Day of the game. WY as we know was not there . Shi Ho gave a quick pep talk. He knows one of his friends didn't have his dad there. He also mentioned that his father wasn't as he look out to the seats but he rallied them to give their best. Then they played so well.  But what made me so touched was the winning point that Shi Ho made. His hand gesture after that was exactly like DY . And I am so glad that the DY and DJ were there to watch the game.

Finally this jealous YM redeemed herself . She exposed online the dirty PD who filmed her upskirt. She anonymously posted how DJ had caught the PD red-handed but got fired just because she did this .So this is justice for DJ. The station got many calls from people after that. Looks like DJ may be able to get her job back

Spoiler

The father & son bonded over a game of basket ball and chatted after that. SH told him how when he was at his lowest & when he needed a friend the most there was his friend WY. Then DY says from now on in place of WY, can I be your friend. SH was surprised but happily agreed.

Then DY & DJ had got VIP seats to see JH play his game. They met the niece. His team won.Then later DY met with JH and they shooked hands. DY says I am a fan. JH thanked him. JH also stop calling himself dad to his niece, and called himself uncle instead.

Spoiler

ahahaah this love line sailed. WY did clear the air with teacher saying that Deok Jin wasn't his real dad but just adopt him since his dad wasn't around

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

This was after a couple of years after they graduate. So they have high school reunion . JS still holds a torch for Shi Ah but Shi Ah and Ji Ho still going strong. Shi Ho is also dating. His girlfriend was jealous about some of his fans , and he was trying to assure her . The rest of the gang miss WY and wonder how he is. Ji Ho secretly smile knowing that ahjussi is fine...looks like SA and SH never finds out that WY was DY

Spoiler

So he proposed . was so sweet. Did at the basketball court - he made a shot that if it went in they should marry. It went in. Then he tells her he wanted her to have wedding she never had. And gave her the ring

Wedding scene!

TRULY A BEAUTIFUL HAPPY ENDING.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

I watched the raw already. Not live because couldn’t find any working stream. I just couldn’t wait for subs because I will be out most of the day too tomorrow. Better get it out of the way first and catch up with the subs later. There is one thing that bugs me, probably everyone too, but I will wait for subs before commenting. Anyway, I find myself watching the whole finale episode grinning from ear to ear,  with tears at times welling in my eyes. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@abs-oluteM I just finished watching the end. Perfect Ending . I wished I had started watching it from the beginning but couldn't find a place to watch it.  

Spoiler

They showed us it was TRUE LOVE 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29cf35bd14725d30ec2a

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

1 hour ago, UnniSara said:

@abs-oluteM I just finished watching the end. Perfect Ending . I wished I had started watching it from the beginning but couldn't find a place to watch it

Glad you caught it . I was rather late to the party too but was so happy I gave this drama a chance . One of the best in 2020 for me. 

I am just rewatching some of the flashback scenes. Emotional mess just seeing these again

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Did you already finish the whole thing @UnniSara? *o*

You should have come in here to post something. Glad to know you like it.

16 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

There is one thing that bugs me, probably everyone too, but I will wait for subs before commenting. Anyway, I find myself watching the whole finale episode grinning from ear to ear,  with tears at times welling in my eyes. 

Let me guess, how Woo Young turns back into Dae Young is too abrupt. I haven't seen it with subs but not in a hurry now since I know how it ends, and NO SUIT UP Lee Do Hyun!!! So little of Do Hyun too. I wasn't ready to let him go and definitely didn't anticipate there will so little of him in the finale.

original-21.gif

The editing to me in the finale is less than satisfactory.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Did you already finish the whole thing

I sure did @mademoiselle  I binge watched it on the weekend. 

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Episode 16 Finale

Ok. I've watched the finale with sub. It's such a good "feel-good" and positive drama! :duckhearts:

It really wraps up everything nicely in a big pretty bow. I like the narration at the end, having all of our beloved pairings walking hand in hand together. The message that the drama wants to convey is crystal clear.

