A Gentleman and A Young Lady [2022]

Can't help laughing at Sara's claim that she has been taking care of YG like a wife, and expects him to be aware of it.

Poor YG for being misunderstood as the father of DD, and then later in preview will be misunderstood as her uncle :laugh: The age gap is staring back real at them. DD is cool about it, but I can understand that it made YG uneasy.

I like the way they arranged the meeting of Gun and Sara. However, I still cannot understand the way Sara think that her whole world has fallen because of rejection from YG that she wanted to commit suicide. She really got it all wrong in her head regarding YG. In the present and in the past. Turned out that YG's wife didn't know that Se Jung is Sara's child. 

From the preview of 16, looks like the wedding of SR with the doctor guy will happen anyway. Or will his clingy gf come crash the wedding? I really prefer that SR isn't made to go through the wedding in this story. 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

11 minutes ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

@ktcjdrama I think it is not about being rejected by YG. It is being separated from her son.

Then she should've kept her behaviour and attitude in check so that she could be by her son's side for the longest time possible. She's given up on her son before, and now she wants him back, yet she dares not reveal the truth because she wants the son to continue living in that kind of better environment than what she could provide by herself. She is trying to be by her son's side through the wrong way. Her plan seems ideal, so she really should've been more daring to try get close to YG before the appearance of DD. But again, because she is not gracious by nature, and has a hidden agenda, that's why her sincerity is not felt by YG nor the children... Anyway, I know it's just for drama's sake, and also I'm shipping her with Gun. They make a cute couple. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

And here comes the amnesia plot. Much earlier than I expect. I thought we would see more of their affection for each other solidified before amnesia kicks in. At this point, no one except Lawyer friend knows about YG’s dating someone. But he doesn’t know who, except for the age difference. Whereas the ahjumma in the house saw Sara hugging YG. She might be the one affirming Sara’s claim that she and YG are an item. 

O gosh, I cried seeing SR cried. Glad that DD was there for her. Hmm, the addressing will be so awkward when YG-DD and DB-SR become an item 😆 One is the older brother the other is the younger sister, for both set of step-siblings. I cannot figure out who to call what. 

9 hours ago, Mizv said:

But wondering how this will last for 50 episodes??

It’s because of the amnesia plot. And we still have the secret of DD’s bio mother in Anna Kim. Also not sure whether the children will be delighted or opposed to the pairing of their beloved teacher with their father. 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

The way YG responded to Sara was so satisfying for me. As it turns out, she’s liked him since even before he was with his wife. Unfortunately for Sara, YG never noticed her and still only sees her as an employee. She’s delusional to think that just because she’s done so much for him, that he would immediately develop feelings for her.

so it turns out that YG’s wife didn’t know Sejong is Sara’s baby. I wonder though why Sara chose to leave Sejong at their doorstep. I suppose bec they were an affluent family that could provide him with a better life but she was also familiar with YG and his wife.

I am sad that indeed, we have an amnesia arc and also just whenYG and DD were starting their relationship. The scene of them making heart eyes for each other at the fashion show was so adorable. It makes me sad that YG has been struck with amnesia before he’s had a chance to come to terms with dating a much younger woman. 

I wonder how long the amnesia is going to last for. Ugh, I was so happy to see Sara go and now the thought of her coming back into the picture is making me upset. 

• Like 2

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

32 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Ugh. I haven't had time to watch this week's episodes, but maybe I'll hold off now for a bit since I'm not a huge fan of throwing amnesia into the story. It was going so well. Oh well.

I know right? I was really hoping the writers scrapped the amnesia arc but alas, ‘‘twas not so. 

I personally feel like the amnesia arc is unnecessary but I suppose they’re using it to prove that even if YG’s memories were erased, he would still fall for DD and Sara still wouldn’t have a chance. It makes me chuckle thinking that Sara is going to get rejected twice. 

I’m curious to see the extent of YG’s amnesia. Will he lose all of his memories or just his memories of the past year or so? 

