Lin Peng as Princess Consort Wei, Li Tai's wife
Tang Zeng as Li Zhen (Prince Han), eighth son of the Emperor
Shi Yue An Xin as Li Zhi (Prince Jin), ninth son of the Emperor
Wu Jia Yi as Li Jing (Princess Qinghe), eleventh daughter of the Emperor
Liu Min as Consort Yang, Li Ke's mother
Angela Pan as Dowager Concubine Wan, wife of Li Yuan
Zhang Yi Xi as Wu Cairen, wife of Li Shimin and later Li Zhi

Synopsis:

Born into privilege as the son of one of the founding pillars of the Tang Empire, Cheng Chu Mo (Xu Kai) has never had any desire to do more than enjoy the ease of his own life. With no aspirations, no direction, and no ambition, his life was one of idleness and frivolity but all that changed, the day he first laid eyes on Fu Rou (Li Yi Tong).

The daughter of a local merchant, Fu Rou never imagined she would be one to inspire greatness in anyone, but when she meets Cheng Chu Mo for the first time, that’s exactly what happens. Instantly enamored by the far superior Fu Rou, Chu Mo is suddenly aware of his own shortcomings and vows to make himself worthy of Fu Rou’s love. Dedicating himself to his studies, Chu Mo grows in knowledge and maturity, hoping that someday he will be worthy enough to ask for Chu Mo’s hand in marriage. As time passes, he finds himself following in his father’s footsteps, volunteering to selflessly serve the country by defending the coast against a band of marauding pirates.

While Chu Mo’s journey towards greatness sets him down one path, Fu Rou sets out on another. Leaving her family to become a master weaver in the royal palace, she soon finds herself entangled in palace schemes that could put not only herself, but her entire family, in danger. Walking paths that don’t often cross, Chu Mo and Fu Rou must rely solely on their wits and skill to overcome the ever-growing number of enemies and obstacles that stand in their way. With so much opposition before them, do these two destined souls have what it takes to save their country and their love?

Sources:

dramawiki, Viki

Trailer

Airing Schedule

4BdRjwI.jpg

Helpful Links

Viki l Weibo | Baidu

• Like 2
  • 5 months later...
46 minutes ago, Tothestars said:

Then i want to see your photo!

Not me. She once said it to a photo of a male celebrity who looked like they were playing in mud the entire day. Xu Kai's photo just remined me of what she told me a while ago. :eeeee:

• Haha 3
10 hours ago, Tofu said:

Xu Kai is pretty popular? I'm not too familiar with him. 

Haha! I did see the article about him and Yang Mi. That's true, I wished she picked someone that matches her a bit. 

he was popular when he was in 'The Legends' with BaiLu, after that i think his popularity wane off a lil....though till now ppl are still linking him with BaiLu on and off

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
On 2/28/2021 at 4:59 AM, NiteWalker said:

honestly YangMi need to start picking co-star that actually can match her age more

On 2/28/2021 at 1:06 PM, Tofu said:

Haha! I did see the article about him and Yang Mi. That's true, I wished she picked someone that matches her a bit. 

Haha... but they are not that far apart in age (or even in looks) - 34 vs 26. There are worse cases of over ten, even almost twenty or more, in age differences. On the whole, I don't care about the age difference. Some may look too young/old for their age, but others may look too young/old for their role. I care more about the script/plot, the acting/cast and the production (setting, cinematography, genre, etc).

There has been a change in name, again. It's now  《骊歌行》 (as seen at QQ.com and its official weibo account). It sounds like some form of influence by the other highly anticipated drama 《长歌行》. It looks like this XK/LYT drama is scheduled to premiere this month. I guess new posters with the new title are in the making. 

7e6beeaf73e14d199671438e90b72743.jpg

• Like 1

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...  

3 minutes ago, oppasaranghaeyo said:

Haha... but they are not that far apart in age (or even in looks) - 34 vs 26. There are worse cases of over ten, even almost twenty or more, in age differences. On the whole, I don't care about the age difference. Some may look too young/old for their age, but others may look too young/old for their role. I care more about the script/plot, the acting/cast and the production (setting, cinematography, genre, etc).

unfortunately in my eyes YangMi look a lil too mature to star with some young kids....

she look good with MarkCao and Willian Chan....

XuKai i dunno......i think there is a drama she pair up with Huang ZiTao?

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

.i think there is a drama she pair up with Huang ZiTao?

Yeah there was - Negotiator. That was quite a stretch in pairing. But I watched it till the end because the theme was interesting. :idk:

• Like 1

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...  

@oppasaranghaeyo - Age for me doesn't matter much as long as they match. I enjoyed Dating in the Kitchen and didn't mind that the age gap between the leads was about 18 years. 

18 hours ago, oppasaranghaeyo said:

There has been a change in name, again. It's now  《骊歌行》 (as seen at QQ.com and its official weibo account).

So many name changes for upcoming dramas rumored to be air this month. I can't keep up anymore. LOL!

The storyline looks interesting so I might watch this one; however, I've been saying that a lot so I think I need to start tracking the dramas I want to watch. :eeeee:

Some character posters:

G7P41gW.jpg

Spoiler

4Djtr0P.jpg

YqwYwot.jpg

6W2R2qq.jpg

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
6 hours ago, Tofu said:

I enjoyed Dating in the Kitchen and didn't mind that the age gap between the leads was about 18 years.

That was an awesome drama. They were perfect for each other, albeit the age difference. I just love ZLS and that mustache. lol. Anyone who has yet to watch it, I highly recommend it. :wow:

Dating-In-The-Kitchen-Chinese-Drama-Poster.jpg?resize=1024%2C1570&ssl=1

• Party! 1

14 hours ago, Tofu said:

Edit - Seems like Court Lady's released date may be pushed back. 

Oh no! Still quite a mixed bag of "rumors"... fingers crossed. Will be patient. 

be146248gy1godkbuecpqg20ff0rf4qq.gif

CR; Weibo 

14 hours ago, Tofu said:

I can't keep up! :BulbaConfused:

IKR! Me too! 

But I am more than happy to try to keep up, even though some dramas I do love have been "sitting" for a while haha. And more dramas to watch = more options to binge..I like to binge more than "wait in agony":nya:

• 1 month later...