A Gentleman and A Young Lady [2022]

On 12/25/2021 at 6:20 PM, ktcjdrama said:

Argh!! It seems like the show is determined to chase viewers away with their writing. I have not watched with subs but I think I understand correctly that YG is going to honor the engagement even though he has his memory all back?? Well, he has no memory of his 22 yo self in his 41 yo body. But after confronting Sara he is asking forgiveness from DD instead and DD is leaving the family?? The only reason I will continue watching is because I want to support the boys in their mission. But seriously, if YG is not played by handsome JHW, I might have said adios to YG already. I am growing tired of crying DD. 

WHAT??? YG is going through with the engagement despite getting his memory back? I may drop this drama for a few weeks. This makes no sense whatsoever!

This is stupid. Why would he lose his recent memories? And, despite dating DD when he lost his memory, at hearing that he had gotten engaged to Secretary Jo, he decides to stay engaged to her instead?

I'm now repeating myself because I find this so stupid.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

WHAT??? YG is going through with the engagement despite getting his memory back?

Basically, the evil witches got to know that he has no memory of his 3 months amnesia, so in order not to be blamed for the engagement, SR told YG that they fell very much in love during his amnesia and that's why they went for an engagement. She is heartbroken that he has forgotten those sweet times together. Stupid YG (I don't think I've ever met a more stupider ML) somehow believed her and felt bad. Although he asked SR to take up a status quo for the time being, ie.boss and employee relationship, until he wrapped his head around the matter, she went to spill their engagement to the press. 

It's a good thing DD decided to take charge after YG's drunken confession. She pursued him again, and YG was about to follow his heart, as advised by the wise (but should've been more active) Lawyer Koo, but because of Anna Kim's personal selfish desire, he changed his mind again and asked DD to just go to the US with Anna. Supposedly noble idiocy because that's a better future for DD.

I am now just watching very casually, skipping to scenes I want to watch only because I admit I'm already rather invested with what's going to happen to the kids.

SR is not fit to be a mother, seriously. The way she punished the boys is by locking them in the storage basement, switching off the lights, after threatening them that they will be haunted by ghosts and goblins will take them away to the dungeons of hell. Also not to forget saying to Se Chan that if she were to report to the police what he's done, they will come and arrest him. I don't know how the writer is going to redeem her believably...

The only great scene from last night was DD fighting back and pushing SR to the ground after twisting free from her hair grab.

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

13 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Stupid YG (I don't think I've ever met a more stupider ML) somehow believed her and felt bad.

Yes, this. In addition to the stupid double amnesia shtick, the ML has become an imbecile of immense proportions. I think Ji Hyun Woo deserved that daesang for having to play such a stupid character and trying to make it look sincere, even if it's sincerely stupid. Bah.

For a guy who is supposed to be a business whiz and a bit of a genius as well as a widower who had been in a loving relationship already, he's lost all ability to reason. Even after SR confessed that she lied to become engaged to him, he extends her a benefit of a doubt even after what his friend and sister have said, not to mention what he knows about what happened prior to the 3 months?

I think in an effort to drag the story out, the writer is throwing everything and the kitchen sink right now. Unfortunately, it makes for a boring watch. The plotline right now is more suited to a daily drama than to a weekender which is supposed to have better writing, acting, and directing talent than the dailies which survive on as much makjang as possible to get the housewives to watch.

I am now just watching very casually, skipping to scenes I want to watch only because I admit I'm already rather invested with what's going to happen to the kids.

I also tend to fast forward to the scenes of the children.

but because of Anna Kim's personal selfish desire, he changed his mind again and asked DD to just go to the US with Anna.

I've stopped finding Anna Kim a sympathetic character. They never did explain if there were extenuating circumstances to her abandoning the partner and their baby. And, for her to now decide she wants both the man and the daughter back, even though she's not willing to tell them the truth, and, oh yeah, the guy is married to someone else.

It's no longer about good intentions. It really is about her selfish desires. So, now I accept that she abandoned her partner and her child back then for her own selfish desires as well. So, in a way, she's basically the same as SRa in doing anything to get what she wants.