I feel like the real issue in this drama is how they would deal with the huge age gap - having those around them accept their relationship as well as how the children will deal with it. I was really hoping to see the age gap issue be addressed because that’s where it was headed already. The amnesia arc, I feel, is just a distraction from the real issue. 

• Like 2

On 10/31/2021 at 2:01 PM, ktcjdrama said:

I enjoyed ep.11 too. I think their feelings for each other would be established quite early, and then the major plot of the remaining episode is of them overcoming all the separation attempts by people around them, including the amnesia card.

I am actually quite invested in the development of their arc. Both have a lot of maturing to do, and I like seeing that because of their love, they have found that motivation to grow themselves. I was not surprised with SR's answer because money has always come easy for her. I am happy to see that DB has the pride not to live off her, but make something of himself. And just a random thought, I think the actress of SR is really pretty. 

I think SR is really pretty too. I have watched her drama in a Gentleman's Dignity and her love line there is so cute! She plays a 20s girl in love with one of her brother's lawyer bestfriend who is a widow in his 40s. Kind  of like the story in A young lady and a gentleman. lol. You should try watching it. It's really good.

• Like 3
On 11/8/2021 at 9:56 AM, Mouse said:

@stroppyse I think Sara had deceived herself into thinking she was far more important to YG than she actually is. The part where YH tells DR that his 3 children meant everything to him is a big reason as to why he has developed a soft spot for DD. It was DD’s true love and concern for his kids that endeared her to him. 

I think YG only tolerated DR out of respect but he’s clearly had enough. Didn’t DR have an affair with YG’s dad? I thought she did and that’s why she was looked down on. I agree with what you said in that she’s eager for SR to get married so that she can feel more secure living off of her rather than YG. 

I, too, am curious to find out how everyone is going to react once they find out about DD and YG. If the amnesia arc is coming, then I feel like it would happen before everyone else finds out bec otherwise Sara would not be able to fool YG. 

In the meantime I hope we get more of DD and YG flirting and dating. 

The lawyer knows that YG's girlfriend and YG has an age gap of 14 years so I'm pretty sure that it will be revealed in such a big way since weekend dramas tend to be big in overreacting. I wonder how SR will fool the lawyer since he knows much about the secret younger girlfriend and SR definitely isn't in her 20s.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Mouse said:

I’m curious to see the extent of YG’s amnesia. Will he lose all of his memories or just his memories of the past year or so? 

I have read that he will only have his memories until 22 yo. So he won't even remember his wife and kids. He will only remember Dae Ran and Anna Kim. 

I have to laugh a little because he had his accident not long after asking his wife for her blessings for his relationship with DD. The superstitious ones will think that wifey not approve of the relationship :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

2 hours ago, Mouse said:

It makes me chuckle thinking that Sara is going to get rejected twice. 

Yes, that would be fun. Except, I keep thinking that Gun is too good for SRa as it is, and having her continue to be conniving to try to make things work out the way she had been imagining it is not going to make it even worse for that love line. Since SRa is SJ's mother and this is broadcasting on KBS, I'm pretty sure that SRa will have a redemptive arc. I just hope that they start doing something soon to make her stop being annoying and fast-forwardable.

1 hour ago, laurisse said:

I think SR is really pretty too. I have watched her drama in a Gentleman's Dignity and her love line there is so cute! She plays a 20s girl in love with one of her brother's lawyer bestfriend who is a widow in his 40s. Kind  of like the story in A young lady and a gentleman. lol. You should try watching it. It's really good.

Oh, right, the actress playing SRyun here was MaeRhi in Gentleman's Dignity. I thought her love line in that drama was pretty cute, and actually, I enjoyed it more than the OTP in that drama. SRyun is pretty, but she really needs to grow up.

As for DB, I think he's right that he will never be able to support SRyun in her current lifestyle, and it's good that he doesn't just want to live off her money. He did get a hard lesson though at how easily it can be taken away anyway when she initially broke up with him after thinking that he had set it up to be with her just because he was after her money. I think for his own sake, he needs to make something of himself.

Also, welcome to the thread @laurisseas well as to JangHaven! I'm glad to get another perspective on this drama.

1 hour ago, laurisse said:

The lawyer knows that YG's girlfriend and YG has an age gap of 14 years so I'm pretty sure that it will be revealed in such a big way since weekend dramas tend to be big in overreacting. I wonder how SR will fool the lawyer since he knows much about the secret younger girlfriend and SR definitely isn't in her 20s.

LOL at your comment about overacting in weekend dramas which is so true. And, good point about the lawyer friend knowing about YG being interested in a woman who is 14 years younger than her. SRa is 35, I think, which is definitely not 14 years from YG's age.

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I have read that he will only have his memories until 22 yo. So he won't even remember his wife and kids. He will only remember Dae Ran and Anna Kim. 

I wonder if he'll remember little DanDan then?

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I have to laugh a little because he had his accident not long after asking his wife for her blessings for his relationship with DD. The superstitious ones will think that wifey not approve of the relationship 

Ooh, I didn't even think of that.

Anyway, I'm still more curious to see what the kids think of their relationship, not to mention DD's father and Anna Kim. As much as Anna Kim likes YG, I do not think that she would approve of her young daughter being with him as a much older widower with 3 kids.

Okay, I guess I had better catch up on this drama so that I can actually contribute to the conversation, though I may be doing it with a finger on the fast forward.

• Like 3

At least he remembers Anna Kim. I was really worried about DD not having someone to protect her especially since SR and the stepmom would gain power with this situation. 

I was actually hoping for DD being pregnant before the amnesia arc. Then after the all the hurt she will experience, she will accept AK’s offer to go to the US. However, for some sort of reason, the handkerchief DD gifted YG would probably fly to YG maybe using some wind power from his late wife. 😂 And seeing the handkerchief would make him regain his memories. (Just like Jisung regaining his memories upon seeing the couple necklace with Eugene kim in Save the last dance for me) —Almost all kdramas characters regain memories this way. 

Then, he would either go to the US to get DD or he would stop DD from going to the US. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
22 minutes ago, laurisse said:

I was actually hoping for DD being pregnant before the amnesia arc. Then after the all the hurt she will experience, she will accept AK’s offer to go to the US

As a KBS family drama, don't think the female lead was ever going to get pregnant without marriage. It's one thing to have a female lead who is a single mom at the beginning of a family drama, but get pregnant by her boyfriend???? :lmao2:

However, regarding your second point, I almost think that DD should go to the US with AK to get more education and experience as well as having some freedom before she becomes YG's wife. The only issue would be the children missing DD since they've already bonded to her. For their sake, she should stay in SK with YG regardless of what happens.

Honestly, DD is the only one other than YG who seems to really care for the kids. Actually, the housekeeper also likes the children, but she's not the one they've bonded with or takes particular care of them. SRa only cares about SJ, while faking concern while really being exasperated with SC and JN. YG's father's mistress is just a big mess who only cares about herself and SRyun.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

FL getting pregnant in weekend drama is really impossible. That’s just my wishful thinking lmao. But I’m keeping my fingers crossed. We never know lol. 😂

I also think that DD should go to the US to study and train because it was hinted in the latest episodes that she feels that she is not deserving as his partner. However, it shouldn’t be too long. YG must go after her after a few months immediately after regaining his memories. 

Last point you have, I also agree.  SR doesn’t care for SC and JN since she once mentioned that she will make a way for them to attend school in the US. 

17 minutes ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

I wonder if YG will remember the 13 year old DD and the bicycle?

I don't think so. I not very sure but YG was 27 years old when he met 13 year old DD. And he can only remember memories until he was 22. sooooo... (crying face)

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

As much as Anna Kim likes YG, I do not think that she would approve of her young daughter being with him as a much older widower with 3 kids.

I think this might be where she would come clean about her real identity... 🤔

That fly-away handkerchief really has a mind of its own 😂 I am going to just think positively that this time, it is also helping YG and DD to be together, although through a period of amnesia. 

