A Gentleman and A Young Lady [2022]

The amnesia brings out the younger YG personality is fantastic! It gives the opportunity to bring out suppressed emotions of younger YG. That does include he sticky relationship with screeching Mistress.

I have to say this… that handkerchief is going to blow by in upcoming episodes and YG will snap back to reality. :lmao2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

11 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

They are falling in love all over again. With YG's younger character, there is no age gap.

Finally something to look forward to because episode 17 was depressing tbh 😂.

Just a thought though, I think that Wang Dae ran wouldn’t have brought SR back if YG didn’t lose his memory and tried to kick her out. It was only when YG tried to kick her out and found out her gold and money was stolen did she made plans. Or was I wrong? 🤔🧐

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images, videos, instas, etc. Delete them from the quote. Thanks.
  • Like 2

Dugun-dugun... goes YG’s heart 😄

The brain doesn’t remember but the heart does 😃 LOL, he even cannot bring himself to kiss his “bride-to-be”, but just the sight of DD sent his heart racing. 

I am having a good time seeing how Sara and Dae Ran tried to deceive YG, and yet somehow their plan always fail 😂 Well, except on getting AK kicked out of the house. But she has her own story arc to go through, so she needs to be out of the house and be closer proximity to the husband whom she left. 

And yes, Sara will definitely need a huge redemption arc because what she agreed to do with Dae Ran is just so low. 

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

11 hours ago, laurisse said:

Just a thought though, I think that Wang Dae ran wouldn’t have brought SR back if YG didn’t lose his memory and tried to kick her out. It was only when YG tried to kick her out and found out her gold and money was stolen did she made plans. Or was I wrong? 🤔🧐

Totally. DR figured that with YG having lost his memories, that he would be easy to manipulate. Her (and SRa's) goal is to get SRa married to YG as soon as possible. Once legally married, even if YG regains his memories, they think that there will be little YG can do. He can't even get a divorce from SRa unless she agrees to it.

Is it possible to dislike SRa, her mother, and DR even more than I do now? Just all of them, total ick.

14 hours ago, Mizv said:

I have to say this… that handkerchief is going to blow by in upcoming episodes and YG will snap back to reality. 

I think you're right. It's just a matter of how long they're going to drag it out before YG snaps back to reality.

Thank goodness for the ending scene of episode 18. Watching SRa being a total liar and YG going along with it was really vomit-inducing.

16 hours ago, laurisse said:

I agree so much with this! Since she gets a character development sometime in the future, I’m hoping that Gun gives up on his feelings and SR realizes her feelings for Gun. Then Gun gives her a hard time before getting back together.  I’m so hoping for this! 

That might actually be a part of that redemptive arc for SRa. One of the things that is so frustrating about her, and other characters like her, is that they seem to be going after the "happily ever after" ending. The problem is that life goes on even after the "ending" that they want, and they have to deal with the consequences, however, they never think about that. For some reason, once they reach their objective, everyone else is supposed to be stupid and fall into line for her.  It's just so stupid. 

14 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

Really the way she left her newborn at the house's door is so cruel. She wants him to grow up rich? How about him calling her "mother"? How was she able to see him in front of her without confessing that she is his mom? This is heartless.

Yes, it is cruel and heartless. But, I guess that's indicative of SRa's personality?

I hated having her yell at SC in the preview, too.

• Like 3

Preview for ep 19

JN: What is it that you want to say that you asked us all to gather up?
SRa: I can’t even stay here 24 hours a day to keep an eye on that chit.
SC: You want me to quit as of today?
Supervisor: I’m sorry about that. They said that they’re cutting back, so what could I do?
Woman: How can such trash like you be selling here? I’m going to report you to the police.
DB: Report us. Report us!
SRa Mom: I buried it here, so where did it go?
DR: Omo! My babies! Really!
SRa: How dare you talk back to an adult? You’re even a lousy student! Really!
DD: Please don’t be so harsh to Se Chan.
SRa: Are you daring to say something to me, Teacher Park?! Do you think you can teach me as well?! How dare you go above yourself?

Grrrr. I think YG is about to tell his kids that he's going to marry SRa? Though, I hope not. Also, I hope YG sees SRa's temper tantrum at being asked not to be mean to Se Chan. SRa is just a monster on a rampage.

• Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Grrrr. I think YG is about to tell his kids that he's going to marry SRa? T

This is what I’m afraid of 😭 

50 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Also, I hope YG sees SRa's temper tantrum at being asked not to be mean to Se Chan. SRa is just a monster on a rampage.

I hope YG sees it too. And hopefully YG will start to question about things that don’t make sense looking back at his memories and the lies he was told. YG, JEBAL, use your brain a little bit! Just talk to your lawyer and he will answer everything. Lol 😂 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Thank goodness for the ending scene of episode 18. Watching SRa being a total liar and YG going along with it was really vomit-inducing.

:lmao2:

omg.   Now I totally agree. Just finished the episode 18.  It’s the stupidest plot line.

the lawyer knows about YG relationship. the housekeeper should be surprised as well.  Such a dumb storyline with Sara engagement.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, laurisse said:

I hope YG sees it too. And hopefully YG will start to question about things that don’t make sense looking back at his memories and the lies he was told. YG, JEBAL, use your brain a little bit! Just talk to your lawyer and he will answer everything. Lol 😂 

Exactly! 22 year old YG is headstrong, more outspoken, and more casual in his demeanor, but he's still basically the same good guy with a good brain. So, now he just needs to start putting things together to realize that he's being played!

16 minutes ago, Mizv said:

omg.   Now I totally agree. Just finished the episode 18.  It’s the stupidest plot line.

the lawyer knows about YG relationship. the housekeeper should be surprised as well.  Such a dumb storyline with Sara engagement.  

Yes. YH in his right mind was totally not attracted to SRa, so it was a bit surprising that 22 year old YG found SRa to be pretty and sexy. However, at least even YG questioned whether he would really have been dating SRa so soon after his wife had passed away. Of course, SRa's response was to say that his wife had entrusted him and the children to her, but really, that's just so stupid.

By episode 20, the plot had better have YG stop being so stupid and realize that DR and SRa are liars.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Mizv said:

Totally! It does have a stupid storyline but weekend family dramas tend to be like this--most of them. We can be relieved that Lawyer Ko knows the truth at least. But if YG had admitted to DD being his girlfriend to AK, this fraudulent situation wouldn't happen. :lmao2:  I don't think that Ms. Yeoju (housekeeper) would be surprised since she saw Ms. Cho hugging YG in the middle of the night and jumped to conclusions thinking they were involved. If anything, this would just solidify SR and Madam Wang's claims. :nervous: I got so frustrated the Ms. Yeoju seeing that because why couldn't she come earlier though? If she did, she'd know the truth as well and maybe gain another supportive ally for DD.

Yes. YH in his right mind was totally not attracted to SRa, so it was a bit surprising that 22 year old YG found SRa to be pretty and sexy.

I don't think that YG is really attracted to SR in the real sense. Since he is in his 20s, he just might be liking the fact that he got a pretty girlfriend as he is bratty, and doesn't think things through and most guys at that age tend to be immature and superficial. At least, we got the scene where his heart beats for DD even though he finds her kind of annoying. :love:

By episode 20, the plot had better have YG stop being so stupid and realize that DR and SRa are liars.

I am hoping for this as well. Fingers-crossed! :wow2:

spacer.png

Edited by laurisse
  • Like 2

SRa and DR are just yuck. I laughed when YG couldn't bring himself to kiss SRa and ended up pushing her away. Then despite being alone with her, he just wants to go home.

And then there is the movie date. Seriously, the way she was acting, it just felt really annoying. Heck, she's out with a guy who basically told her that he's not attracted to her in any way. What makes her think that acting cozy and clingy was going to get him to change his mind?

Anyway, seems that he wants to push off the wedding, but in the preview DR is going to try to take him to task for not fulfilling his obligations. I seriously hope that YG finishes kicking DR out of the house. Maybe she could go live with SRyun.

I had high hopes for SRyun and DB, but it seems that they haven't actually learned anything from their experiences.

• Clapping Hands 1
5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I laughed when YG couldn't bring himself to kiss SRa and ended up pushing her away.

Yup, and not this once, but twice. I was so worried already and burst into laughters when he pushed her till she fell on the ground :lmao2: but seriously, this girl has no shame at all, deceiving a "handicapped" person. Don't even get me started on her thieving mother. I really have no idea how writer-nim is going to write the redemption for them both. 

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I had high hopes for SRyun and DB, but it seems that they haven't actually learned anything from their experiences.

Me too. Super disappointed with the two of them. DB even left the food truck like that. Isn't that money invested too? The meat was even still on the grill, and they went for a swim and wine? The young Mirin and Jun Oh are way more responsible than them. Them taking time to learn new skills, Mirin working a proper job. 

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

On 11/27/2021 at 6:59 AM, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

un is wearing a suit in the preview. Is he in YK's company? He passes by Sara.

He was interviewing for a position as a driver at the company.

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

this girl has no shame at all, deceiving a "handicapped" person. Don't even get me started on her thieving mother. I really have no idea how writer-nim is going to write the redemption for them both. 

That girl has no shame at all. She justifies it by saying that she's doing it for Se Jong's sake. I wish she would stop. If it's really for SJ, then reveal herself as SJ's mother already rather than having SJ look at her with so much disdain and disinterest.

As for her thief mother, I really wonder about her character. She leeches off her daughter and her friends, and sees nothing wrong with it. At least, it's pricking her conscience to be an outright thief, though I'm really hoping that she gets caught out as a thief.

DB even left the food truck like that. Isn't that money invested too? The meat was even still on the grill, and they went for a swim and wine?

I can't root for them to be together any more. I really think that they both need to separate and just grow up already. DB's abandonment of the food truck even as the meat is grilling is just stupid. And, yes, DB and Gun asked for money from their relatives to make one last attempt at running their own business, and DB ends up abandoning it.

I almost hope that DB and SRyun do get married, and have to live in a small place with SRyun's mother. The three of them can just get on each other's nerves, as they would in real life. I would toss SRa and her mother, but I can't get over the fact that SRa is supposed to have a romance with Gun at some point and I don't want him to be unhappy. Blech.

The young Mirin and Jun Oh are way more responsible than them. Them taking time to learn new skills, Mirin working a proper job. 

I do like this pairing. And, I agree that so far, they are the most reasonable and balanced of couples. Though once their respective family relationships come out, it'll get hard for them as well.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Wow. SRa really shouldn't be a parent at all. I can't believe her yelling at Se Chan. Had a bit of time so turned on episode 19 in the background since I had fast forwarded so much of it before. This time, I caught all of SRa being a total monster to both Se Chan and Se Jong, even if in different ways.

The things that SRa said to SC were so mean, things that an adult really shouldn't say to a child. And then hitting SC as well. I got so furious watching those scenes! I wanted to land a couple of good jabs at SRa and give her a bloody nose. 

Also, telling SJ to not apologize and that he did nothing wrong when SJ wanted to apologize. What an absolute witch she is.

Even if SJ is her kid, if she had actually raised him, she would have ended up raising a terrible child who probably would have become an absolute narcissistic monster.

I really, really, really don't want her with Gun. He deserves someone so much better. Plus, she would ruin any children that she might have in the future as well.

SRa is just so repulsive. Those scenes of her with the children has totally pushed me over the edge. I really find any ending for her unacceptable except the one where she is alone and has to live with her equally repulsive mother for the rest of their unnatural lives.

Btw, I think the actress is fine. Perhaps it's good that she's not so immersed in the role that it's difficult to separate the actress from the character. I really don't know what the writer was thinking to make her such a repulsive, child-abusing character when she's supposed to be salvaged at some point.

• Like 2

I predict the amnesia plot will remain until episode 40s, just because it is a main plot mentioned plainly in the promotion. In the meantime, YG will go back and forth about his growing affection for DD and “obligation” of marriage to SR. And SR will go back and forth between wanting to marry YG and wanting to be with Gun. Pretty sure YG will not be back to his 40s self anytime soon. Obviously at this point I think Gun is too good for her. But he has clearly fallen for her, so he will continue to be around for her. I really hope the writer is able to give us an acceptable and reasonable redemption on SR. Please. 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

I don’t like DD’s stepmom but what Anna Kim is doing is just too much for me. 🤮 I don’t think that anything she’s going to do will make up for everything that Soochul had to go through. Plus, he’s already married! What is she planning to do? Get him back? A home wrecker in the making? 🥴

• Sad 2

I had a lot of good laughs watching ep.21-22.

- Enjoy seeing Sara’s frustrations because of YG’s attitude and behavior 🤣 I think she won’t be able to stand it for long and might give up sooner than we thought. The way he pushed her out the cab 🤣
- Love seeing how YG is constantly on DD’s trail because he is drawn to her, and the jealous mode is on. He cannot stop thinking of her. DD is not responding of course because she thought he was a two-timer, but YG just go with his heart, although sometimes still falls into manipulation of the witches.  
- The writer has created a way to insert Gun into Sara’s life. He is now the driver of the company, and substituting the injured family driver for 2 weeks. He and Sara will meet next week and he will know the person Sara is supposedly going to marry is YG. There’s an unexpected bromance developing between YG and Gun as well.
- I love the amnesiac YG because he is more candid and compassionate. Not the rigid and awkward person we saw earlier. He was able to evaluate himself too about how lacking he’s been as a father to his children. 
- Skipped through DB-SR arc. Foolish shallow people. Can’t believe I once was rooting for them to be together. It will take some big transformation/events before I can root for them again. 
- Anna Kim trying to get SC to go with her and DD to the US?? Hm, not sure how to feel about that and who to root for, especially if she is not coming clean with her real identity yet. YS being an irritable person doesn’t help either. But, I think at the end of the day, SC will choose YS over AK no matter what. That’s a 27 years of marriage there, compared to the x-years he was with AK before she left. And it seems that a serious sickness is being written for AK? That will probably serve as the plot to reveal her identity?

Edited by ktcjdrama

MTDzeiV.gif