The end of eps 11 when the drunk Da Jung asked DY what took him so long...all the feels. :cry: I thought I would have been weirded out seeing a high schooler kiss his friend's mum sort of feeling , but it wasn't like that at all. All I could think of is that it was DY and DJ. 

----

I did read mix comments about the kiss in eps 12 , but I do think it was an important part of the narrative. Look at the comments. One said DY is not John Doe, he should tell his family what is happening.  It is true - DY needs to stop suffering in silence- this was the reason the resentments started building between him and DJ

Comment translated by https://netizenkore.blogspot.com/2020/10/naver-tv-18-again-episode-12-comments.html

Screenshot%2B2020-10-28%2Bat%2B12.34.41.
Screenshot%2B2020-10-27%2Bat%2B7.21.17%2
T/N: The comments are referencing Kim Haneul's iconic line in the drama 'Romance' (2002) - "I'm a teacher and you're a student"- which is often parodied like this.

1. [+506][-3] He's a student and I'm a student-parent ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+435][-2] ㅋㅋㅋ I burst out laughing here ㅋㅋㅋㅋ But there might be some people who don't know this iconic line? ㅠ

3. [+334][-3] Lee Dohyun's height, face, body, personality, acting skills and voice are perfect but he's yet to be a millionaire. We'll make sure that happens..... 

4. [+292][-2] Ke...the line from 'Romance'.... Kim Haneul is the only one who could say such a line ㅋㅋㅋ Today's episode was a proper rom-com and it was so nice to see that after all these years, she's still the rom-com queen

5. [+260][-2] She was caught off guard because it was her house ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Screenshot%2B2020-10-28%2Bat%2B12.36.03.

Screenshot%2B2020-10-27%2Bat%2B7.24.50%2

1. [+502][-5] If you see this as the father's perspective, rather than Wooyoung's point of view, it's a very heart-warming scene ㅜㅠ

2. [+420][-5] Now that Siah is drawing the line between Wooyoung as just friends, the only one left is Jiho...❤️ In the Korean version, Siah and Jiho will be together 

3. [+354][-5] Ah so the person who she likes is Jiho then 

4. [+295][-3] Lee Dohyun smiling is making my heart hurt ㅠㅠ He's so handsome ㅠㅠ Look at how happy he is to be friends with Siah, I kinda feel bad ㅠ

5. [+275][-3] It's so cute how both of them are happy that they're good friends ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Screenshot%2B2020-10-28%2Bat%2B12.36.27.

Screenshot%2B2020-10-27%2Bat%2B7.17.56%2

1. [+932][-9] Wooyoung, you have to reveal your identity now. You're not John Doe, why are you hiding your identity as Hong Daeyoung ㅠㅠ .... Just tell Dajung-ie now.... 

2. [+617][-6] The way he held her hands before the kiss is insane ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Lee Dohyun is hella heart-fluttering ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

3. [+586][-7] Sorry to interrupt but you forgot to release the preview... please give us the preview... the preview ㅠㅠㅠㅠ How am I supposed to wait for a week 

4. [+510][-4] I knew Kim Haneul-nim was good at acting but Lee Dohyun's gaze is making me go insane... You can just tell from his gaze that he's confused and on the fence about it all ㅠㅠ

5. [+418][-5] He should've... revealed that he is Daeyoung before he kissed her... Instead of being slapped 
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Ep 12 is so fun. I cant stop laughing to every misunderstanding sequences among them all. Hahaha

Looking how JDJ and SIA conflicted over one same man, the ex husband and the father HDY. But sadly only us viewers and some close to them knew this. Their acting is superb! So it doenst look weird. The love feeling delivered very distinctive to the two in its rightful places. The husband love to his wife, the father love to his daughter. Last time we have father-son moment this time it's reversed. DY succeeded in building a good friendship to the people he loves. One left to solve for him, his current state of being this young, my minds take me to the haraboji that JDJ met in that crosswalk. Could it be him, their fairy godfather who will take DY back to his 30s self. And undo the magic spell? Hmmm... 