I know Anna has extended her invitation to DD to go the States with her. Now that YG is with an amnesia, I’d rather that she didn’t go at all, even if we’re served with a time-jump immediately. I just can’t imagine leaving YG alone with scheming Sara. And yes, I’d like to see her redemption arc ASAP please... 

• Like 3
  • Party! 1

MTDzeiV.gif

8 hours ago, laurisse said:

I don't think so. I not very sure but YG was 27 years old when he met 13 year old DD. And he can only remember memories until he was 22. sooooo... (crying face)

I had thought that he was younger since he was on leave from doing his military service when he met child DD, however, your numbers are right based on their given ages now. He must have done his service late. So, he won't remember DD at all.

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

That fly-away handkerchief really has a mind of its own 😂 I am going to just think positively that this time, it is also helping YG and DD to be together, although through a period of amnesia.

You mean the "Handkerchief of Fate"? :lmao2:

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I know Anna has extended her invitation to DD to go the States with her. Now that YG is with an amnesia, I’d rather that she didn’t go at all, even if we’re served with a time-jump immediately. I just can’t imagine leaving YG alone with scheming Sara. And yes, I’d like to see her redemption arc ASAP please... 

I know what you mean, however, I can't imagine that YG is going to fall for SRa under any circumstances, or that she is clever enough to concoct something that YG will submit to. It might be better for DD to go away and become the person she wants to be so that she can partner YG without feeling as if she is a lacking partner.

I guess what we are all really saying is "wonder how the writer is going to write the plot going forward"? Hmm, maybe amnesia wasn't such a bad plot device since it has us all talking about. I just hope it doesn't enter an extended period of angst. And YG had better not fall into SRa's clutches, no matter what.

• Clapping Hands 2
4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I think this might be where she would come clean about her real identity... 🤔

Who knew the handkerchief would play such a vital role in this drama. :laugh:

I am torn between having DD go to the US or to have her stay, I don't know that the amnesia is what is going to send her packing. I feel like with the amnesia, she's more needed at home to help with the children. I agree with @stroppyse that apart from YG and Anna Kim, she's the only other person that truly cares for and loves the children. But I can see Sara taking advantage of YG's amnesia to get DD fired. She's the first person Sara is going to want to get rid off. So maybe this is the catalyst for her to go overseas. If this is the case, I certainly feel sorry for the little ones as they would be losing DD and Anna Kim. But then again, if DD ends up leaving for the US, how will YG fall in love with her again despite the amnesia? Perhaps it will be some time before Sara sends her away. Maybe YG does fall in love with DD again and Sara then decides to get rid of her at that time. 

34 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I know what you mean, however, I can't imagine that YG is going to fall for SRa under any circumstances, or that she is clever enough to concoct something that YG will submit to. It might be better for DD to go away and become the person she wants to be so that she can partner YG without feeling as if she is a lacking partner.

I agree with this, DD will have to grow so that she can feel equal to YG. It's just a matter of finding out how.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mouse said:

Who knew the handkerchief would play such a vital role in this drama. :laugh:

I am torn between having DD go to the US or to have her stay, I don't know that the amnesia is what is going to send her packing. I feel like with the amnesia, she's more needed at home to help with the children. I agree with @stroppyse that apart from YG and Anna Kim, she's the only other person that truly cares for and loves the children. But I can see Sara taking advantage of YG's amnesia to get DD fired. She's the first person Sara is going to want to get rid off. So maybe this is the catalyst for her to go overseas. If this is the case, I certainly feel sorry for the little ones as they would be losing DD and Anna Kim. But then again, if DD ends up leaving for the US, how will YG fall in love with her again despite the amnesia? Perhaps it will be some time before Sara sends her away. Maybe YG does fall in love with DD again and Sara then decides to get rid of her at that time. 

I agree with this, DD will have to grow so that she can feel equal to YG. It's just a matter of finding out how.

Ikr. Who knew that DD's gift would play such a big role. If my hunch is correct, I think the handkerchief would also be the way YG would regain his memories. Since it got lost during his accident, maybe we might be expecting some fly-away action again from the hanky. 

Since YG, DD and Anna Kim are the only ones who care for the other children, I'm afraid that SR will do something to send them to some far away place and make them attend school there, taking advantage of YG. (crying face)

Since it looks like YG will still fall in love with DD despite him in an amnesia, I'm hoping for some jealous YG scenes. I hope some hot, younger character, maybe also rich would take a liking to DD and make YG jealous. That might hasten YG realizing his feelings for DD. I hope so! Because most of the scenes are about DD taking actions about her feelings. I need YG to put some more effort. 

Fingers-crossed for some jealous scenes!

spacer.png 

Edited by laurisse
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, laurisse said:

I'm hoping for some jealous YG scenes. I hope some hot, younger character, maybe also rich would take a liking to DD and make YG jealous. That might hasten YG realizing his feelings for DD. I hope so! Because most of the scenes are about DD taking actions about her feelings. I need YG to put some more effort. 

I totally agree with this! I would love to see some jealousy from YG! 

But this is why I was a bit disappointed that the amnesia arc started already because I wanted to see more of how YG was going to come to terms with the age gap. I feel like that’s where he needs to fight for their relationship and be proud of it. I also can’t wait for him to openly defend her and tell everyone that she’s his! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mouse said:

I totally agree with this! I would love to see some jealousy from YG! 

But this is why I was a bit disappointed that the amnesia arc started already because I wanted to see more of how YG was going to come to terms with the age gap. I feel like that’s where he needs to fight for their relationship and be proud of it. I also can’t wait for him to openly defend her and tell everyone that she’s his!

I also have the same thoughts. Since the writer had already started the age-gap problem in the story, I thought that they would at least solve that issue first before heading to the amnesia arc, that's why If I felt the issue was cut off short without resolving that problem. But let's see how writer-nim would resolve that.

I also can't wait for him to tell everyone DD is his girlfriend! I hope it gets revealed in an EXTRA and BIG way. DD getting hurt from YG not telling everyone she's his gf and telling him she will wait. She's probably going to be hurt a lot more in the upcoming episodes so she deserves getting recognized and accepted in a BIG WAY. My girl deserves BETTER. 

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
2 hours ago, laurisse said:

Since it got lost during his accident, maybe we might be expecting some fly-away action again from the hanky. 

It wouldn't be right if the Handkerchief of Fate didn't make at least one more appearance!

Also, finally finished watching the latest eps, and I guess we now know that Anna Kim is not going to be happy about DD dating YG. She already got suspicious because YG looked at DD too often, confronted him, and YG got flustered and said no, he wasn't into DD. AK was relieved commenting on how inappropriate it was given YG's age and situation. This is definitely a hurdle that they're going to have to overcome.

Then again, does AK who abandoned her daughter really have the right to take a position on this? Especially since she is not being honest with DD about who she really is?

Fingers-crossed for some jealous scenes!

Perhaps because YG will think he is younger than he actually is, he'll lose the reservations that he has about dating DD and pursue her more determinedly rather than being wishy-washy about whether he's doing the right thing or not. Jealous scenes would be good!

2 hours ago, Mouse said:

If they have to have an amnesia arc, I can see why it happened after YG-DD relationship started, but before they were on firm grounds. It basically draws out the tension and uncertainty for the OTP.  Can't have a kdrama with everything smooth sailing. :laugh:

I agree that when DD and YG finally come out as a couple, that he needs to very supportive of DD and very defiant to the naysayers who are going to be shocked.

My girl deserves BETTER. 

After everything she's already been through, and will go through... heck yeah, bigger and better!

It'll be fun to watch YG fall for DD again, properly this time though.

Viewers are writing in protest for the sudden appearance of an unexpected cliche on the drama’s official website.

LOL. Maybe we should go write comments in protest as well? Give us something different! Then again, what if they come up with something more serious, like SRa actually getting her claws into YG.

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1