Now that I rewatch on a bigger screen I see it clearer that it isn't as abrupt as I thought when Woo Young changes back to Dae Young. It was clear on Da Jung's expression when she realises he had changed. But then again, I guess I was expecting the show to still give me maybe at least 50% of Lee Do Hyun before he turns back into Yoon Sang Hyun. :letalQQ:

@abs-oluteM We really need to pitch this more to the others. How can they pass up on this beautiful show and miss out on the gem that is Lee Do Hyun??!!! ANDWAE!!

--

Now on to some more BEAUUUUUTIFUL photos! I will miss Woo Young/LDH. Luckily he'll be back on Netflix!

ywbjU0d.jpg

yqgjd4q.jpg

RVEMiZp.jpg

Spoiler

• Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Let me guess, how Woo Young turns back into Dae Young is too abrupt. I haven't seen it with subs but not in a hurry now since I know how it ends, and NO SUIT UP Lee Do Hyun!!! So little of Do Hyun too. I wasn't ready to let him go and definitely didn't anticipate there will so little of him in the finale.

Haha, yes... that part. It wasn't the abruptness, but more like the why there and then. So I went to watch the original version 17 Again. It's the same spot where he gave the assurance that their baby is important and he chose that. Therefore, this is the same spot to make that important choice to stay young, or go back to older age. The difference is, in the movie, the corridor was very dimmed and when he was speaking, we don't see the younger him (scene change), but he has actually transformed to the older version as he was running there. Whereas in the drama, we see a younger DY first, then suddenly it's the old DY, which sent me thinking whyyyy.... I now understand that it is because he has made up his mind so firmly about the choice he wanted. 

Oops, I'm so sorry my prediction was wrong in that we don't see WY at the wedding scene. I kept hoping they will transition to him in suit and young DJ in wedding dress when taking pictures, or even when walking up the aisle, just for seconds. But didn't get that. Which I am totally fine about, because I am a fan of YSH too, so being able to see more of him is okay with me. But yeah, I do miss seeing WY. But, LDH has shone so well as young DY in the earlier episodes that I'm okay to see more of the older version of DY. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

23 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Therefore, this is the same spot to make that important choice to stay young, or go back to older age. The difference is, in the movie, the corridor was very dimmed and when he was speaking, we don't see the younger him (scene change), but he has actually transformed to the older version as he was running there. Whereas in the drama, we see a younger DY first, then suddenly it's the old DY, which sent me thinking whyyyy.... I now understand that it is because he has made up his mind so firmly about the choice he wanted. 

I liked the movie version better for this part. I thought it was meaningful that he was in the same exact situation as he did before, and again, he chose to give up on basketball and chase after her. And the transitioning is done way better in the movie as well that he was changing as he runs along the corridor and meet the wife again in his real self but still wearing the basketball uniform. The drama version, if I didn't pay attention enough, I'd have missed Da Jung's reaction because it was quick and I'd have thought the transitioning was what they had always used to do - showing us Do Hyun first then Sang Hyun takes over for a while.

I wasn't used to seeing Sang Hyun's Dae Young being with Da Jung after getting used to Woo Young with Da Jung. :laugh:I think the wedding scene, there is no place for LDH to appear. It'd make it awkward. I do like the ending scene at the park - we see him with young Da Jung, then their old selves, their kids and their partners. That was nice. I just wish I had more scenes of LDH, it's never enough when you are at the moment liking that character a lot (look at me with Brahms!!!).

Haven't been able to watch anything re:18 Again or BTS from YouTube. I know there are clips out for the wrap up etc but haven't seen it. And happen to find a cut of LDH's wrap up greetings (with C-subs) that I can actually access. You, JenL and I would be able to watch this too!

Original Video (that I can't see)...

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 2

2020.11.10 Kim Ha Neul, Yoon Sang Hyun, Lee Do Hyun, And More Bid Farewell To “18 Again” With Closing Remarks

Kim-Ha-Neul.jpg

The cast of JTBC’s “18 Again” shared their closing remarks following the conclusion of the drama!

“18 Again” is about a man on the brink of divorce who suddenly finds himself back in the body of his 18-year-old self. Lee Do Hyun plays the teenage version of the protagonist who goes by the name Go Woo Young, while Yoon Sang Hyun plays the older version named Hong Dae Young. Kim Ha Neul plays his wife Jung Da Jung.

Kim Ha Neul shared, “I was really happy to spend eight months as Da Jung within a heartwarming drama. I’ve grown affectionate of the great staff and actors, and I’m saddened because I made a lot of fun memories, but it’ll remain a very meaningful project to me.” She added, “Da Jung is a character who lives earnestly while not giving up her dream of becoming a reporter even after giving birth at a young age. Since I’ve shown various sides of me such as dancing, reporting, and action, I think the viewers and I will remember her as a fun character for a long time. Thank you sincerely to the viewers who loved ’18 Again,’ and I hope viewers remember this as a heartwarming drama for a long time.”

Spoiler

Yoon-Sang-Hyun.jpg

Yoon Sang Hyun commented, “Thank you to all the viewers who laughed and cried with the drama ’18 Again.’ Thank you very much for loving Hong Dae Young. Numerous actors and staff members worked hard from spring to winter for over half a year for our project. This has become a meaningful project to me in many aspects.” He continued, “I hope this drama becomes one that viewers remember for a long time like how it has a special meaning to me. The days are gradually getting colder, so please take care of your health, and although these are difficult times, I hope viewers can spend a warm end of the year with family.”

Spoiler

lee-do-hyun.-.jpg

Lee Do Hyun shared, “I hope viewers can live happily while rethinking their love for family or things they’ve forgotten while living life. This was an opportunity for me to think about my affection for my family once again as well. While doing this project, I called my mother first, and I also hugged my father.”

Spoiler

Kim-Yoo-Ri.jpg

Kim Yoo Ri commented, “I’m really grateful to the viewers who have loved ’18 Again’ until now, and thank you for loving Hye In. So many people worked hard for our project, and I think a great project was made. I hope viewers felt that the drama was therapeutic until the end.” Kim Yoo Ri added her hopes for viewers to stay healthy for the remainder of 2020 as well.

Spoiler

Wi-Ha-Joon.jpg

Wi Ha Joon revealed, “We filmed ’18 Again’ for a long time, and although it’s bittersweet, it was a project I could learn a lot from acting wise. The script was really great, and Ye Ji Hoon was a charming character. I think many viewers loved the character because the director depicted him so well.” The actor added his gratitude for the actors, staff, and viewers while explaining that the drama will be a memorable project that will help him in his next.

Spoiler

kim-mi-kyung1.jpg

Kim Mi Kyung shared, “It was a heartwarming and refreshing story that made us rethink the importance of our family and surroundings that we’ve become indifferent to because of their familiarity. Rather than a contrived depiction, I tried to approach it from the perspective of a mother who actually has a daughter.” She revealed her gratitude to the viewers and added, “Following the 2011 film ‘Blind,’ this was my second time meeting Kim Ha Neul as mother and daughter. In the meantime, she has grown much more mature. We were able to act comfortably as mother and daughter without any reserves.”

Spoiler

Lee-Mi-Do.jpg

Lee Mi Do shared, “We wrapped up a long filming period of almost nine months. I personally thought it was even better that it was a drama that made us think about family. I’m grateful because I feel as if I’ve earned a lot of things while doing this drama, and I had a happy time by meeting ’18 Again.'”

Spoiler

ryeo-woon1.jpg

Ryeo Woon revealed, “It was always so much fun coming to the set while filming. The senior actors treated me so well, and it was a set with a lot of friends my age, so the long time period felt as if it passed by very quickly.” He also thanked the director, scriptwriters, staff, and viewers and added, “I think this will remain as a precious memory.”

Spoiler

Kim-Yoon-Hye.jpg

Kim Yoon Hye commented, “It was really enjoyable and made me happy to act as the spiteful but realistic Yoo Mi. It felt different to act as the profession of a reporter, and it was a project I learned a lot from.” She asked viewers to anticipate her future roles and expressed her bittersweet farewell to her fellow cast and staff members.

Spoiler

Bomin.jpg

Golden Child’s Bomin shared that he was happy to be able to act as Seo Ji Ho. He explained, “Although I still have much to learn, I was able to act because of a great director who perfected the character of Seo Ji Ho, and I was able to wrap up the drama well thanks to the great senior actors, coworkers, and staff members.” He added, “Thank you to all the viewers of ’18 Again’ who loved and supported Bomin and Seo Ji Ho. I’ll return with a great project and even better acting in the future.”

Spoiler

Yang-Dae-Hyuk.jpg

Yang Dae Hyuk commented, “I was really happy to be able to show a new side of me through ’18 Again.'” He continued to thank the director and scriptwriters for creating a great character. He also thanked the senior actors and staff members since he was able to learn a lot and grow from the experience. Finally, he shared, “Thank you sincerely to all the viewers who remembered and loved Nam Ki Tae. It was an opportunity to mature to the next level as an actor while attempting a new character.”

Spoiler

han-so-eun1.jpg

Han So Eun also thanked the viewers for supporting and loving the young Jung Da Jung, and she thanked all the people who worked hard to make “18 Again” a great project, especially the director and scriptwriters. She added, “Through Da Jung, I learned how commendable parents are for being brave and living earnestly despite difficulties. ’18 Again’ is a project that made me more mature in many aspects.”

Spoiler

Go-Eun-Min.jpg

Finally, Go Eun Min shared, “It was a time I could learn a lot and mature. It was my first time acting with actors my age, so I was always looking forward to filming days, and it was always enjoyable.” She thanked the directors and fellow actors, adding that the project will remain in her memories for a long time.

“18 Again” aired its final episode on November 10.

Source (1) via Soompi

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:
2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I liked the movie version better for this part. I thought it was meaningful that he was in the same exact situation as he did before, and again, he chose to give up on basketball and chase after her. And the transitioning is done way better in the movie as well that he was changing as he runs along the corridor and meet the wife again in his real self but still wearing the basketball uniform. The drama version, if I didn't pay attention enough, I'd have missed Da Jung's reaction because it was quick and I'd have thought the transitioning was what they had always used to do - showing us Do Hyun first then Sang Hyun takes over for a while.

I agree with you. The movie version does it better for this part. But I guess in the drama, he has to say goodbye to his son cum teammate properly, so he can’t really be in the game, and risk ruining the morale of the team to win the game. And it also wasn’t the first time DaJung realized it was really him all along.

I guess the way I would do it is for DaJung to walk into the stadium, surprised to see WooYoung not in the game but in the audience, then left in disappointment or anger, WY chased her to tell/assure her of his choice and transformation happened during this time. Maybe while chasing her at the bridge, we hear WooYoung’s voice calling out her name, then change voice of DaeYoung to say “saranghae” as scene pans to the older version of him. Then he explained those feelings as we saw in the finale. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Yeeeeeyyyyy!!! Just finished the drama! I love how they wrapped up the story and the OST resonating in the last scenes, huhuhu. I will miss this absolutely great drama!

I like how I expected Daeyong's negative involvement in the car accident turned out to be wrong. Also the supposedly "video scandal" of Da Jung. Kudos to the writer who just gave us beautiful & heart-warming scenes in the last two episodes.

I just wished that they also got a shot of the "younger version" of the couple walking down the aisle. But other than that, I am fully satisfied with how the the last episode went. Best finale they could have for the drama.

Thanks, 18 Again!

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

In the strong Tower, I take refuge.

-----------------------------------

So far my top 2020 K-Dramas are 1. Hospital Playlist 2. Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim Season Two 3. CLOY 4. IONTBO

Just got the chance to watch the sub for 2 final episodes. A beautifully done drama. The story is light and simple but has a very meaningful lesson of life. 

At first I thought the change/transition from Dae Young's younger body to his original body was too abrupt and made no sense. I was waiting for a grand or some impactful scenes that made him got back his own body. But after replaying those clips for several times and watch the sub version, I finally I understood. It's his realization and choice of his path of life that lead him to get back is own body.

That night, he was full with regret while shooting the ball. He just lost the chance for promotion, got fired and there's an impending divorced with unknown reasons. He thought that his life has failed and wished he could turn back time, to the time of his glorious day. While he did enjoy his younger appearance for a short time, he couldn't just ignore his children whom he loves and cares for 18 years. The same goes with Da Jung. Misunderstanding and keeping secrets from each other only made their relationship become strained. Deep inside he knew he did make a good choice, but as a normal human, during his weakness and tired moment, the 'what if' thoughts and regrets made him questioning his choice, whether it's right or not. 

I'm happy with the finale. Good plots and great casts who portrayed their characters so well. Big applause to Lee Do Hyun for his first lead role and doing a really well done job acting as an older man in teenager body. This drama made me laugh and cry for the last 2 months. It even made me anticipate Monday (the horror!) because I can't wait for the new episodes. Great job to all staffs and actors who filmed this drama for about 8 to 9 months of filming. It must be hard to film the drama with this bad situation. Their period of shooting time might compete with weekend drama LOL. 

Thanks @mademoiselle for opening and keeping the thread alive. I'm sorry for not being an active poster even though it's due to @Alice Wonderland and me that you open the thread. :P I'm happy to see that this thread become livelier due to our success in selling the drama to people LOL.

And @Alice Wonderland hope you will catch up with the finale soon ;)

@abs-oluteM @im0202 Thanks for buying my sales when I promoted this drama. Glad that you enjoy this drama as much as I do :) 

@ktcjdrama @-StrongTower- @UnniSara Happy to see you in this thread and enjoying the drama. :)

:duckhearts::smile::hearties:

• Heart Eyes 5
  • Party! 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

@mademoiselle Thanks for that video!! :heart: Definitely the first video I'll check out once I finish this drama. I love Behind the Scenes and stuff like extra scenes ...sometimes even more than I love the actual dramas :laugh:

I'm still on episode 4, so haven't joined in on this thread properly because I can't deal with spoilers :lettalKWA: Even though I think it's obvious that in this genre, he'll turn back to his age etc (Don't correct me if I'm wrong though and there's a huge twist) :laugh: I still want to watch it without knowing ahead as I tend to get bored if I know what's going to happen. Surpriseeee meeeee, drama :BulbaOWO:

Anyway, hoping to get at least 3 more episodes ahead tonight since I have nothing on :CharmanderOK:

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Episode 4

-Ughhh, DJ's friend liking DY too was weird...and it's weird that she now like WY, but looks down on him when he's the older version of himself. Haha, people are so shallow!

-Man those bosses were so gross, but glad DJ could take care of herself by mixing them endless drinks :laugh:Also the hindsight and intelligence of age - when you're a younger woman, you just put up with that behaviour, when you're older you have strategies!

-Oh man, I just realised today that the bully in this series is the second lead in True Beauty! Hoping he is not as bad as he seems so far...it looks like he has an abusive/ cold father and might like Sia? Haha this is a very popular mother and daughter duo

-Poor Sia's childhood friend is so confused about WY's behaviour....when he's just being her dad :laugh:

-I really like seeing WY's flashbacks as a young dad and all the times he suffered for his kids! :BulbaOWO:

-I'm not a fan of DJ or DY's friends though. They're probably meant to be there for comedy, but not actually finding them that funny, just cringe. The way DY's friend goes after that teacher and the way DJ's friend is trying to hit on WY doesn't make me laugh - I prefer watching the misunderstandings that DY has as an old man in a young man's body. He's the truly funny character! :MewHi:

-So sad that DJ and kids don't think DY was there for them. I feel like a lot of men have this problem - things get hard, they just get complacent and don't show their affections to their families. Then the families feel hurt...it's sad! 

-This series is good for looking at ageism - for both women and men. DJ gets openly discriminated against, but so does DY when he's lost his looks and is considered 'unsuccessful.' :PiplupCry:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Episode 5

-Hahaha so inappropriate for a teacher to talk to students about their first love! :poliWeird:

-Laughed so hard when WY yells "WHAT???" when Sia explains to her friend that her mother said her father was not her first love :laugh:

-Wow the teacher is such a bad character - here I was thinking he was a redeemed bad boy from youth, but doesn't look like he's improved even though he seemed nice the first couple of episodes

-DY was so embarrassing and hurtful to his wife at that school reunion :letalQQ: At first I thought DJ was in part looking down on him, but I totally understand why she'd want a divorce after that display!

-Ugh, the young anchor girl is soooooooo annoying. I just want to smack her :KittyGun:

-Just how big a deal is it to get a divorce in Korea? I don't see how this would be relevant to DJ if she was doing her job well, though I guess since her job is public facing, there's always going to be judgements.

- One thing I've learnt about Korea from watching Asian dramas: Korea is full of CEOs and Stalkers :laugh: They're in every drama! 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2