Hello! So quiet lately! Where is everyone? Are you adopting anyone @SilverMoonTea:letalQQ:

I know @Tofu is on holidays. I have still tagged though because I've caught up on all the episodes of Eye Love You that has been shown on Netflix and I have to say Dammmn, Chae Jong Hyeop has such killer charm in that series. Also like topless scene in episode 2 (which turned out to be a dream) was v. expected! I'm suprisingly enjoying though I feel like the female lead'ss resistence to getting into the actual relationship gets a little exasperating. But Chae Jong Hyeop is slaying meeee. I wish they gave him these sorts of roles in Kdramas because the boy can pull both puppy dog and protective guy pretty well :heart: Any way I don't think I saw a thread on this drama, so I've just written it here since it's about one of my favourite Oppas. Did you end up watching this drama @mademoiselle?

But I think I've been falling back for old Oppas. I'm dying from Dr Slump because it both Park Hyung Sik and Yoon Park being so endearing. I actually don't know which one I like more. Clearly I'm having no ttrouble loving 4 Oppas at once :laugh: (4th Oppa refers to LJW who is looking pretty in The Impossible Heir though I'm not loving the drama as much as I wanted to)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@JenL I read your posts, but forgot to reply 😅

Moving - wait, you haven't gone past episode 7? Episode 7 is when the kids' stories end, if I remember correctly. And that's when the story-telling became choppy for me. Everything ties back together at the end if you watch on, even for Frank.

The Impossible Heir - LJW is slaying with that hairstyle and suit, but the story and his character aren't. Haha. Why can't they all just be perfect?

Rowoon's FM - Yeah, I'll let you know. I'm putting this boy on the side until he gets a haircut and goes back to the neat boy I preferred. God knows that'll probably be latter half of the year since I think he's keeping the long hair for the new drama as well.

Fan accounts - I mostly follow Korean fans. Maybe that is why I see nothing since they write their stuff in Korean and I have no energy to click "translate into English" one by one. I do follow some fan accounts that post his news but even those don't express their opinions as much. There are two I followed that would occasionally post their thoughts, but often it's them ranting and hence I have no head no tail about the whole story.

LJW & Karina - I saw the news about her apologising. Quite insane to have to apologise for your own private life. But then again, celebrities in Asia seem to not deserve a life. :idk: How is it going with everything now? Has it died down? I have a feeling this relationship won't last very long due to the peer pressure, and idols are very busy. Many ended up breaking up due to busy schedule. Another factor is they are both very young.

On 3/8/2024 at 2:10 PM, JenL said:

Also can someone give me the spoilers for My Name is Loh Kiwan...can't be stuffed watching it, but am curious as to why it's depressing but has a happy ending?! What a combo 

It's depressing because Ki Wan was only able to defect to Belgium with his mum's sacrifice. Chinese police was chasing them, she was hit by a truck and died. She requested Ki Wan's uncle (not sure if blood-related) to sell her body to the hospital in exchange for US dollars for Ki Wan to leave the country. Even after arriving in Belgium, he wasn't able to get accepted as a resident immediately, so he slept on the streets while he waits for immigration. Because the US dollar = mum, Ki Wan didn't want to spend the money. He can't speak Belgium, faces racism and was beaten up. His wallet with the US dollar was stolen by FL. Blah blah blah, they fell in love but she's a bit of a troublemaker herself and got Ki Wan using drugs. I didn't watch the whole thing, but the ending showed Ki Wan has a Belgium passport, left his restaurant job and went to Indonesia reuniting with FL.

24 minutes ago, JenL said:

Did you end up watching this drama @mademoiselle?

I'm waitng for all the episodes to be out. I think I've only watched 2 episodes. I'm not a fan of it. I don't like how Chae Jong Hyeop is so innocent and act cute in there. It's very Japanese style act cute and innocence rather than Korean style, and for a guy rather than a girl too, so I'm not used to this.

I also think I'm too in tune with Kdramas that I'm not used to Jdrama styles anymore (and Cdramas too, in terms of romance).

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

@JenLmiss you and everyone. Been quite busy with work lately, I only able to caught up with my dating show Exchange 😅 It's so juicy with the ex drama inside, time fly fast when I watched this 😂

I finished Marry My Husband and adopt Na In Woo but actually my love was only hot for few episodes and soon turn lukewarm once he changed from wearing glasses to contact lens 😂 

As of Dr Slump I also watching it. PHS is super cute but I'm not really feeling the romance. I prefer when they just started as unexpected frenemy who become a shoulder to cry on. 

And I managed to try 1 episode of Queen of Tears but like @Tofu I'm not really feeling it. It's a bit over the top and I unable to emphatized with the character. Eventhough some portion did cracked me up and KSH looked awesomely handsome. 

@abs-oluteM going to check LGX drama? I surprised this airing so soon. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

On 3/8/2024 at 4:10 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Tofu is on vacation so I will chime in here. Jun has played a myriad of characters. But plenty which are lonely and angsty. Even as a romantic ML, he's always misunderstood .  I like him and started following his career since I saw him in Good Casting (2020). Managed to watch quite a bit of his filmography and find him a talented actor. 

Oooh maybe I should catch up on his dramas, he seems quite the eye candy. I think if I wasn't busy watching LJW in the current drama, I would totally be like this guy is something :smug: Lonely and angsty characters = probably how he pulls the heartstrings of his fans :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 3/13/2024 at 5:17 PM, mademoiselle said:

@JenL I read your posts, but forgot to reply 😅

Hahaha am I so forgetable? I've been around more consistently lately! :heiboi:

Moving - wait, you haven't gone past episode 7? Episode 7 is when the kids' stories end, if I remember correctly. And that's when the story-telling became choppy for me. Everything ties back together at the end if you watch on, even for Frank.

Haha I'm still on episode 7. Now I'm trying to balance Queen of Tears / The Impossible Heir / Doctor Slump etc It's going to be on indefinite hiatus for awhile :idk:

The Impossible Heir - LJW is slaying with that hairstyle and suit, but the story and his character aren't. Haha. Why can't they all just be perfect?

He's so beautiful! This drama has been hard work though- too much business jargon and dislikeable characters. BUT episode 6 was not bad - the pacing picked up and it was more iinteresting. It's starting to get more exciting. I just want to know what happens with the murder of the annoying first brother!

Speaking of Lee Jae Wook, I think you once asked me once on a thread how the film Kill Bok Soon was (film that LJW cameo'ed in) since you said you don't often watch Korean films compared to dramas. I always wanted to reply, but I don't think I did. I'm not sure if you ended up watchiing it. I liked the premise of a world with assain guilds etc and the main character being an assasin that found killing people easier than raising a teenage daughter. The film turned out to be a bit too overdramatic to me, but I really llike LJW's cameo. He plays the younger version of a character (head of assasins) who falls in love with Bok Soon when they're teenagers. It happens when he is going to kill her dad, but then she agrees he should do it nonchalantly. He looks so floored when she agrees to it and they play this happy old school song and it's just clear that he's in love ('This guy's in love with you' by Herb Alpert). It was such a strange scene but really worked in this drama. :wow::laugh:

Rowoon's FM - Yeah, I'll let you know. I'm putting this boy on the side until he gets a haircut and goes back to the neat boy I preferred. God knows that'll probably be latter half of the year since I think he's keeping the long hair for the new drama as well.

Wait. What's wrong with his hair?! :MonkaTang:

More responses later. Gotta do some stuff :popcorn:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha am I so forgetable? I've been around more consistently lately!

LOL. This is a trick question that needs to be answered carefully. Friendship is on the line. HAHAHA! Nah, it was because you love to come to play when I'm asleep. I check JH when I wake up, then go to work. I can't answer during work hours unless WFH. During work hours, this thread went onto a new page and I got busy around that time, so I forgot.

You can't be mad at me (for real) because you've ignored so many of my tags before :laugh: I've immunity!

8 hours ago, JenL said:

Haha I'm still on episode 7. Now I'm trying to balance Queen of Tears / The Impossible Heir / Doctor Slump etc It's going to be on indefinite hiatus for awhile

Girl. Dr. Slump is over. The Impossible Heir also ends this week. You can add Moving back in!

8 hours ago, JenL said:

I just want to know what happens with the murder of the annoying first brother!

Me too. You know, if it isn't In Ha that set him up, then it would be In Ha's dad. Ah well, we'll find out this week.

8 hours ago, JenL said:

Speaking of Lee Jae Wook, I think you once asked me once on a thread how the film Kill Bok Soon was (film that LJW cameo'ed in) since you said you don't often watch Korean films compared to dramas. I always wanted to reply, but I don't think I did. I'm not sure if you ended up watchiing it. I liked the premise of a world with assain guilds etc and the main character being an assasin that found killing people easier than raising a teenage daughter. The film turned out to be a bit too overdramatic to me, but I really llike LJW's cameo. He plays the younger version of a character (head of assasins) who falls in love with Bok Soon when they're teenagers. It happens when he is going to kill her dad, but then she agrees he should do it nonchalantly. He looks so floored when she agrees to it and they play this happy old school song and it's just clear that he's in love ('This guy's in love with you' by Herb Alpert). It was such a strange scene but really worked in this drama.

LOL, yeah, what took you so long to reply? I didn't watch it yet. There are a fair few dramas/movies out on NF that I was not motivated to check it out. Kill Bok Soon is one of them because there's no oppa motivation, and I wasn't in the mood for gangster/violence/killing kind of story.

@abs-oluteM I did not realise The Chicken Nuggets is a drama. Can you give us a review when you start watching? I kinda can't get with the idea that Kim You Jung became a nugget.

8 hours ago, JenL said:

Wait. What's wrong with his hair?! 

I refuse to talk about it :cry:

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Ya sweetie here is back @JenL

This feels very quick! I also saw casting news, too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1
16 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

This feels very quick! I also saw casting news, too.

Yes...rom-com. FL is Lee Sun Bin ...hope it materialises . Regardless , I think he should rest and take on a project that is good. 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM I did not realise The Chicken Nuggets is a drama. Can you give us a review when you start watching? I kinda can't get with the idea that Kim You Jung became a nugget.

I watched half an episode. Then I stopped.

Movie would have been fine. But 10 episodes of people talking to a nugget head or trying to find a way to turn the nugget back into human!!! I fear for my brain.

And that looked more like sweet and sour pork then chicken nugget!

• Haha 3

@mademoiselle I saw clip where Soo Hyun explained how he and Hae In met 🤣 Director saw them and said "You two same age, be friends!" and they greeted each other awkwardly :lmao2:

Joong Ki likes golf too.

Btw Joong Ki said Arthdal Chronicles set was next to movie Start Up set. He was wearing long wig so he didn't want to go out 🤣 but he saw Ma Dong Seok and Choi Sung Eun wore weird wig for Start Up so he felt fine 😆 I wonder if he met Hae In too 🤔 because Hae In is also part of Start Up cast.

Edited by ssteph
Typo
  • Haha 4

My latest adoption. ....I can't even focus on other dramas ahahahahah...not just the face card but such a good actor. He can look sexy just resting his head on his hands. I am in love :laugh:

Spoiler

GI94kCKagAIYRxw?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@JenLreply you here haha... I'm watching 2 dating show now. My Sibling Romance and Exchange 3. MSR is because I was summoned by @Tofu and I have to admit it's super addictive, so they mix real life brother & sister keeping it as secret and confused them. All quite good looking and have interesting personality. 

As of drama I finally find my thing I think, Midnight Studio and Nothing Uncovered. Just few episodes but finally something that excite me. Midnight Studio is a bit like Master Sun, I really had no boring time watching it. Big thanks to @mademoiselle too as I didn't even know this drama exist if she didn't mentioned it lols.

As of Nothing Uncovered it's crime thriller that started a bit slow, but getting juicier the more it goes.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Chocolate @abs-oluteM @SilverMoonTea @JenL I've watched Exhuma. It's quite good. It's more thriller than horror (it does have ghost) and I didn't find it scary.

At one point, I was reminded of Revenant because the ghost also seek approval from the person to open the door to get in. It's a movie that requires people to know a bit more of the Korean and Japanese history, folklore, culture, fengshui and beliefs. The acting are all really good here. Narration is not perfect, but I'd give 8.5 or 9 and no less for acting, music score, and cinematography. The creation of that eerie/thrilling atmosphere was very well-done.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 3

@SilverMoonTea Are you shipping Kwon Nara with Joo Won? 😆 I find Nara amusing in the sense that she's quite a 4D/clumsy kind of girl and you can see that in that clip you posted too. As for Joo Won, I wish he kept his hair colour black instead of dyed in the drama!

@Tofu Is that LOEWE as well? Looks more like sweater for women than men.

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea Are you shipping Kwon Nara with Joo Won? 😆 I find Nara amusing in the sense that she's quite a 4D/clumsy kind of girl and you can see that in that clip you posted too. As for Joo Won, I wish he kept his hair colour black instead of dyed in the drama!

She's cute but don't think she like JW. Eventhough JW seems interested 😂 I need to stop shipping, none of it worked 😆

• Haha 4

On 3/23/2024 at 9:40 PM, mademoiselle said:

Is that LOEWE as well? Looks more like sweater for women than men.

Yes, it is! The outfit in the back with the gloves moving up the body was Beyonce's concert outfit. 

The big belt is what's trendy at the moment and what JW Anderson used in his new collection for Loewe. I think in other photos, you see Lei Lei walking around with JW Anderson. 

• Insightful 2

I don't know about quality drama since this show was abit of a snooze fest. But the men are handsome. . Wang Xing Yue looks so good and he looks older than Lei Lei though he's not.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Guyyyyssss I miss y'all :cry: Been working hard on stuff for a pay rise, so haven't had time to be here...and also I'm so behind on my dramas. But should be able to catch up on the long weekend!!! 

Anyway, just popping in to say hi! Now I need to watch the latest eps of Queen of Tears

• Heart Eyes 1