SR is not fit to be a mother, seriously. The way she punished the boys is by locking them in the storage basement, switching off the lights, after threatening them that they will be haunted by ghosts and goblins will take them away to the dungeons of hell. Also not to forget saying to Se Chan that if she were to report to the police what he's done, they will come and arrest him. I don't know how the writer is going to redeem her believably...

Ohmygosh! I don't want to watch this week's episodes now because I already know that I'm going to be upset. When SRa hit SC and told him that he was stupid and a poor student, not to mention planning to send him and JN to an overseas school to get them out of the way, I already thought that she was not fit to be anyone's mother. Not to mention, how she doting tells SJ that anything and everything he does is right and to not apologize, even when he has destroyed (accidentally) his brother's hard work.

But she continues to be a disaster after disaster when it comes to the kids. I can't imagine that they will redeem this character, and I'm already mad at the drama since with a love line with Gun and being the bio mom of SJ, she will be redeemed (probably). Errgghh. She deserves to go to jail with her mother the thief as con artists and thieves. Hmm, maybe they will still go to jail? But then Gun will be waiting for her when she gets released since jail terms aren't that long for being con artists? Whatever happens, poor Gun. I'm actually happy for them to introduce a new character in the second half of this drama so that Gun can have a happy, loving relationship with someone who isn't a total harpy freak.

• Like 1

@stroppyse If it makes you feel a bit better, the cliffhanger last night was YG telling SR that he wants to call off the engagement. I don't know how long this decision will last though :idk::laugh: Se Chan told YG that if SR becomes his mother, please just send him overseas to study, because he finds her scary and don't want to be living with her. So YG found out about the basement storage thing. Then he witnessed SR slapping DD as well. 

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

42 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

@stroppyse If it makes you feel a bit better, the cliffhanger last night was YG telling SR that he wants to call off the engagement. I don't know how long this decision will last though :idk::laugh: Se Chan told YG that if SR becomes his mother, please just send him overseas to study, because he finds her scary and don't want to be living with her. So YG found out about the basement storage thing. Then he witnessed SR slapping DD as well. 

That's definitely better. If he changes his mind again and goes ahead with an engagement/marriage to a woman who his children fear and who he has seen with his own eyes can be violent, I may drop this drama since the ML is too stupid for words.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Little Seo Woo Jin is such a cutie.... He looks so little as a 6 yo, but he is already giving his speech like a 16 yo. Very pro... and he already has 20 dramas under his belt!!

It's crazy how good he is! And, he even played the role of a little girl for 'Hi Bye Mama' and handled it like the pro that he is.

Anyway, caught up on the episodes, and all I can say is that SRa really does need to burn in jail. And, I totally get sick every time Gun looks at her with his soft eyes.

Still upset that the ML is such an idiot. I guess we should just be grateful that he didn't go ahead and marry Secretary Jo just on her say so. Ugh.

All of the relationships seem to have hit the skids. SR is finding it too hard to fit into DB's family. MR and her "friend" are going to find out that they're related by marriage. Anna Kim has turned into an evil, manipulative character for me. And, poor SC is rather stuck on all fronts. Ouch.

Se Chan and Se Jong are definitely the best part of this drama right now.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I actually like the arc that DB and SR's romance is taking. Life is hard and relationships are about more than just 2 people. It's also about their families. I liked how DB tells SR that they had both made up their minds and that they should be honest with themselves as they end their final date. Even though SR wanted to protest that she loved DB, she also knows that she won't be able to give it all up for DB to live his life, so she stays quiet if sad. So, perhaps she's also matured. No amity as they finish their relationship, no regrets, just a bit of wistfulness at finding true love that couldn't withstand their realities. I don't know that this romance has entirely finished its course since SR's new jerk boyfriend seems to be trying to pay DB off for some reason in the previews for the next episode, but it's a development that their relationship needed regardless of whether they get back together later or not.

Especially interesting now that DB's aunt knows that Wang Dae Rang was referring to her own brother and nephew so disparagingly.

As for YG and DD, it's a bit fatiguing in a way to watch them. However, it's good that DD isn't just crying all over the place any more, but is trying to get some honesty from YG. I do understand YG's reluctance to date DD. With a 14 year age difference, but also being a widower with 3 kids while DD has yet to have had any serious relationships at all, YG feels as if he would be saddling DD with too much baggage rather than being able to live her own life. However, this also feels a bit condescending. DD isn't 12 years old, she's 27. With YG's support and his love and the love of his children, DD may be able to achieve more than she ever could on her own. It's a world where money and social status matters a lot after all. And, it's not as if YG is going to prohibit DD from doing as she wants. The only thing that may require some delicacy would be birthing her own children, however, if done considerately, I would think the other kids might like having baby sisters and brothers.

Not to mention that in RL a lot of rich old men seem to have no issues with having much younger girlfriends and wives anyway, while giving the women much less consideration and control over their lives than YG would probably give to his wife.

Not sure where MiRim and her bf are going. Given that they are cousins-in-law, it is a bit ick to consider, but I don't think that it's illegal or anything, just not condoned by society.

As for Anna Kim, I don't really have a lot of sympathy for her. I had thought initially that perhaps there was more to the story of her abandonment of her baby and her lover, but I guess it was just straight up abandonment. I think SC is right to stay with the wife who saved him rather than the lover who abandoned him and their child.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Given that they are cousins-in-law, it is a bit ick to consider, but I don't think that it's illegal or anything, just not condoned by society.

Am rewatching Moon Lovers at moment.  Have been thinking out loud why is everyone talking about marrying their own brother or niece.  and  That's gross… 

i think everything will work out.  Have been enjoying the drama more, now that the amnesia story line is over.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mizv said:

Am rewatching Moon Lovers at moment.  Have been thinking out loud why is everyone talking about marrying their own brother or niece.  and  That's gross… 

In earlier times when there wasn't really an understanding of genetics or mutations, there were numerous attempts to keep royal bloodlines "pure" via incest. The Goryo Dynasty where ML is set was one of those eras when royal incest was common. Here is a link to the practices in Korea and elsewhere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_intermarriage#Korea

By modern standards, it is very gross.

17 minutes ago, Mizv said:

i think everything will work out.  Have been enjoying the drama more, now that the amnesia story line is over.  

Yes, I'm relieved the amnesia bit is finally over. I hope they don't bring it back if they run out of story.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

DD and YG are finally dating. It's kind of cute. There is still the drama over DD's mother to resolve, but at least DD knows most of the truth now. I think that SC is going to relent and let DD meet her mother. It wouldn't be a family drama if they didn't.

SRa and Gun are also dating. It's good that SRa is finally getting some affection from a guy, but since Gun is a rebound guy, hope SRa has learned her lesson. Then again, Gun is going to learn that SRa had a child with her ex-bf. I keep wondering what this will mean for Se Jong. If he learns his birth mother, then his birth father also has rights as well. However, even if SRa continues to not claim Se Jong for his sake, SRa's mother is a nightmare as well as a thief, and will probably try to claim SJ so that she can claim the rich family even if she can't have her rich son-in-law. I personally think that SRa's mother belongs in jail for being a thief, but doubt that she'll actually go to jail.

It looks as if Se Ryun is engaged to yet another jerk. Plus, her mother is determined to sell her daughter out so that she can claim SR's inheritance finally. The new guy has a daughter that his parents are claiming is their child on their registry. When SR's mother confronts the guy's mother about it, the guy's mother puts DR in her place, saying that SR is damaged goods as the daughter of a mistress as well as having dated unsuitable men, and won't be able to marry any guy of value if they turn down this marriage. DR's response is to keep the guy's daughter a secret. DR really is the scum of the earth as a mother.

As for the in-laws couple, their story started cute, but it's pretty boring.

As always, I watch for the scenes of Se Jong and Se Chan who remain completely adorable.

• Like 1

I must confess I laughed at Ms Wang’s suicidal moment.  I just couldn’t help myself… that lady is too much.  Normally I take these situations seriously… but for some reason I just couldn’t stop myself laughing. her reaction to the water was funny. 

The end of the episode left me shocked….I guess YG needs Dan Dan emotional support. So only way to do it is come out of hiding.   next week episodes will be interesting watching everyone reaction.  Expecting many objections…. Except from the kids.  It’s good the kids have an good relationship.   

wonder when will Anna identity will be exposed to Dan Dan.   It will be interesting reaction.  So many secrets in an open room of peoples.

• Like 2

Urgh, when is Sara going to grow up? She got mad because DD is showing so much love to Se Jong and piggyback him?? DD is spoiling the kid?? *rolleyes*

At the end of the day, what DR really cares about is the shares that SR has. Not anything else. Urgh, what kind of a mother this is. This episode, I really pity SR. I commend her brave decision to let go of her shares and feel the freedom she never had. Really like the step-siblings scene of YG and SR. Cannot believe that the children are more mature than the old witch. I wish for SR to find true happiness with DB. 

Am glad to not see DD crying for these two episodes, but seems like we're going to see crying DD again :PikachuFacePalm:

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

GOSH!!! Can some witches come and bring WDR and Sara back to witchland?! I truly truly despise them both now and I cannot see myself ever accepting their redemption going forward. Both are so childish and delusional that these should be a crime charged on them!! 😡😠😡😠😡

Great, starting next episode we’re going to see all the objections towards YG-DD from the seniors. About time. Hmm can I hope for Grandma maybe to support them? In the meantime, I will just continue to dream wishfully that PD-nim will delete scenes of WDR and Sara 😞

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Although I can understand where Soo Chul is coming from, he was wrong to lock Dandan up. It’s not as if his daughter is a minor. Dandan is already 27 years old! For God’s sake :popcorn: As with Anna Kim, she even hurt her daughter again by assuming the worst asking her daughter if money’s the reason she’s dating YG. Back away B. :KittyGun: I’m hating on her more than Sara tbh. 

I’m very curious as to what YG will do after Soo Chul kneels in front of him begging to break up with DD. What do you guys think???

Edited by laurisse
Mistakenly posted with uncompleted post
  • Like 2

Locking Dan Dan is absolutely immature for a grown man toward a grown daughter!,

it’s so ridiculously unsettling unspeakable unbelievable storyline!!! She is grown Woman!

I think The eldest daughter J will have something to do with breaking the ice.  she was left in the dark about their relationship for an reason…. Well also could be more oil to the fire if she too objects….

• Like 2

On 1/23/2022 at 5:27 PM, Mizv said:

I must confess I laughed at Ms Wang’s suicidal moment.  I just couldn’t help myself… that lady is too much.  Normally I take these situations seriously… but for some reason I just couldn’t stop myself laughing. her reaction to the water was funny. 

I was laughing as well. I think it's because I think of Wang Dae Ran as a selfish person who is also a survivor. She is someone who will do anything she has to in order to survive and get what she wants.

I found it rather shocking of her to try to sell out her daughter in order to get her daughter's inheritance regardless of her daughter's health of happiness. WDR is justifying it to herself because respectability and money are the only keys to a good life as far as WDR is concerned. As the mistress, she was never able to get respectability for herself, and she felt aggrieved that she was not left any shares in the company when YG's father died, so she doesn't feel that she was really able to get either, whereas SRyeon would get both by marrying the rich jerk, plus DR could then claim SRyeon's money for herself. The only reason that DR continues to live in that house is because she knows that she won't be able to afford such a grand house with servants for herself on the allowance that she is given. So, she can live like a grand madam for free while spending all of her money, including her allowance on herself. Talk about a free-loading leech. Plus, it's clear that she clung to YG's father because he was rich, and not because of love or any silly thing like that.

So, when she decides to commit suicide, it felt theatrical rather than sincere. Instead of an act of desperation, it felt like petulance.

On 1/23/2022 at 7:55 PM, ktcjdrama said:

This episode, I really pity SR. I commend her brave decision to let go of her shares and feel the freedom she never had. Really like the step-siblings scene of YG and SR. Cannot believe that the children are more mature than the old witch. I wish for SR to find true happiness with DB. 

It was nice to see the scene between YG and SRyeon. SRyeon is still his little sister regardless of how he may feel about her mother.

I hope that SRyeon is able to find true happiness. I'm not sure that it should be with DB as yet, since they both still have separate journeys to maturity, however, it feels as if the drama is pushing them together anyway.

On 1/30/2022 at 5:34 AM, laurisse said:

Although I can understand where Soo Chul is coming from, he was wrong to lock Dandan up. It’s not as if his daughter is a minor. Dandan is already 27 years old! For God’s sake 

Totally with you. DD is not a child. In fact, you could say that she is old to still be single at that age. And, yes, she's potentially looking at taking on a lot of baggage in marrying a widower with 3 children. On the other hand, she loves YG and his children. At least 2 of the children want DD as their new mother. Locking her up in her room as ridiculous, but to watch SC and SJ cry outside her room door was just beyond.

