6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL I thought of you!!! How do you feel...?

@abs-oluteM It is true. Apparently, only dated for a month and they met at last year's Prada's Fashion Week in Milan! I remember the clothes Jae Wook wore. Hahaha!

P.S. The first thought I had when I saw the photo was "Who is she?" :lmao2: I'm so out on KPOP!

5 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle my second question to@JenL too is  how she feels ! 🤣🤣. My TL is just filled with their dating news . I have no idea who she is though I have heard of the group. They look pretty good together. But I guess a lot of JaeWook ships must be feeling the burn . 

Hahahahaha I was feeling down just then for no reason. And then I was talking to my sister and mentioned this LJW relationship thing and thought, 'Surely this is not why I feel a little down?!' :laugh: (Nah, I just have low energy these last 2 years)

I don't know if I have any particular feelings - a tiny bit of heartbreak :laugh:But honestly, I'm happy that he's happy and I think I'm not too surprised because an attractive young guy is bound to be dating someone in secret (I'm sure he's not the only one of our Oppas to do it, but he was not fast enough to avoid Dispatch :lmao2:) And to be honest, I'd much rather a this type of  news or 'scandal' than anything bad (eg. like those stars that caught up in bullying or drug scandals). 

I actually don't really know who she is except that she's a super young Kpop star from a group that I've only heard of in passing. But already there's some drama because she has a huge fandom, including a huge girl fandom.

Spoiler

And apparently, there was a rumour going around that she was actually into girls? Anyway, some lesbian fans were disappointed, some fans who think LJW is not hot were disappointed she's dating him, then some LJW fans got triggered because they love him and said she is the lucky one. :BulbaConfused:

I think I'd be more excited if it was a kpop star I knew or one that had a super nice reputation (For example, Kim Sejeong has met people who didn't know who she was and she was super normal and nice according to them. And then later on, they found out she was a big Kpop star which they found surprising because she was so down to earth.) But as long as she doesn't seem problematic as a person (whch she doesn't), then I will accept his choices. They seem to look pretty cute and aesthetic together. :heiboi: And hey, if it means LJW be looking hot anf happy all the time, it's a good thing

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

No wonder lately Jae Wook looks gorgeous with his hair etc for public appearances etc. Must look pretty when courting, hehehe!

@abs-oluteM haha, I actually forgot his ship with Ara. I had GYJ in my mind, and wasn't sure whether there is one with JSM.

That guy always looks damn charming :heart:

Hahahaha I really wanted to write in the ship thread with Ara actually because I wanted post my mokpo photos relating to DDSSLLS there when I visited Korea this time last year. I've been so busy or tired that it hasn' happened yet though :PikachuFacePalm: Also I wanted to complain about KBS removing a good half of my DDSLLS behind the scenes videos which Stroppyse and I subbed!!! :letalQQ: Not that I think anyone will read it - those fans had to move on from the heartbreak though they were a very nice crew here on JH :idk:

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I have seen this edit...ahahahaah the man is in love.
Gonna start Wedding Impossible shortly....got sidetracked reading this dating news. :laugh:

Agreed with @rocher22 that they look good together. 

hahaha are you both just rubbing salt into my wounds with these cute edits?! :pandacop::letalQQ::laugh:

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

The timing of this promo ! Am sure when they shot this , no one knew 🤣🤣

Annd now everyone is like "oooohhhhh, that's why he looked so happy" :lmao2:

And RE: Go Youn Jung Ship: @mademoiselle LOL

Edited by JenL
  • Haha 4

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

50 minutes ago, JenL said:

and I think I'm not too surprised because an attractive young guy is bound to be dating someone in secret (I'm sure he's not the only one of our Oppas to do it, 

THIS!!! I sometimes think all actors already have girlfriend 😆

I saw this post 😂

Spoiler

Eng trans : attention. To passengers of LJW & GYJ ship, please wear your own life jacket because our ship is sinking.

• Haha 4

I think it's hilarious that on Jang Do Yeon's show, LJW wanted to join her travel group that had GYJ and his new GF as members. :lmao2:

Anyway....Jun is very handsome in the promos for Impossible Heir. I am so happy his character is less villain-like. Haha! 

JUN4.png

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

@JenL @ssteph love the humour of GYJ x LJW shippers... or is that not humour?

9 hours ago, JenL said:

hahaha are you both just rubbing salt into my wounds with these cute edits?! :pandacop::letalQQ::laugh:

I thought it was funny the clip started with LYn's "You are my destinyyyyy..." and him stealing a glance at Karina! Fans are so good at capturing all these details! I've heard of AESPA in passing too when surfing, probably heard some of their OST...but that is it. Don't know how many members and/or who. 

29 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Anyway....Jun is very handsome in the promos for Impossible Heir. I am so happy he's character is less villain-like. Haha! 

Both Jun and LJW were very handsome in their promo photos. Approved. If he's not playing a villain, then maybe JW will. LOL. Coz... just the thought of... will he be satisfied after Jun become the chaebol heir...? We shall find out. 

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4

@mademoiselle It's not that I know a lot about girl groups, but my friend likes to send me kpop songs to listen to. I looked at some of Aespa's popular song and they are unrecognizable to me. They are a SM idol group so I thought they I would recognize at least one song, but I didn't. With BTS being so global, I really only know idol groups from HYPE. The girl group I hear the most about is New Jeans because of their Super Shy song. This song was really popular on many social media platforms. 

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Coz... just the thought of... will he be satisfied after Jun become the chaebol heir...?

Lee Jae Wook in a villain role would be awesome, but seeing that he teased Jun so much about acting as a villain in their promos, I don't think he'll be one. I'm so happy this drama is only 12 episodes long. If it was more, my attention span would not be able to handle it. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

@Tofu Fingers crossed 12 episodes and with proper ending! I'm still salty with Disney+. LOL!

New Jeans I know too, because my Gen MZ colleagues are into their songs. "OMG" is catchy. I actually don't know "Super Shy". New Jeans only know by band name, don't know the members or even their faces. I know Twice too, because "TT" was viral. Boybands cover it. Even Lee Dong Wook danced to it. Only know that Taiwanese girl from Twice because she was under fire for not saying she is from China.

There is one song that must be viral too, because I see a few actors dancing to it. I think I shared with you the clip that Song Kang dances to, right? That song seems to be popular too.

• Like 3

Oh @JenL there is more tea to be spilled here...pray tell who is this supposed actress. Anyway I know his agency has refuted though there was talk of the dating news with Karina was actually leaked by the agency because of contract renewal. Wahhh give this man a break. 

Spoiler

On 2/28/2024 at 5:00 AM, Tofu said:

Anyway....Jun is very handsome in the promos for Impossible Heir. I am so happy his character is less villain-like. Haha!

He is. He has my heart ....even in the first 2 episodes, I am feeling most sorry for him.

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

9 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

He is. He has my heart ....even in the first 2 episodes, I am feeling most sorry for him.

I can't handle Jun's cuteness. He makes this noona's heart melt but whyyyyyyyyyyyy does Jun go from playing villain roles to playing such a lonely character? :cry:

• Haha 3

A bunch of late replies! :psweatduck: I was very social for awhile, but it's been nice to havng some me time. I finaly watched all of A Killer Paradox which I loved and I'm up to date with both Doctor Slump and The Impossible Heir :CharmanderYay: Since this is Oppa tracker thread I really came here to say how much I love Park Hyung Sik (not a new adoption though since this is a long term love from Strong Woman Do Bong Soon days). He's in the VIP list now since I've loved 3 of his dramas. Also he just has the dreamiest gaze :wow:

On 2/8/2024 at 2:53 PM, ssteph said:

Oh, no!!! I hope Hae In fans and So Min fans are peaceful now, when the drama is airing, and after the drama end 🙏 I had bad experience with Jisoo fans during and after Snowdrop. I really hope something like that wouldn't happen again.

