Voice 4 : Judgement Hours 보이스4: 심판의 시간 [2021]

I finished eps 13 - So I am a bit confused with regards to DBM's true personality - so was he really not aware of the other alters or he was pretending so that he can just say it is a mental illness? Or his original self created a "kind/ innocent" DBM to fool the rest of the world?

I actually had to close my eyes during Dae Sik's stabbing scenes - I am usually fine with violence since I think I have been so desensitized over the years. But I was so upset that he got injured so bad again. :cry:. Kudos to Lee Kyu Hyung for doing such a fine job. Alternating between so many personalities is truly a talent. 

------------------

Anyhow , I went and check some spoilers for eps 14

Phew!

Spoiler

Wow this was a good fight scene

Happy send off for Derek & Chad

Spoiler

Oh my...I think there will be S5

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I finished eps 13 - So I am a bit confused with regards to DBM's true personality - so was he really not aware of the other alters or he was pretending so that he can just say it is a mental illness? Or his original self created a "kind/ innocent" DBM to fool the rest of the world?

The personality everyone knew was an  ALTERNATE PERSONALITY.  The real Dong Bang Min lacked empathy due to the abuse he had to endure and see. I think the real Dong Bang-Min hasn't realized that he too was a victim instead of someone who was forced to be the person he is now. When he said he created these personalities as way to survive , I think something else kind broke  in him and had him thought he did it on purpose. 

@ktcjdrama I was sad that happen too chingu. Why bring him back just to kill him :pandasad:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Check this OST  I love this this one 

The ending was done well and I hope we get info that there will be a season 5 with DEREK. 

• Like 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Happily... Dae-shik survives the stabbing and lives to enjoy a bit of banter with Chad and Derek. He wants in back on the team which is good. If he comes back in another season, can they please don't turn him into a bloody mess again?

The thing that they should really do is torch the entire Sonang Village which is an abomination and rebuild it into a decent self-run housing community for those who really have nowhere to go. It was the village from hell.

The way the season ended was okay but for those who didn't watch last season, it's going to be a head-scratcher. But the short of it looks more and more like Kang Kwon-joo and other kids with head cases were experimented on. That's how she and Dong Bang-min met as kids. The woman who made her appearance at the end of S3 must be the one behind all the nutty stuff in the rehab hospital in the mountains.

Yes... everyone... we have an open ending that leads into another season.

Have I said before how amazing Lee Kyu-hyung has been playing 5 different people?

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

@40somethingahjummaI guess when people asked, indeed they must at least watch V1 or V3. I skipped V2, but still know about Fabre organization that apparently appear again on the ending of V4. 

@UnniSaraFirst time I'm happy with hanging ending, as Derek should appear again, or else it will be awkward. Felt sad for him, being shocked with his partner suddenly decided to dissapear, just with promise, "I will comeback". If there is no S5 it will be weird and the case is still not closed. 

@abs-oluteMYes DBM original personality also cold & cruel. So it should not diminished his responsibility towards the crime he did. I like the overall message in the end, that family is pillar of society. Once it crumbled, our society also in danger. 

@DarkarcanaSasako Ritsuki character introduced towards the ending, any idea if she's related to Kaneki or KW?

BJS really never die isn't he 😅. Was waiting for him to appear, so a bit shocked that he last minute showman lols. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

- And... we have to rewatch the stabbing of Dae Sik at the beginning of ep.14... I grimaced with pain.

- But still admiring LKH so much for his portrayal of DBM. I thought no one could ever rival Mo Tae Gu but DBM really came very close.

- I had to roll my eyes when the police threw that important original evidence to the villagers so they can have a look at it. Are they not afraid of the irrational villagers destroying the evidence against DBHY? 

- Can't help but wonder what does the F stand for in the name of the children hospital... hm... Fabre?

- I appreciate that we get to know the reasons behind the Christmas string lights. 

- The face-off between Derek an DBM is great, but oh man, is Derek allowed to shoot DBM so many times like that?...

- What was that ending... it's creepy... I know they're setting up for the next season but still quite creepy for me that Kang is willing to go with these people just like that??

Overall, it was a truly great season! I'd say it's the best written one. Can't wait for season 5!

And a special applause for Lee Kyu Hyung :pandachamp::wow2::hearties:

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Clapping Hands 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I also found the ending is mind blowing, disturbing, but also very aesthetic at the same time? 

Haha yes... in a different setting and context, I would pay money for that swirl of an ear design. 

I found it creepy because she left everything behind to follow them, including her phone!

• Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

8 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

BJS really never die isn't he 😅. Was waiting for him to appear, so a bit shocked that he last minute showman lols. 

In S3 he was the one who shot DKW and then he met that woman and went into hiding. 

Dr Fabre is related to Kaneki that’s for sure.

• Like 3

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

the late episode was just awesome and has me wondering who played Dr. Lee. I hope they pick a good actress who can talk English very well. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148869b884964f73ffc4dd2

Doesn’t he look familiar? Voice Season 2??? Thanks @Darkarcana  for the name of the guy below. It seems I will

have to go watch season 2 &3 

It has me wondering if all serial cases have any connection  to Kwon Joo ??

Spoiler

Chad is a good friend to Derek 

letting him Know that Kwon Joo may be in danger. 

@ktcjdrama @abs-oluteM @SilverMoonTea 

• Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

I am finally done. I liked the ending - there were some clear resolutions. Dong Bang Min has to pay for his crimes , and I appreciated that his original self was actually well aware of what the alters were doing and was responsible for the murders. Though it would be interesting (if they had more episodes)  where his original self was not aware and he ended up escaping jail time  and goes to a psychiatric hospital instead. But of course this way Derek is not left hanging and gets closure for his sister's death. The fight scene between the two at the end was very good. Kudos to both SSH and LKH. Though I still think that Kim Jae Wook's - Moo Tae Goo has the edge where villains are concern, I agree with @40somethingahjumma that LKH did a superb job playing 5 different characters. 

The pleasant surprise for me in this 4th instalment was them bringing back DaeSik's character. My heart broke in S1 and was so glad they redeemed him in this season. DS was trained by the Mad Dog himself ( Jang Hyuk) and is a good cop. I loved that they gave him a critical role to play in exposing grandfather Dong . This guy has 9 lives or something....how many times does he need to get stabbed. I am assuming that if there is S5 , he will be back too. In fact I hope the entire team will reprise their roles including Derek and Agent Han. 

I know on MDL , some didn't like this show and felt that the drama has lost its touch. I personally enjoyed it and would welcome S5 where we can finally find out more about Kwan Joo's hearing abilities. And seems like there are a few more like her who can do this. Would be interesting in the  next season if we get to see who the others are. 

@UnniSaraI did not watch S2 ( okay I watch maybe the 1st 4 eps ) and S3 (not at all). So I don't know if I will need to watch them going into S5.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

14 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I know on MDL , some didn't like this show and felt that the drama has lost its touch. I personally enjoyed it and would welcome S5

Some of the Chinese viewers expressed dislike of this season also. For me, having watched all seasons, I'd say this one is more coherent in terms of the story-telling. Nothing can beat season 1 of course, but I have to say some of the police procedurals there made me roll my eyes whereas in this season 4, that hardly happened. If I have to rank, I would put the season as 1, 4, 3, 2 for overall watch. 1 and 4 being very very close tie.

• Clapping Hands 3

MTDzeiV.gif

28 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

i did not watch S2 ( okay I watch maybe the 1st 4 eps ) and S3 (not at all). So I don't know if I will need to watch them going into S5.

If I recall it correctly BJS was in jail for S3 then he said some weird stuff about Kang Woo aka kosuke. Then because of this he broke out of the jail and jumped down the cliff never to be heard until the end.

BJS somehow knows Kosuke & Kaneki very very well (like he knows they love pretty ears), in turn this might be connected to auction Fabre. So…pretty much that’s it, I don’t think you need to watch S3 or S2. BJS in s2 basically shows you that he is kinda similar to kosuke & Kaneki cause he would kill and put fingers in the box etc. That’s it lol

other than our miss ears, bjs is the very next person who is pretty much in all seasons. Wonder why he never dies. Lmao

• Insightful 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

45 minutes ago, Darkarcana said:

other than our miss ears, bjs is the very next person who is pretty much in all seasons. Wonder why he never dies. Lmao

He was the main villain in S2?

@ktcjdrama @SilverMoonTeaanother complain I read was that SSH was under utilized and that I think they wanted his character to be more complex or twisted. I personally like that he was "normal" despite the hard childhood he had. There's a reason why Kwan Joo said he was the best partner - duty always came first before his personal vendetta. He was skilled in many ways and I love that he is calm in how he dealt with things. Which reminds me that I was happy the drama did not forget about his stepdad at the end. Some closure for that too. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

25 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

If I have to rank, I would put the season as 1, 4, 3, 2 for overall watch. 1 and 4 being very very close tie.

I have to agree to your ranking of the Season. I just couldn’t get into it and had no interest of S2 &3. I felt the acting was bit to dramatic with Kwon Joo’s partner for S2 & 3. The story for those season also didn’t flow right. @ktcjdrama.  @Darkarcana me too 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well just to put it out there to be fair to him. Giving Kosuke a little spotlight. Have to understand that the story is set on the fact that there is a ticking time bomb in his head. Occasionally he lost himself. A mentally struggling man. Added on with the fact that the villains they themselves also are just as crazy. So people got to act extravagantly and perhaps more dramatic. You will not be as calm fine & cool if your brain is about to explode yeah. So I applaud their acting for that and I find it ok but frustrating. That said I understand that there are people who might not accept it, but his story itself is quite a open & shut case. S3 is more on the character development story, so i generally enjoy the derailed storyline aspect from the voice franchise. Perhaps it tries to be different because this franchise is also down to usual structure of the two leads we are gonna investigate.

Then back to S4, I enjoy the episodes, finally they focus more on her. It was fun, I want to know more about Fabre though, to see what we can get. Cause it is stated Auction Fabre is as big as an iceberg yet everyone in this franchise are just at the tip of it. That mysterious woman was in control of pretty much all the villains..she is just too powerful..

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

@abs-oluteMYes I'm aware of some critics about Derek's character compared to Moo Jin Hyuk and Doo Kang Woo. That he seems to be less effective and lack of special charm. I think it's not totally baseless, but I also found it endearing that he's kind of normal traditional detective with strong sense of justice. 

And even Circus Man DID also have some critics saying that the production team didn't fully utilized the character so it less fearful and remained as ambiguous villain. 

Park Eun Soo character also should go down to the field to pacified lady victim. But Saet Byul bonded better with Derek and he's more impressive on handling her. 

There is other critics too, but it's a bit hard to translate accurately. So can go to this to view :

Source : Link 

I think the critics do have valid points. But nevertheless, I enjoyed this drama so much. I think the strong point is that they do have a clear story telling, able to engage viewers with all the cases and connected well with the main villain's story. Also the way they make it hanging ending, was beautifully done and open up to possible great new season. The production team should take all the notes above and improve further to enhance S5 if it will ever be produced. 

As much as how I'm biased with my love to SSH. V1 still is the best as its very original and still the most thrilling , followed by V4. And last is V3. I didn't watched V2. 

• Clapping Hands 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

38 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

another complain I read was that SSH was under utilized and that I think they wanted his character to be more complex or twisted. I personally like that he was "normal" despite the hard childhood he had. There's a reason why Kwan Joo said he was the best partner - duty always came first before his personal vendetta. He was skilled in many ways and I love that he is calm in how he dealt with things.

I would say he's the best partner ever too, and he works well with the rest of the team members. I love him! Smart, observant, fit to fight, although he has his outburst of anger but he always was able to control it and do the right thing, and he knows when to stop KKJ too from overdoing things too. They work well together.

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

I think it is very interesting how there is such a diversity of opinions about the Voice franchise. Most people would agree that S1 is the best. But it is surprising how diverse the views are regarding 2, 3 and 4. 

For me as someone who watched every single season I am well aware that a lot of people didn't watch S3 or weren't happy with it. But I enjoyed every season because hey, I'm a sucker for crazy serial killer stories. I do think though that as a whole I prefer Voice when it is focused on the individual Code Zero rescue attempts. I think this is where Voice distinguishes itself from other police procedurals. That said, the serial killer arc has always been a staple in Voice even if things go violently insane.

What I really liked about S4 is the teamwork. For the first time, everyone in the team worked well together with no kind of hidden agenda or overt opposition to Kwon-joo. Sure, there was some suspicion initially but as a whole, the procedural side of things more or less made sense, felt less over-the-top. I suspect this is why some people found it less thrilling because they liked the frantic melodrama of previous seasons which led to conflict especially within the dispatch team. Here Derek had no secret or hidden agenda that could destabilize the team. Not really. And there was no relentless official opposition from the top to the Golden Time Team. Nothing like S1 or even S2. They made some changes... good ones... that made the team feel a lot more professional and unified. 

The only thing that I felt was overmuch was how every single case was somehow related to family dysfunction and domestic violence. I think there's a place for it but at times it did stretch my sense of credulity. I know there's suppose to be a lesson there for the viewers to show greater care for families and it's a message I can get behind but the whole nature vs nurture thing can get old. Every season just about has been hammering home the point.

• Clapping Hands 4

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.