And actually, given that DD had yet to figure out her future, being the wife of the chairman is not a bad position to be in, if it's a loving, supportive relationship. DD could do far more with YG's backing than she might achieve on her own. I would think that DD's father would focus more on YG's intentions and DD's thoughts, rather than the knee jerk reaction of locking her up.

Perhaps this drama wants more makjang elements to keep viewership up?

As for Anna Kim, she should tell YG and DD that she's DD's mother first. I think it really, really stinks that neither DD's father or DD's mother will actually tell her the truth and DD has had to go digging for the little information that she has had. They are all "protecting" her, but protecting her from what?

But, no I still reserve my harshest judgment for Jo Se Ra and her thief of a mother.

• Like 1

Stupid!crazy!infuriating ep.38!

If it isn't because I am too invested with the kids and our OTP, I would've dropped this drama already. But I guess that's how it is with family dramas, no matter how deranged the plot is, we somehow cannot stop watching it, LOLOL... 

Can you believe a young kid like SeChan could even note and state that locking up DD is a violation against humans rights?! 

I have nothing else to say about the episode...

• Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

9 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

If it isn't because I am too invested with the kids and our OTP, I would've dropped this drama already.

LOL. No words truer than this 😂

9 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Can you believe a young kid like SeChan could even note and state that locking up DD is a violation against humans rights?! 

Even my mom was laughing at the part where SC locked DD up because it was ridiculous to her. It was as if DD is a minor.   I’m hoping YG will not waver and keep his promise to DD even if SC kneels in front of him. 

Well, if only SC died at his accident, our OTP would probably be married by now. Let’s add Anna Kim to that list 🤣 Seeing as how she’s hurting DD with her assumptions, we don’t need to see her face anymore. I’m kinda liking Yeong Shil right now. I’m kind of annyoed during the past episodes at her because she’s easily moved by money. However, I think she’s one of the people who will approve of their relationship since she’ll probably like how DD will become the wife of FT Group’s chairman. 😛 

12 more episodes to go. YG better not waver. They better get married sooner because I’m hoping for some honeymoon and family life scenes. Also hoping for a baby along the way! 

I was also quite worried when SR applied to become a florist to get closer to the Lee family. But looking at Gun’s actions, he’ll probably be distracting her anyway. Lol. I think Gun deserves someone better but seeing as they are the main couple, they’re probably gonna get together at the very end. My mom and I think SR likes Gun already but just has lingering issues with YG because of her feelings in the past and she likes the idea if being the chairman’s wife. Plus, she’ll get to be with her son. She’s just very keen on the idea of the perfect family she has on her mind because she’s kind of delusional if no one noticed 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, laurisse said:

m kinda liking Yeong Shil right now. I’m kind of annyoed during the past episodes at her because she’s easily moved by money. However, I think she’s one of the people who will approve of their relationship since she’ll probably like how DD will become the wife of FT Group’s chairman.

Sometimes I think she is just a simple-minded practical person. If she were so money-loving, she would’ve agreed to DB being with SR who loves to pamper people with material gifts. 

They better get married sooner because I’m hoping for some honeymoon and family life scenes. Also hoping for a baby along the way! 

Er... I would be happy to see a wedding at the end. I dare not hope to see honeymoon or baby. Happy family life, already happening now haha...

has lingering issues with YG because of her feelings in the past and she likes the idea if being the chairman’s wife. Plus, she’ll get to be with her son.

She is soooo delusional. Holding on to a flirty praise from 22 yo YG. Other than him praising her looks and thinking she is his ideal woman, the rest of their interactions are fabricated by her. She couldn’t make up her mind. Or like you said, she wants a perfect family... or just greedy. If her main goal is to be next to Se Jong, she should’ve just watched herself and not cross the boundaries. Surely YG will keep her for the longest time at the house instead of finding a new butler Ms.Kim. Speaking of which, don’t you just love Ms.Kim? I love her detailed report to YG! LOLOL..:

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif