Love Like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂 [2022]

Tofu

as we're on the topic of seeing WL as a good Male Lead... mine would be Guardians Of The Ancient Oath

Spoiler

Hahaha.. not the best writing out there,,,, but here I can see the potential of WL as a intense Male Lead. 

PS. I admit I skips alot and only watch WuLei and Zueer's scenes hahahaha... I love them so much.

Spoiler

Sobs! 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

And back to the topic of Galaxy... I think what differentiate the novel and drama for the 5 years later arc are:

Drama : passive acceptance

Novel   : common sense

In the drama we can see and everyone can see they're miserable apart yet  also miserable together because they're the ones that's stuck in the past.. that's why they need a hurricane level of issue to force them to get back together.. (Altho I think its still to simple and 4 episode is not enough to fleshed out the story)

In the novel.. our leads, and CUPIDS have to much common sense... and will tell the leads in their face.. you're miserable apart.. why don't you get back together.. be happy...and they will shoots their cupids arrow multiple times.. lolol... altho in the end everyone (HBY and the emperor) acknowledge the real issue was if SS can trust hby again.. 

While the novel takes a comedy route... its actually more on the satire side for me... i'm not sure how to explain it.. its funny yet also sad when you think about it.. Altho for the most part the drama retains this theme.. it also can't help itself to go back to the usual c-drama ending.. which.. after watching too many c-drama.. i'll just sigh and accept.. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
20 minutes ago, Lynne said:

I admit I skips alot and only watch WuLei and Zueer's scenes hahahaha... I love them so much.

I love both of them too! I couldn't watch this because I'm so used to their voices and I couldn't get into their dubbed voice. :cry:

Everyone is crying so much....

LLTG-122.gif

LLTG-124.gif
LLTG-125.gif

While Zisheng is just standing there looking like, "why is everyone so sad?"

LLTG-123.gif

:laugh:

• Haha 5
45 minutes ago, Lynne said:

as we're on the topic of seeing WL as a good Male Lead... mine would be Guardians Of The Ancient Oath

Oh, but that's not his voice. Why do c-dramas dub?

I think part of Ling Buyi's attraction is his voice. He is such a no nonsense guy, but when he is with SS, it gentles to the other extreme. 我来了. 🤣 (I am here.)

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 4

Oh man, I so want to play in here right now! It's so much more enjoyable than my work.

@Tofu I was rolling my eyes for that scene 🙄. So over the top. But can we have the hugging gifs from that scene? 🥰

@Chocolate I know right? These actors can say their own lines so why dub! 😠 I was rewatching the part where LBY wants to destroy the house to find SS, the 把他圍了(surround him) and 我看你動不動容 (let's see if you are not affected) was so swoony 😆. I just so don't think the dubber, good or not, will do justice! 😤

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I was rewatching the part where LBY wants to destroy the house to find SS, the 把他圍了(surround him) and 我看你動不動容 (let's see if you are not affected) was so swoony 😆.

This scene was quite unexpected. Most would listen and step aside to make way for the culprit to leave/escape so the hostage won't be harmed. But LBY instead says 圍 (surround) and threatens him back! What an amazing character.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

LLTG-123.gif

He looked like he went out and played with mud. :lmao2:

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

This scene was quite unexpected. Most would listen and step aside to make way for the culprit to leave/escape so the hostage won't be harmed. But LBY instead says 圍 (surround) and threatens him back! What an amazing character.

Isn't it because when threaten you don't yield to threats? Plus if that guy dares to harm SS, he'd chase him to the end of the world ... he's that kind of character. Though in the novel, LBY didn't have to order his guards to surround him. They already surrounded him. The cool part is LBY was ordering the destruction of the house from 1st floor so he actually jumped from the 1st floor to the ground when Liang Xia came out with SS.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle I love both, but Ashile Sun wins my heart because of how affectionate he is -- maybe that curly long braided reddish hair is the real reason why...HAHAHA!!

It must be the hair because LBY is affectionate too - it's just not shown in the drama. He kisses SS's palm so many times in the novel. He laughs so much when he's with SS (although I cannot imagine him laughing out loud). I was reading the chapter about them investigating Crown Prince's ex-lover's husband murder case and there was one scene where SS argues with the second prince, threatens him that she'll write to his wife to tattle-tell on him for not behaving while she is away (he wanted to get involved in investigating the case).

Imagine this cute scene:

SS said she'll write to the princess. 2nd prince gets angry and threatens to hit her. She hides behind LBY. She then poke her head out and rest it on LBY's shoulder, and continues to argue with the prince. LBY supported her by offering to send her letter (speed mail by horse LOL) to the 2nd princess. At one point, the prince got closer and LBY pushed him down to the ground :lmao2:

Another cute scene:

Before they discuss about the murder case, on the same day, LBY wanted SS to ask Empress for a day off. She declined saying she wants to sleep and it's too cold. So LBY is a bit unhappy. But after this murder case, SS offered to be the Empress's eyes so on her way out of palace, she waited for LBY knowing that he'll definitely follow. She clings onto LBY's arm and LBY flings her hand away, walked away ignoring her so she teases, "I was gonna tell him I took 3 days off so we could go on a trip to the mountain..." LBY doubled back like a wind asking, "What did you say? Really? Really?" and he lifted her up playfully wanting to throw her to the ground but SS: "If you dare, I'll marry someone else!" and LBY puts her down and tells her "How can I (hurt you)?".

In the carriage, on the way to Liang's house, they continued to flirt and play fight... SS even accidentally slips her hand into LBY's shirt and touch his chest. Ahem.

• Awesome 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

Has the steamy tweet been deleted? I can’t see it.

Spoiler

My dear…

pushing all previous complaints aside.  WL knows what he is doing. 🥰

I wonder if all websites will reupload LLTG  t re edition  or have to keep eye out on Tencent?

Watched Upcoming on Netflix.  Totally was refreshing seeing WL in different role.  

Edited by Mizv
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Mizv said:

Watched Upcoming on Netflix.  Totally was refreshing seeing WL in different role.  

He was in another movie called Adoring with Zhang Zifeng (his costar in Upcoming Summer) too. He only had a small part in this movie because it's a movie with a bunch of stories about people and their pets. Wu Lei plays a highschooler who becomes blind and his best friend (Zhang Zifeng) trains her dog to be his guide dog. It's the sweetest and cutest story and I only watched this movie because of them. I was telling @mademoiselle that with this many projects together, I need Wu Lei and Zhang Zifeng in a drama together where they fall in love and have a happily ever after ending. They are both children actors who, to me, are like the Yeo Jin Goo and Kim Yoo Jung of Chinese dramaland. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@mademoiselle Those scenes are so cute!! Why didn't they include them in the drama?! Why does Wu Lei have to be so shy about these scenes?! :letalQQ:

@ktcjdrama You are breezing through the drama so fast! When you're done, please watch Love Between Fairy and Devil too. :pandacoolsip:

I'm glad that Wu Lei asked the director for this scene (originally CSS was supposed to come in after he killed his uncle). There were so many emotions in this one cut. It captured the anguish of someone who got their revenge but lost everything else. LLTG-126.gif

Spoiler

LLTG-127.gif

LLTG-128.gif
LLTG-129.gif

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2