Merry_Shai

Hush-Korean_Drama-p1.jpg

English Title: Hush 

Hangul: 허쉬 

Premiere Date: December 11, 2020

Schedule: Friday & Saturday 22:50

Channel - jTBC

- Synopsis -

Han Joon-Hyeok (Hwang Jung Min) is a veteran reporter for a newspaper. He first became a reporter to pursue justice, but he is now conflicted between idealism and pragmatism. Han Joon-Hyeok must also deal with personal issues as a husband and father.

cr. AsianWiki

CAST
Hwang Jung Min And YoonA Gesture To Keep Silent In Posters For “Hush” -  TheNewsTrace

Hwang Jung Min as Han Joon Hyeok

YoonA.jpg?resize=1205%2C1705&ssl=1

Yoona as Lee Ji Soo 

Son Byung Ho as Na Sung Won

Yoo-Sun - AsianWiki

Yoo Sun as Yang Yoon Kyung 

Kim Won Hae – KoreanDrama.blog

Kim Won Hae as Jung Se Joon 

Park Ho San as Eom Sung Han 
Lee Seung Joon as Kim Ki Ha 
Kyung Soo Jin as Oh Soo Yeon 
Kim Jae Chul as Park Myung Hwan
Jung Joo Won as Choi Kyung Woo
Baek Joo Hee as Lee Jae Eun 
Choi Kang Soo as Jo Dong Wook
Lee Seung Woo as Hong Kyu Tae 
Im Sung Jae as Kang Joo An

Character Relationship Chart

- OFFICIAL TRAILERS - 

Just a reminder to follow our Haven Codex and have fun! 

• Like 2

95febb0477e74a4d8db09124f7789141.jpeg?s=

“Hush” is about the everyday struggles and ethical dilemmas of newspaper reporters. It will portray their problems as ones that all office workers deal with, rather than just reporters. Hwang Jung Min plays Han Joon Hyuk, a veteran reporter who’s lost his passion for the work because of the harsh reality of the industry. In contrast, YoonA plays the spirited and bold intern reporter Lee Ji Soo, and Han Joon Hyuk becomes her mentor while they work on the same team...

Lastly, the director commented, “We don’t only focus on the limited happenings in the world of reporters. It also looks at the comradeship people feel for their coworkers, family ties, and the concerns and emotions felt by any average office worker. Our drama’s point of differentiation is that it’s simultaneously heavy but light...

Source: Soompi

I watched for Hwang Jung Min, highly acclaimed in films and back for his first drama after 8 years.

Episode 1 was quite interesting.

1. Chief Editor's (Son Byung-ho) motto: Work Trust Forgive = WTF to his employees LOL

2. Digital News Desk = Drudge News Desk LOL.

This department's job is to apparently to increase views of their digital page by clicking refresh many times, copying and pasting popular articles from elsewhere and creating sensational headlines. I look forward to the transformation of this department since it contains the main leads and some of the supporting casts who are true reporters but have been sidelined.

***Spoiler*** [Leaving it out here as the spoiler box is all dark]

Lee Ji Soo (YoonA) seems to have pretended not to know who Han Joon Hyuk (Hwang Jung Min) is when she joined Daily Korea as intern. At the end of the episode, we find out that her father had committed suicide when he was framed for bribery. Flashback showed JY arguing with the Chief Editor when they were younger over this article and being told to keep quiet as the matter will blow over with time. Likely this was one of the major incidents that changed JY from a passionate reporter to 'clickbait master' now. Is JS seeking revenge / wanting to clear her father's name?

The description of the drama sounds a bit "slice of life" which is not my thing. I hope it shows more of the intricacies and suspense of reporting and the cases. But let's see.

Episode 2 Trailer

https://youtu.be/bPB_r3qhDLU

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Episode 2 was sad. Again Han Joon Hyuk (Hwang Jung Min) is told to hush by the chief editor. Not sure if real SK is so discriminating/conservative - a degree from a prestigious University in the suburb is not recognised in Seoul?

So far the story seems quite solid for those who like this genre.

Episode 3 Preview with subs

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Just watched the first 2 eps. I had trouble getting into the story ep1, but ep2 got me interested. Its sad that ep towards the end, but Im now wanting to see how this pans out.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

10 hours ago, TRaNz said:

Just watched the first 2 eps. I had trouble getting into the story ep1, but ep2 got me interested. Its sad that ep towards the end, but Im now wanting to see how this pans out.

I still haven't found the time to watch, but will do it tonight as soon as I can sit down without falling alseep lol I need to watch before next week, but really good to know ep2 is interesting. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Well.....just watched ep 3 and 4 ..... spent most of both eps with watery eyes. :letalQQ: Geeezzz.....

There seems to be more to what happened to Soo Yeon. I do find it interesting how its the reporters trying to do all the digging rather than the authorities though.

Hoping for less watery eyed episodes to come. haha

• Insightful 3

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

• 4 weeks later...