I enjoy all of this chronicles of 18 again. But I fear how they're going to deal with the side eye judgement from the people who don't know the truth of this. Especially when JDJ is a popular public figure now and she took all the spotlights at the moment. Even so seeing how brilliant the writer enclosure each previous conflicts, I think I can feel rest assured that there is always a way to turn up the bad situation. I love how they make every characters are clever, decisive and fun. It seems the writer gives chances to all of them to shine. I like how the JBC team watch together JDJ show even the denial director sit back and watches her anxiously. JDJ finally silence the naysayers with a series of her wonderful achivements. It feels so good to see how the director regrets his decision even he's still unable to acknowledge it openly. One of my fave scene from ep 11. Not only that we got YJH's problem, IK's bribery case, school affairs,and more. The drama story enriched with multiple problems and that makes it fun. It scripted neatly. And as how it goes this much fun, time feels so short. We only have 4 eps left (assumed it is 16 eps in total running) I don't want this to be ended soon but I really wanna see how they solve everything in the end. Finger crossed, it would ended beautifully. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3
7 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

1. [+502][-5] If you see this as the father's perspective, rather than Wooyoung's point of view, it's a very heart-warming scene ㅜㅠ

Love this part as well. And their acting makes this much heart warming. A glad dae young that finally his daughter consider him as her best friend. Aww. I love every flashback of these two they throw at us. Such a caring and protective dad, they spent more time together. That SIA keep seeing her dad reflection in WY. That connection is a daughter-father bond. Seriously they manage to do these roles so well. 2 thumbs up! 

8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

2. [+420][-5] Now that Siah is drawing the line between Wooyoung as just friends, the only one left is Jiho...❤️ In the Korean version, Siah and Jiho will be together 

@mademoiselle he needs some last screening approval from DY. Hahaha

3. [+334][-3] Lee Dohyun's height, face, body, personality, acting skills and voice are perfect but he's yet to be a millionaire. We'll make sure that happens..... 

Lol. Such an witty comments. Yeah.. he's a rising star anyway. Looking forward for his next projects. I didn't really pay attention to him when he was in Still 17. But he took my heart away in HDL as the firefly man. Aww.  And here he's even so mesmerizing. Oh my heart couldn't be still. Get a grip oh heart! LOL. 

3. [+586][-7] Sorry to interrupt but you forgot to release the preview... please give us the preview... the preview ㅠㅠㅠㅠ How am I supposed to wait for a week 

Oh right! They won't release it until we're close to Monday again I guess. Oh well!

• Haha 4

Gals, I cannot believe this but I am up to speed. I counted from the time which was Monday night my time I finished eps 12 last night - 48 hours :yee:.

Eps 12 was great....even that kiss at the end. I initially thought I would feel yucky but I do understand the overwhelming feelings that DY has inside him. It must kill him to see the woman he loves being complimented by another man , and  more than that to be told by the competition that he is after his woman. Plus DY knows that DJ regrets the divorce. I have to say this again..DY what are you waiting for? Please just tell your family now and stop creating so much unnecessary misunderstanding.

By the way , I do love those two crazy friends they have - AeRin and Deok Jin. Their scenes are fun - Deok Jin with his cosplay love pursuit and AeRin with her sassy no fear attitude. I laughed my head off when Deok Jin's employee's kept thinking that AeRin was the one he loves. lol! 

I do have to commend Lee Do Hyun's delivery in all the scenes. This may be his 1st lead role but he's carrying the role like a pro. He really captures DY's essence as a dad & husband . From the way he talks to his mannerisms etc. I am so impressed. :hearties:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Preview for ep 13

Rough translations

DJ: Right. When I meet with him again, I will clearly draw the lines
WY: It's not something that concerns you, so I want to you to not interfere
JH: There's a limit where an adult can tolerate an action from a young kid like you
DJ: To be honest, Woo Young makes my heart flutter. Turns out the crazy woman is me
JH: These days, whenever something happen to me, the first person that I tink about is you, Da Jung-ssi. I want to become a person like that to you too
DY: I can no longer lie to Da Jung
DY: Because I love her

Making scenes of @abs-oluteM favorite part :laugh:

From Kim Ha Neul's IG update, I think they have wrapped up filming for 18 Again. After 8 months of filming, finally it comes to end. T_T They have worked hard

My thoughts for ep 11-12

When I watched the preview for ep 11, I was against the idea of seeing the kiss scene between Woo Young and Da Jung. But then after I watched ep 11, I kind of understood and felt that it's quite okay. That day, Da Jung let the whole world know about her true feelings. She deeply regreted her decision for asking divorce to Dae Young. She thought he has changed so much and she couldn't recognize him anymore. By talking this in the broadcast, inside she might hope that Dae Young would be able to hear what her honest feelings. Even on the day before the court gave the final decision about their divorce, she's still waiting for him to come and who knows mabye, their divorce didn't need to happen. 

Dae Young who have realized his mistakes about lashing out to her while drunk thought that it's his fault and willingly let her go, so that she could be happy. He thought by staying together, they would only bring unhappiness to each other, without knowing that they became distant because they were not honest with each other, especially him. Really making decision out of anger should be avoided.

Dae Young, can you plese come clean to Da Jung and tell her already that you are Woo Young? Your family is missing you more than they thought. Shi Ah keeps remember the moment between you and her when you are acting as Woo Young. Shi Woo, he does miss you even if he doesn't say it out loud. If only you are honest with Shi Woo, you both can bond over basketball and he didn't need to hide his interest in playing basketball professionally will he? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

JTBC cooking up something - set to premiere in 2 hours.

Whay show is this? Not a bts?

How cute he is :wow: they asked him to do aegyo and he keeps refusing and tell he cant. But he did it! Aww. Cutee. Haha

33 minutes ago, LaLa said:

Making scenes of @abs-oluteM favorite part :laugh:

Thanks lala for the trans. And it's a bonus for her!! Who knows that writer will give this scene near the end. When that scene plays it reminds me of you @abs-oluteM . Hahaha

I believe he'll tell her soon but maybe we need to wait cuz the writer might drag it to ep 14. Well. Lets see what's the writer gonna give us later.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hehehe I'm not in a hurry for Woo Young to go back to Dae Young, purely because I want to see more of Lee Do Hyun :P

I still want to see LDH . But I would like to see that DJ knows who he is . 
I am very curious what is needed to turn him back . 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, abs-oluteM said:

I still want to see LDH . But I would like to see that DY knows who he is . 
I am very curious what is needed to turn him back . 

If... if they still follow the 17 Again's ending then it'd be Dae Young needs to make the same decision as he did before... i.e. realising that he'd still make the same decision as he did back then giving up basketball for Da Jung & the twins.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

If... if they still follow the 17 Again's ending then it'd be Dae Young needs to make the same decision as he did before... i.e. realising that he'd still make the same decision as he did back then giving up basketball for Da Jung & the twins.

I didnt watch 17 again? Is it an adaptation??? Heol... how can I didn't know this. Lol. Well nevermind. I am glad watching this one. And among kdrama adaptation whether it's drama, novel or comic based. They may divert the ending but still taking the original content in it. 

• Like 4

@mademoiselle So cute. At 8:59 , the young actress who played DJ  came in & the twins were excited calling her omma .

And LDH still has his dad mode on :laugh:

@LaLa can you translate just from that part (8:58)  if time permits . Thanks

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

@abs-oluteM @mademoiselle they got several questions to each characters. And the ones that were asked to young omma and DY really interesting. They have to choose which one they be like the most like their past or present. I got some gist of it. But I might be wrong. And love how they call her omma too. Hahaha. I hope LDH will have chances to do another project with the actress who play young Da Jung again. They have good chemistry. Anyway most of cast are doing so well here. I enjoy all of their performance. 

go ahead spam more. I have much free time now. Hahaha

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

A cut with Eng sub

Hahaha you are right @abs-oluteM he's still in Appa mode. So Cute.

When it gets to a stage, still young and hot not like 40s or over where they had to play father figures, I'd really like to see my Oppas playing a father in rom-com. Much like 18 Again... I really think it makes them charming in a different outlook. Am I even making sense, LOL

• Heart Eyes 2

Joined late watching this drama but now I am loving it. It's so heartwarming. It reminds me of Go Back Couple but this drama imo is far better. GBC was great but 18Again touches different sides of the family story and is more mature. It includes stories of their grown up children, the male lead reconnecting with his father, career life of the wife, bullying, teacher probs, etc. 

I am in love with LDH!!!! How old is he? Hahaha.

Saw him guested twice this year in RM. He caught my eye then cause he was wittily funny. Am so happy for him. He really worked hard. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

In the strong Tower, I take refuge.

-----------------------------------

So far my top 2020 K-Dramas are 1. Hospital Playlist 2. Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim Season Two 3. CLOY 4. IONTBO

On 10/30/2020 at 10:57 AM, abs-oluteM said:

can you translate just from that part (8:58)  if time permits . Thanks

Rough trans
So before Han So Eun (the actress who play young Da Jung) came, Lee Do Hyun's question was to choose if Da Jung fell into water, which one will he save? A. Da Jung from 18 years ago (Han So Eun) or B Current Da Jung (Kim Ha Neul)
(note: I'll use the characters name instead of their real name to make it easier to understand)
Caption: The actress who play young Da Jung, Actress Han So Eun!
SW: Mom!
SA: What is this?
Caption: What is happening?
Caption: We don't know what's happening but first let's give her applause
Caption: No wonder there's a suspicious seat (for the first half of the video, there's one empty seat next to Woo Young)
WY: With her being here, aren't you telling me to choose Da Jung from the past?
DY: Where have you been? (speaking formally)
DJ: Sorry?
DY: No I mean, Where were you? (speaking informally)
Caption: Awkward
DY: What were you doing that you just came now? 
DJ: I was at home
SW: We never met before at the shooting place
Caption: It's hard for them to meet because they are from different era
DY: That's right. It's hard for you guys (the twins) to meet when we're filming
SW: Right now we are..
SA: We are inside her womb
DJ: I am curious, you are acting as the mother. And we have our son and daughter over there. What do you think seing your son and daughter who have grown up as a highschooler? Do you think they have grown well? Or? 
DJ: They are definitely bigger than me (maybe she's talking about their height?). (Even though I was the one who gave birth to them) they are pretty and handsome. 
DY: (caption full of confidence) They are pretty and handsome because they took after us
Caption: Now back to the question
(Staff asking the question to Da Jung and Shi Ah tell her how to choose her question)
Caption: The rest of casts predicts Dae Young will choose A
DY: They all choose A *sigh*
JS: She's beside him
YS: That's right. She's beside him
SA: It's because of young Da Jung exist that we are here
DJ: If I were gone, that's means the children wouldn't be born
WY: That's true but because of the older Da Jung you guys have grown well like this
SA: Well that's also true but
JS: Oh?! Senior Actress Kim Ha Neul is here. Hello (he lied)
(Shi Woo and Bo Bae got fooled by Ja Sung and Young Seon)
SW: It's not about the actress between Han So Eun or Kim Ha Neul, but the younger Da Jung or the older Da Jung. We hope you (viewers and Dae Young) won't misunderstood
DY: Well if that so I will choose A. I have to save the young Da Jung. Like Ja Sung said before, because of young Da Jung I have the twins and the older Da Jung has bigger presence in the drama. 
Question to Da Jung
What if you got the chance to go back to 18 years ago when Dae Young was confessing his love to you at the basketball court. What will you choose?
A. There's nothing change. The ball got in and she will choose the hardships and after a long struggle become an announcer
B. Will do anything to block the ball from getting in. I will choose my own path and become the best announcer
SW: Whoa I'm really curious about this
Caption: The friends predictions? 
Shi Ah and Bo Bae choose A while the others choose B
YS: I choose B because she had to endure lots of hardship
DY: That's why I also chose B. I'm feeling sorry towards Da Jung. I hope she will reach her dreams. For the person that I love, I'll help her to achieve her dreams
DY: Is my answer too boring? That's what are you thinking and made you laugh, right?
DJ: Why is your reasoning too long?
DY: I'm always serious. It's because I danced weirdly that I made the viewers think that it's weird. I'm really serious
Caption: Alright, we got it. Let's put a serious BGM
Caption: Everyone is curious about Da Jung's choice
DJ: Of course I will choose B. It's because should I really choose the same choice when I got the chance to go back to the past? I have to go through the hardship, we fought, I was kicked out from the house, we can't pay the rent for the house. Should I really...
JS: Let's just say she didn't put her feelings into her answer
SW: But mom, how about us? 
SA: What about us?
DJ: Ah right! What should I do? I didn't think about that
DY: What about me? 
DJ: It doesn't matter
DY: What do you mean?! Haa I don't know that Da Jung has this kind of personality
SW: We all chose B
SA: Noo, I chose A
DJ: But you guys can meet a better parents than me
SA: Ah well that's possible too
DY: What do you mean they can meet better parents than us?!
DJ: Why are you getting angry?
YS: Okay, cut! Next questions
Caption: Couple fight isn't allowed in here
DY: Give us next question! Next questions!! I will save Actress Kim Ha Neul instead
SW: Mom, Dad stop fighting
DY: Okay questions part 1 finished!

38 minutes ago, -StrongTower- said:

I am in love with LDH!!!! How old is he? Hahaha

If I remember correctly he is 25 y.o (26 by Korean Age)

One of the reasons you get the same feeling from Go Back Couple drama, maybe because of the director. He also directed Go Back Couple when he's in KBS :) The writers are different. 

New making scenes

Edited by LaLa
  • Thanks 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

8 minutes ago, LaLa said:

If I remember correctly he is 25 y.o (26 by Korean Age)

One of the reasons you get the same feeling from Go Back Couple drama, maybe because of the director. He also directed Go Back Couple when he's in KBS :) The writers are different. 

Oh wow! Really? What's funny is that I posted a similar comment in DDSSLLS thread that the drama reminded me of Shopping King Louie and someone said the similar thing of those dramas having the same PD as well.  Haha

Well, speaking of LDH age, hmm. He wont mind a noona right? Hhaha. Just kidding.

Our age is not too big of a difference anyway. Hahahahha. *slaps my face to return to reality.

Let's go 18Again!!!

• Haha 5

In the strong Tower, I take refuge.

-----------------------------------

So far my top 2020 K-Dramas are 1. Hospital Playlist 2. Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim Season Two 3. CLOY 4. IONTBO

24 minutes ago, -StrongTower- said:

Well, speaking of LDH age, hmm. He wont mind a noona right? Hhaha. Just kidding.

Our age is not too big of a difference anyway. Hahahahha. *slaps my face to return to reality.

All actors who are handsome are oppas ...take it from Ji Sung 

e7fd233958df6feff84f2fa66189d83f6c885959

36 minutes ago, LaLa said:

DJ: But you guys can meet a better parents than me
SA: Ah well that's possible too
DY: What do you mean they can meet better parents than us?!
DJ: Why are you getting angry?

Thanks so much @LaLa. So cute that they are bickering like they are married.  They actually have good chemistry...I hope we see some more flashbacks of them like the ones @mademoiselle posted .  

Actually there was quite a bit of buzz for this making video. The articles especially highlighted young omma's guest appearance for the vid

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20201030

Article from Herald Pop which I used papago to translate

Spoiler

Among them, additional supplementary learning making videos have been released thanks to the passionate love poured into Serim High School's after-school special activities. The making video shows Lee Do-hyun (playing Ko Woo-young), Noh Jung-ui (playing Hong Si-woo), Ryeo-woon (playing Hong Si-woo), Hwang In-yeop (playing Koo Ja-sung) , Oh So-hyun (playing Jeon Bo-bae), and Ryu Da-bin (playing Hwang Young-sun) who pour out honey chemistry and frank talks in the first period of the drama, automatically ascending the clown.

Han So-eun, who plays the role of Da-jeong, is also drawing attention as a special guest. In particular, when Han So-eun said she would choose her dream of becoming the youngest announcer over Hong Dae-young if she goes back to the past, a couple fight broke out between Lee Do-hyun and Han So-eun, who were saddened, and burst into laughter. Moreover, the images of those who refute each other's words make people feel the atmosphere of the scene full of laughter and make them look forward to the next second period.

At the same time, behind-the-scenes steel for supplementary learning will be released to steal attention. The unveiled still contains Lee Do-hyun's cute visual, which presents a "biting heart" at his friends' request to see him act cute, making his mouth twitching. At the same time, the confrontation between Lee Do-hyun, Ryeo-woon, Hwang In-yeop and Serim Girls Noh Jung-eun, Oh So-hyun, and Ryu Da-bin, who are drunk in a masculine atmosphere, stimulates curiosity . Above all, the seven visual chemistry gathered together with the words "Serim High School's supplementary learning" is admired and keeps one's eyes on them.

The images of Lee Do-hyun, Noh Jung-eun, Ryeo-woon, Hwang In-yeop, Oh So-hyun, Ryu Da-bin, and Han So-eun, who are showing great chemistry, are raising expectations for the stories they will draw in the second period of supplementary learning as well as videos.

The production team of "18 Again" said, "Thank you for giving the making film as much love as the original.Thanks to fans who are looking forward to and waiting for what scenes will be made every week, they are also speeding up their work in the second half of the main film.We look forward to your continued interest in the film and making film.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3