2 minutes ago, -StrongTower- said:

Is this drama based on a manga or any other reference? 

18 again is rocking it. I wonder who the daughter will end up with. Hahaha. Just missing school romance. Haha

It is based on US Film "17 Again"

Shi Ah is forever Dae Young's. Hahahahahaha.

Ok ok, for me she will be Ji Ho's. :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Eps 4 - so poignant because it focused on the relationship between father & daughter.  While Shi Ah may think her father was never there for her, the flashback snippets somehow tell a different story. The reason for Shi Ah's confidence , for e.g in the way she has no fear even in dealing with the bully , has a lot to do with DY's touch in her life. And I particularly love the flashback scenes of DY's moments with SA including the one where he took Ji Ho to the zoo. Clearly DY had a greater positive impact on those around him than his family gives him credit for

I was really quite irked by the things going on at Da Jung's new workplace. So much discrimination. But I do love how Da Jung handles herself - her wisdom comes from age and life's experiences . It is no wonder Mr baseball is enamored . Quiet confidence and kindness are shining qualities that can trump youthful beauty . I do like Ji Hoon and I can see that he's charming and a real decent bloke. While I cannot say I have SLS as I  still root for DY and DJ 's reconciliation, Ji Hoon will give DY a run for his money. The other suitor - the PE teacher - I don't like so much. Gives me bad vibes - he may appear kind etc but the way he called Ja Sung's father & arm twisted the latter is a sign of someone who is a user.

Both Dae Young & Da Jung may not realise this but for two kids themselves who had to grow up fast to raise the twins , they did a very good job. Despite the teenage angst, the twins are actually quite grounded and just need to realise that their parents never regretted having them despite it being an accidental pregnancy.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

18 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle @ktcjdrama @LaLa @Alice Wonderland thanks for calling me many times to watch this.  Just got off episode 1 . I laughed and cried - it was good.  The scene that sealed the deal was when he discovered his son was being bullied and he confronted the bullies. Of course not forgetting to mention that ending when their babies heartbeat came back miraculously . So touching.

Okay...let me watch one more tonight :D

Oh you know it took me several days to move on and stop rewatcning that part. Lol

When he catches the ball with his hands straight ahead and when he scolds Ja sung. Aww... his anger expression can hide his handsome face and it makes him even cooler. Oteokhaeee... yaaaa. Hahaha

The story goes pretty solid and good from episode to the other episodes. Yes. It feels.like GBC but here I don't need to suffer sls. From the first ep I am rooting on DY back with his family.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

I just finished Ep 1! Gonna continue on to next episode but some quick thoughts:

Stand out moments for me were two scenes - the part where DY became 18 again and bumped into his daughter at the convenience store and when the Avengers theme played when he was fighting his friend at the house.

Very impressed with LDH's acting just in ep 1 alone. His ahjussi mannerisms are on point so far and I think he really studied the way YSH acts and speaks!

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2
25 minutes ago, im0202 said:

ery impressed with LDH's acting just in ep 1 alone. His ahjussi mannerisms are on point so far and I think he really studied the way YSH acts and speaks!

Completely agree. It is like they have similar mannerisms, well done to LDH. 

-------------------

@mademoiselle @ktcjdrama @LaLa @Alice Wonderland I am so hooked , I have already finished eps 5. 

Let's just say that court scene for the divorce proceedings really broke my heart. Cried a river for them, for their kids .But maybe this period of separation may be what is needed for them to find themselves and each other again.

Just a note about DY's dad. Clearly DY's decision to keep the twins meant that he could not have pursued his basketball career which also meant that he could not give his dad a better life. I felt that pain in DY's expression when he followed dad around after the latter met the twins. It warms my heart that despite the father  objecting & so called disowning DY during that time when DY moved out , he clearly loves the grandkids and they are close.

One of the things I love so much is when Lee Do Hyun's Dae Young gets angry and he starts yelling like a dad would. I know the kids are so confused , lol! I dunno if Da Jung finds it weird or not that she keeps bumping into her son's friend everywhere. :smug: And , oh the coach  - as I had sensed he is such a scum and that was clearly shown in this episode. Also the side romance between the pretty teacher and bestie Deok Jin is cracking me up :D

• Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

:SquirtleWonderfull: I'm soooo happy to see more of you picking this up. It's hard not to fall for Do Hyun after watching the below scene. @abs-oluteM It's one of my favourites. I really love seeing Lee Do Hyun with his little twins.  Young Daddy is so heartwarming, sweet and caring for his children. :heart:

img.gif

source: Moonsol1

P.S. @abs-oluteM Prepare tissues for ep8. I feel like you're going to binge really quick hahaha.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 3

@mademoiselle I LOVE that scene so much . It was beautiful . A father's love for his kids. And it paralleled  nicely with the present when he bought the umbrellas for the twins. I am teary eyed just recalling these moments.

- I will be back - eps 6 now.  Somehow this week because of the lock down, I have found some time to binge

• Heart Eyes 3

10 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

P.S. @abs-oluteM Prepare tissues for ep8. I feel like you're going to binge really quick hahaha.

I second this. Ep.8 is where I nearly bawled out loud... Don’t watch it before going to sleep (may have stuffy nose difficult to breathe) or before going on a meeting (may have swollen eyes) hahahaaa

• Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@abs-oluteM you're fast! LOL. But i am amazed at the speed of your watching. Respect. Hahaha

Ikr the drama completely bought me with all their good qualities, storyline,acting and all blessed with handsome and pretty people. Hahaha.

I cried a lot for those moment they separated or how they learn about each other through the separation. They realized how important something when they lose it.

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

eps 6 .....the ending was shocking since I didn't expect AeRin to find out so soon. But I was just cracking up here. 

mtOOeyk.png

Gosh how does this drama do it. I am laughing and crying every episode. But I was particularly moved by the scenes involving DY's father. Like father & son - they both seem to have a temper but actually love & do a lot for their families.  I am waiting to see the reconciliation of the father & son.  

It was no surprise that the shoes actually came from DY as revealed at the end. Now that he has time to reflect, he realises that all DJ needed to make her smile were just the simple things from cleaning up to buying her favourite snack. Also I  think that in many marriages , it is easy to start taking your spouse for granted over time. Things which didn't matter , to which you think you would be able to overlook in the early giddy days when you just start off , often become the very things that will annoy you about that person. 

Interesting that Mr Baseball also has his own secrets. Wasn't expecting him to have a daughter that has been hidden from public knowledge. Perhaps that is one reason why he is quite an empathetic person . But curious about the mother of the child. She seemed to have married someone else?

Anyhow , can I put this here...for team Ji Ho . I know they are aiming to set a triangle with Ja Sung...but i like this good boy

T3rHeF0.png

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@im0202 @abs-oluteM You're welcome :) I'm glad you like the drama and join us in here while the drama is still airing. We still have 4 episodes left until the finale. Enjoy your binge watching. Prepare some tissues and water beside to keep you hydrated. You might have sore throat because laughing too much and in the next few minutes you might need the tissues after you sniff and try to hold back your tears for the unexpected scenes. 

You don't know how happy I am that this thread is moving fast for the last 2 days :SquirtleWonderfull:

@mademoiselle the kiss and slap in the movie happened this week. I don't know if I want to watch the movie because I like this version better LOL

I haven't caught up with the full episode for ep 11 and 12, but did Ja Sung go missing after his failed confession? He's not disappearing out of the scene like Il Kwon, is he? I hope not. :( Will share some thoughts later after I watch the full episodes.

• Heart Eyes 3

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

I really cannot believe there are only 4 episodes left! So far so good! I hope the story stayed strong and good to the end. Obviously I know it'll be a happy ending!

@LaLa Yes I saw some cuts last night although I don't quite know why he did it. Will have to wait till after work to find out. 

I like both the movie and the drama. The movie did well for what it can within the timeframe it allows. Shi Ah and Maggie (his daughter's name in the movie) are two completely different kind so it was really fun seeing his reactions. And the part where he read the letter at the court in the movie, it was very touching. 

Not sure about Ja Sung actually. I think he should still be around, just not as much screen time as before unless they are going to end the show with basketball games - maybe old Dae Young and Da Jung attending Shi Woo's games together, something like that. 

• Heart Eyes 2

We need more Ji Ho and Shi Ah's developing to love-love moment. These two haven't progressed much. With 4 episodes left, I no longer want and think there are enough time to have Shi Ah fall for Woo Young, get rejected and rebounded to Ji Ho. Ji Ho is too good to be a rebound, regardless it may not truly to be a rebound since they have many years before them in building up their "relationship".

Little Shi Ah and Ji Ho are the replica of Dae Young and Da Jung for me, so I really don't want this crush on Woo Young to happen for the next 2 weeks to taint these kiddies' loveline.

• Heart Eyes 2

Eps 8 - was probably the best so far , and also the one that turned on the water works. There were so many scenes that moved me including DJ finding out that DY had gone for another tryout, made it and only later have to turn it down so that he could make some extra money for Shi Woo's treatment.  But no doubt the one where I bawled was this ...

JLB6yTu.pngvd5QyM8.png

As  a parent , you instinctively know that is your child. So it was believeable that dad knew it was DY seeing him play.  But I wonder though if DJ has any inkling whatsoever that Woo Young is DaeYoung? I think part of her already senses it. 

I am not fond of the arc where Shi Ah falls for Woo Young though. I know it can't be help because WY has been so kind to her & he is just awesome cool, but they should really not push this too much because girl is gonna feel weird she fell for her dad when she finds out later on . lol!

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@LaLa @mademoiselle and @abs-oluteM if you don't want to be spoiled. You can read this later once you're done. But last time you reached ep 6 I bet you have come to the current episodes maybe. Haha

Episode 10 to 11,

Ah. That guy is the stalker?! Wow. What a good twist. I never thought it could be him while the clues are quite many pointed to him. Ok. Nice trick. I thought he was spying on DY. 

I feel so satisfied when the whole family give that jerk a group punching. Hahaha. Even the cop is being a fairy godmother for their action. Hahaha. That is justice! Good cops! Hahaha.

Did I miss something? How did DY's know that WY is DY? I thought he called him dad and he seems to recognize him as well since that basketball competition. How did he know? Did he tell him?The competition between the guys to win SIA and JDJ! Poor JS lol. 

Oh hatter dok jin and white queen ok-ssaem. Ok-ssaem look so pretty and DJ looks exactly similar as hatter. I thought he would be an iron man or something. Hahaha
This drama never miss its chance to teach us with some valuable messages. I haven't got married and it gives me some insights for my future marriage life. Haha. And that scene really touched my heart. I teared up. Just like the guest couple hope both JDJ and DY can back together in the end. It's fine the road won't be that smooth but they deserve second chance. Writer nim do you hear us here? Grant us please!

And ommo yaaaaa kisseu.... aw... ok. Will see ep 12. Lol. JDJ will feel what AR felt this time. Lololol. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

@abs-oluteM LOL you're so quick! Yes, that scene got to me the most. A moment only the Father & Son knows and understands because only they can read the sign language.

@Alice Wonderland Dad knows WY is DY because of the sign language. Dae Young's mum teaches sign language. The questioning must have been left off-screen. I mean, how can anyone not ask what happened but rather than repeating it over & over again I think they just took it off screen.

New Yummy Stills

ElZWaJlVcAEgabB?format=jpg&name=900x900

ElZWnNSVkAIAfp8?format=jpg&name=900x900

The slo-mo done to this scene was really nice

ElZWnNIU4AAckCx?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

ElZWaJdU8AEHXd8?format=jpg&name=900x900ElZWaJgVgAEXLwc?format=jpg&name=900x900ElZWaJiUUAAK8er?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Oh I love the stills? I am just about to begin ep 12. Hope the subs is up already.

Ah. If they took that off screen, that what makes me confused. Cuz they did explained to AR before but why not with dad. Hm.. okay. Let it slide. Glad that he have dad as well now.

He looked so desperate to return into his old self and reuniting with DJ and both of their kids but good moments turned to be just his dream. So sad. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

I think I have this major crush on LDH @mademoiselle. Kkkkkkkkkk . I believe I’ll check out his future work. It does feel like he struck gold on this one . Appreciate all the yummy stills . WiJaHoon’s body is better though ..sorry I know this is not the abs club :SquirtleNiceAhah: 

5itb2VX.png

. However as far as drama is concerned, team DY all the way . 

In some ways because I’m back to WFH , so I guess I hv more time to binge 

• Haha 3

@abs-oluteM Uh-Oh! My Brahms Couple is in danger of getting replaced by Lee Do Hyun!!! It's hard not to love Woo Young/Lee Do Hyun. He scored a really nice role here (although I liked his sad character in Hotel Del Luna as well). Didn't you notice him beside Se Jong and Ahn Hyo Seop in Still 17 (30 but 17) or Prison Playbook (playing young Kyung Ho)?

I agree. Wi Ha Joon's body is better shaped, whereas Lee Do Hyun doesn't BUT Wi Ha Joon strangely didn't have the 6 packs. And I find what's funny is that it looks like both of them are trying hard to suck their tummies in for this scene :laugh:

Dropping this gorgeous GIFs by Moonsol

img.gif

Spoiler

img.gif

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2

There are so many LOL moments in ep.12 :laugh: I was literally LOL-ing while watching that my husband had to hush me.

- when DeokJin screamed reading the note that AeRin wrote him after flirting with him. She is a good friend.

- when the three-generation of mother-daughter seated on the sofa, one watching TV about love confession and two are wondering in their own minds about whether the same guy (aka WooYoung) really likes her or not as told by a third party.

- when DaJung fell into the pool and the two knights jumped into the shallow pool to save her.

- when AeRin was pushed onto the stage during DeokJin's confession. Poor guy, third's time is still not a charm, lol

- when this trio saw the kiss and slap, and the shocked face from Teacher Ok.

About the kiss~ I'm quite fine with it because again, the leading speech from DaJung which made WooYoung unable to hold himself back anymore. And because DaJung (naturally) couldn't accept such behaviour and slapped him instead.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I am done with eps 9 and 10 . I will be up to speed since tomorrow is a public holiday. Well 1st off  can I say good riddance to that scum coach. And that crazy stalker , this has to be the best scene ....I loved how the whole family got so angry and the cops covered it up too.

C9REkBH.png

Eps 9 & 10 did not see much plot progression but it did prove that DJ is still in love with DY; it is clear she misses him.  I love every scene with LDH and particularly appreciate the ones of how their relationship develop / came to be in their younger years. However I think it was also good that we saw scenes with YSH as Da Young so that we don't get a disconnect to YSH's potrayal here , especially when I expect DY will go back to his original self later on. Their happy family scenes show that it wasn't all bad when the kids were growing up - when was it that they started drifting apart and takings things for granted?

I cannot blame the others for thinking that WY likes Shi Ah romantically. His actions while to us is clearly one of love & concern of a father for his daughter, the two boys and other kids would of course think of his as a potential suitor.  Does SA sense that WY is like her dad? In fact the question that keeps bugging me is doesn't Da Jung find it strange that WY just always seem to hover around her? lol!

Anyway , I really do want DY to tell his entire family about his current condition. I cannot stand them thinking he does not care when he has been there all along. I suppose it will need the love competition from Mr Baseball for him to take greater action?

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1