Do you follow Sejeong as an actress or as a singer? Or both? I didn't know she is a lyricist until I watched her on IU's Palette show. It's my favorite episode. I like Sejeong's song Plant.

Oh no hope you didn't have too much trauma with JiSoo fans. It always sucks to be caught in a fan scuffle - sometimes not even because you want to but because someone picks on something you say :mine:

Sejeong - I follow her as an actress more than as a singer, but I did attend her concert. I really came to like her as Hana in The Uncanny Counter, but have since seen a few of her other projects and ennjoyed them all :heart: As for her music, she really can sing very well. She was taking requests at her concert for random songs and singing them by herself. Plant is a lovely song!

• Like 3

On 2/7/2024 at 10:59 PM, mademoiselle said:

We don't watch every Kdramas. During the early kdrama watching years, and I didn't know as many actors, I had tried out to watch all the new new one (except daillies) because I didn't want to miss out any good ones. Back then it's easier too, only SBS, KBS, MBC, tvN, JTBC and OCN. There are so many more platforms now. How to keep up? Also now the reason to watch a drama varies:

(1) Oppa is the main motivation.

(2) If no Oppa, then it means the plot needs to be interesting / looks good in previews

(3) Who directs or writes the drama

(4) Once in awhile, I also think it's good to pick something you totally don't think you have interest in or know anybody. That's how I stumbled upon Hot Stove League, Prison Playbook and My Mister.

(5) Now I know more actors, I'd check out their works if they have promising filmography e.g. Kim Hye Soo.

(6) Sometimes my interest is pique through clips and posts on my TL.

P.S. I've also learnt from @Tofu and @SilverMoonTea to "let go" of the bad ones, LOL!

Hahaha I laughed when I read that 1# Oppa is the main motivation :laugh: I guess that's true for me too, though sometimes I will not watch if I don't like the pairing or the story sounds like something I wouldn't care for (Sorry Oppa, you have to pick good projects and actin partners too. Can't just get me with your pretty looks! :heiboi:)

Hot Stove League and My Mister - I don't know how I came to watch them. I guess after time, with enough people saying the dramas were really good, I couldn't help but watch. And then I really enjoyed them too! Also they featured ahjussi actors that I enjoyed watching :yayaya:

Some actors do having promising filmographies, or at least ones that speak to me. Choi Woo Shik usually does it for me even though I don't think I've adopted him...mainly because he always plays a deadbeat :laugh: But a loveable deadbeat who has a good storyline going on in his drama :heiboi:

Dropping dramas - I think I avoid doing it, but these days it just happens naturally. Or I watch it really slowly? I haven't quite finished Moving . I didn't dislike it. But I'm not sure I fully got into it? But I do really like Go Youn Jung. But I hear her next drama is with Kim Seon Ho? 

On 2/7/2024 at 10:59 PM, mademoiselle said:

When he comes, then I'll let you know. I think it depends on the circumstances. Like you said, if I've to wait hours only to see him in minutes, no thanks. I do wish there is a day where he and Jae Wook would come together. You and I can go fangirl together :laugh:. Do you have real life friend(s) who likes Jae Wook here?

Hahaha, I would totally go to a Rowoon fan meet if he ever came here :wow: ...But even better, my dream is as you say, a Rowoon and Lee Jae Wook visit. Could you imagine?? Hahaha the fangirling from us both would be intense :laugh: 

I don't have any real life friends who love Lee Jae Wook on my level. I think there's friends who've seen one or 2 projects of his and recognise he's a good actor or think his character is adorable or that he's cute. But they don't fangirl over him the way I do...or the way his fanclubs do (even more intense!) So I rely on the online community. But I guess it's also me - I don't tend to show my fangirlness as much in real life, though I think certain people suspect it...or maybe it comes out naturally when I meet another Kdrama fan :laugh:

How about you? Do you have any real life friends who love Rowoon as much as you?

• Like 2

On 2/8/2024 at 6:47 PM, abs-oluteM said:

I think @JenL is quite right...the oppas that get the stronger love are those that seem a little rough around the edges , look wise. 

Hahaha I'm glad I know your types :smug: I have observed you all for a long time :laugh:

On 2/9/2024 at 9:10 AM, mademoiselle said:

@ssteph @abs-oluteM @JenL Sometimes I wonder how you guys come across so many of these posts. Because, often they would speak in codes. They are unlikely to tag the relevant stars they are badmouthing about too. Often for me is only when someone I follow said something then I find out what has happened, but I don't get the full picture. 😅

Hahahaha nah, I feel like fan wars take place in public these days - no one writes in code, they just want to let out steam on the people they're made at...or rather the fans of the people they're mad at. I'll just randomly be scrolling down twitter and then BAM! Someone is hurling their strong, negative opinions at an actor or their fans. But it usually happens when there's INTENSE SHIPPING happenning or rather, not happening. People got mad and suspicious about Park Eun Bin and Kang Tae Oh because they apparently weren't as lovely dovely as their characters. And then the fans of one side got salty at the fans of the other side. Same for Alchemy of Souls - that one I couldn't avoid. Itt was on every second twitter post or instagram post when they changed from s1 to s2 and swapped actresses. Some bitter fans of JSM wrote on every GYJ post saying she wasn't good enough to replace JSM and then they were mean to LJW because he didn't post photos with JSM, but posted photos with GYJ. It was a stressful time :psweatduck: 

I think fan wars more likely to happen also when it involves what I call the 'golden age' celebrities - the ones who are now in their 30s and made it big with the Hallyu wave and the old dramas that had huge viwerships. People like Lee Min Ho, Jung So Min, Kim Go Eun etc. Their fans are next level with defending their stars :idk:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 2/28/2024 at 12:19 AM, ssteph said:

THIS!!! I sometimes think all actors already have girlfriend 😆

I saw this post 😂

Reveal hidden contents

Eng trans : attention. To passengers of LJW & GYJ ship, please wear your own life jacket because our ship is sinking.

Hahahaha I feel like it's probably true. I mean they have lots of opportunities to date even if it has to be in secret. They work in agencies with lots of other attractive models, actors and siingers. And then they're always paired with actors in dramas, they go to fashion weeks and red carpet events and after parties...plenty of chances to meet good looking other halves :smug:

On 2/28/2024 at 8:29 AM, mademoiselle said:

@JenL @ssteph love the humour of GYJ x LJW shippers... or is that not humour?

I think it's humour, but also saddness for their sunk ships :laugh:

On 2/28/2024 at 1:06 PM, Tofu said:

The girl group I hear the most about is New Jeans because of their Super Shy song. This song was really popular on many social media platforms. 

Agreed! I couldn't name an Aespa song to save my life. But I know several New Jeans songs. I think it's the power of social media, but maybe also they're marketed heavily here because 2 of the members are Australian :BulbaOWO:

On 3/1/2024 at 12:55 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Oh @JenL there is more tea to be spilled here...pray tell who is this supposed actress. Anyway I know his agency has refuted though there was talk of the dating news with Karina was actually leaked by the agency because of contract renewal. Wahhh give this man a break. 

@abs-oluteM I was dying to get back to your comment but couldn't remember what page I saw it on so answered all of the comemnts I missed  :laugh: Yeah it's been rough for LJW lately and all his fans have been like  :shocked2:  I'm biased anyway, but I feel like this sounds like the rumour mill caused by people not liking this relationship. I was already seeing a lot of comments about LJW looking a lot older than Karina  or not being handsome enough for her etc. I feel like there's consequences of dating Kpop stars and bad rumours are one of them if you don't meet the standards of the fans. I mean anything is possible since it's not like I know LJW in real life, but it just seems suss that a few days after this big reveal about 2 stars dating that they suddenly dig into another ex-girlfriend? :nervous:

On 3/1/2024 at 9:24 AM, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM @JenL

I woke up to read about this too! And there are translated KNet's comments about him forming a one-man agency. All said it is too early for him. I kind of think so too. Unless he's got bigger plans, such as recruiting his BFF and his BFF's BFF...

Agreed! I think it's something a lot of stars would like to do. And he's got the acting skills and gets along with a lot of people...But he's like 25. Running an agency is a lot of work unless you have the money to pay a lot of people. Seems kind of premature? :thinking: Also it seems like he's been ok with this agency. He gets promoted quite a bit? But I guess we shall wait and see.

On 3/1/2024 at 10:20 AM, Tofu said:

I can't handle Jun's cuteness. He makes this noona's heart melt but whyyyyyyyyyyyy does Jun go from playing villain roles to playing such a lonely character? :cry:

I feel bad for him too!!!! Your boy is growing on me @Tofu...But LJW still holds dear for me :heiboi:

On 3/1/2024 at 3:53 PM, mademoiselle said:

Are you in a dilemma?

I think @Tofu is not sounding conflicted :laugh: Jun tugs more at the heartstrings by the sounds of it

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 2

@JenL

Moving – I think for me, the editing of the drama is choppy. Just when I'm happily watching the kids developing their friendships and power, all of a sudden we cut to the past. The flow of the story-telling felt off then on with 2 episodes each dedicated to each adult couple's story. It isn't that I disliked their stories, but each story was so different that they don't flow well from one to the other.

Go Youn Jung – Yes, her next drama is with Kim Seon Ho. I actually wanted her to work with RW in a romance drama. 😕

RW's FM – Woah, really? You would go to his FM! Would you go if he has one in Sydney? Or the criteria is must be where you are? Nah, I don't know anyone in real life who likes him. In fact, I don't know anyone in real life who is this into Kdramas or oppa. I wonder why there are so many of us online, but none in real life. LOL! Maybe most of them are like you, don't want to reveal this side of them...? The ones I know, a co-worker, she is into Seventeen and KPOP and not so much in dramas or actors.

20 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahahaha nah, I feel like fan wars take place in public these days - no one writes in code, they just want to let out steam on the people they're made at...or rather the fans of the people they're mad at. I'll just randomly be scrolling down twitter and then BAM! Someone is hurling their strong, negative opinions at an actor or their fans. But it usually happens when there's INTENSE SHIPPING happenning or rather, not happening. People got mad and suspicious about Park Eun Bin and Kang Tae Oh because they apparently weren't as lovely dovely as their characters. And then the fans of one side got salty at the fans of the other side. Same for Alchemy of Souls - that one I couldn't avoid. Itt was on every second twitter post or instagram post when they changed from s1 to s2 and swapped actresses. Some bitter fans of JSM wrote on every GYJ post saying she wasn't good enough to replace JSM and then they were mean to LJW because he didn't post photos with JSM, but posted photos with GYJ. It was a stressful time :psweatduck: 

I think fan wars more likely to happen also when it involves what I call the 'golden age' celebrities - the ones who are now in their 30s and made it big with the Hallyu wave and the old dramas that had huge viwerships. People like Lee Min Ho, Jung So Min, Kim Go Eun etc. Their fans are next level with defending their stars

I still don't see it. Occasionally, I would see on my TL a fan rant about something, but then I don't get the full picture! And then there are the bigger fan club account which doesn't say anything because they want to filter the "bad news" about their biases, and they would also refrain from dissing another because that's the house rule. Hmm, now I wonder whether you guys are seeing these due to algorithms.

Oh true, there were a lot of photos between Jae Wook and Youn Jung. Not to mention in BTS, he keeps praising her "Oh, yeuppeu-ra!" and BAM, he goes and date Karina. Ahahahahaha! I swear when the news broke out, I was internally thinking, "What about Youn Jung? You said she's beautiful!" Even though I wasn't shipping, I felt a tiny bit cheated. Hahaha!

The "golden age" celebs' fans are next level maybe because of their star status. I do think, though, those that are defending them are not their older fans anymore because those ladies are married and mature with family/kids, hence less time to fight. The new fans they gained is where I notice a lot more rabid. They would behaved like their bias is the best in the world and their female co-star (or vice versa if it's an actress) must be at the same level as him, otherwise, it'd be an insult to his/her status. Tell me if you guys notice this trend...?

Jae Wook – Anymore news about his new agency? Yeah, I learned from an old JCW's fan that actor has to shell out money for stylist and hairdresser. This is not paid by the agency. So it would be extra burden if he goes for a one man agency. I also think to have a one man agency means you must have a manager that is really good with his/her social network. Maybe it is just a rumour.

I don't know what to think about his dating scandal. It can't be CJes spreading the dating news and then comes out to clarify about his scandal (not Karina but the ex-girlfriend). Although I have heard people talking about agency being manipulative that way.

19 hours ago, JenL said:

I think @Tofu is not sounding conflicted :laugh: Jun tugs more at the heartstrings by the sounds of it

Nah, I wasn't asking if Tofu is in dilemma about Jun vs Jae Wook. I was asking if she's rather he plays villain instead of a lonely character. LOL. He's probably is just like how Jae Wook teases him—likes to do the total opposite of what others do i.e. the norm. Not a bad thing. Just need to be careful not to be typecast.

@ssteph Have you watched My Name is Loh Kiwan? I tried to last night but it's too depressing, so I read spoiler and jumped to the end. 😅

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
On 3/4/2024 at 9:40 PM, mademoiselle said:

@JenL

Moving – I think for me, the editing of the drama is choppy. Just when I'm happily watching the kids developing their friendships and power, all of a sudden we cut to the past. The flow of the story-telling felt off then on with 2 episodes each dedicated to each adult couple's story. It isn't that I disliked their stories, but each story was so different that they don't flow well from one to the other.

Go Youn Jung – Yes, her next drama is with Kim Seon Ho. I actually wanted her to work with RW in a romance drama. 😕

You're right, the editing was choppy and I found myself a bit unsure of what was happening for a long while because it took several episodes before they really gave Frank's backstory. They just sort of kepy introducing new people with powers who were having epic gory battles, but not showing how they were really connected beyond them all having super powers. It was kind of repetitive for awhile. I started getting more into it around episode 7 but then a whole bunch of new dramas came out which I cared about more so I didn't really continue. I'll probably continue when I'm in between dramas, but it's one of those weird "not-quite-dropped" dramas at the moment :heiboi:

I feel like Disney isn't quite picking the best porjects, though they spend their money marketing a lot of these. Even with The Impossible Heir, I feel like it's not the most riveting watch. It's so political and there's so many characters I don't care about and I find myself really having to concentrate when I watch so that I understand what cut throat plan is being executed. But with that said, I'm still engaaged enough to continue, since I'm curious about what will happen. And gotta support my boy :laugh:

Go Young Jun and Kim Seon Ho. Hmm, I'm sure it'll be popular. But I dunno. I recently watched The Childe (the movie which kept Kim Seon Ho while other projects were dropping him. It also stars Go Ara). And it wasn't too bad surprisingly. I'll probably still watch this project, but I just still feel the ick unfortunately. :idk:

RW's FM – Woah, really? You would go to his FM! Would you go if he has one in Sydney? Or the criteria is must be where you are? Nah, I don't know anyone in real life who likes him. In fact, I don't know anyone in real life who is this into Kdramas or oppa. I wonder why there are so many of us online, but none in real life. LOL! Maybe most of them are like you, don't want to reveal this side of them...? The ones I know, a co-worker, she is into Seventeen and KPOP and not so much in dramas or actors.

