Ancient Love Poetry 千古玦尘 [2021]

15 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@NiteWalker -- I hope that it'll be a happy ending regardless because I'm not in the mood for sad or open ending. Haha!!

But more importantly, it's going to air on June 17th!!! I've been so busy this week at work but I will make time for this!

ooooooooooooooo

finally all the teaser and MV they give us the airing date!!!

• Party! 1

These are all the photos that were released yesterday and I think a few days ago. Ancient Love Poetry definitely step up their promotions within the last week. 

I also realized that I won't get to watch much of it because I'm having dinner with my BFF so I won't get home until later in the evening. :cry:

XpTr3RD.jpg

O3MJhKL.jpg

Female Characters.

Spoiler

jdXJqmW.jpg

mXmfJ5j.jpg

8tXG2jC.jpg

7lUj9TE.jpg

Male Characters.

Spoiler

zOmTr52.jpg

EsufdKA.jpg

q8eQNfD.jpg

joVZfge.jpg

h3LYWZC.jpg

GKZDoVh.jpg

xFF1j55.jpg

iN6BZlR.jpg

3pUCabk.jpg

mW62YJJ.jpg

2C2Ocfp.jpg

The Individual Posters.

Spoiler

6PU8ciR.jpg

vsVDWaF.jpg

osSdTOc.jpg

ogCGnrJ.jpg

hIjIvP3.jpg

VtTBopd.jpg

niTS46w.jpg

et4qEfn.jpg

lTaTrvu.jpg

3Mz2jBL.jpg

x44Gr2G.jpg

XkNUFgd.jpg

gXAsHfw.jpg

• Like 1

I saw a preview on instagram and I’m looking forward to watch this. I don’t know the leading actors and I’m not really into the male lead (he is handsome and can act but I’m just not into him) but I’m not a snob so I’ll be watching this. Based from the clips that I saw, I think the leads look great together and also the way they act.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tofu said:

I completely understand this. That's how I feel about him too. 

I'm on episode 9 now and although I still feel the same about the actor, his character and the way he's portraying it grew on me. As for the female lead, I can't gauge the depth of her connection to the character yet but she's cute and it's still early to judge her. I can't wait to watch how their love story goes.

11 hours ago, Tofu said:

The leading couple from the press conference. 

They're lovely! 

Edited by Olivia Kate
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, Olivia Kate said:

As for the female lead, I can't gauge the depth of her connection to the character yet but she's cute and it's still early to judge her. I can't wait to watch how their love story goes.

This... She's cute though... But I haven't get the "feel" from her..gonna continue to watch...currently at ep 6.

• Like 3

@Olivia Kate @Yana -- Definitely agreed with you guys on the connection between Zhou Dongyu and Shang Gu. It's definitely not because Zhou Dongyu is a bad actress, she's amazing but there's just something missing. 

Compared to the two other xianxia dramas I've watched this year (No Boundary and Miss the Dragon), Ancient Love Poetry is the superior one of the three. I think it's doing a wonderful job. I like the CGIs, the costume, etc. -- visually, everything is working for me. 

What I don't like about this drama is pretty simple -- the telling of the story. This is Shang Gu's journey to becoming one of the strongest goddess, to maintain the peace between all three realms; however, I think there's just a bit too much emphasis on the romance. It's not that I don't like the romance, I absolutely love watching Shang Gu and Bai Jue together, but I think that should not be the forefront of the story. I read that Zhou Dongyu and Xu Kai are getting a bit of heat for their acting, but I think it's fine. I don't have any issues with how they are acting minus the connection with Shang Gu that I've noticed. 

That being said, lots of things happened in the first 14 episodes. Bai Jue returned to the God Realm to become Shang Gu's master (well, more like he was tricked into it by Zhi Yang. Haha!). He is to help her unlock her spiritual powers and during this process, both of them developed feelings for each other. I like a little bit of a slow burner in the romance department so I felt that the feelings developed a little too early, but if we consider that we're going through a couple of lifetimes, I guess the pacing is adequate for a 49 episodes drama. 

I think majority of the characters have been introduced, with some still to be introduced as we get to the different lifetimes. The following are things I remember about each character, plus some of my thoughts. Haha! 

Four True Gods

Shang Gu

Zhi Yang -- Until Shang Gu gains the spiritual powers she needs to take over, he's the leader. 

Bai Jue -- Everyone refers to him as "Bing Kuai" which means ice cube. It's because he has a cold exterior but that's due to the way he was raised, almost to be ruthless. He's all about following the law and not deviating from it until he meets Shang Gu. Haha!

Tian Qi (Demon God) -- He's such a fun character and very likeable. He banters quite a bit with Bai Jue and loves Shang Gu. His relationship with Yue Mi is very endearing and I like watching them together. 

Goddesses/Gods

Yue Mi (I think she was swordsmanship?)

Xue Ying -- Goddess of Snow, in charge of the four season. She's in love with Bai Jue and her jealousy towards Shang Gu is her downfall. She scheme against Shang Gu every chance she gets. She was demoted to guard the Nether World when she instructed these two immortals to use this flower against Gu Jun (which backfired and set Tian Qi's home on fire). She ultimately returned back to the God Realm after she scheme with Xuan Yi. She becomes a spy and puppet for Xuan Yi. 

Gu Jun -- Discipline of Shang Gu. He is from the Sea Dragon Clan. 

Mu Guang -- Discipline of Yue Mi. He's from the Golden Dragon Clan. 

Divine Beast 

Wu Huan (Shang Gu) -- She killed Yue Mi (meant to kill Tian Qi but Yue Mi protected him) and lied about it. This is all because she's from a low-rank position in the Phoenix Clan and fear her place as divine beast will be taken once the Queen of the Phoenix Clan is reborn. The Phoenix Clan is where majority of the Chief God of Chaos's divine beasts have from come. Wu Huan turned greedy during the time Shang Gu was cultivating in the Nether World. She became so obsessed with people listening/obeying her. Shang Gu chose her as her divine beast because she wanted to break the stereotype that only high ranking people in the Phoenix Clan can become divine beast. Wu Huan goes and repay that kindness by falling into Xue Ying's trap and then lie about it when Bai Jue asked her too.  :pandarage2:

Hong Ri (Bai Jue) -- His special power is fire. 

Zi Han (Tian Qi) -- From the Demon Realm 

Villain

Xuan Yi -- Used to be the Chief God of Chaos before he turned greedy and fell, he's currently locked up in the Nether World

Mo Yu (Works for Xuan Yi)

I'm still a bit heartbroken over what happened in episode 14 with Yuemi and Tianqi. They were two of the characters I loved watching. I am hoping both will return later on, please don't let this be the end of it for them. :taebtsbeg:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
4 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@Olivia Kate @Yana -- Definitely agreed with you guys on the connection between Zhou Dongyu and Shang Gu. It's definitely not because Zhou Dongyu is a bad actress, she's amazing but there's just something missing. 

Compared to the two other xianxia dramas I've watched this year (No Boundary and Miss the Dragon), Ancient Love Poetry is the superior one of the three. I think it's doing a wonderful job. I like the CGIs, the costume, etc. -- visually, everything is working for me. 

What I don't like about this drama is pretty simple -- the telling of the story. This is Shang Gu's journey to becoming one of the strongest goddess, to maintain the peace between all three realms; however, I think there's just a bit too much emphasis on the romance. It's not that I don't like the romance, I absolutely love watching Shang Gu and Bai Jue together, but I think that should not be the forefront of the story. I read that Zhou Dongyu and Xu Kai are getting a bit of heat for their acting, but I think it's fine. I don't have any issues with how they are acting minus the connection with Shang Gu that I've noticed. 

That being said, lots of things happened in the first 14 episodes. Bai Jue returned to the God Realm to become Shang Gu's master (well, more like he was tricked into it by Zhi Yang. Haha!). He is to help her unlock her spiritual powers and during this process, both of them developed feelings for each other. I like a little bit of a slow burner in the romance department so I felt that the feelings developed a little too early, but if we consider that we're going through a couple of lifetimes, I guess the pacing is adequate for a 49 episodes drama. 

I think majority of the characters have been introduced, with some still to be introduced as we get to the different lifetimes. The following are things I remember about each character, plus some of my thoughts. Haha! 

Four True Gods

Shang Gu

Zhi Yang -- Until Shang Gu gains the spiritual powers she needs to take over, he's the leader. 

Bai Jue -- Everyone refers to him as "Bing Kuai" which means ice cube. It's because he has a cold exterior but that's due to the way he was raised, almost to be ruthless. He's all about following the law and not deviating from it until he meets Shang Gu. Haha!

Tian Qi (Demon God) -- He's such a fun character and very likeable. He banters quite a bit with Bai Jue and loves Shang Gu. His relationship with Yue Mi is very endearing and I like watching them together. 

Goddesses/Gods

Yue Mi (I think she was swordsmanship?)

Xue Ying -- Goddess of Snow, in charge of the four season. She's in love with Bai Jue and her jealousy towards Shang Gu is her downfall. She scheme against Shang Gu every chance she gets. She was demoted to guard the Nether World when she instructed these two immortals to use this flower against Gu Jun (which backfired and set Tian Qi's home on fire). She ultimately returned back to the God Realm after she scheme with Xuan Yi. She becomes a spy and puppet for Xuan Yi. 

Gu Jun -- Discipline of Shang Gu. He is from the Sea Dragon Clan. 

Mu Guang -- Discipline of Yue Mi. He's from the Golden Dragon Clan. 

Divine Beast 

Wu Huan (Shang Gu) -- She killed Yue Mi (meant to kill Tian Qi but Yue Mi protected him) and lied about it. This is all because she's from a low-rank position in the Phoenix Clan and fear her place as divine beast will be taken once the Queen of the Phoenix Clan is reborn. The Phoenix Clan is where majority of the Chief God of Chaos's divine beasts have from come. Wu Huan turned greedy during the time Shang Gu was cultivating in the Nether World. She became so obsessed with people listening/obeying her. Shang Gu chose her as her divine beast because she wanted to break the stereotype that only high ranking people in the Phoenix Clan can become divine beast. Wu Huan goes and repay that kindness by falling into Xue Ying's trap and then lie about it when Bai Jue asked her too.  :pandarage2:

Hong Ri (Bai Jue) -- His special power is fire. 

Zi Han (Tian Qi) -- From the Demon Realm 

Villain

Xuan Yi -- Used to be the Chief God of Chaos before he turned greedy and fell, he's currently locked up in the Nether World

Mo Yu (Works for Xuan Yi)

I'm still a bit heartbroken over what happened in episode 14 with Yuemi and Tianqi. They were two of the characters I loved watching. I am hoping both will return later on, please don't let this be the end of it for them. :taebtsbeg:

Yesss.... Like u have mentioned, I love the productions. Its really hight budget drama... All the CGI, costumes really well done. It's just something missing like you said... Judging from early episode this drama look straight forward I haven't move from ep6... Hopefully will continue today. Some of mentioned yue mi and tian qi.... Hope they will return later in future eps... Who knows....

BTW, how good is no boundary? Its in my list but haven't got the chance to watch it

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Yana said:

Some of mentioned yue mi and tian qi.... Hope they will return later in future eps... Who knows....

Same, I hope they return too! I think how it ended was a bit tragic so I want them to come back again -- someone still has to be the Demon God, right? :cry:

19 minutes ago, Yana said:

BTW, how good is no boundary? Its in my list but haven't got the chance to watch it

The beginning was great but once both leads got together, it just wasn't that good anymore. It was a bit all over the place. I would say, if you have a lot of time, give it a shot. If you have other dramas on your list, maybe start with those first? Haha!!

Weibo Updates!

xZTzSwL.jpg

x5wekQX.jpg

Spoiler

ULLOuD8.jpg

This scene. :pandasadspoon:

Spoiler

CRAAl8r.jpg

Episode 15 Preview

Spoiler

Episode 16 Preview

Spoiler

Episode 17 Preview

Spoiler

Episode 18 Preview 

Spoiler

Episode 19 Preview

Spoiler

Episode 20 Preview

Spoiler

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Yana said:

This... She's cute though... But I haven't get the "feel" from her..gonna continue to watch...currently at ep 6.

She was devastated when TQ and YM died but to be honest I wasn’t able to feel the sadness on that scene although she was crying. It’s weird😅 but I love their love story to the extent that I slept around 3AM just to watch until ep 14.😊

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

I'm still a bit heartbroken over what happened in episode 14 with Yuemi and Tianqi. They were two of the characters I loved watching. I am hoping both will return later on, please don't let this be the end of it for them. 

I would love to see them again! To the extent that I’ll throw logic just to see them back😂. They’re fun to watch, it’s an ice breaker to the scheming ways of XY.😊

• Like 1