• Awesome 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

• 2 weeks later...

Jasper has released his EP today which you can listen to Spotify :) He also hosted a fan meet and signed the CDs for fans at Kaohsiung City today: https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/09/jasper-liu-hosts-fan-meet-in-kaohsiung.html

Photos from Peggy0114___ on instagram

kJ9tHsA.jpg

1zo70MO.jpg

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, wallflowersforjane said:

@JenL I am listening to the album now! It's really nice, perfect for the rainy and cool night I am having here. Jasper sings really well!

It's nice for easy listening! Sounds like he is matching the nice atmosphere at your place :love: I'm listening to Jasper on Spotify too, waiting for my physical copy to arrive via mail :BulbaOWO:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Another Jasper fan meet today. This time in Taipei with much more media coverage and a sneak peek at how fan meets are working in the time of covid...with glass case protection for Jasper: https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/09/jasper-liu-hosts-fan-meet-in-taipei-for.html

VrJQ8Hx.jpg

CsBlvS5.jpg

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

On 9/8/2020 at 10:49 AM, stroppyse said:

Something so adorable about Jasper Liu. Like him even more after watching some episodes of Twogether. Is he really that sweet and relatively innocent?

@stroppyse I think so! In all the years I've followed him (From 2014), I think he's always been quite a sweetheart with a fun and relatively open personality. He used to be quieter and a lot more shy when he started out and I think sometimes a little more serious, like you could see if he was feeling tired in the Behind the Scenes (he's actually a homebody outside of work). But I think he's really come out of his shell as an idol and is a lot more comfortable with the media these days. As far as I know (and knock on wood) there hasn't been any scandals. Every now and then they like to tease him him (like when he was doing those intense scenes with Puff in Before We Get Married) or there'll be a gossip article, but it's generally been unfounded and hasn't developed into any damaging rumours. (It's silly that people get hung up on these things as I think celebrities should just live their lives if they're not doing anything bad/illegal...but it's something that governs their careers sadly.)

Jasper's pretty nice in real life! Not going to pretend to I know him super well, or that I had the type of experience the girls on Twogether had, but have been lucky enough to go to 3 of his fan meets (this was before he hit this Netflix level of fame) and he was always pretty nice to talk to. At his most recent fan meet (above) there was a video a fan took where he casually and happily just crouched down and talked to/signed CDs for a man in a wheelchair. Jasper also still lives at home with his mum and dad, and he's always happy to talk about his family, which I think is so wholesome! And he seems to have a good relationship with all the stars he's worked with - particularly Puff, who he will sometimes mention in interviews as a good friend who helped him in the industry. But honestly, he's more likely to be in a Bromance with his male co-stars :MewGiggle:

Haha, this is a long post XD But if you want more reading, I documented my Jasper fan meet experiences:

Fan Meet Experience 1: Jasper at Pleasantly Surprised Fan Meet

Fan Meet Experience 2: Jasper at When I See You Again Fan Meet

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3

On 9/12/2020 at 12:56 AM, Merry_Shai said:

Jasper Liu easily became a must watch actor since I saw him in When I See You Again, it's probably his smile:wow2:.

The last thing I saw was Triad Princess and was disappointed at how short it was, I was actually loving his character there. There's a season 2 right?

I just watched Triad Princess and thought it was really cute. I was also thinking that there must a season 2 because the ending felt as if it were setting up for a season 2. However, I haven't heard any word about it. Please let me know if you hear anything! 

And he does have an adorable smile, cute dimples, and just this little boy mischievous look to his eyes. :wow:

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I just watched Triad Princess and thought it was really cute. I was also thinking that there must a season 2 because the ending felt as if it were setting up for a season 2. However, I haven't heard any word about it. Please let me know if you hear anything! 

And he does have an adorable smile, cute dimples, and just this little boy mischievous look to his eyes. :wow:

I read somewhere there's suppose to be a season 2, like they already filmed everything & Netflix just split the episodes in half or something....which is really annoying, just give us all the episodes. 

• Like 5
8 hours ago, Merry_Shai said:

I read somewhere there's suppose to be a season 2, like they already filmed everything & Netflix just split the episodes in half or something....which is really annoying, just give us all the episodes. 

Ugh. I have to admit that is annoying when they do that, even if I understand it's to generate more buzz and viewers. Though I'm glad to hear that it might actually have been filmed.

There are some dramas which are planned as multi-part dramas, but the subsequent seasons don't get picked up because the ratings aren't good enough, and then you're left wondering what else was supposed to happen.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Ugh. I have to admit that is annoying when they do that, even if I understand it's to generate more buzz and viewers. Though I'm glad to hear that it might actually have been filmed.

