A Gentleman and A Young Lady [2022]

Another enjoyable episode. The last part was so funny I was smiling and grinning while watching. Dan Dan so pretty :wow: YG: “I am going to like Teacher Park. I will not call her noona anymore.” 😆 so that’s why they were overdoing it with the “noona” calling. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

19 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

Do any of you recognize the Louis Armstrong's song in the background?

What scene was it playing in?

15 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

Sara is despicable, I can't stand her anymore. Now I no longer ship her with poor Gun.

You've finally come to see the light. SRa is despicable and truly the most wretched, amoral, delusional piece of work. She's so set on becoming a family of 3 with YG and SJ, despite the fact that neither YG or SJ even like her. If she was just delusional, however, it may be forgivable, but her plans to ship YG's kids overseas to study as soon as she gains the position of wife pretty much objectifies and dehumanizes the children and shows no consideration of them at all. Even Se Jong isn't real for her, rather he's an object of her own ambition. If SJ had been a real child to her, then she would have taken better care of him and cultivated a relationship rather than being seen as a nagging taskmaster who insisted that SJ be a narcissistic brat with his eyes on gaining wealth and power, despite the fact that he's only 6 years old.

As for shipping with Gun, I started objecting to that a long time ago. Gun has shown himself to be a decent, hard working guy. No way should he be saddled with that poor excuse for a human.

On the other hand, I've been thinking of how hard this amnesia line is for the 3 children. In a way, it's entertaining to see a YG fall for a "first love", however, the truth of the matter is that he had fallen in love with the children's mother and had a life with her and the children. That their father is unable to remember their mother must be such a blow to the kids. Even if the intended bride is DD rather than SRa, from the kids' perspective, it would be hard to see their mother so erased in their father's heart. For their sake, I hope YG regains his memory soon.

Also, YG isn't supposed to be an idiot. There are so many signs pointing to the fact that there is something off about his intended marriage to SRa, including that neither his best friend or his sister was even aware that YG and SRa had been dating much less intending to get married. And the friend had commented that YG was said to be dating a much younger woman and no mention of SRa. Without being stupid, YG should be suspicious of what he is being told by SRa and his father's mistress. How can YG take the words of his father's mistress who he distrusts and dislikes so much anyway.

Still, it was good that it is YG's little sister who tells him not to do anything he might regret while his memory is gone. Even if the amnesia trope continues to play out, I'm tired of YG just being stupid. He's lost his memories, not his mind, so I wish the writer would write him out to be an imbecile as he has been during his memory loss.

Not sure if I'm looking forward to the next episode or not. I'm heartened by the fact that the kids seems to be strenuously objecting to their father marrying SRa. Heck, YG already suspects that the kids will object which is why he's having a hard time telling them. Perhaps for their sake, if not for his own, YG will finally wise up that he wasn't meant to be with SRa.

As for SRa, the character is evil and tiresome, and so is her thief of a mother. I'm actually kind of shocked that the mother is so amoral that she would steal from her "friend". Then again, I suppose, like mother, like daughter. Both of them are no good and should be fated to live together, just the two of them, for the rest of their lives on a severely reduced income after they have to return everything that they've stolen.

• Like 1

Good point about the kids mom @stroppyse that issue hasn’t been really focused on yet.

overall I enjoy the young YG compared to older version. Touching YG has deep feelings for DD with out knowing why

the SaRa engagement line is tiring.  I find myself skipping those merry go round scenes.   But I see SaRa presence finally having some meaningful importance. Since she is the biological mom of the youngest, her involvement with the family will never cease.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mizv said:

the SaRa engagement line is tiring.  I find myself skipping those merry go round scenes.   But I see SaRa presence finally having some meaningful importance. Since she is the biological mom of the youngest, her involvement with the family will never cease.  

Yes, no matter how conniving, mendacious, and evil SRa is, she will be redeemed and made an important part of the family as SJ's bio mom. Though, I would prefer that she be kicked out to the curb without a backward glance from anyone. Se Jong can decide for himself if he wants a relationship with her when he's old enough.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

I cannot wait for this amnesia arc to be over only because Sara is so annoying!

I get now why they chose to include the amnesia arc:

• It goes to show that DD is truly in YG's heart. Even without his memories, he has a soft spot for her. His heart remembers her.
  • It proves that no matter how hard Sara tries, YG's heart cannot be moved. It only beats for DD.
  • It allowed us to see and get to know YG in his younger years. This younger version of him has allowed him to get closer to his children and I do hope that even when he regains his memories, that he would keep some aspects of this younger personality. His younger self is more adventurous and playful which actually makes him more relatable to his children.

One thing that, although annoying, is also satisfying is watching YG yell at Sara and SR's mom. Unlike his former reserved self, young YG is not one to shy away from giving his strong opinions and I quite like it. 

At this point in the drama, it's almost impossible to forgive Sara. I wish she would just stay away from everyone. Her delusions are out of this world and it's gone beyond just wanted to be around SJ. She's so intent on making her fantasies come true whatever the consequence. She even contemplated getting pregnant so she can make YG marry her faster. Has it not occurred to her that even if he were to marry her, if/when he regains his memories, he's going to loathe her. Also, what's preventing him from eventually divorcing her? He's certainly not going to love her after he finds out everything so I am not even sure what's the point of all of her schemes.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

2 hours ago, Mouse said:

One thing that, although annoying, is also satisfying is watching YG yell at Sara and SR's mom. Unlike his former reserved self, young YG is not one to shy away from giving his strong opinions and I quite like it. 

I think it's his sister's mother that he's yelling at rather than SRa's mother? His sister's mother was his father's mistress, and according to YG, she's one of the reasons why his mother died, thought it may be from the turmoil caused by his father's affair.

While the drama didn't explicitly detail why DR is living in his house, it seems as if once YG's mother died, his father allowed DR to move in, especially since she gave birth to Se Ryun. Se Ryun was acknowledged as the father's daughter and as YG's sister, but he clearly has no time for his sister's mother. So after YG's father died, YG probably continued to allow DR to live in the house given his affection for his younger sister.

41 year YG seems to have become much more restrained with the weight of his position in the company as well as his own tragic loss of his beloved wife, however, 22 year old YG doesn't have that baggage, so has no problems yelling out his own feelings and state of mind. 

It is funny to see YG either intentionally or inadvertently foil SR's attempts to entrap him into marriage. I think she's banking on the fact that once their marriage has been registered, that YG, even once he regains his memories, isn't going to want to create a PR nightmare by divorcing SRa. The assumption is that once she is YG's wife, that she'll make a big public splash to ensure that she's acknowledged as his wife. YG can't admit publicly that he's lost his memories for fear of negative impact to the company, so he probably can't admit that he was tricked into marriage either. And, unfortunately, without SRa having committed adultery, YG wouldn't be able to divorce SRa without her consent to be divorced. YG could claim to be scammed but then would have to admit to the circumstances which could negatively impact the FT Group.

SRa, her mother, and DR are conniving and amoral, but they're not entirely stupid about the risks they are taking. I think they're underestimating how much YG will put up with from them once he's regained his memories though. With money and power, he would be able to make their lives hell if he wants. It's just that till now, he's been too nice a person to do that to them.

• Clapping Hands 2
5 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I think it's his sister's mother that he's yelling at rather than SRa's mother?

LOL yes I meant SR (Se Ryun)'s mother. There's just too many characters and similar initials! :laugh:

15 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I think she's banking on the fact that once their marriage has been registered, that YG, even once he regains his memories, isn't going to want to create a PR nightmare by divorcing SRa. The assumption is that once she is YG's wife, that she'll make a big public splash to ensure that she's acknowledged as his wife. YG can't admit publicly that he's lost his memories for fear of negative impact to the company, so he probably can't admit that he was tricked into marriage either. And, unfortunately, without SRa having committed adultery, YG wouldn't be able to divorce SRa without her consent to be divorced. YG could claim to be scammed but then would have to admit to the circumstances which could negatively impact the FT Group.

SRa, her mother, and DR are conniving and amoral, but they're not entirely stupid about the risks they are taking. I think they're underestimating how much YG will put up with from them once he's regained his memories though. With money and power, he would be able to make their lives hell if he wants.

Ah I see! Now I understand why they are rushing the marriage. I still don't understand why Sara thinks she's going to have a happily ever after by tricking YG into marriage. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mouse said:

Ah I see! Now I understand why they are rushing the marriage. I still don't understand why Sara thinks she's going to have a happily ever after by tricking YG into marriage. 

That's because she's delusional. Just as in that she thinks that she'll be able to send Jenny and SeChan to study overseas once she's YG's wife so that it can just be YG, SJ, and herself. There is no way that YG would agree to that regardless of whether he is 22 or 41, especially if Jenny and SC are opposed to it.

Though, in the preview, SC seems to have run away from home rather than deal with his father marrying SRa. Hope this is enough of a wake up call. What kind of father would marry a woman he feels nothing for over the strenuous objections of his children. I mean, it's not as if he's madly in love with SRa and certain that she's the best thing for the family or himself even.

Then again, they've been making 21 year old YG a bit of an idiot, so who knows how the story will go. It's just clear that this amnesia thing is not going to go away any time soon.

Btw, why does SRa think that she spent a night with Gun? I don't think they've done so, have they? I'm not entirely sure since I fast forward so much I may have missed it.

• Clapping Hands 1
17 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Then again, they've been making 21 year old YG a bit of an idiot, so who knows how the story will go. It's just clear that this amnesia thing is not going to go away any time soon.

Btw, why does SRa think that she spent a night with Gun? I don't think they've done so, have they? I'm not entirely sure since I fast forward so much I may have missed it.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks 21-yr old YG is a bit of an idiot. Sometimes he’s downright annoying lol. It’s like the old version of him acted old and this young version of him is too immature. :laugh:

I don’t know why Sara thinks she spent the night with Gun bec I also FF a lot. There’s only so much of this amnesia arc I can take and I’m not particularly interested in sitting through all of Sara, her mother and Se Ryun’s mother’s scenes. I also tend to FF through any scenes involving Da Beom’s mother as I find her extremely annoying. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mouse said:

It’s like the old version of him acted old and this young version of him is too immature. 

Agreed. The old version of him acted ancient, and the amnesiac version of him acts as an immature hothead, but lacking confidence and thus willing to listen to questionable sources.

14 minutes ago, Mouse said:

I’m not particularly interested in sitting through all of Sara, her mother and Se Ryun’s mother’s scenes. I also tend to FF through any scenes involving Da Beom’s mother as I find her extremely annoying. 

Right with you! I'm actually conflicted about DD's father. On the one hand, he's married to DB's mother who has tried to be good to him in her own way and who actually seems to really love him. So, it's wrong that DD's mother wants the three of them to be a family again.

On the other hand, I find DB's mother so exasperating and non-supportive of her husband while happy to take every advantage of anything that smacks of money that I almost want SC to go be happy with his first love, DD's mother.

However, I know that it's too late for DD, her mother, and her father to be a family again actually. Even though we don't know yet what drove her mother to abandon them, she did abandon them. Now she knows that SC would have loved her and stayed by her side no matter what, and had a fantastic daughter as well, but it's all too late for that. The best she can hope for is to at least build a good relationship with DD, though she really needs to fess up to the truth in order to do so.

• Clapping Hands 2
11 hours ago, Mouse said:

I cannot wait for this amnesia arc to be over only because Sara is so annoying!

I don’t think it’s going away soon. It’s the main arc of the story, otherwise they wouldn’t have included it in the character description. 

11 hours ago, Mouse said:

One thing that, although annoying, is also satisfying is watching YG yell at Sara and SR's mom.

8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

It is funny to see YG either intentionally or inadvertently foil SR's attempts to entrap him into marriage.

I love seeing Sara being exasperated and always having to run behind him in heels because he is in a hurry to go somewhere... I mean, to run away from her 🤣

7 hours ago, Mouse said:

I don’t know why Sara thinks she spent the night with Gun bec I also FF a lot.

I thought I was the only one who wondered about this. Nope, am pretty sure they didn’t spend the night together. Or maybe she slept the night with him keeping watch? Need to go back and see that first time they met.

• Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

10 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@Nohamahmoud2002, in the last stills that you printed, is Gun driving SRa and her mother to her engagement to YG? Are they really going through with that? In SK, the engagement is considered to be nearly the same as being married. Couples have moved in together based on their engagement.

I didn't watch yet, but maybe sth will interrupt the engagement?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

Gun is so sweet. He is too good for SR, but it seems she knows now that he is a good guy who won't blackmail her.

Gun is too good for SRa. And, she is such a witch. Gun basically saves her from being harassed by her ex who happens to be SJ's father, btw, and her response is to call the regular driver and threaten him with losing his job if he doesn't return to his job immediately.

SRa is totally stupid as well. I'm not sure why the fear of the ex-bf since he doesn't seem to know about their baby, unless SRa is trying to pass herself off as a virgin who has only ever known YG, which I think she's trying to do? Anyway, if she does become YG's wife and she gets her way of only being a family of three with herself, YG and SJ, then her torrid past is going to come out, and the ex-bf will probably demand a DNA test for SJ. While YG is an amnesiac, he may decide to contest it, but the ex-bf can always go to the press. A child outside of marriage for an ordinary person is nothing to get excited about, however, the chairman's wife having a baby outside of marriage before she marries the chairman would be a scandal that people would avidly read. So, ultimately, the truth will come out, probably in a way that is the most harmful to SJ. So, it's not enough to destroy her own life and YG's, I guess she's fine with destroying SJ's childhood as well.

Then again, SRa isn't the brightest bulb in the universe, so I doubt that she has thought through anything other than her immediate wants. Pretty much like her whining thief of a mother.

• Like 1

Well, I guess YG and SRa are engaged now.

And, I have to admit that I'm losing patience with DD actually. She obviously has no faith in YG to believe that he had been 2-timing her while engaged to SRa. She lived with them in that household and there was no evidence of any relationship between YG and SRa prior to him losing his memories. Rather, there had been that rather awkward courtship of her, so why is DD so determined to believe that YG is the kind of scum who would seduce a young woman in his employ when he's "secretly" engaged to another woman in his employ.

So, rather than helping YG to find his true memories or even to telling him the truth about their relationship so that he can help himself to figure out what is real and what isn't real, she's ready to help SRa nab him, even though she knows that the children are also all opposed.

I guess this is supposed to speak to DD's youth and inexperience maybe, but it's tiresome and she's just being another doormat. Frankly, this drama has become sloppy writing. It's not even doing much of a service to the villainous women since it's making them tiresome as well. 

I've been fast forwarding through so much of the last 4 episodes that I barely registered what was going on, but it all seemed kind of silly. Did this drama change writers or something?

• Haha 2

I admit the plot has become nonsensical.  I mostly fast forward SaRa and YG scenes until the recent episode when YG memory comes back. Enjoyed  his burst of anger! Dan Dan is immature response to the amnesia thing. Guess that is what the audience must accept since she is younger. 

looks like the drama will go back to be more appealing now that YG memory is basically 50 percent there.

those that watch  Red Sleeves,  anyone notice Deok Im brother is same actor that plays Jang Mi sook son?   Sometimes I get distracted when I recognize actors from a drama.  Have the weird habit of trying to remember the drama where I saw them before I can focus on the scenes.   

• Like 2

This week's episodes been just so-so. And I'm getting tired of DD not helping YG also. When he asked to clarify certain things as his memory is coming back bits and pieces, she should help him instead of getting mad at him. The guy lost his memory, for goodness sake! The saving grace was the last few minutes of ep.26 when YG finally remembered his relationship with SR and with DD. 

11 hours ago, stroppyse said:

So, rather than helping YG to find his true memories or even to telling him the truth about their relationship so that he can help himself to figure out what is real and what isn't real, she's ready to help SRa nab him, even though she knows that the children are also all opposed.

Yes to this part. I feel so frustrated with her. But I guess that's the olf typical setup of kdrama female protagonist, which usually work for the weekender viewers. Allowing herself to suffer in silence and not wanting to "hurt" anyone... just that it's rather inconsistent with her earlier character portrayal when she was quite active pursuing a clear response from YG towards her confession. I had thought her character was rather refreshing being full of initiatives be in a relationship with him. I guess she also forgot she was the one pursuing YG instead of him pursuing her while supposedly being engaged.... 

I am looking forward to how SR and DR will get the wrath from YG. And it will get exciting because the little boys are starting on their cupid mission :smile:

OST#4 ~ Hidden Path (Jeong Dong Won)

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

14 hours ago, Mizv said:

those that watch  Red Sleeves,  anyone notice Deok Im brother is same actor that plays Jang Mi sook son?   Sometimes I get distracted when I recognize actors from a drama.  Have the weird habit of trying to remember the drama where I saw them before I can focus on the scenes.   

If it's a new actor, I tend to do that as well, I mean wonder where I've seen her/him before. However, with actors that I've seen more frequently, I stop paying attention to that or else I would do nothing but try to remember all the dramas that they've been in.

Where I do sometimes wonder at is when I see an actor playing roles in 2 concurrent dramas. This happens somewhat frequently, especially for cameos or for veteran actors. Then I can't help but compare and contrast the roles! Especially distracting if the actor is playing a nice character in one drama and a more villainous role in the other drama. :lmao2:

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

The saving grace was the last few minutes of ep.26 when YG finally remembered his relationship with SR and with DD. 

It seemed as if he has partial memory recall, however, the engagement went through anyway?

I had thought her character was rather refreshing being full of initiatives be in a relationship with him. I guess she also forgot she was the one pursuing YG instead of him pursuing her while supposedly being engaged.... 

Yes, she went from being all plucky and take charge of her destiny to being a weepy doormat who thinks the worst of the guy she's supposed to be in love with. Not a good change at all!

I am looking forward to how SR and DR will get the wrath from YG. And it will get exciting because the little boys are starting on their cupid mission

I think we may have to wait for YG's wrath a little longer. However, I am looking forward to the cupid mission. I guess that is the only positive development. The children may have had a hard time with their teacher becoming their stepmother, but compared to a more horrible stepmother figure like SRa, they would be happy to have DD become their stepmother.

• Like 1

Argh!! It seems like the show is determined to chase viewers away with their writing. I have not watched with subs but I think I understand correctly that YG is going to honor the engagement even though he has his memory all back?? Well, he has no memory of his 22 yo self in his 41 yo body. But after confronting Sara he is asking forgiveness from DD instead and DD is leaving the family?? The only reason I will continue watching is because I want to support the boys in their mission. But seriously, if YG is not played by handsome JHW, I might have said adios to YG already. I am growing tired of crying DD. 

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif