1 hour ago, mademoisellesia said:

@bairama How are you feeling and how are you finding this drama? Is it your cuppa?

:heart: my cuppa chup!!!! But getting distracted by lightier cdrama dating in kitchen.. *No brainer mode on.. Since i miss food so much its heaven&hell at the same time😂 think I will continue watching 18 after this one, cant keeping up with airing dramas🤤

Ohh give LDH more juseyooo😍

• Like 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

I only managed to catch up now. Sharing my quick thoughts for:

Episode 3

- Glad to see that DaJung passed the selection and able to start work again. But the boss at the station is really something, looking down on her just because she has children. She is probably one of the better announcers he would ever have. Her ability to immediately think on the spot and adapt to changing situation is admirable! The station is foolish not to hold on to such a person. And then there were the netizens who at first praised her, and later on turned 180 degree when it was revealed she was a young mother. I can only roll my eyes and shake my head...

- Really love the rain scenes and how DaeYoung is so obsessed in making sure his family members are dry and warm. The meaning hit a greater impact when at the end we hear DaJung's narration and see the flashback. Love it when DaeYoung sheltered the twins with the umbrella and letting himself get rained on. 

Episode 4

- Love it when JiHo defended ShiAh when she was being bad-mouthed. Even more so after seeing the flashback in epilogue as to why he hit that Bully Boy. Not like ShiAh needed him to defend her. The punch in the gut that she threw was awesome! (oops, am I promoting violence? haha). As expected, Bully Boy has a story of his own which leads to his nasty behaviour in school. It's clear there will be a love triangle set up here.

- ROTFLOL when DoekJin was sprayed juice from left and right by AeRin and WooYoung when DaJung innocently suggest them be in-laws.

- It's really sad how DaeYoung is being misunderstood by his wife and children, and for him to hear it directly from them. But it's encouraging that he doesn't give up, but keeps trying his best to show them his love.

Both episodes started with light and funny scenes, but the ending both left us something to ponder upon. I especially love how the flashback provide us with glimpses into the reasons/background of why certain people do certain things. The scene-cut between DaeYoung and WooYoung has been done well so far. I was worried I won't get to see enough of Yoon Sang Hyun. 

There seems going to be lots of complicated relationship going around. I just hope the writers won't get tangled up and not able to sort out those relationship.DaJung with the PE Teacher and Baseball Player. ShiAh with JiHo and Bully Boy, and maybe WooYoung included. The BFFs with their own respective crushes.

That's it for today. Hopefully I will have time to catch up on ep.5-6 soon. I know I am so behind on this. Have not read all the posts on this thread yet also.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Some thoughts for episode 5:

- Love the cherry blossom confession scene of OTP when they were younger. Just so romantic :wow:  Later episodes, there were other scenes with cherry blossom, so that means this drama is pre-produced? Shooting was done many months ago? 

- So it seems that the real reason why DaJung decided to go for divorce is because DaeYoung said (in drunken state) that he regretted their marriage? Those old classmates at the reunion are just fair-weather friends, only looking at status and bragging about who is better. It's sad that DaJung and DaeYoung have to give up their dreams because they became young parents. But I think it is more admirable that they took responsibility and chose to have their babies and have come this far. I want to see more what went wrong that they're divorcing. The divorce hurt the children most, because indirectly, it is telling them that the parents shouldn't have gotten married but they did because of the children. 

- LOL at the reveal of Teacher Ok HyeIn's other persona. She and DeokJin will definitely be the end game, haha... It must be soooooo difficult for her to decline that limited edition helmet, LOL... 

- Bully Boy is a softie after all. I'm glad we are shown the caring side of him. Usually love the bad boy turns softie for a girl, but sorry, this time I'm firmly team JiHo :-) When he draws the curtain so that ShiAh can sleep better :wow:

- Teacher Choi.... disgusting creep. I usually like the actor, so yeah, this is the first time I saw him as the baddie. Glad that DaJung is firm in keeping a distance with him and she defended DaeYoung.

- One would think life will be easier for DaJung because of the divorce, but turned out that it is harder now that she is an announcer. Of course not without the aid by that little cunning colleague of hers :mad:

• Like 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama :SquirtleWonderfull: Glad to see you are enjoying the show! It's like silent hill here, even birds don't chirp in this deserted thread, LOL. And the two that wanted a thread to discuss are no where to be seen. Yes, I'm talking about you two, @Alice Wonderland and @LaLa.

Back to the show...Imma Team Ji Ho too, hahaha! Choi Bomin is too cute, already on my radar when I first saw him in Melting Me Softly. Kekeke.

They usually start filming early and maybe less days, then slowly the airing catches up with the production. But yeah, not sure if this is pre-produced actually. We need to factor in there maybe CG involved.

I'm really liking Lee Do Hyun as the young Dae Young playing the "father". Strangely don't even feel weird seeing him interact with all the adults. On the contrary Yoon Sang Hyun feels out of place, especially with his clothes. Hope you catch up soon, this week's episodes are really touching (tissues required like LaLa said). Can't believe we're at episode 8 already too!

I think both had regrets of having to give up their dreams especially when they're being down they feel it more, but neither should have said it, you know what I mean? It's a Pandora Box so-to-speak plus it doesn't mean that they don't love the family. It's just a thought they'd imagine or entertain the "What if...?" and their life would have been different if it weren't for the twins. So for Dae Young to yell it out to the world, that's embarrassing and hurtful + Da Jung probably wanted to also give "his life" back in that sense. I do pity the twins and feel strongly for them. :CubShy: It's not their fault but I totally can see why they would feel like they ruin their parents' lives.

After School Game - Part 4

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@mademoiselle real life problem madem... Busy with work on weekdays and busy catching up with dramas on the weekend. But I did find the time to post spoiler of the newest episodes in my twitter when the new episode airs. :D

Another good moments in ep 8 that I like, Ja Sung and Shi Woo seem to warm up with each other. I hope they will become a great friend. 

When I tell @Alice Wonderland about Hwang In Yeop (Ja Sung) real age, she's shocked. Hwang In Yeop is 29 y.o in Korean Age. And he's the same age with Wi Ha Joon, who plays Ye Ji Hoon. Hwang in Yeop looks so young :psweatduck:

@ktcjdrama I'm glad you loving the drama. :smile:

Hmm I think the drama is half pre-produced or by now they might have wrapped up the filming? I remember that they have the script reading late March. The flashback scenes where Dae Young and Da Jung were younger probably shoot around April or in Spring. I did read they pushed back the airing date (supposed to air early Sept but pushed back to mid Sept) when SK raised the flag for covid stage 2 and several broadcasting company stopped their filming production for 2 weeks when the confirmed cases increasing quite high. 

I hope all actors and staffs are always healthy and safe while filming the drama. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

@LaLa Yes it was nice to see Ja Sung being friendly with Shi Woo although the friendliness like that seems like there should be something that happen before that Shi Woo too would respond back with such a smile..? Either way I like that it seem like they've become friends. Now it's Ja Sung vs Ji Ho haha.

Yeah if you guys hadn't said he's 29 I would not be able to tell.

By the wayyyy, how is it that Appa is not even shocked that Dae Young is young Dae Young, LOLLLL. Only Ae Rin has the right reactions but even then she seems to have gotten over the "impossible" too quickly, LOL.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

By the wayyyy, how is it that Appa is not even shocked that Dae Young is young Dae Young, LOLLLL. Only Ae Rin has the right reactions but even then she seems to have gotten over the "impossible" too quickly, LOL.

Ae Rin just accepted the impossible and moved on to support Da Jung and Dae Young. Deok Jin and Ae Rin are such great friends, and a great comedic relief too. :laugh:

Father is currently overwhelmed with his feelings and to see younger Dae Young playing basketball again. I think when he has calmed down he will start shooting questions. The epilogue at the end of ep 8, it looks like a preview for future episodes, since in their conversation, Da Jung said she's sorry for not attending Shi Woo first match. Will Da Jung finally realized that Woo Young is Dae Young in the upcoming episode? Or will Dae Young got back to his old self before he got the chance to say anything to Da Jung? :thinking:

• Like 4

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

@Alice Wonderland @bairama

More Lee Do Hyun cute and cool action in making scenes for the basketball game.

Included behind the scenes of filming conversing with sign language with Dae Young's father. 

Young Dae Young and Young Da Jung with baby Shi Woo making scenes. They keep conversing kindly with the actor child to make him less nervous.  

• Like 2
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

Hey hi @mademoiselle @LaLa sorry for being mia. I did come here but just see one or two pages then gone off. The same reason, busy weekdays at work then busy watching at weekend.

My thought on ep 7-8.

So far until we reach the marked 8 eps where dramas usually shows more good contents or end up being flat to the rest of the show. 18 Again proved to be something really engaging and touching with its beautiful narration. As I have been warned that last week episodes needs tissue and I had mine ready before watching. Why r they cutting all the unions! My heart sank when their past revealed all the misunderstanding which sets them apart. How all those years passed and now left them with so many regrets. It is poignantly touching with how the parents-children relationships being highlighted more deeper here. A mother and her daughter, a father to his son. These all are so heartbreaking but meaningful.

It develops the story so well along with multiple conflicts among the characters. I feel that everyone gets their story proportion enough and so far nothing feels as just fillers. I really enjoy the friendships that DY build not just with his kids. And yes, not because I like LDH, but the way he portrays the young DY and as the father are totally fitted. He really suited the roles. Nothing look awkward even when he acts with the adult one. And I think what makes YSH looks like out of place here just because of the editing. Sometimes the switching timing a bit off but that's not that bad either. It is still good imo. 

The humor is just so natural. I mean they don't need much funny effects or whatsoever to be funny. I instantly laugh when they do. That AR's ex cameo plus how they make a parody over the makjang ost. Lols. Or how IK tries his best to end the case while DJ tried to continue it. Lols. It was supposed to be serious in some sense but it came pretty hilarious to me. 

And I enjoyed watching the basketball scenes a lot. Basketball bridges the gap among DY and SW and between SW and JS. Wait did JH included in the team? I don't see it or miss him. Oh I dropped KMS right in ep 1. Lols. But after you mentioned him now I remember ever saw him here. He's the FL's junior in the uni right? It's him! Haha, no wonder he looks familiar. And it serves IK right that he tried so hard to do his dirty tricks. I see that he paved his way to jail in the end. Lols. 

While watching there's a lot I'd like to share but when I come to write them down here it feels like I'm short of ideas what to write more. Lols. Well, I'll keep it for next post then ya. So the thread won't be a desert. Lol

Oh @ktcjdrama it's nice to read your thoughts too. Keep them coming. Yes, JDJ got her own medicine for taking that decision without even giving DY a proper chance to explain or listen the reason of their divorce. I guess he learns everything by himself. He sees things much clearer as they separated. And so she does. The moments she realized that what makes DY to be looked like an irresponsible husband turned out that he is the one who always there and be the first person who ready to gives up without hesitation when it comes for his family, her and their kids. That must give her lots of regrets knowing this too late.

There are lots of moral messages that this drama keep telling us in each episodes. If I could say, that regrets may come late. But it is good to see how they try to sort out everything one by one and solve them. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Alice Wonderland I have the same issue - going blank in front of the PC after watching the show but hey, you managed to pour out your thoughts meanwhile I am still blank. You nailed almost everything I feel and put it out better in words than I could.

8 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

It is poignantly touching with how the parents-children relationships being highlighted more deeper here. A mother and her daughter, a father to his son. These all are so heartbreaking but meaningful.

I really like the above and worded so well.

Oh, Ji Ho is not in the basketball team. He's just good with studies. Haha.

• Like 2

@mademoiselle thanks. I just typed what I could remember. I will rewatch while waiting the next episodes. Hope I will watch ep 9-10 sooner ya so we can spazz more. Haha

57 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Oh, Ji Ho is not in the basketball team. He's just good with studies. Haha.

Talking about him, the triangle war among him over SA is just begun. Lols. I can't help laughing at how silly they both snatching the pencil case. And both are anxious whether SA likes WY more than them. Hahaha. At first I am rooting on SA to be with JH but we know that JH is a nice kid as well. I think I can't see one of them to be broken hearted. Hope they won't make things complicated for this. I prefer as something fun and sweet for these three.

In previous eps we see someone took a picture of WY secretly. I wonder who could that be. Don't you feel that some of dramas are like following some sort of trend, a mysterious stalker or long legs ahjussi.  What do you think?

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Lols. I can't help laughing at how silly they both snatching the pencil case. And both are anxious whether SA likes WY more than them.

Yes I thought it was childish but it correctly depicted it because they are supposed to be childish hahaha. Oh I want Woo Young to make them more anxious because right now this has taken a backseat as the story focuses on Woo Young and Da Jung, Woo Young and his father more.

I'm a bit concern if they've time to develop the kids' loveline. I hope they do. Don't just hint it, I want them to be at least "confirmed" by the time we reach the finale.

39 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

In previous eps we see someone took a picture of WY secretly. I wonder who could that be. Don't you feel that some of dramas are like following some sort of trend, a mysterious stalker or long legs ahjussi.  What do you think?

I cannot figure this out yet coz for what happens to Woo Young it seems to be magical. So why would anyone stalk Woo Young? It's weird so yeah I cannot get my head around this yet. Rather than "stalking" which has a negative intention, I feel it's more like keeping him under observation how he's doing after returning to his youth.

Omg, who is Il Kwon beating up? Woo Young?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2

Oooh @mademoiselle spoiler for tonight?? Wjy would they meet again? JDJ need to brig someone along or good plan to tackle him down with his bribery. Honestly the way she tried to get his confession last time was a bit careless as she made it too obvious. I guess putting the recorder phone inside of her bag and put that bag on the table are much unnoticeable rather than put it plainly on the table right in front of the two. I expected that she has other backup plan like having a micro camera brooch that a investigators have. Lol. Revealing a bribery case needs some good plan cuz it involves a chain of people behind the certain institutions. 

Whoever is that, I doubt WY/DY will let IK punch him? It is not DJ either cuz the side view doesnt look like DJ's figure. No idea who. Perhaps WY but he won't really punch him. Maybe. 

• Like 2

@Alice Wonderland IKR. She works for the broadcasting, surely they've some micro-recorder she can sneak with her to meet Il Kwon. We've watched so much TV even we know, lol. TBH it didn't make sense that her phone screen still lit up during recording. Coz mine usually will dim down and switches off even though the recording is still going. Well, assuming she has power safe mode on for the phone.

The hair looks curly... Ja Sung?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@Alice Wonderland IKR. She works for the broadcasting, surely they've some micro-recorder she can sneak with her to meet Il Kwon. We've watched so much TV even we know, lol. TBH it didn't make sense that her phone screen still lit up during recording. Coz mine usually will dim down and switches off even though the recording is still going. Well, assuming she has power safe mode on for the phone.

The hair looks curly... Ja Sung?

Lol. We do. I guess her screen lit up cuz there was an incoming call from WY. That revealed to IK right away. I guess he also have sensed that.

Ja Sung, hm could be cuz he might provoke him with the bribe he gets from his dad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Lol. We do. I guess her screen lit up cuz there was an incoming call from WY. That revealed to IK right away. I guess he also have sensed that.

Ja Sung, hm could be cuz he might provoke him with the bribe he gets from his dad.

Nahhh it was an error from Production because Woo Young/Dae Hong called after she got caught. Il Kwon already saw the reflection of the actual recording screen. If WY called, it would be the call screen, not recording.

We'll find out tonight right? Well last night if you watch it live, lol. 

• Like 1

Ep 9

• I'm surprise the show dealt with Choi Il Kwon so quickly! And turns out the one getting beaten up is Deok Jin. I should have guessed. Well @Alice Wonderland, I guess the writer had it all planned out how she/he wanted to expose Il Kwon, haha.

• My favourite of this episode had to be Woo Young/Dae Young learning both Ja Sung and Ji Ho likes Shi Ah and turning on his protective mode and fuming over...especially Ja Sung. I think at this moment, I'd give Ji Ho more points than Ja Sung purely because he's all, "she's my woman". Pffffft~

• To be honest I love Lee Do Hyun being Hong Dae Young in Woo Young body so much so that I've to say sorry to Yoon Sang Hyun. I want to see more Do Hyun over Sang Hyun. I don't think it's the editing but more of Yoon Sang Hyun has to wear the clothes Do Hyun wore and it doesn't suit him at all because Do Hyun is much taller and the clothes are styled for him rather than Sang Hyun.

• I'm really curious about the mysterious black nails observer/stalker. I mean, young Dae Young is young, so is there a need to take so many photos of him for reporting?? LOL.

• Interesting how after getting hit by the car, Woo Young turns back to Dae Young. Is that mean we have no more Woo Young tonight?! :PsyWhat::lettalKWA: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo~ I hope not.

• Heart Eyes 1

I have only watched 2 episodes in this drama, i.e. ep 7&8. Hahaha. My cousin was watching it last week and I decided to just watch with him. I loved it. Am not sure though if I'm gonna watch the previous episodes cause I have a feeling of how the story in the prev eps went, it gives me the go back couple drama vibes. But definitely will continue watching it!

18 Again fighting!

:CharmanderYay:

• Like 2

In the strong Tower, I take refuge.

-----------------------------------

So far my top 2020 K-Dramas are 1. Hospital Playlist 2. Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim Season Two 3. CLOY 4. IONTBO

Still playing catch up here... 

My thoughts for ep.6:

- I can never say it enough. DaJung is just awesome in her work. Her practice paid off. She is hardworking and sincere in her approach to work. If only there isn’t any age and marital status discrimination at her work place, she is going to soar high. Had to laugh at the unprofessional way her sunbae is at the site. Putting on make-up is more important than delivering the breaking news. I love that DaJung Team Leader is appreciating her, although he can’t do that too openly just yet.

- It’s great that DaeYoung was able to find out that his father has been giving his support to DaJung when they were newlyweds, and that the two of them are still in touch all these years.

- Yay!! DaeYoung has an excuse to enter his own home again after so long. Him reflecting on how he’s been at home in the past was comforting to watch. And after ShiAh came home, we get some good laughs especially when MIL came by too. LOLOL. His automatic 90-degree bow to the MIL.

- Uh-oh, so now we have AeRin found out the truth, what’s next then?!

- The epilogue continues to be that special treat to give us more insights. The light changed, the snacks that he brought home, the dishes done. DaJung, being none the wiser, thought those were done by her mother. DaeYoung’s narration “…as long as there is a smile on your face…” is just so touching.

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif