@JenL Helloooooooo.....

I am back to watching like multiple dramas but I think my oppa acquisitions have been only from c-dramaland . Latest lil crush ...heheh let's see how far this goes. LiXian in Will Love In Spring.  I highly recommend this slice of life / romance to everyone . Great chemie with the FL played by Zhou Yu Tong. 

2wD31E_3f.jpg

• Haha 3

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Miss Night & Day Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

• 2 weeks later...

@JenLYou need to watch our variety My Sibling Romance. One of contestant sing so well and so handsome -> the one sing 25 21 OST. And I'm quite invested to find who he really like.

Any other drama than LR that you watch? 

At the moment I'm kind of busy with Ju Ji Hoon because of Blood Free, I started to watching Kingdom and it's pretty good! I'm starting Atypical Family and this one have time slip too. 

• Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

1 hour ago, ssteph said:

Ooohhh! Now @abs-oluteM with Li Xian and @SilverMoonTea with Ju Ji Hoon 😁

•••

Anyone watch/follow update from Baeksang Awards today?

Yes I am....I am like I should have watched him earlier. I did put Meet Yourself on my to watch list last year but somehow I kept getting sidetracked. This year I have 3 handsome "ge-ge" to add to my oppa list including Li Xian. :smile:

What are the results for the Baeksang?

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Miss Night & Day Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

2 hours ago, ssteph said:

Ooohhh! Now @abs-oluteM with Li Xian and @SilverMoonTea with Ju Ji Hoon 😁

•••

Anyone watch/follow update from Baeksang Awards today?

I think nothing interesting from Baeksang today haha... 

Btw your Jung Hae In sending truck to Jisoo 😂

I'm following recent trend btw 😆

3 minutes ago, ssteph said:

@abs-oluteM I really like Meet Yourself 😊

Going to see Twitter for list of Baeksang winners 😆

Meet Yourself OST is quite nice. I like the drama but wish it was shorter. I think I crumbled around ep 30's after the pairing became official 😂 I forgot but I think it's a few drama that managed to made me tearing up. I like the pairing of Lixian and LiuYufei too, I was not expecting the combination will work. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@mademoiselle I think yes first time after divorce.

This mystery is solved? 😆 If I'm not wrong, a man hugging Seon Ho (00:24) is CEO of SJK agency. He is also producer of drama Start Up. Maybe SJK & KSH know each other through him.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hahaha a bunch of very late replies again because I'm always behind on Kdramas at the moment and so I'm too scared to see the poilers on the thread :psweatduck: I'm not sure why I'm so behind this year. I think it's because I always seem to have so much going on lately and when I don't I end up watching Kdramas at night and falling asleep because I'm so tired?! I miss being able to stay up till 2pm without any issues. I hope I can catch up soon and be in sync again, but who knows if I'll ever get organised? :laugh:

I'm also going through a Bridgerton Brainrot season because I love this couple - Penelope and Colin. It's the friends to lover trope and the fact that the 2 actors have great chemistry. Also really love that an actress who has a less Hollywood size is being celebrated and given a cool, romanctic lead role. So I've been fan girling those 2 rather than any Kdrama pairing...haha my brainrot is in that carriage scene hahahaha  :BulbaOWO::heart: 

@mademoiselle Have you changed your picture of Byeon Woo Seok??? I'm a little behind in Lovely Runner so I haven't visited the thread yet. But I do like Byeon Woo Seok a lot. Kinda wish I could go to his fan meet (but kind feels like a betrayal when I haven't been to a LJW one!!) :laugh:Oh well, I can't be too loyal when there's so many handsome guys. However, BWS's fan meets take place over a busy period at work so even though I've been encouraged to take leave, I couldn't take it over that period. Maybe if he announces any in late July/ August in a place where I understand the languages I will try. But I think both the Taiwanese and Singaporean FMs fan in June, so seems unlikely :mine:

On 3/13/2024 at 5:17 PM, mademoiselle said:

I'm waitng for all the episodes to be out. I think I've only watched 2 episodes. I'm not a fan of it. I don't like how Chae Jong Hyeop is so innocent and act cute in there. It's very Japanese style act cute and innocence rather than Korean style, and for a guy rather than a girl too, so I'm not used to this.

I also think I'm too in tune with Kdramas that I'm not used to Jdrama styles anymore (and Cdramas too, in terms of romance).

I know what you mean. I think out of all the Asian dramas I watch, I find J-Dramas the most stilted in terms of acting - there's too much trying to act in an idealised 'anime' way which doesn't look as natural. There's also the idea that romance dramas are a bit more feminine and so everyone does act cute. With that said, I do think that Japanese dramas have improved over the years. When I look at the old Hana Kimi type drama, the acting was so stiff. But now they're at least more animated in a normal way, though it's still less realistic compared to K-dramas. I think non-romantic dramas like Alice in Borderland and Turn to me Mukai Kun were actually pretty enjoyable with decent acting and storylines :yayaya:

In terms of Eye Love You, the storyline is not exciting, and I agree it's more cutesy than I'm used to, but I also think Chae Jong Hyeop is good at/ suitable for the cutesy roles so I don't mind it so much. At least he's a male lead at the centre of the story, which I don't feel he gets given in a lot of his Korean projects. I heard a lot of reasons actors like him are doing these roles is because there's just not enough roles to be acting all the time given the limited roles/ Tv dramas on air at a time. So I guess if it gives him woork, I'll support it...though I definitely haven't finished Eye Love You because I've been so much more into Lovely Runner / Chief Detective/ Bridgerton at the moment :idk:

On 3/14/2024 at 12:33 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenLmiss you and everyone. Been quite busy with work lately, I only able to caught up with my dating show Exchange 😅 It's so juicy with the ex drama inside, time fly fast when I watched this 😂

On 3/24/2024 at 1:59 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenLreply you here haha... I'm watching 2 dating show now. My Sibling Romance and Exchange 3. MSR is because I was summoned by @Tofu and I have to admit it's super addictive, so they mix real life brother & sister keeping it as secret and confused them. All quite good looking and have interesting personality. 

Hahaha are you back in the Kdrama romance world instead of reality TV romance world again? I haven't checked the hreads because I'm still a little behind on Lovely Runner, but I plan to chat on the thread tonight if I finally catch up! :Party01:

On 3/19/2024 at 6:14 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Ya sweetie here is back @JenL

I laughed when you tagged me and when I saw from Twitter that Kang Tae Oh was back, but I've been so busy that I forgot to respond. It's a little sad that he wiped his instagram and so there's no more Extraordinary Attorney Woo posts there. I guess he wanted a new start since it's actually been a few years now and he can't always been that same character. But while my boy has been in the army, I've been super fickle and fallen for several other Oppas so he needs to take on a good drama so that I remember how hot he is again. Bring back those Jun Ho vibes in a different role :laugh:

On 3/19/2024 at 8:32 PM, mademoiselle said:

LOL. This is a trick question that needs to be answered carefully. Friendship is on the line. HAHAHA! Nah, it was because you love to come to play when I'm asleep. I check JH when I wake up, then go to work. I can't answer during work hours unless WFH. During work hours, this thread went onto a new page and I got busy around that time, so I forgot.

You can't be mad at me (for real) because you've ignored so many of my tags before :laugh: I've immunity!

Hahahaha nah, you have total immunity because here I am responding to messages you guys have sent me from back in March that I laughed in when I read...but then failed to respond to because I'm a terrible person :nervous: You're right. I tend to write at werd times - late at night, super early in the morning or during work lunch break :lenny:

Anyway I can never be mad at you when you're the better responder :laugh::pandaangel:

On 3/19/2024 at 8:32 PM, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM I did not realise The Chicken Nuggets is a drama. Can you give us a review when you start watching? I kinda can't get with the idea that Kim You Jung became a nugget.

Hahahah @abs-oluteM did you actually end up watching Chicekn Nugget??? I was so impressed that someone managed to make a drama out of a storyline where someone turned into a chicken nugget! Maybe Kdrama writers have been getting writer's block 

On 3/19/2024 at 9:40 PM, Chocolate said:

I watched half an episode. Then I stopped.

Movie would have been fine. But 10 episodes of people talking to a nugget head or trying to find a way to turn the nugget back into human!!! I fear for my brain.

And that looked more like sweet and sour pork then chicken nugget!

It was 10 episode?!?!?! :psweatduck:

On 3/24/2024 at 1:02 PM, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate @abs-oluteM @SilverMoonTea @JenL I've watched Exhuma. It's quite good. It's more thriller than horror (it does have ghost) and I didn't find it scary.

At one point, I was reminded of Revenant because the ghost also seek approval from the person to open the door to get in. It's a movie that requires people to know a bit more of the Korean and Japanese history, folklore, culture, fengshui and beliefs. The acting are all really good here. Narration is not perfect, but I'd give 8.5 or 9 and no less for acting, music score, and cinematography. The creation of that eerie/thrilling atmosphere was very well-done.

I keep getting convinced to watch this and I probably will because I've gotten tickets to a late screening (as it it'll be shown again later in the year). I told my friends I was chicken but they told me to just watch for Lee Do Hyun. Lol. Not that this is bad advice because he has a beautiful face that will chase away any scary moment right? :pandahehe:

On 4/26/2024 at 9:08 PM, abs-oluteM said:

@JenL Helloooooooo.....

I am back to watching like multiple dramas but I think my oppa acquisitions have been only from c-dramaland . Latest lil crush ...heheh let's see how far this goes. LiXian in Will Love In Spring.  I highly recommend this slice of life / romance to everyone . Great chemie with the FL played by Zhou Yu Tong. 

I'm very proud that you've gone back to your regular schedule. People in my real life think that I'm some sort of drama addict because I'm watching 3 series at a time ( and struggling to keep up with weekly 2 eps). But I always them them...no, don't look at me in awe. I know some perople watching like 10 series at a time *think about you and @mademoiselle:laugh:

On 5/6/2024 at 11:30 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenLYou need to watch our variety My Sibling Romance. One of contestant sing so well and so handsome -> the one sing 25 21 OST. And I'm quite invested to find who he really like.

Any other drama than LR that you watch? 

At the moment I'm kind of busy with Ju Ji Hoon because of Blood Free, I started to watching Kingdom and it's pretty good! I'm starting Atypical Family and this one have time slip too. 

Hahaha I don't think the word 'sibling' and 'romance' should go into the same title hahaha :psweatduck:

I've been watching:

Chief Detective 1958

Lovely Runner

Eye Love You

And non Asian series:

Bridgerton s3

Baby Reindeer

It's been keeping me real busy. As for Oppas, I'm loving Lee Je Hoon as usual in Chief detective - such a cute romance. And he's got his usual cute/ cool/ silly dynamic going on. I think the only new adoption for me is Byeon Woo Seok. Something about the way I now like his smirk/ smile kills me a little. Otherwise, I'm stuck in my Bridgerton brainrot with Colin Bridgerton :BulbaOWO:

• Haha 2

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

5 hours ago, JenL said:

@mademoiselle Have you changed your picture of Byeon Woo Seok??? I'm a little behind in Lovely Runner so I haven't visited the thread yet. But I do like Byeon Woo Seok a lot. Kinda wish I could go to his fan meet (but kind feels like a betrayal when I haven't been to a LJW one!!) Oh well, I can't be too loyal when there's so many handsome guys. However, BWS's fan meets take place over a busy period at work so even though I've been encouraged to take leave, I couldn't take it over that period. Maybe if he announces any in late July/ August in a place where I understand the languages I will try. But I think both the Taiwanese and Singaporean FMs fan in June, so seems unlikely 

Not happy, Jen. 😭 Why is he so far away from us? I actually think this FM would be worthwhile because he'd be singing all the songs from Lovely Runner, which I'm familiar with and in Sun Jae mode and style. I can't just drop everything and fly either, and not to mention I've never fought for tickets such as these. I read his Bangkok's FM is already sold out.

Yes, I'm using Byeon Woo Seok as DP. It all started because VARO posted this.

He was already an Oppa before Lovely Runner, and I was feeling all normal, but it hit all of a sudden after watching this video. So much FEELS when he sang this. It's the way he sang it, too, because during this time he was the "depressed" and "unhappy" Sun Jae who misses his Sol. I think partly also I'm very impressed he sang it live and whilst playing piano. It was real, and not lip-synced (although it'd have been dubbed in the drama), but the fact is—it's real and live. It's not an easy task to coordinate both hands and mouth.

6 hours ago, JenL said:

In terms of Eye Love You, the storyline is not exciting, and I agree it's more cutesy than I'm used to, but I also think Chae Jong Hyeop is good at/ suitable for the cutesy roles so I don't mind it so much.

I couldn't survive Eye Love You. To think I grew up watching Jdrama and manga, I don't know why I can't get back into it anymore. To be fair, they never depict romances as well as Kdramas do. It's always on the surface, the kiss is more of a peck than a kiss or even a passionate one (very rare these days).

6 hours ago, JenL said:

Anyway I can never be mad at you when you're the better responder 

I am a better responder! See, I reply in less than a day. And now I wonder how long will you take to reply this time? :laugh: I'm filing a complaint. Don't just make time for your real friends; make time for the reel ones too!

6 hours ago, JenL said:

I keep getting convinced to watch this and I probably will because I've gotten tickets to a late screening (as it it'll be shown again later in the year). I told my friends I was chicken but they told me to just watch for Lee Do Hyun. Lol. Not that this is bad advice because he has a beautiful face that will chase away any scary moment right?

Wait, what? You're only going to watch this end of this year? Er... how close are you sitting from the screen? I literally sat in the middle but the end of the row. :laugh:

6 hours ago, JenL said:

I'm very proud that you've gone back to your regular schedule. People in my real life think that I'm some sort of drama addict because I'm watching 3 series at a time ( and struggling to keep up with weekly 2 eps). But I always them them...no, don't look at me in awe. I know some perople watching like 10 series at a time *think about you and @mademoiselle*

I am delighted (or regretfully) to inform you that you are watching more dramas than me. I'm currently down to 2 dramas a week — Lovely Runner and The Atypical Family. My drama viewing record is not very good this year.

Did you finish Blood Free for LJW? You went MIA on us and on your own thread.

6 hours ago, JenL said:

It's been keeping me real busy. As for Oppas, I'm loving Lee Je Hoon as usual in Chief detective - such a cute romance. And he's got his usual cute/ cool/ silly dynamic going on. I think the only new adoption for me is Byeon Woo Seok. Something about the way I now like his smirk/ smile kills me a little. Otherwise, I'm stuck in my Bridgerton brainrot with Colin Bridgerton

Chief Detective was hilarious in episode 2, but then I find myself more and more uninterested. Dropped it in the end. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Thoroughly enjoyed Queen of Tears. If it weren't for Lovely Runner being the immediate new crack, I think I'd still be having QoT withdrawal. I traded some of my drama watching time for movies on Netflix instead and playing games. I think I'm going to uninstall one because I ended up spending money trying to get myself through a level! Eeeek!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 5/20/2024 at 8:05 PM, mademoiselle said:

Did you finish Blood Free for LJW? You went MIA on us and on your own thread.

You mean The Heirs? What a train wreck of a drama @JenL . I think I would not have powered through if not for my baby Jun Young. He's got a new drama ...it's a rom-com. I don't mind the actress but not quite sure about the premise though. 

Spoiler

I haven't finished the last 2 eps of Chief Detective 1958. Not as engaging as I had hope but didn't mind some of the episodes. 

@rocher22 When is XZ's new drama starting? 

On 5/7/2024 at 9:04 PM, ssteph said:

This mystery is solved? 😆 If I'm not wrong, a man hugging Seon Ho (00:24) is CEO of SJK agency. He is also producer of drama Start Up. Maybe SJK & KSH know each other through him.

After KSH's scandal , each time I think of him I feel betrayed. Though he was cleared of whatever accusations, it still left this bad taste in my mouth. I was just annoyed that he didn't handle things well before it got out of hand. Anyway, I will still watch his shows. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2023 at 8:20 PM, ssteph said:

@mademoiselle I don't think this is adoption. I watched C-drama Royal Feast and liked Xu Kai for a while and said goodbye to him. After thinking, I wasn't interested to watch his other dramas. So it isn't adoption for me.

I think this post from 2023 needs an update :pandascared:

• Haha 3
  • Awesome 1
1 hour ago, ssteph said:

I think this post from 2023 needs an update :pandascared:

The more important question is, how many Oppa/GeGe have you adopted since @SilverMoonTea opened this Oppa thread :laugh:

I think I adopted over my quota. It's almost July 2024, I have zero adoption.

P.S. Byeon Woo Seok doesn't count - I adopted him back in 2020-ish.

• Haha 4

@mademoiselle Is Lovely Runner a sad show? I see rave reviews but... When I have time, I will try.

It's really easy for me to cry when watching movies/dramas. Once someone dies, it just comes haha. But real funeral, my eyes are dry.

By the way, anyone watched the Beckham documentary. It's surprisingly good. I'm not a football fan and have heard he is over-rated. But it seems he is quite a crucial player if the documentary is to be believed. I cried too at the scene of his retirement haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Chocolate No, Lovely Runner is a fantasy (time-slip) romantic comedy. Yeah, it was not expected by Koreans to receive so much love. The drama did not have any PPL sponsors either, but it went crazy locally and internationally. Viki and VIU even dissed Netflix since Netflix didn't take on the airing right.

Woah, real funerals get to me. So somber I never want to attend one, even families. But, that time will come.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@ssteph So your Oppa is Song Joong Ki → Jung Hae In → Xu Kai → Kim Min Jae?

Or VIP Oppa are SJK and JHI.

Short love are Xu Kai and KMJ?

SJK → JHI, XK, KMJ

Maybe I don't have any VIP oppa now 🤣

Because I liked XK in Royal Feast last year and then one year later that short love is coming back (and become long love??? so I adopt him). I remember I liked KMJ in Brahms and Dali Gamjatang. Maybe... Maybe seed of love is been there for XK and KMJ since the beginning but I am not aware 😂

That's why after adopting XK, I'm doing preparation to adopt KMJ. KMJ is still on my radar/waiting list. He has potential to be adopted. Should I adopt him now? :heiboi: (He still enlists, I won't see him often, I'm safe 😂) You have adopted him for long time?

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, ssteph said:

Because I liked XK in Royal Feast last year and then one year later that short love is coming back (and become long love??? so I adopt him). I remember I liked KMJ in Brahms and Dali Gamjatang. Maybe... Maybe seed of love is been there for XK and KMJ since the beginning but I am not aware 😂

That's why after adopting XK, I'm doing preparation to adopt KMJ. KMJ is still on my radar/waiting list. He has potential to be adopted. Should I adopt him now? :heiboi: (He still enlists, I won't see him often, I'm safe 😂) You have adopted him for long time?

This seems like too many for a person who has been so single-minded for so long 😂 Poor SJK lol.

Maybe this thread is contagious. Best to avoid hahaha.

• Haha 2