oh dear... Disney original Korean series might be a platform to avoid altogether. They never end well or properly!

You got to see it and maybe you have explanation for me 😂 Can't believe this drama can even surpass Sisyphus bad ending 😂 That one is like already god tier of bad ending. 

@peperomia @abs-oluteM Help me recover 😭

• Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@SilverMoonTea what the heck was that? 

Spoiler

So she's physically dead but they managed to transfer her intelligence or whatever that is to his body? This is sci-fi ....so I am not entirely traumatised. But lol....

• Haha 4

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

6 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@SilverMoonTea what the heck was that? 

Confused as heck too 😂

1. Like you said maybe JY's brain is transferred inside CW. Mr Queen in reverse 😂 

2. Some said JY became like Jang Yong Sil in AI form. 

3. There is speculation too about she's being moved to JY's twin sister body. My understanding her ashes already being cremated. But 🤷‍♀️

4. Maybe JY inside the box preserved and so separated with CW. Maybe all of her organ has been replaced. 

5. JY on another location and he wake up because of his super hearing. I'd like to believe this version lols.

As On San looked confident, he had saved JY for sure, just don't know in which form 😂 And lastly who's packing Mansik and where he go? 🥲

@Soju any insight ? 😆

• Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@SilverMoonTea @abs-oluteM What is it with Disney and open endings for all Korean dramas? My Disney Classics never toy with me like this, and I always get my happy endings. Sigh. At this rate, I feel like skipping all the Disney Kdrama Originals from now on. 🫤

Now, can someone explain to me what was that scene where all the hackers were unconscious, and who are the men in the masks? Is that BF's men or Seonu Jae's men?

How it ends is too vague to suggest her brain was transplanted into Chae Woon's head. The drama didn't show us her body was damaged, or her vitals were critical, so it's possible that On San saved her. On San is unlikely taking the risk of brain transplant when they've never done it before. Both of them are smart, so I can't see one being taken precedence over the other.

@SilverMoonTea You are hilarious. Mansik should be the least of your worries, but you care about Mansik more! LMAO. Since Chae Woon is critically injured, On San must have ordered the bodyguards to pack him up and take him to BF's HQ. Ja Yu is likely alive, since only she worries about Mansik.

7 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

You got to see it and maybe you have explanation for me 😂 Can't believe this drama can even surpass Sisyphus bad ending 😂 That one is like already god tier of bad ending. 

@peperomia @abs-oluteM Help me recover 😭

I think Sisyphus is still Top of the God Tier for bad ending. It's offensively bad in so many aspects. The first offence was advertising it to be the biggest blockbuster of JTBC (an anniversary drama) when it is not. Second offence, extremely shitty action scenes. Third offence, for hiring Jo Seung Woo and gave him such a bad script to play. Fourth, fifth and sixth offence being badly written storyline with no logic, bad cinematography and directing respectively.

Blood Free, on the other hand, the story wasn't that bad. Acting was not bad too and as you can see the pairing is visually matching. Action scenes, I am not impressed. It might look better if they sped it up 1x instead at normal speed. It just looks too slow and unnatural (as in, they look too choreographed).

• Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
6 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Now, can someone explain to me what was that scene where all the hackers were unconscious, and who are the men in the masks? Is that BF's men or Seonu Jae's men

I am assuming they are BF folks. So they took back their data & research . Use it to save ( or merge :GrowDerp:) JY and WC.

This is such a strange show but if I don't see it like typical kdrama, then I guess it is okay.  Hahahahah. I wasn't as engross with the romance as @SilverMoonTea, so not as disappointed. 

• Haha 4

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

1 minute ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am assuming they are BF folks. So they took back their data & research . Use it to save ( or merge :GrowDerp:) JY and WC.

This is such a strange show but if I don't see it like typical kdrama, then I guess it is okay.  Hahahahah. I wasn't as engross with the romance as @SilverMoonTea, so not as disappointed. 

Thanks for confirming. I did see them taking the hard disks and inserted it back into the machine at the BF labs. But it's all too up for interpretation, and I can't be bothered rewinding to check.

Yeah, I am not invested in the romance. Didn't care as much about that, either. There's hint that they care about each other (a little too much, especially from Chae Woon's side). Overall, it's not a drama that's memorable.

@Chocolate Where are you? Are you still watching this? Happy to know your thoughts and read some dissing... haha!

• Haha 4
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Confused as heck too 😂

1. Like you said maybe JY's brain is transferred inside CW. Mr Queen in reverse 😂 

2. Some said JY became like Jang Yong Sil in AI form. 

3. There is speculation too about she's being moved to JY's twin sister body. My understanding her ashes already being cremated. But 🤷‍♀️

4. Maybe JY inside the box preserved and so separated with CW. Maybe all of her organ has been replaced. 

5. JY on another location and he wake up because of his super hearing. I'd like to believe this version lols.

47 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@peperomia I see you online, are you done with this? What's your take on the ending? 

@mademoiselle Yes, I just finished this! Came to read thoughts on the finale here and it looks like I am in the smallest minority. I wasn't totally weirded out by the ending. My interpretation was #5 on @SilverMoonTea's list above, but the majority believes it is #1? I need to re-watch the last scene. I think Lee Soo Yeon might've done it this way intentionally to mess with our brains. LOL.

Overall, I enjoyed the show even though I felt the story went somewhat off tangent toward the end. I had a strange feeling when Ja Yu volunteered to do the cultured organ transplants on herself, but it was foreshadowing of how she would survive the accident? Still, it was great to see JJH in a drama again. Like @SilverMoonTea, I liked his chemistry with HHJ and the slight hints of romance. LOL. Finally, I get to see LHJ as a villain and LMS as a good guy. He was such a a bad man in Hide that I couldn't shake-off that he could be the traitor though out, but he proved me wrong. LOL. I think because he was so calm and collected in the aftermath of things, both Ja Yu and Chae Woon are alive and well.

18 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I think Sisyphus is still Top of the God Tier for bad ending. It's offensively bad in so many aspects. The first offence was advertising it to be the biggest blockbuster of JTBC (an anniversary drama) when it is not. Second offence, extremely shitty action scenes. Third offence, for hiring Jo Seung Woo and gave him such a bad script to play. Fourth, fifth and sixth offence being badly written storyline with no logic, bad cinematography and directing respectively.

Blood Free, on the other hand, the story wasn't that bad. Acting was not bad too and as you can see the pairing is visually matching. Action scenes, I am not impressed. It might look better if they sped it up 1x instead at normal speed. It just looks too slow and unnatural (as in, they look too choreographed).

I agree...Sisyphus is still on top of the bad list overall. In my opinion, Blood Free story wasn't bad. Acting was good, but OMG, I totally agree that the action scenes were awful! They made JJH look awkward in some of them which were a shame.

Edited by peperomia
  • Clapping Hands 4

Lee Soo Yeon's Stranger was good, but what's going with the rest of them (Stranger 2, The Grid, Blood Free, Life)? I don't think I minded The Grid actually, apart from the open ending. It's just "rude" to make a show that hinted another season, but it was never going to happen. Disney's K-drama is a big offender of this since day 1.

@peperomia I didn't think it is #1 based on how it ended. #5 is plausible, but I don't think I love the show enough to want to stress about it. Now, come watch LR with us. I promise the story is way better. LOL!

• Haha 4
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Lee Soo Yeon's Stranger was good, but what's going with the rest of them (Stranger 2, The Grid, Blood Free, Life)? I don't think I minded The Grid actually, apart from the open ending. It's just "rude" to make a show that hinted another season, but it was never going to happen. Disney's K-drama is a big offender of this since day 1.

@peperomia I didn't think it is #1 based on how it ended. #5 is plausible, but I don't think I love the show enough to want to stress about it. Now, come watch LR with us. I promise the story is way better. LOL!

It seems to be that Stranger might’ve been just a one-hit wonder. LOL. I'm looking forward to Good or Bad Dong Jae. I can't tell who is the writer though, but Lee Joon Hyuk at the center...yes, please!

I know no one probably cares anymore, but I watched the finale late last night and was too tired to elaborate more on why I interpreted the ending as #5… First I really don’t think the ending was #1. I could be in denial, but it’s just too weird for them to transfer her mind/brain to Chae Woon. On San and her team cared greatly for Ja Yu so I’m confident that they were able to save her. On San was in a positive state of mind at the end so I think it meant that he knew Blood Free and Ja Yu succeeded in their goal of saving lives with their cultured organs. Everyone was curious about Ja Yu’s condition and whereabouts so her waking up in the last scene was significant because their success could be made public now. I’m going with this conclusion because it ties back to her commitment of volunteering to test the transplants on herself. It has to be Ja Yu alive in her original form to be proof that the cultured organs work. She just didn't foresee that they actually saved her life.

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Probably my favourite scene... 

I have not move on 😅🥲

I liked the scene of Chae Woon putting a coat/wrap around Ja Yu because it was cold outside. They way that she looked at him afterwards. :wow::CharmanderYay::laugh:

Edited by peperomia
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I've managed to finish this! I think of all the dramas under this writer, this is my least favourite. I found the first few episodes slow until it picked up around the middle. And for some strange reason, I really don't like HHJ in this role. I keep thinking anyone else would have been better so it affected my viewing of this drama too.

My first thought of the ending was like @SilverMoonTea. Are they combined 😱 But that seems so improbable because she already said they didn't culture a brain so likely they have no expertise for a brain transplant. Plus, this looks like there will be S2 - how can HHJ not appear in the 2nd instalment? Although I am fine both ways - JJH alone or a new woman comes along haha.

On 4/22/2024 at 8:45 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

I have to be honest the bodyguard credential seems a bit questionable. He put her at his house (his house has been attacked before and granted there is suspicious car around 😂 okay of course we live to see Mansik bonding with Jayu is probably the whole purpose of her relocation 😅). Second one he already realised the tattoo on police traffic, can't he call backup or turn around ? But he choose to continue the trip inside the forest. And of course lastly ' I will protect you '  but then injured quicker than lightning strike 😂

I'm not sure if he purposely get injured to infiltrate BF secret lab? But they seems didn't have plan for the bodyguard to seduced CEO and got so much sympathy out of her, and she in turn will do anything to save him 😂 In any case, he's probably just not the best bodyguard service out there 🫢

Yeah, totally agree. Plus he was only shot in the shoulder right? Why did they make it seem like he was at death's door. He could easily have been treated at a hospital.

Sissyphus is still the worst for me lol. I think that is quite unbeatable.

• Haha 4