BinJin | Hyun Bin & Son Ye Jin

logo.png

How Smart got Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin to say ‘I do’

BY JOANNE RAE M. RAMIREZ, THE PHILIPPINE STAR PUBLISHED FEB 26, 2021 5:00 AM

D6vSPbO.png

Spoiler

Now, there is kilig, and there is K-lig. And the twain meets when you’re swooning over K-drama.

It was like Valentine’s Day all over again for fans of Korean superstars Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin, yours truly included, when Smart Communications unveiled the behind-the-scenes video of the couple’s trailblazing, record-breaking “Inevitable” TVC (television commercial).

The four-minute, behind-the-scenes video showed not only the hard work that went into the making of the TVC amid a snowstorm in Seoul, it also showed many tender moments between Hyun and Son, whose portrayal of a North Korean army officer and a South Korean heiress in the hit K-drama series Crash Landing on You (CLOY) has enveloped many Filipinos — mostly Filipinas — in a K-lig frenzy.

U0fixYk.png

Even more “kilig” scenes of the couple will be aired in the second TVC.

“There’s going to be a part two where they will be together, end to end. So that’s even more kilig than TVC One,” revealed Smart senior vice president Jane Jimenez Basas.

TVC One, with the soundtrack of Inevitable by Filipino band Ben & Ben, first aired on Valentine’s Day, sending hearts aflutter especially since Hyun and Son confirmed their romantic relationship only last January 1.

At a press conference for Smart 5G’s “Unstoppable” campaign, Basas said having both Hyun and Son together was a “casting coup.” But having them together on one screen on the heels of the confirmation of their relationship was a jackpot.

“We shot the commercial January 12. I think the news about them came out January 1. So, para kaming nanalo sa lottery. Who would’ve thought?”

“It was perfect timing,” said Basas, who also shared that it took them and their partners between August and November to be able to finalize the plans with VAST (Hyun’s agency) and MST (Son’s agency). “It wasn’t easy at all.”

zyr40rQ.jpg

The couple (center box) with the Smart team.

Glenn Llamas of Wilbros, whom Basas credited for coordinating with VAST and MST, said it was the trust that both Hyun and Son had in Smart and its stellar work that clinched the deal and got the couple to say “I do” to the project.

“Honestly,” said Llamas, “there were a lot of offers from brands from other countries for the couple to come out together in an ad especially after they confirmed they were dating. And I heard some even offered them more. But they chose only Smart because of their trust relationship with the brand.”

“This endorsement from Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin is their first together. It has never been done before,” said Llamas.

Spoiler

Addressing Filipinos everywhere, Hyun Bin said during a taped greeting aired at the press conference, “Hello. This is Hyun Bin. I have been given another chance to meet you all through Smart’s new campaign video. I hope that you’ll continue to support Smart and me. I wish you a Happy New Year. Please keep yourselves healthy and warm this year.”

During the press conference, Basas also said more swoon-worthy moments involving the couple are inevitable: Smart will bring them to the Philippines when it is already safe to do so.

This was confirmed by Son herself, who wore two white dresses during the shoot (one long-sleeved and the other without sleeves) and who said “I do” in the TVC first aired on Valentine’s Day.

“I may not be able to meet you all in person, but I’m very happy to greet you through this video. Last year was a difficult year for everyone, I sincerely hope that you become happier this year. I hope to see you soon. Stay healthy until then,” she said in a pre-recorded question-and-answer portion aired during the press conference.

WgjqtoX.png

Basas recounted that the shoot began at around 10 a.m. of January 12, but Son was stalled by the snowstorm and arrived around 4 p.m. 

“So when she joined Hyun Bin, we shot the scenes that they were together first, so the scenes that you saw in the first commercial are not the complete scene.”

There was a second session on January 22, where both did the audio recording, as well as the photoshoot. Llamas said both Hyun and Son speak English. “You just have to give them time to prepare for their lines.”

Asked how it was like observing both actors on the set in their first public appearance together as a real-life couple, Basas was, herself, kilig.

“You know, we try to be as professional as possible. There was an opportunity to actually talk to them as well. My team, the agency, Grey Philippines, and myself had a chance to talk to both of them while they were together. But I was just squealing the whole time. Nakakakilig talaga. Sobra.”

Basas said the minute fans came out with the hashtag #inSmartwetrust, they got the message. It can make the impossible, possible.

“I think the message behind that is, because we were able to bring in first, Hyun Bin and then Son Ye-jin, it’s not impossible for us to be able to bring the two of them together. And we took that to heart.”

Banner and thumbnail caption: Real-life couple Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin in screen grabs by Joanne Rae Ramirez

Source: philstarlife

Edited by Chocolate

Feb 26, 2021

Smart | Sequel to "Inevitable" - TVC2 Teaser 2 - Save the Date

The 2nd TVC will be launched tomorrow Feb 27, 2021

SMART@LiveSmart

What’s meant to be, will be. #SmartBinJin

There are 2 teasers today (next one at 6pm) and TVC2 drop tomorrow (12 noon)!🤩

Spoiler

@EdelweissPH_FC

2nd teaser drops at 6pm today!

Good luck with your work/exam/errands for now.

@EdelweissPH_FC

Get ready for #SmartBinJin 2.0 tomorrow at 12nn.

Thank you @LiveSmart @JJBasas, we're closing February on a high BinJin note.

4BRHEky.jpg

Edited by Chocolate

R0h5XID.png

Crash Landing On You Stars Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin Reveal First Campaign As A Couple

By Dorynna Untivero | February 26, 2021

nAYvPFf.png

Photo: SMART

In the latest video by SMART Communications, Crash Landing On You's Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin star together in a campaign since revealing their off-screen relationship.

Early this year, Korean news outlet Dispatch announced that Crash Landing On You leads, Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin, were officially a couple. Having starred together in the hit movie The Negotiation in 2018, their on-screen chemistry was always undeniable.

Come 2019, the world fell in love with their characters on the Netflix series Crash Landing On You. Playing star-crossed lovers North Korean Captain Ri Jeong Hyeok and South Korean CEO & heiress Yoon Se Ri, Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin's acting chops had audiences worldwide pining for more after each episode. Their star power and the show's intriguing premise brought both actors' popularity to new heights.

6xhjI82.png

Photo: SMART

'INEVITABLE' CAMPAIGN

Telecommunications company, SMART, launched a new campaign entitled 'Inevitable' bringing together the co-stars for their first project after the Dispatch announcement. In a private virtual roundtable, Hyun Bin shared that shooting the campaign was quite challenging. “I remember it snowed a lot on the day of the shoot. Still, [it] was fun despite the cold weather," the actor related. In fact, Son Ye Jin had difficulty arriving at the shoot location due to the snowfall. Nonetheless, the pair worked hard to produce a captivating video. 

EYuQaTp.png

HYUN BIN PHENOMENON

The 'Inevitable' campaign comes on the heels of Hyun Bin's earlier partnership with the brand. Having joined the telco family in early 2020, Hyun Bin became a household name in the Philippines seemingly overnight. Since his breakthrough role in the 2005 drama, My Name is Kim Sam Soon, he has been known to be one of South Korea's highest-earning actors. Since Hyun Bin's signing with SMART, the telco company has continued to become synonymous with K-culture in the country, subsequently adding Son Ye Jin, Park Seo Joon, and BTS to their roster of ambassadors.

fvKhKFQ.png

WHAT'S TO COME

During the interview, SMART revealed that the pair is slated to visit the Philippines as soon as conditions allow. For the time being, Son Ye Jin shared, “I may not be able to meet you all in person but I’m very happy that I can greet you through this video. Last year was a difficult year for everyone. I sincerely hope you become happier this year. I hope to see you soon. Stay healthy until then”.

A sequel to the video is soon to be released too.

Spoiler

Until then, re-watch your favourite Crash Landing On You episodes on Netflix or check out the pair's other drama series like Hyun Bin's Secret Garden (2010) and Memories of Alhambra (2018) or Son Ye Jin's Something in the Rain (2018).

Check out the 'Inevitable' campaign video here:

Source: Tatler PH

Edited by Chocolate
  • 2 weeks later...

Mar 22, 2021

A milestone for Son Ye Jin - the latest Valentino DiVa

8YwqJAs.png

Source: valentino.com

maisonvalentino

#ValentinoDiVas: a magnetic collection of personalities and stories, featuring Son Ye-Jin (@yejinhand).

Dressed in a bright pink look and under the lights of Seoul, the actress is the latest Valentino DiVa, photographed here for a new chapter of #ValentinoCollezioneMilano

LZgVS9k.jpg

maisonvalentino

Son Ye-Jin (@yejinhand) is seen as a symbol of strength and free-thinking for the newest chapter of #ValentinoCollezioneMilano. The actress and house muse stars in an all-new shoot and becomes the newest member of the #ValentinoDiVas.

8L2pRNx.jpg

Edited by Chocolate

Mar 23, 2021

GPlu1OR.png

Source: maisonvalentino IG stories

maisonvalentino

Son Ye-Jin (@yejinhand): free, fearless and independent. Son Ye-Jin (@yejinhand) stars as the newest voice in an ongoing series for #ValentinoCollezioneMilano.

u9j0AAX.jpg

maisonvalentino

A unique voice and the power to use it.

Son Ye-Jin (@yejinhand) joins the #ValentinoDiVas, a collective of inspiring individuals who embrace originality, in a new shoot for #ValentinoCollezioneMilano. For her story, the actress wears a blossoming macramé shirt alongside the Valentino.

EPVAiEQ.jpg

Edited by Chocolate

Mar 25, 2021

maisonvalentino

#ValentinoDiVas: a diverse cast of voices and values, brought together under a collective narrative.
For #ValentinoCollezioneMilano, Son Ye-Jin (@yejinhand) is photographed throughout Seoul in the new collection, featuring a macramé jacket and crepe couture skort, and the new Valentino Garavani #RomanStud Top Handle bag.

qlRa2UZ.jpg

The Valentino DiVa is independent and free, unafraid and inspiring. In a cinematic exploration of Seoul, Son Ye-Jin stars as the latest member of the #ValentinoDiVas, a symbol of Valentino’s values of empathy and strength. Discover the looks she wears, including the Valentino Garavani #RomanStud accessories, shot for #ValentinoCollezioneMilano, here: m.valentino.com/go/wnh1r7

Edited by Chocolate