Love Like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂 [2022]

Tofu

3 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I watch from ep8 onwards, when she said LBY admires her but she is not interested to all the bitchy ladies, and then just let it run while I work. The parts that I will stop and pay attention are:

Reveal hidden contents

- when she went to the Wan family and met LBY there

- ep12 of course!

- where LY announces they are engaged to LBY and YSJ and the dinner with YSJ's master - I love that discussion on how he failed the aunt

- where she has to break off the engagement to LY - love YSJ's explanation to NN why LY is He Zhaojun's last resort and then she asked YS to marry HZJ instead lol, and also when LBY says 我来了 at the execution then tries to protect NN when HZJ was scolding her

- when LBY saves her at the Pagoda, emperor first meets her in the tent, and her visit to his house with her father

- ep24 where LBY saved her from the fall and proposed!

- when they attended LY and HZJ's wedding - I like that she defended him when HZJ said he has 杀气

- when they reconcile and meet with the emperor and queen (I skip the exercise parts and when he tries to make her family laugh - somehow I don't enjoy those)

- ep 38/40 with Consort Yue!

- their betrothal scene when the 2 woman were banished!

- empress's birthday bash until the fall of the 5th princess

- when they go investigate the Liang family

- also love the part when NN sends soup to LBY after court and the minister says he is so lucky

Then I usually stop after LY's older brother's death.

What are your favourite scenes?

Moving our convo of LLTG here. Amazing you even remember the episode number. I only remember 12, because I've rewatched that scene numerous times, including sharing that to recommend you to watch it with us. Haha.

To be honest, I haven't re-watched it as much as you did after it ended. That's why I was wondering what do you like if you had to pick an episode to re-watch.

• E12 is definitely a given. There was electricity coming out of them in that wound treatment scene.

• I like the part where they fought at her house, when LBY look hurt, that gave me feels.

• I like the part where he asked for her hand in marriage - the 非她不娶

• I like the part before they were discussing at dinner about her uncle's wife.

• I basically like their little interactions when they are alone, but it's scattered everywhere in the episodes, so I don't even remember where to look/start.

• I like the part after they fought, LBY beat up the guy and got in trouble with Emperor, and Shao Shang was mumbling/complaining outside siding him... and the whole back & forth between them in front of the Emperor. But didn't like the beating part - this part was more fun in the novel than the drama.

• Investigation of the Liang family where he swing his cloak was swoon-worthy

• I also like the scene where SS confronted her mother in the earlier episode (7 I think). That was equally as good as the novel's.

• I like Lei's performance when he killed his uncle, but don't really like rewatching that part.

• I rewatch his injured/fainting scenes. LOL

There are scenes and dialogues from the novels I liked more, but not played out in the drama.

I'm surprised you liked the 我來了! That was cringy for me, so I didn't like it whenever he said that. LOL!

• Haha 1
On 2/16/2024 at 2:30 PM, mademoiselle said:

There are scenes and dialogues from the novels I liked more, but not played out in the drama.

I'm surprised you liked the 我來了! That was cringy for me, so I didn't like it whenever he said that. LOL!

I thought his 我來了 is quite romantic 😂

I tried reading the properly translated novel. But the translator was releasing it quite slowly so I lost momentum. Will try to continue.

In my whole lifetime (and that's quite long hahaha), I think I can only say there are 4 top-notch c-dramas in my list:

- The Empress of China

- Yanxi Palace

- Love Like the Galaxy

- Fake It Till You Make It

• Haha 1

@Chocolate I much prefer if he said 別怕,有我在. LOL!

On rewatch, I'm grumbling at the writer. Under her pen, so many of the female characters are stupid and doesn't know when to shut their mouth to save their own lives (the grandmother - though she's entertainingly funny, the aunt, 3rd + 5th princess, Crown Princess, Wang Ling, Lou Yao's sister and her mother, Wen Xiu Jun, Yu Chang*, Ru Yang and ZiSheng's stepmother). I'm also (still) not a fan of the Empress.

*In novel, Yu Chang isn't spoilt like in the drama.

Feel like there are more stupid women than stupid men in this show. The 5th Prince is not smart, but at least he was hilarious whereas these women are just plain one-dimensionally bitchy.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate I much prefer if he said 別怕,有我在. LOL!

That's such a mouthful hahaha. LBY is a man of few words!

2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

On rewatch, I'm grumbling at the writer. Under her pen, so many of the female characters are stupid and doesn't know when to shut their mouth to save their own lives (the grandmother - though she's entertainingly funny, the aunt, 3rd + 5th princess, Crown Princess, Wang Ling, Lou Yao's sister and her mother, Wen Xiu Jun, Yu Chang*, Ru Yang and ZiSheng's stepmother). I'm also (still) not a fan of the Empress.

*In novel, Yu Chang isn't spoilt like in the drama.

The novel writer or the screenwriter?

I recommended my dad to watch this, but he couldn't take the noisy grandmother / a bunch of women quarelling 😂

There are some changes in characters between the book and drama, so I am quite lost on those. I tend to just skip it as I really only want to read the parts between SS and YSJ and LBY, and see what's the difference in the overall plot.

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

That's such a mouthful hahaha. LBY is a man of few words!

有我在 works too!

12 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

The novel writer or the screenwriter?

I recommended my dad to watch this, but he couldn't take the noisy grandmother / a bunch of women quarelling 😂

Both novel writer and screenwriter.

I agree with your dad. I nearly drop the drama because the grandmother and aunt were so noisy! The scene where SS confronted her mother was what kept me going.

I blame the Director for allowing such overly dramatic quarelling. I find the scene of 5th princess downfall the worst and too melodramatic. It wasn't like this in the book. In the drama, everyone apart from LBY, SS and Concubine Yue were yelling in the end. Even the Emperor himself was yelling, which I thought was unnecessary. As an Emperor, he had no 威嚴 at that moment, which I find against his character.

18 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

There are some changes in characters between the book and drama, so I am quite lost on those. I tend to just skip it as I really only want to read the parts between SS and YSJ and LBY, and see what's the difference in the overall plot.

Is the translator still translating? I hope she will continue on and complete it.

Do you mean you wanted to read what happened after LBY killed his uncle i.e., the part where Shao Shang is engaged to Yuan Shan Jian and then Ling Bu Yi returned?

In novel, SS and YSJ are in a more friendly situation than in the drama. In drama, YSJ was very childish in the sense that he keeps saying things against his will and annoy SS. In the book, she asked YSJ to find out for her how Lou Yao was doing, except just when he has news for her, she had no time to care about Lou Yao because LBY got into big trouble with Emperor coz of her (the bit where he was spanked).

44 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Is the translator still translating? I hope she will continue on and complete it.

Do you mean you wanted to read what happened after LBY killed his uncle i.e., the part where Shao Shang is engaged to Yuan Shan Jian and then Ling Bu Yi returned?

In novel, SS and YSJ are in a more friendly situation than in the drama. In drama, YSJ was very childish in the sense that he keeps saying things against his will and annoy SS. In the book, she asked YSJ to find out for her how Lou Yao was doing, except just when he has news for her, she had no time to care about Lou Yao because LBY got into big trouble with Emperor coz of her (the bit where he was spanked).

Can't seem to find the story anymore. The link just brings you back to the main synopsis. You try?

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/love-like-the-galaxy/

I think you mentioned that in the novel, the 3 male leads were quite equal. So I wondered about that. I quite like YSJ in the drama.