Hahaha I'd go to a RW concert or fan meet for sure! Even though he's not in my top tier, I do like him and definitely enough to want to see him in person if he ever sets foot down in Australia. I'd go to Sydney too because I enjoy taking a trip there when there's an event to go to. I feel like I only ever go to Sydney when there's something on otherwise it's just like Melbourne, only more corporate-big city vibes. Haha, if you ever hear of it happening, let me know :BulbaOWO:

Yeah same same. I don't think I know people who are this into Kdramas except you guys. I think Kpop is more dominent. I know lots of hardcore Kpop fans. I have a few friends who are into Korean celebrities and oppas and love going to fan meets, but they like Boys Love dramas more. One of those friends actually moved to Korea to live and she's practially seen everyone. Maybe it's because most Kdrama people are introverts (seeing as watching TV is quite a homebody/passive activity)...and the ones who are extroverts just hide their true selves because they don't want to be judged if others are not into it? :laugh:

! still don't see it. Occasionally, I would see on my TL a fan rant about something, but then I don't get the full picture! And then there are the bigger fan club account which doesn't say anything because they want to filter the "bad news" about their biases, and they would also refrain from dissing another because that's the house rule. Hmm, now I wonder whether you guys are seeing these due to algorithms.

Oh true, there were a lot of photos between Jae Wook and Youn Jung. Not to mention in BTS, he keeps praising her "Oh, yeuppeu-ra!" and BAM, he goes and date Karina. Ahahahahaha! I swear when the news broke out, I was internally thinking, "What about Youn Jung? You said she's beautiful!" Even though I wasn't shipping, I felt a tiny bit cheated. Hahaha!

Hahaha how do you avoid all of the fan dramas??? :thinking: Do you follow any of the hardcore fan accounts? I think the only way you would miss it is if you don't follow those fan accounts I guess. Or maybe accounts with people who post alot? My Twitter is only for kdrama stuff so I guess I see a lot more than the average twitterer. And also when I'm into a certain drama or celeb, I suppose I'll follow all the related accounts that post decent stuff. From that I feel like there's always something happeing. Sometimes it's all really positive stuff like fans organising food trucks or giving freebies to other fans. But sometimes it's fan wars and complaints to some massive fan news.

RE: LJW and Karina. Did you see that she had to post an apology letter to her fans for dating LJW?! This is why i think I was telling @abs-oluteM that I think a lot of the crazy rumours surrounding LJW were coming from the Kpop fans. From LJW's side, I think most of the fans I've encountered have had either a positive or neutral reaction to the news. But I've seen a number of more polarised comments from the Kpop side - people either love it or really hate it.  I assume they either don't watch Kdramas and don't know the appeal and charisma of LJW since he's not the conventional beautiful Kpop looking type of guy or they just have a bias against him because he's not who they wanted her to date. Either way, it seems unfair for her to have to do that when LJW is a pretty attractive and decent actor to date (as far as I know)! 

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/entertainment/aespa-s-karina-apologises-for-surprising-fans-with-lee-jae-wook-dating-news

https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/korean-soloist-reacts-aespa-karna-apology-letter-lee-jae-wook/

Nah, I wasn't asking if Tofu is in dilemma about Jun vs Jae Wook. I was asking if she's rather he plays villain instead of a lonely character. LOL. He's probably is just like how Jae Wook teases him—likes to do the total opposite of what others do i.e. the norm. Not a bad thing. Just need to be careful not to be typecast.

@ssteph Have you watched My Name is Loh Kiwan? I tried to last night but it's too depressing, so I read spoiler and jumped to the end. 😅

hahaha does Jun always play the villain or loney characer @Tofu? I've never seen any of his past works, but your boy is growing on me. He's kind of cute .:heart:

Also can someone give me the spoilers for My Name is Loh Kiwan...can't be stuffed watching it, but am curious as to why it's depressing but has a happy ending?! What a combo 

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, JenL said:
On 3/4/2024 at 6:40 PM, mademoiselle said:

Expand  

hahaha does Jun always play the villain or loney characer @Tofu? I've never seen any of his past works, but your boy is growing on me. He's kind of cute .:heart:

Tofu is on vacation so I will chime in here. Jun has played a myriad of characters. But plenty which are lonely and angsty. Even as a romantic ML, he's always misunderstood .  I like him and started following his career since I saw him in Good Casting (2020). Managed to watch quite a bit of his filmography and find him a talented actor. 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself