A Gentleman and A Young Lady [2022]

22 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Also, finally finished watching the latest eps, and I guess we now know that Anna Kim is not going to be happy about DD dating YG. She already got suspicious because YG looked at DD too often, confronted him, and YG got flustered and said no, he wasn't into DD. AK was relieved commenting on how inappropriate it was given YG's age and situation. This is definitely a hurdle that they're going to have to overcome.

I was so mad and frustrated at this scene. Like if she was so perceptive just by looking at YG's glances, why can't she tell that they are in a relationship? Like DD's expressions and glances at YG gives it all away. Are they sure they are trying to keep it a secret? lol :laugh:

25 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Perhaps because YG will think he is younger than he actually is, he'll lose the reservations that he has about dating DD and pursue her more determinedly rather than being wishy-washy about whether he's doing the right thing or not. Jealous scenes would be good!

But the thing is, SR will manipulate him and say that they are in a secret relationship so I don't think that's going to happen. Even if he likes DD, thinking that he is in a relationship might stop him. He could break up first with SR buuuuut... he might not do that since he might be feeling guilty about forgetting about her and not introducing her and keeping their relationship a secret. :mad:

28 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Then again, what if they come up with something more serious, like SRa actually getting her claws into YG.

Like no...I will drop this if that were to happen :shocked2: I'm two steps away from grabbing SR's hair but damn she is such a good actress, I keep on hating her. :laugh:

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, laurisse said:

Are they sure they are trying to keep it a secret?

I would think anyone could tell that YG and DD had something going on. Seriously now. They weren't hiding anything that well!

But the thing is, SR will manipulate him and say that they are in a secret relationship so I don't think that's going to happen. Even if he likes DD, thinking that he is in a relationship might stop him. He could break up first with SR buuuuut... he might not do that since he might be feeling guilty about forgetting about her and not introducing her and keeping their relationship a secret. 

I don't think YG will buy that he's in a relationship with SRa. YG is truly not attracted to SRa, and even being an amnesiac, YG can't let himself be led so easily into something that won't feel right to him. His sense of self is too strong.

Also, SRyun's mother has a vested interest in lying to YG about being in a relationship with SRa, the housekeeper was wondering if YG and SRa had been in a relationship based on the hug she witnessed SRa giving YG, but AK knows that YG and SR aren't an item. Unless AK decides to lie to YG in an effort to "save" DD from his interest which would make her character really despicable, AK won't confirm that YG and SRa were dating.

It may take some time to work through, but I'm confident that YG is going to reject SRa and pursue DD.

Like no...I will drop this if that were to happen :shocked2: I'm two steps away from grabbing SR's hair but damn she is such a good actress, I keep on hating her. 

LOL. If it does happen, I may give this drama a rest for a few weeks while that story line plays out since that would seriously mess up the love lines in this drama.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
48 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

If it does happen, I may give this drama a rest for a few weeks while that story line plays out since that would seriously mess up the love lines in this drama

Same. :SquirtlePuke: Though. I wish it wouldn't get to the point where SR and YG planning their wedding because that would LITERALLY kill me fr.  :NeonGhost:

Unless AK decides to lie to YG in an effort to "save" DD from his interest which would make her character really despicable, AK won't confirm that YG and SRa were dating.

If she does this, that would make all the viewers hate her and I doubt her daughter would easily forgive her if this gets revealed. The hope of wanting to stay near her daughter will go down the drain. 

the housekeeper was wondering if YG and SRa had been in a relationship based on the hug she witnessed SRa giving YG

I was afraid of this. The housekeeper thinks they are in a relationship but SR got dumped. I think this would solidify SR's claim that they were in a relationship. But who knows what will happen? I just might try to look into writer-nim's mind and try to find out :lmao2: I just hope that they would not reveal that they are in a relationship to the kids because that would break their heart and mine as well. :PiplupCry: 

Edited by laurisse
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, laurisse said:

I supposed in this day and age of dramas, everyone is past the amnesia arc and just don't have the tolerance for it anymore, considering that there are many other tropes they could have gone with instead. :laugh:

8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

If they have to have an amnesia arc, I can see why it happened after YG-DD relationship started, but before they were on firm grounds. It basically draws out the tension and uncertainty for the OTP.  Can't have a kdrama with everything smooth sailing.

LOL so true! I was so excited for YG and DD to finally confess their feelings and for Sara to get kicked out that the thought of a reset so-to-speak - having to go through it all again is something I don't want to see. :laugh:

The only consolation I have is the thought that Sara is going to get rejected all over again and it will probably be worse the second time around.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

12 hours ago, laurisse said:

I just hope that they would not reveal that they are in a relationship to the kids because that would break their heart and mine as well.

:shocked: I didn't even think about SRa telling the kids! That would be sooo awful!

12 hours ago, laurisse said:

If she does this, that would make all the viewers hate her and I doubt her daughter would easily forgive her if this gets revealed. The hope of wanting to stay near her daughter will go down the drain. 

Yes. I think DD is going to have a LOT of questions of her mother and father in terms of what happened way back when anyway. If AK then turns around and lies to "protect" her, not only would that take a lot of nerve, but I can't imagine DD will easily forgive that as well as the abandonment.

Though given that this is a KBS family drama, I fully expect happy endings all the way around. Still, there is a lot of drama to get through before we get there.

5 hours ago, Mouse said:

The only consolation I have is the thought that Sara is going to get rejected all over again and it will probably be worse the second time around.

Yes, totally right!

I'm still worried about poor baby Se Jong in all of this.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
6 hours ago, Mizv said:

Noticed the hanker chief  blew away…again.  not be surprised if the hanker-chief will represent connecting YG and Dan Dan.  Just like when the handkerchief magically blew in right before midnight at the tree.

The handkerchief help tie their fate to start a relationship. 

Do you think the handkerchief will magically appear again and be blown back to YG or DD? :laugh: never mind me...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

10 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Do you think the handkerchief will magically appear again and be blown back to YG or DD? :laugh: never mind me...

I think the handkerchief will be the way for YG to regain his memories. I think it’s safe to expect that we will be seeing some flying handkerchief in the future :lmao2:

• Haha 2
  • Party! 1

Just a thought though, I was kind of relieved that YG would remember AK. However, this might not be the case since she has a different face rn. :shocked: And the antagonists in the story might make some story to make YG trust them. It's also a possibility that AK would have to leave YG's house leaving DD to protect herself. :nervous:

Although, the housekeeper likes DD, she might become a bit partial to SR to keep her job since she thinks that SR and YG are involved. What do you  guys think?  

• Like 2
4 hours ago, laurisse said:

I was kind of relieved that YG would remember AK. However, this might not be the case since she has a different face rn.

You’ve got a point here. Let’s hope his memory was until she has a face change. One good thing is that the children might insist to have DD around, and they’ve taken a “family” picture before at the restaurant. 

4 hours ago, laurisse said:

Although, the housekeeper likes DD, she might become a bit partial to SR to keep her job since she thinks that SR and YG are involved. What do you  guys think?  

I think she will side with DD, but the thing is, DD might not say anything about the relationship. She never likes Sara anyway, and I think she isn’t the type to be partial towards Sara, and I doubt Dae Ran will want to kick her out. Sara would probably want her to be around to help as well. I mean to boss around, now that she might become the lady of the house. 

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

9 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

너무 귀여워 

20s? Don’t be ridiculous Gun 🙄 Go do your flirting stuff to someone who deserves you :heart:

I cannot wait for tonight's episodes! 

Spoiler

Will Ji Hyun Woo be able to recognize his girlfriend Lee Se Hee in “Young Lady and Gentleman”?

Spoiler

spacer.png

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images, videos, instas, etc. Delete them from the quote. Thanks.
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

I hope things get faster because these complications are not necessary 🤨

WHYYYYYYY :mad: I hope the amnesia arc does not get dragged on. DD has suffered a lot and it's time for her to get something she deserves. I'm hating SR by every second. 

Looking at this video, I don't think YG will recover his memories. I think he will regain it little by little. But sucks for him, I think DD going to the US will push through and come back as an accomplished woman.  Amnesia arc might take 5-8 episodes.  But who knows? 

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images, videos, instas, etc. Delete them from the quote. Thanks.
  • Like 3

I am actually enjoying 22 yo LYG... haha, he is loud and brash, that I don’t have to worry about him being taken advantage of. Except that he finds Sara pretty 😅 I certainly didn’t see that coming 😆 What? He is going to be smitten by her then? O gosh... allow me to faint first 🤣

Looking forward to all the hijinks that will occur because of his younger age personality. Already liking his easygoing interaction with his children. And he is calling DD “noona” 🤣 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I'm not sure I'm ready for an amnesiac YG...

It’s quite fun to watch actually. He became like a different person, not as rigid and strict. Now I understand why they wanted him to act so stiff previously. It’s to show the contrast. I like JHW since Queen In Hyun and one of my reasons to start this drama, and he delivers on the acting. 

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

It’s quite fun to watch actually. He became like a different person, not as rigid and strict. Now I understand why they wanted him to act so stiff previously. It’s to show the contrast. I like JHW since Queen In Hyun and one of my reasons to start this drama, and he delivers on the acting. 

I liked him a lot in Queen In Hyun's man as well. And, you're right that the contrast between 22 year old YG and the 40 year old YG is very different. I suppose the death of your father who had installed his mistress in the house as well as the death of his beloved wife to a disease is enough to make anyone become more somber and reserved. Not to mention having to take over the company and trying to be a single father to 3 kids albeit with plenty of help.

Anyway, all caught up now, and I think it's good for SRyun to leave for the US for awhile. She needs some time away from her mother who was willing to sell her to get her hands on SRyun's inheritance in order for her to finally grow up and figure out what she wants from life. DB also still needs some time and space to grow up. I assume that since DB and SRyun are not the main couple, that they'll stay in real time rather than having a time jump for the sake of their relationship.

I'm really tired of SRyun's mother screeching all the time. One of the few things I liked about 22 year old YG was him kicking her out of the house finally. And actually, I do appreciate YG trying to develop a relationship with the kids. And, it's rather endearing how he calls DD "noona".

However, in the preview, YG is taken by how pretty SRa is. Then again SRa is pretty, even if she is hella annoying and pathetic. I'm still not happy about the romance that will happen between SRa and Gun because he deserves someone so much better. Also tired of SRyun's mother. She's a spendthrift and a leech, and now she's just a straight up thief. Hearing SRa rant at her mother was kind of fun, though, since she was telling her mother some home truths about how she's a spendy leech. Anyway, I guess SRa is going to straight up lie to YG to make him think he's her bf. I'm not looking forward to those scenes either.

Also, DD's father's wife is annoying as heck. I'm so tired of her whining and complaining and thinking only of herself even as she whines how her husband is not considerate towards her. I don't think that DD's father will get back together with Anna Kim or anything like that since he's been married for a long time to his wife, but I wouldn't mind them writing the wife into a coma or something just to shut her up.

I'm not entirely sure if it's the writing or the acting on some of these characters that make them so tiresome rather than fun to watch, but right now, I'm thinking that it's both.

I'm still impressed by the children whenever I see them, though as expected, there are fewer scenes of them now. SJ is a total star, but SC and JN are also fun characters to watch.

Anyway, I want scenes of 22 year old YG taking notice of DD and rejecting SRa, and I want them as soon as possible. Please.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

However, in the preview, YG is taken by how pretty SRa is. Then again SRa is pretty, even if she is hella annoying and pathetic.

I got so mad at this scene. Lol. Pretty or not she is annoying. 

6 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I'm still not happy about the romance that will happen between SRa and Gun because he deserves someone so much better.

I agree so much with this! Since she gets a character development sometime in the future, I’m hoping that Gun gives up on his feelings and SR realizes her feelings for Gun. Then Gun gives her a hard time before getting back together.  I’m so hoping for this! :lmao2:

12 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I don't think that DD's father will get back together with Anna Kim or anything like that since he's been married for a long time to his wife, but I wouldn't mind them writing the wife into a coma or something just to shut her up.

The thought of AK and SC getting back together gives me an icky feeling. I mean, there’s a reason why they broke up. And I don’t think that everything she does now is going to make up for all the hurt that DD and SC has gone through though I would like for them to make up in the end but not as a couple. 

Also, although DB’s mom is not evil, I’d rather take the evil ones. Thank you very much. She doesn’t really think things through and I don’t think that’s going to change. The grandma is actually better than her. Why is DB’s grandmother working and not her? Considering their ages, I don’t think it should be the grandma who should be working. 

20 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Anyway, I want scenes of 22 year old YG taking notice of DD and rejecting SRa, and I want them as soon as possible. Please.

Same. I don’t think I can wait for how many weeks for this. 

I’m hoping if DD gets back from the US, her fashion and makeup looks like this :love: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByUz9t_lQAg/?utm_medium=share_sheet

• Like 2

I no longer take the drama seriously lol. Although the elders here are nagging, I still find some fun. I like Gun's mom very much, the actress is really great, saw her in the Return of Superman. I saw Park Hana in different roles, so somehow I can accept watching her here, despite disliking Sara. I hope she redeems herself. Really the way she left her newborn at the house's door is so cruel. She wants him to grow up rich? How about him calling her "mother"? How was she able to see him in front of her without confessing that she is his mom? This is heartless.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1