There are some dramas which are planned as multi-part dramas, but the subsequent seasons don't get picked up because the ratings aren't good enough, and then you're left wondering what else was supposed to happen.

I honestly hate how Netflix does that especially with Asian dramas because it's like they still don't get it. For Triad Princess, it was only 6 episodes which isn't even a full season of anything so I don't get why they split it (if that's what was happening). 

I hope there's a season 2, that last episode was a major cliffhanger & needs to be resolved. I think Jasper had great chemistry with his costar & I loved his character. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Merry_Shai said:

I hope there's a season 2, that last episode was a major cliffhanger & needs to be resolved. I think Jasper had great chemistry with his costar & I loved his character. 

To be really honest, the only reason I watched it was because I thought it was complete. I didn't realize until the last episode that there might be a season 2, but now I really, really want it. So, they better!

Totally agree with you regarding the chemistry and his character!

• Like 2
9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

To be really honest, the only reason I watched it was because I thought it was complete. I didn't realize until the last episode that there might be a season 2, but now I really, really want it. So, they better!

Totally agree with you regarding the chemistry and his character!

I waited so long for that show & felt betrayed with how it ended so season 2 needs to happen or I'm writing a very angrily worded letter lol They can't leave me hanging like that, it's just wrong. 

1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

isnt he in the variety with Lee SeungGi?

Yes, it's Twogether....also airing on Netflix lol 

• Like 2
On 9/9/2020 at 11:46 PM, stroppyse said:

@JenL, loved your write up and pictures about the fanmeets, but both of your links point to the same fan meeting. Loved the pictures and it sounds as if it was a lot of fun! I've never been to a fan meeting, but I might have to reconsider it. Thanks! 

Sorry I didn't see your comments @stroppyse...And Thanks! Also fixed up the link to the second fan meet story :) Fan meetings are definitely fun to attend, but it's definitely a whole day thing if you want to bag a good spot to see the actors/singers. But you get nice perks, like signings:

tAhaO8F.jpg

@Merry_Shai @stroppyse Yep, I believe there should be a 'Part 2' for Triad princess, but it probably won't get promoted till November since Netflix tends to air the so-called second season a year after the first one airs. I'm not sure why they feel the need to split pre-filmed series into 2 seasons, since most Asian drama viewers prefer either to marathon or to be on an even drip feed (1 or 2 episodes per week). I've had a few experiences of Asian dramas being split like that - the first being this Korean drama called 'My First First Love' - a lot of people found it very taxing to have to wait a year for the second half, especially since it was a slice of life type drama, so people forgot the story line...I guess that's how they force people to re-watch series and stay subscribed?

@NiteWalker Yep, Jasper was in a variety series with Lee Seung Gi not long ago called Twogether. It was a fun watch for the Bromance!

Jasper's agency recently released a behind the scenes video for the making of his music video U. I've translated the video (for those who don't speak/understand Chinese) and put up the nice stills they released here: 

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/09/pictures-translation-pourquoi-pas.html

Otherwise, you can just watch the video here :)

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4

@JenL

I think Netflix is still learning how to handle Aisan dramas since, as you said, viewers are much different than western audiences. I remember they once posted an entire series while the show was still supposedly airing in Korea, they forget most fans watch it live & it gets thrown off if it's uploaded in its entirety on another platform. They do better when they partner with a company to air the show alongside those in the country of origin. Splitting a series into 2 isn't what most of us signed up for lol If there is going to be a season 2 to Triad Princess, it should at least be confirmed to happen so we're not waiting around like clowns haha

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

I just realized that Jasper's Use My Talent is the Taiwanese remake of Clean With Passion For Now. I'm kind of excited to see him in that now. Also, excited to see him in Twelve Legends too. 

Here's the poster for Twelve Legends:

Spoiler

0o4tj3B.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Dear Jasper. 

Sorry, I've been cheating on you with Lee Jae Wook, but you've been in China for so long and I don't normally watch China-based dramas/ Entertainment!

:laugh:

Jokes aside, he'll be on the cover of MINT December issue soon!!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JenL said:

Sorry, I've been cheating on you with Lee Jae Wook, but you've been in China for so long and I don't normally watch China-based dramas/ Entertainment!

LOL! Is he participating more in Chinese dramas/movies?

English subs for the trailer of his upcoming drama, Twelve Legends. I'm so used to Jasper's real voice that the dubbed voice is throwing me off so much.  :pandasadspoon:

• Like 2