South Wind Knows 南风知我意 [2023]

NiteWalker

1 minute ago, Tofu said:

42 episodes?! 

I'm so used to these 24 episodes dramas lately that more than 30 just seems like a lot now. 

Hmm I also not sure will this drama show CY bedridden for like a good 30 eps? :shocked: 

Actually in ChangAn he also always get stabbed, and as result lying in bed frequently :KittyMummy:

Well I don't mind to see this OTP for 50 eps. They have lovely chemistry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

8 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Hmm I also not sure will this drama show CY bedridden for like a good 30 eps? :shocked: 

Actually in ChangAn he also always get stabbed, and as result lying in bed frequently :KittyMummy:

Well I don't mind to see this OTP for 50 eps. They have lovely chemistry.

i burst out laughing when I read that he will be bedridden for 30 episodes. You know if CY read this (my imagination running wild of course) he must be thinking, gee I better stop accepting this type of scripts....where either I get stabbed, killed, or incapacitated.

I know right, for a modern drama of this genre to have 42 episodes, geez, I can imagine the middle part will be time-fillers (mumbling to myself, dunno what stupid noble idiocy and/or miscommunication, slaps forehead). You are right though, since it's this two, I will grit my teeth and 忍 (tolerate).

• Haha 3
17 minutes ago, IpohBanana said:

where either I get stabbed, killed, or incapacitated.

I think Cheng Yi's specialty is to crying beautifully in the midst of pain. So he needs to have this type of script to bring out his charm on the screen. Not sure how he will do for pure romcom drama? 

From trailer seems like there is some funny moments, but also a lot of crying galore from both leads. Well what to do ? :idk:

I also wonder if the title have some deeper meaning ? South Wind Know My Moods a bit unusual. But this one adaptation from novel. So maybe it was explained there. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, IpohBanana said:

i burst out laughing when I read that he will be bedridden for 30 episodes. You know if CY read this (my imagination running wild of course) he must be thinking, gee I better stop accepting this type of scripts....where either I get stabbed, killed, or incapacitated.

I know right, for a modern drama of this genre to have 42 episodes, geez, I can imagine the middle part will be time-fillers (mumbling to myself, dunno what stupid noble idiocy and/or miscommunication, slaps forehead). You are right though, since it's this two, I will grit my teeth and 忍 (tolerate).

poor guy...he need something better than being stab all the times....lols

even in 'Stand by Me' he is stab and bed ridden too?

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

sigh poor ChengYi....

they really need to get him out of those type of roles........cant they give him a healthier role for goodness sake lols

You know the video clip reminded of what? @SilverMoonTea @NiteWalker the olden days drama where the guy has TB (tuberculosis), and is coughing to death...and he's broke, but he was formerly rich...and everything is going wrong for him. lol

Ya, @NiteWalker his role in SBM, he got lots of lying down time and he acts sickly towards the later part. Earlier on, he's fine, fights well, in fact so well that half the time, he protects the sword bearer, not the other way round. Apparently the antagonist taught him some basics, and he was so good that he mastered swordsmanship in 3 months what a normal person would have taken 3 years to do.

• Haha 3
10 minutes ago, IpohBanana said:

You know the video clip reminded of what? @SilverMoonTea @NiteWalker the olden days drama where the guy has TB (tuberculosis), and is coughing to death...and he's broke, but he was formerly rich...and everything is going wrong for him. lol

dont tell me....we call girls who cant protect themselves 'Damsel in distress' then what about guy? "Lord in Distress"????? :thinking:

11 minutes ago, IpohBanana said:

Ya, @NiteWalker his role in SBM, he got lots of lying down time and he acts sickly towards the later part. Earlier on, he's fine, fights well, in fact so well that half the time, he protects the sword bearer, not the other way round. Apparently the antagonist taught him some basics, and he was so good that he mastered swordsmanship in 3 months what a normal person would have taken 3 years to do.

i know....its almost inconsistent....i dunno they made the sword bearer role too naïve in my eyes that i couldnt very well relate to her....

• Haha 2
21 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

dont tell me....we call girls who cant protect themselves 'Damsel in distress' then what about guy? "Lord in Distress"????? :thinking:

i know....its almost inconsistent....i dunno they made the sword bearer role too naïve in my eyes that i couldnt very well relate to her....

:lmao2: Lord in distress.... actually what he lacks for in health, he more than makes up with brain-power.

As for her, I would say, to each his/her own. May not be everyone's cup of tea but she's certainly not the worst FL I have seen. 

Any news when this is going to air??

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@SilverMoonTea I just read the sypnosis from the novel that this drama is based on. Can I say it sounds even worse than SBM in terms of push and pull and angst? I've done up a screenshot for you, using Google Translate (you need it, ?, or you can read chinese, my bad, i've forgotten).

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

@IpohBananaThank you so much! I can't read Chinese lols. That's basically a 100% miserable story? :pandaheadstomp:

Looking at the trailer, the character all seems so sad. I think his mother not accepting their relationship, his brother and him also seems have problem. Not to mentioned he's laying on bed (again) almost all of the time. Seems the theme they're trying to send is "Love stay together, in health & sickness, in happy & sad moments". 

But I saw some comment saying the novel have happy ending tho. 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

@SilverMoonTea Gee, I certainly hope they end on a much happier and unambiguous ending (we have no idea how much of the novel will be adhered to, right). If not, I will be sending a few virtual slaps to the director/scriptwriter :laugh:

I'll hop over to watch the trailer, but the novel summary is truly miserable as you put it, coupled with the fact that today is a gloomy day (at my place right now), so it felt doubly gloomy. [I can't read as well, so I needed the translation.]

Edited: I'm back, watched the trailer. First impressions - is CY addicted to such scripts ah, where he has to cry heaps, lie in bed, look tormented? Or were they expecting SBY to do well and cajoled him to take on another drama with the FL as they knew fans would want to see them together again? (to milk the cow so to speak) 

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2