Love Like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂 [2022]

Tofu

52 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I'm a bot scare to watch today eps....Does the killing spree starts today??

Yes, but it's at the end of episode 48, which means waiting until next week if you cannot purchase the express package. However, you and @mademoiselle understand Chinese, so you can just watch on Duboku. All of the episodes are out on there. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
4 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

@Tofu

I always have problem with WeTv, it's lag all the time. It's a waste for me to purchase the express. iQiyi is better for me.

On WeTV, you can't even watch the express episodes on your computer. You have to watch it on the mobile app. :jiminbtssigh:

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

Do you have the link to Season 2?

In case other people wants to watch the rest of the episodes -- only with Chinese subtitles here. 

As @OsmanthusTea mentioned, the one on WeTV is only available in the mobile app. I'm not sure about iQIYI since it's blocked for my region. 

@Lynne says the ending is satisfying so that's good news! I already watched the scene where they see each other for the first time after five years -- so much sadness and pain. :letalQQ:

• Like 7
8 minutes ago, Mizv said:

Yes I have no life until I finish these episodes. 😂

All day my BFF has been texting me about the episodes she's watching. We both work from home today but I seriously have no idea how she does it! I only managed to watch episode 44-46 and I skipped though a lot of the episodes (I didn't care for Luo Family's dilemma). She's almost done with the entire drama and I'm pretty sure she had meetings today. I bet she just turned her camera off and mute herself the entire time so she can watch this. :lmao2:

• Haha 7

@mademoiselle

I cheated and watched the last 3 first thinking that the sugar and spice would sweeten my palate before i exposed myself to the bitter scenes. I had a

Spoiler

Wtf moment at the ending scene. Flabbergasted. It was poetically beautiful and all, but i felt cheated. I will say no more and shut myself in the closet while i sulk. 

@NiteWalker apparently it was not an outright ban but a strong suggestion not to. I had the same reaction as u when i watched a dream of splendor fast track. China Boleh!

@Tofui have been guilty of what your friend did on quite a few occasions 

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Haha 6
1 hour ago, IpohBanana said:

@mademoiselle

I cheated and watched the last 3 first thinking that the sugar and spice would sweeten my palate before i exposed myself to the bitter scenes. I had a

Hide contents

Wtf moment at the ending scene. Flabbergasted. It was poetically beautiful and all, but i felt cheated. I will say no more and shut myself in the closet while i sulk. 

@NiteWalker apparently it was not an outright ban but a strong suggestion not to. I had the same reaction as u when i watched a dream of splendor fast track. China Boleh!

@Tofui have been guilty of what your friend did on quite a few occasions 

You watch the last episode??😨

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Tasty 1
On 8/16/2022 at 5:58 PM, SheepMoon said:

@NiteWalkerit's just been confirmed.

They did a work around...."it's a live broadcast with the cast members to watch the last 8 eps together." I believe tencent did this for another drama too....dream of splendor maybe?

hahaha ya i just saw them all.... :lenny:

i guess anything that bring in money...there will be no stop to it...besides those who are willing to pay will be like....we are willing to pay why are you guys banning it @IpohBanana

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

OMG, I have so much complaints about the 5 years later stories. :GengarPout:

Why must Shao Shang become so... depressing and gloomy? She's only 20-21 years old for crying out loud! The angst is so unnecessary for most of the scenes/stories. So much time wasted on other characters e.g., empress' deathbed than the main characters.

And what is with this white-washing of the mother and grandmother? As intelligent as Shao Shang, she should know the sacrifices her mum made for her on the night Ling Bu Yi killed Ling Yi. She was there supporting her daughter all the way, risking her own life. She slaps her before and told her to protect herself because she would be the last Cheng blood. She was also there seeing Shao Shang lock herself in the palace for 5 years, crying. If this isn't an act of motherly love, then what is? That whole "made up" scene was just so MEH and I wasn't even touched because it was so deliberate. Same with the grandmother.

I'd rather this 5 episodes spent on showing us how Zi Sheng and Shao Shang find their way back to each other. I rather see Zi Sheng go nutty over chasing and grovel at Shao Shang, begging her to take him back!

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Why must Shao Shang become so... depressing and gloomy?

CSS was heartbroken.  She felt so abandoned  LBY/HWS.  We all have experienced that at some point in our lives.  

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I'd rather this 5 episodes spent on showing us how Zi Sheng and Shao Shang find their way back to each other. I rather see Zi Sheng go nutty over chasing and grovel at Shao Shang,

Lou Ben wife appeared, and whatsoever his name  was unnecessary. -  I don’t know if that was in the book?  But I guess the drama needed an intense heroic connection of the two.   Though I wish saw  the scene of LBY groveling on his knees and bit CSS arm.   The book scene sounded much more exciting.  I thought some scenes were so cheesy though. There are too many to mention I have already forgotten them.

Its often said the book is better than the drama/movie.  I’ve read more intense intimate scenes not shown in the drama.  I don’t know if it was censorship thing, writing, or the actors.   Nevertheless it good enough and just taking what was given.  Some actors have a solid reputation of being a good kisser and its expected.  Since WL grew up in front of the screen, what can we expect.   That’s a lot of pressure.  

Cried buckets when CSS mother ran after her and apologized.  She was so regretful and finally showed herself as a mother.  I cried even more when the Empress died.  That was so sad, but opened the door for LBY to come back.

This is my first time seeing WL in a drama.  Am very impressed with his emotions he portrayed in this drama.  Will definitely check his future modern drama.

now that I’ve completely binged watched all night I can return to life and enjoy a normal weekend.  Those still watching enjoy and have some tissues ready. 

Edited by Mizv
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Hi everyone!! I’m also hopping onto the Galaxy wagon here... :yayaya:

Just finished ep.5. Will try to catch up as soon as possible. 

Urgh, I really cannot stand the grandmother, such a whiny person. Next is the mother. Totally wrong approach with a child you’ve left for so many years. 

• Clapping Hands 4
  • Party! 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I'm done with all episodes. Season 2's episodes' editing are quite choppy and the flow of story-telling is not smooth. Since this is pre-filmed, I didn't think the flow of the story would turn out this way. The last five episodes were particularly difficult to power through, as in, I lost interest rather than thoroughly enjoy it. There were very little scenes of our OTP. I struggle with E54-55 because there were just so many scenes that are unnecessarily looooong and deliberately dragged on whereas the more interesting and important ones were quickly mentioned in passing and not explained in depth.

I'm not a fan of the stereotypical angst and the angst in these episodes were particularly old school. I don't normally watch C-dramas so am I to take it as that Chinese viewers still love watching this kind of cry-cry-cry angst? Because I'll be damned, here we have a novel version to adapt to the screen/drama and the script writer chose to change it and swap the fun/adventure/interesting parts with lots of angst.

I find gloomy/depressing Shao Shang out of character. She had wanted to die with Zi Sheng but in all honesty if she was in Zi Sheng's shoes, she most likely would do the same out of love for him too. She was angry at him for making her open up her heart to him but he didn't do the same. I understand and relate to that; however, that doesn't mean she needs to lose herself coz of the heartbreak. She survived 15 years without love and without her family. She is a strong-minded girl. She may sealed her heart again but she's independent and optimistic so she wouldn't lose her old self for anyone. She may have lost Ling Bu Yi but she still has her family and the empress' love thus to me, this is not the Shao Shang that we know of anymore. Cheng Shao Shang is not Cheng Shao Shang if she's lost her spunk and liveliness. How does one serve an already unhappy Empress when the server is also super gloomy and depressed? It's illogical. To add extra angst into the drama, I believe Shao Shang's character had been sacrificed.

The Cheng family appearing to save Village Guo comes off weird because if they were to come to the rescue, where are the soldiers? Shao Shang's dad is also a General and has his own soldiers he can command. Yang Yang and hub Marquis Ban Jr. appearing in that scene were also out of characters because they were no fighters (even though yes, in the drama they were tasked to save the village rather than fight) yet still out of character and illogical because going by Xiao Yuan Yi's personality, she wouldn't put Yang Yang in danger.

12 hours ago, Mizv said:

Lou Ben wife appeared, and whatsoever his name was unnecessary. -  I don’t know if that was in the book?

Yes they were in the book. They were both the final villains. Just like in the drama, Shao Shang with Shao Gong were travelling to the empress' hometown. On her way there, she was attacked by Luo Ji Tong & her men first. Shao Shang, having been skillful she was well-prepared with her own-made weapon (bomb) and she also defended herself with the battle knowledge she gained from Zi Sheng. On the way to Empress' hometown, she visited Lou Yao & family. In that town, similar to the drama, they were all trapped in an underground as planned by Wang Yan Ji when they were looking for Yuan Shen. She partnered up with Tian Shuo but in the end realises her mistake and gave away Tian Shuo's location to save lives. This storyline is important since it's where Shao Shang and Zi Sheng officially got back together and joined hands to save the people and Crown Prince.

12 hours ago, Mizv said:

Though I wish saw  the scene of LBY groveling on his knees and bit CSS arm. The book scene sounded much more exciting. I thought some scenes were so cheesy though.

I was hoping to see this scene too. It is definitely more entertaining to see LBY goes crazy biting SS and SS struggles to break free and hit/fight with him. Then he grovels, begs and cries only to have the princesses bumped into this scene. It was supposed to be entertaining and not at all so heavy like it was presented in the drama.

Anyway, I think this isn't the finale because at the end of E56, it didn't say "The End" but "see you next time".

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1