Jump to content
The Members Shop has successfully been updated! ×

18 Again | 18 어게인 [2020]


Recommended Posts

PDNckT2.jpg AGAIN

 

Broadcast Station: JTBC

International Broadcast: iQiyi, K+Asia (Astro), VIU, Netflix

Director: Ha Byung Hoon

Writer: Kim Do-Yeon, An Eun-Bin, Choi Yi-Ryun

Release Date: September 7 - November 10, 2020

Number of episodes: 16

Genre: Drama, Fantasy

Runtime: Mon & Tue 21:30

Website: Official

 

Plot:

Jung Da-Jung (Kim Ha-Neul) is married to 37-year-old Hong Dae-Young (Yoon Sang-Hyun). They have have 18-year-old son and daughter. Jung Da-Jung works hard as a rookie announcer and she has a warm heart. She becomes completely fed up with her husband and is unable to deal with him anymore. Hong Dae-Young got fired from his job and he is looked down upon by his family. Jung Da-Jung hands him divorce papers.

 

Meanwhile, Hong Dae-Young looks at himself as an ordinary jobless middle-aged man. He regrets his life. At that moment, his body changes into that of an 18-year-old year old person, while his mind is still that of his 37-year-old self. Back in his teenage days, Hong Dae-Young (Lee Do-Hyun) was an excellent basketball player and also popular. Now, with his regained 18-year-old body, he changes his name to Ko Woo-Young and begins to live a new life.

 

18 Again is a remake of 2009 US film, 17 Again.

 

source: AsianWiki

 

Character Chart/Casts || Videos || Soundtrack/Rating/Recap || BTS Making/Others

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
Link to comment

Original Soundtrack

OST 1 Soyou - The Only One

OST 2 Sohyang - Hello

OST 3 Choi Nakta - If You

OST 4 Solji - One Person

OST 5 Sondia - How to Love

OST 6 Jukjae - Moments Make Memories

OST 7 Clara C - Somebody

OST 8 Yoon Sang Hyun - If We Love Again

OST 9 Every Single Day - First Time

 

Episode Ratings

Episode 1 - 1.8%

Episode 2 - 2.4%

Episode 3 - 2.7%

Episode 4 - 2.5%

Episode 5 - 3.2%

Episode 6 - 2.8%

Episode 7 - 2.8%

Episode 8 - 3.2%

Episode 9 - 3.1%

Episode 10 - 3.2%

Episode 11 - 2.6%

Episode 12 - 2.3%

Episode 13 - 2.8%

Episode 14 - 2.9%

Episode 15 - 2.7%

Episode 16 - 2.7%

 

Episode Recap by LollyPip from Dramabeans

Episode 01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 - 14 | 15 | 16

 

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
Link to comment

This drama is so beautifully shot

EjEWWkkUwAEi6Bl?format=jpg&name=large

One of my favourite scenes, sweet young daddy with his twins ~ ♥ 

Because the kids have grown and Dae Young had been busy earning a living, their relationship drifted apart but in the core, he hasn't changed one bit after all these years. We see that young Dae Young runs out to buy his twins umbrella and let himself get wet on his way home. And in this scene again we see that many years ago, he's holding out umbrella for his baby twins and letting himself drenched. 😭 So touching.

img.gif

source: Moonsol1 and SOD

 

Come check out another awesome drama guys!! It's fun, heart-warming and funny! Lotsa cute Oppas/Dongsaeng for you to take turn swooning at!

@JenL @ktcjdrama @stroppyse @SilverMoonTea @abs-oluteM @wallflowersforjane @im0202 @40somethingahjumma @OsmanthusTea @UnniSara @SnowBlob @bluepebbles @Tofu @Frau @Thong Thin @JeannieBean @Mouse @Phikyl @ssteph 

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 6
Link to comment

Ohhh I love the guy from Hotel Del Luna. Lee Do-Hyun? He's so pretty!! :SquirtleNiceAhah:

So many things to watch. I am a sucker for pretty cinematography, so I might give it a go. Body swap / Reverting-Back-to-Youth dramas are funny and full of fun hijinks even if a little predictable at times.

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4
  • Party! 1

Currently watching:  One Dollar Lawyer

Current Obsessions: ❤ Suffering from Kang Tae Oh fever ❤

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Link to comment

@mademoisellesia you keep dragging me into new dramas 😅 how am I gonna use my time... but I do have plan to watch this because of the male leads. Love them both from their past works. As for the FL, just okay, no special feelings. However, I don’t know if I can juggle so many dramas or not. So many good dramas suddenly. I need old ones to end before I can pick up a new one... Well, at least Strangers is ending this week. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Tasty 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Reborn // Responders // Curtain // Suckers // Umbrella // Love in Your Eyes // Siblings // New Life

Link to comment
2 hours ago, JenL said:

Ohhh I love the guy from Hotel Del Luna. Lee Do-Hyun? He's so pretty!!

So many things to watch. I am a sucker for pretty cinematography, so I might give it a go. Body swap / Reverting-Back-to-Youth dramas are funny and full of fun hijinks even if a little predictable at times.

Yes! It is him and there are many more cute guys in here too. Such bliss! I am going to post some pretty pictures later 😍

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

@mademoisellesia you keep dragging me into new dramas 😅 how am I gonna use my time... but I do have plan to watch this because of the male leads. Love them both from their past works. As for the FL, just okay, no special feelings. However, I don’t know if I can juggle so many dramas or not. So many good dramas suddenly. I need old ones to end before I can pick up a new one... Well, at least Strangers is ending this week. 

Hahahahahaha I want to share good pretty things & oppas with you guys mah. Like I said above, many cuties and the characters are all pretty comedic. You will know what I mean when you watch it. FL is actually OK here, likable! I think this time her character is more colourful. I will be waiting for you here, please come soon to spazz with us!

 

 

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
Link to comment

@mademoisellesia link for the making scenes -> link

 

And I just realized, it's directed with the same PD of Go Back Couple! Maybe that's why I reminded of that drama when I watch this. 

 

@SilverMoonTea come come~ You did enjoy Go Back Couple. Maybe several oppas/cute guys in here can be your new DP? :D

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: Love is for Suckers, Under the Queen's umbrella, Three Bold Siblings, May it Please court, One Dollar Lawyer 

K-variety: House on wheels 4

 

Link to comment

Not sure why you must watch this drama? Well, other than a strong storyline of a broken family mending their relationship, it's also about the self-discovery of the leading characters, as well as re-discovery of their love of one another. When I watch 17 Again, I had loved it very much. It was packaged in a light and fun way but it dealt with the most fundamental element, and that is love (and friendship).

 

With 18 Again, it's all of the above and many more — like the beautiful cinematography, the colourful characters and the cuties. Which of them would you like to claim..? :eeeee:

 

The Young & Reckless

itzVuS2.jpg

 

The Ahjussi

Uc22qOn.jpg

 

The Bully

gzL0GD4.jpg

 

Or... the cutest of all them all

Spoiler

AUghgW8.png

The illegal one... hahahahaha (just kidding). He's well-loved playing Pil Gu in When the Camellia Blooms.

 

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
Link to comment
57 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

@LaLa Can you guys watch the making on YT or Twitter? I can't. It's blocked for me :cry:

I'll put the playlist link in the post anyway.

 

When I gave you that link before, I tried to play one video and I can see it. You got blocked by the youtube or the user jtbc blocked it from viewing the video? I haven't tried it on twitter

It happened to me when Chocolate was airing. I have to visit jtbc official page to watch the making scenes video. Don't know on what reason it got blocked. 

Can you watch this? This is the newest making video that is released yesterday. The raining scenes of older and younger Dae Young

 

 

  • Like 3

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: Love is for Suckers, Under the Queen's umbrella, Three Bold Siblings, May it Please court, One Dollar Lawyer 

K-variety: House on wheels 4

 

Link to comment

ommo ya, this is it! the thread is finally created! :eeeee:Thanks @mademoisellesia 

so I replied you guys here 

 

Quote

I think you were right, or was it LaLa that the Bully does like Si Ah. LOL, so many lovelines. I am now curious if he was that fat little boy who once bullied Si Ho. 

it was @LaLa maybe, I do think he likes her, he notices that SA communicates with SH secretly, and yeah, I won't be surprised if later that bully kid probably turns out to be him.

 

Quote

I'm curious what's the backstory for baseball player played by Wi Ha Joon. As in does he share the same experience as the twins where his parents are also MBA (married by accident). I'm more than happy that he plays the good guy (who doesn't get the girl again, LOL). Perhaps he could be a match for Ae Rin. There should ideally be enough ladies to go around for these cute guys other than the OTP hahaha.

That baseball oppa, I remember ever watched him as LJS rival in bonus drama if I'm not mistaken, and he plays somewhat the same character again here, won't get the girl. But I like his smiles a lot, haha. I am not sure about the backstory, but later we'll find out what. 

 

Quote

I love Deok Jin and Ae Rin. They are such good comedic relief character and yet not over-done or make you feel they are not needed in the show. 

 

Quote

Deok Jin and Ae Rin definitely the comic-relief in this drama. Ae Rin's expression in the beginning of ep 4 is hillarious. I think I saw a meme in twitter with her expression in there LOL.

And Deok Jin. I was laughing so much in his scene when his supposed great character was drenched by juice in front of his crush.

Yup. they are absolutely so hillarious. I guess they would end up as couple in the end. LOL

 

Quote

The Class President name is Ji Ho, not Si Ho. I think he might feel jealous or suspicious with Woo Young because of his friendliness with Shi Ah. If Dae Young reveals himself to Woo Young, maybe he can help him, after all Ji Ho wants to be a cool person like DY, based on the epilogue.

Oh my god, wrong name? I am sorry, but fortunately I remember the last syllable at least. lols. I think so, he sees him as woo young their new classmate and he doesn't know he is her father, so of course all he could think that moment is that he is his rival to win SA's heart. hahaha  

 

Quote

About Ji Hoon, I think like the other guys back then in 2000, he likes Da Jung just because of her characteristic and charms. I too would like to know more about his story but I still rooted for Da Jung and Dae Young to reconcile. And rather than Ae Rin, he can be the potential lover for another young anchor (the one who is kind and polite, not the rude one). Ae Rin and Deok Jin can be a couple or maybe Deok Jin can be a couple with his crush the teacher.

I love this set up. I'm rooting for DJ and DY to get back together again as well. He still loves him and so she does. It's just their difficult situation keeps separating them away at the moment, probably not, he gets closer to his family more than ever now but they don't know. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

@mademoisellesia I saw this when I was browsing around late last night but I had to just put it on my plan to watch list. School started so I don't have the free time to pick any shows up right now. :letalQQ:

 

Remind me again when the show has completed airing. I might be far enough ahead in work at that point that I can spend a weekend binging. :taebtsbeg:

  • Like 3

MDL                           Currently Watching: I miss having free time to watch dramas. Q.Q

spacer.png

Link to comment
8 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

That baseball oppa, I remember ever watched him as LJS rival in bonus drama if I'm not mistaken, and he plays somewhat the same character again here, won't get the girl. But I like his smiles a lot, haha. I am not sure about the backstory, but later we'll find out what. 

Yes he was in Romance is a Bonus Book. He gets a girl in there, just not the main girl. So hopefully he gets one too in this one. I'm at the moment not sure the other anchorwomen is worthy because someone who knew about Da Jung's past was the one who exposes her being married by accident. It could be her high school mates but for now, those 2 ladies are on my "I-got-my-eyes-on-you" list.

 

8 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Yup. they are absolutely so hillarious. I guess they would end up as couple in the end. LOL

Deok Jin and Ae Rin?! Hmmm, in the movie Deok Jin and teacher supposed to hit it off. So I'm shipping the teacher with him instead of Ae Rin.

 

56 minutes ago, Phikyl said:

@mademoisellesia I saw this when I was browsing around late last night but I had to just put it on my plan to watch list. School started so I don't have the free time to pick any shows up right now. 

 

Remind me again when the show has completed airing. I might be far enough ahead in work at that point that I can spend a weekend binging. 

Oh no. You're that busy! That's what I don't miss during school. I basically spent my weekend writing reports/doing homework. I'll tag you when it ends and by then is still worthy for recommendation (as you know they can falter towards the end). Fighting (for school)!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/2/2020 at 6:13 AM, mademoisellesia said:

Yes he was in Romance is a Bonus Book. He gets a girl in there, just not the main girl. So hopefully he gets one too in this one. I'm at the moment not sure the other anchorwomen is worthy because someone who knew about Da Jung's past was the one who exposes her being married by accident. It could be her high school mates but for now, those 2 ladies are on my "I-got-my-eyes-on-you" list.

I didn't watch bonus drama till the end. So I don't know the ending. Whose he ends up with? The second lead girl who likes LJS there? 

 

Yes. Those two are suspicious. And it is easier to blame it to the young lady reporter, the one that should be failed if it's not her young age. She's annoying. 

 

Btw the one who played SA is young Choi In HA in Pinocchio. No wonder I feel like I ever seen her. She was there. 

 

Ji Ho is jealous at WY without knowing he is young Hong Dae Young, and later DY will be troubled once he knows that Ji Ho and even his daughter like each other. Hahaha. Others who don't know this will see they're in a triangle love. To make it more complicated, SA likes WY that is her dad. She confuses him as WY thinking her feeling as love to him while actually it is a love from a daughter to a father. And she doesn't know the fact that he is her dad. And this 'friend' will like her mom. Hahaha. Oh gosh. Hope it won't go as what I predict. Please don't. Lols.

 

I like cool SA. And I think she doesn't realize that JH likes her cuz she herself hasn't really realized that she likes him. I guess so.

 

Lee Do Hyun!! 😍😍😍 loved the scenes where DY takes care of his twins when they're little. I wonder what makes SA thinks that he never there with them when they need him. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

New BTS

 

 

5 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I didn't watch bonus drama till the end. So I don't know the ending. Whose he ends up with? The second lead girl who likes LJS there?

Yeah he and the editor lady got together in the end. They were cute too.

5 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Yes. Those two are suspicious. And it is easier to blame it to the young lady reporter, the one that should be failed if it's not her young age. She's annoying. 

I think the young (fake Top 1) didn't dope her in because she didn't know Da Jung. I don't trust the other one, who told Da Jung her age was 30 and Da Jung whispered into her ear something. So she could be the one who let the management know Da Jung's age. It's blind test, so how did they ended up knowing Da Jung's age? Or is it because it was eventually written in their personal profile?

5 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Btw the one who played SA is young Choi In HA in Pinocchio. No wonder I feel like I ever seen her. She was there. 

She's a child actor so yeah, she appeared in a fair few dramas we would have seen. She was also in Kill It and was pretty cute with JKY.

5 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Ji Ho is jealous at WY without knowing he is young Hong Dae Young, and later DY will be troubled once he knows that Ji Ho and even his daughter like each other. Hahaha. Others who don't know this will see they're in a triangle love. To make it more complicated, SA likes WY that is her dad. She confuses him as WY thinking her feeling as love to him while actually it is a love from a daughter to a father. And she doesn't know the fact that he is her dad. And this 'friend' will like her mom. Hahaha. Oh gosh. Hope it won't go as what I predict. Please don't. Lols.

If they follow the movie then it will go there first, LOL, but it'll be for the laugh to see Lee Do Hyun reacts to his own daughter coming onto him. LOL LOL LOL.

5 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I wonder what makes SA thinks that he never there with them when they need him. 

I think after they grew up a bit they just forget and it would be likely that Dae Young works day & night and then go for drinks, get drunk so he spent less time with them too.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

I think the young (fake Top 1) didn't dope her in because she didn't know Da Jung. I don't trust the other one, who told Da Jung her age was 30 and Da Jung whispered into her ear something. So she could be the one who let the management know Da Jung's age. It's blind test, so how did they ended up knowing Da Jung's age? Or is it because it was eventually written in their personal profile?

Ah, you mean the one who she gave the sedative pills before the interview, I guess it could be her as well, for now i am not really sure who, but for easy guess it would be the lady reporter but if it turns to be her, she might do it because of jealosuy and insecurity. the reporter cap/manager said that their intern is part of their final test to decide whether the company will hire them or not. 

 

2 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

She was also in Kill It and was pretty cute with JKY.

oooh, yes, I watched her in there too, but it reminds me of the heartbreak again, duh.

 

2 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

If they follow the movie then it will go there first, LOL, but it'll be for the laugh to see Lee Do Hyun reacts to his own daughter coming onto him. LOL LOL LOL.

movie? wait, is this drama movie adaptation? Lol, that was fun to watch, I love when he tried to says the things in his minds but then say something else to SA, so cute to see his facial expressions, gosh, 

 

2 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

think after they grew up a bit they just forget and it would be likely that Dae Young works day & night and then  go for drinks, get drunk so he spent less time with them too.

I guess so, the backstory he and DJ got into a fight and he said something like "do you also feel regrets, don't you?" I guess he doesn't remember this things yet, we haven't known yet what is the reason that DJ will divorce him, I feel like they miss their timing to each other, remember last time he visited her before he got young again, he said to her that he doesn't want to get divorce, and she runs back from his apartment only to see him had left.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Alice Wonderland said:

movie? wait, is this drama movie adaptation?

Yeah, it's adapted from US movie 17 Again by Zac Efron. It's actually pretty good. I recommend watching it. Used to be on Netflix but it was taken down for me, otherwise I'd have watched it again to refresh my memory.

 

It is a movie/drama for the male lead to re-discover what's more important to him and if given the same chance, would he choose a different path etc. Like you said, a bit like Go Back Couple, but less crying and more comedy.

 

Episode Highlights!!

 

My fave ♥

@SilverMoonTea He's supposed to draw whiskers on them but he drew moustaches instead, so adorb! And his twins aren't upset and soooo cute! How can you say no to this?

Basketball 2 vs 2

 

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements

  • The Members Shop has successfully been updated!

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use