Love Like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂 [2022]

Tofu

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

The Cheng family appearing to save Village Guo comes off weird because if they were to come to the rescue, where are the soldiers? Shao Shang's dad is also a General and has his own soldiers he can command. Yang Yang and hub Marquis Ban Jr. appearing in that scene were also out of characters because they were no fighters (even though yes, in the drama they were tasked to save the village rather than fight) yet still out of character and illogical because going by Xiao Yuan Yi's personality, she wouldn't put Yang Yang in danger.

Aww a reminder of cheesy part for me 😂

• Like 3

Finished ep.12. 

I love seeing how Shao Shang speak up to people, especially her mother. The first part of ep.6 was great, when she pointed out her mother’s favoritism. That tiger mom, why can’t she just see any good in Shao Shang? And being so fierce and stern whenever talking to her. Urgh, cannot stand her. Although have to thank her for stopping the engagement with Lou Yao, but the way she is doing it is so over the top. It’s good that she wants to make sure there is love between the two, but gosh, the way she roared to everyone about the engagement, I really cannot stand it. Why she made it seems that she hates her daughter so much?? I mean, there are other ways to communicate. 

I really like the character of Shao Shang. Tbh, I am more interested in her than Ling Bu Yi. For now. My fear is that for such long drama, will this strong female character turned into weak person when love comes. I mean, this often happens in dramas, where the character turned soft and weak when they’re in love. 

And I do hope there will be minimum fighting/war scenes. I know it’s inevitable since the characters are mostly generals, warriors and such. I hope it’s kept to minimum. Really dislike seeing scenes of main characters losing loved ones in battles, eg. dying in their arms. I’ve had enough of watching those scenes in the past. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Up to ep52. @mademoiselle SS's still got bite!

Shaoshuang has remained by the Empress for the last 5 years. During this time, Yuan Shanjian and SS have been meeting. But where are the interactions??? I read that there are 10+ episodes that have been discarded and his scenes are likely part of those 😢 The poor chap, wants to marry her but had to propose to her as a business arrangement to try to convince her. She agrees then Huo Buyi returns! Talk about timing. He should have moved faster lol. Never learnt his lesson from the first 2 times.

Zisheng on one hand says he has no intentions of getting back with SS, on the other hand, YS says this. What does the book say? Did he always have plans to get her back? If he schemes the same way as with his revenge, it's so romantic 🥰😂 But I feel sad for YSJ - he looks scared of losing her in this scene.

GuWSaVd.png

kORIYAM.png

That Luo Niangzi. She's suffering from delusion:

- ZS kicks her out of his camp = he doesn't want to overwork her

- ZS doesn't bring her back with him to the Capital = he wants to propose marriage to her in the Capital 🙄

So good to see SS still has her edge when she is being bullied. And I love a man who will point-blank tell a woman off that he has no interest in her. Good episode!

Btw, what's the significance of the bronze mirror that ZS sent her, with the dowry?

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1

@abs-oluteM Lei Lei mentioned in the live meeting they didn't film "after-marriage" scenes when he was asked how many different types of names he had used to address Shao Shang.

@Chocolate Yuan Shen is the saddest character in here, hahahaha! At least in the novel he managed to be engaged to Shao Shang for few months before Zi Sheng forced them to break it off. In drama, it made it out like he's never gotten the girl at all.

4 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Zisheng on one hand says he has no intentions of getting back with SS, on the other hand, YS says this. What does the book say? Did he always have plans to get her back? If he schemes the same way as with his revenge, it's so romantic 🥰😂 But I feel sad for YSJ - he looks scared of losing her in this scene.

Zi Sheng did in the beginning had no intention of getting back with Shao Shang. BUT, his eyes lit up and sparkle again when he first saw her (similar situation here - but she and Shao Gong were heading home via riding horses). She, too, got a bit nervous seeing him because she planned her off day so that she wouldn't risk bumping into him however he came back earlier than she planned. So they met and she was so nervous that she got on Shao Gong's horse instead so Zi Sheng walked up and fixed the horse straps again. She rejected him so he said "Am I not even qualified to adjust your stirrups for you now?"

At this point he still wishes her happiness with Yuan Shen. On the other hand, Luo Niang Zi made it out like she'll be Zi Sheng's wife... Shao Shang even helped her by organising her to sit with Zi Sheng at the royal banquet. But Zi Sheng went to sit with Yuan Shen so Shao Shang had to sit with Luo Niang Zi instead. That's when Luo Niang Zi tells Shao Shang all those stupid things (in drama, it was a meal with the Empress).

It was not until Zi Sheng was accused (I forgot what the crime is) and Shao Shang was made to be a witness for him to prove his alibi and recount their lovey dovey days in court {TMI: where they were on a holiday, soak in a hotspring together where Zi Sheng pretended he needed massage from Shao Shang to Shao Shang sprained her ankle, Zi Sheng piggyback her} that after Zi Sheng proved his innocence that he decided then and there, inside the carriage with Shao Shang, Yuan Shen and 5th prince, he tells them to break the engagement and Shao Shang to marry him. He also convinces Yuan Shen that Shao Shang doesn't know herself well and what she likes, and that he does using an example that she likes prawns but because the empress is allergic to it so even though she likes it (and would eat a lot when presented to her), she makes herself believe she doesn't like it either and would not seek out / pretend like others.

Another TMI: Before engaging with Yuan Shen, Shao Shang actually asked the ex-Crown Prince if he's interested to marry her. He got so scared he ran out of the mum's palace. And Zi sheng knowing her well knew she would pick him! Yuan Shen was all, "I know about this! Don't try any tricks" but he was genuinely shocked when Zi Sheng guessed correctly the next person Shao Shang asked was the 5th prince - indirectly indicating he knows SS very well. 5th prince got so scared that he runs out of the carriage~ lol.

Luo Niang Zi on the other hand, was being used by Zi Sheng as a shield to stop the Emperor from nagging him to get marry and also to let people leave Shao Shang alone and marries Yuan Shen. He never showed interest but he doesn't stop her from being around because he was thankful she saved Ah Fei's life. He was also sort of watching her as well because he knew she killed the maid who serves her (and was the one who framed Shao Shang in the palace) and also killed her husband.

In one encounter, Luo Niang Zi noticed Shao Shang's bite mark. Out of spite, she tells Zi Sheng that the bite mark is fading since she knew over the past 5 years, when Zi Sheng misses Shao Shang, he'll touch his bite mark. He took Shao Shang to an isolated room in the palace and forcifully lifted her sleeves to check. Shao Shang admitted she's been using many medicines to lighten the mark so by the time she marries Yuan Shen, the mark will be gone. Zi Sheng went crazy, restrain her movement and bite her at the same spot again while she tries to fight back/hit/scratch etc etc. After biting, he puts medicine on her and then grovel/beg her to take him back. Imagine a scene SS was standing and Zi Sheng on one knee hugging her waist and crying and begging.

LOL, Zi Sheng wasn't really scheming this time... was he, @Lynne? He just bluntly tells those two to break up, and they already freak out and had no idea how to defend themselves because Shao Shang knows very well when Zi Sheng wants to go crazy, he will go all the way :laugh:! The whole thing played out quite hilariously and happy/comedic, unlike the drama version - so angsty all the way.

@OsmanthusTea Yeah, that's how I am with E54-55. I keep stopping and had to rant. Agree, his performance in the revenge scene was phenomenal. Is there an Academy Awards (Oscar) kind of thing in China at the end of the year because I think he deserves one for his acting performance here. I mean, sorry to YY, Ling Bu Yi is a character even better than Yu Tu. The complexity in the character itself and it was so well portrayed by a 22 years old! :pandachamp:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Insightful 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

If he schemes the same way as with his revenge, it's so romantic 🥰😂

:lmao2: You are really one of a kind! I was like :shocked2::shocked: when I found out he was soooooooo manipulative and behind EVERYTHING and knew EVERYTHING all along (in the book)! He was such a scary person to be with! I don't want the man I'm sleeping with always scheming and manipulating me like a puppet!

BUT!

It's this very reason that makes him so enchanting as a character.

:lmao2:

P.S. How is that romantic though? Hahahaha!

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
6 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I mean, sorry to YY, Ling Bu Yi is a character even better than Yu Tu. The complexity in the character itself and it was so well portrayed by a 22 years old! :pandachamp:

Aiyoooo, YT is smart and handsome only. That character can't hold a candle to LBY's character. I can tell that LBY in the novel version got way more layers than the one on screen. WuLei at the age of only early 20s gives the character total justice with such pomp and drumroll.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
32 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Aiyoooo, YT is smart and handsome only. That character can't hold a candle to LBY's character. I can tell that LBY in the novel version got way more layers than the one on screen. WuLei at the age of only early 20s gives the character total justice with such pomp and drumroll.

Ahahaha. I really like YT mah so I feel sorry he's being trumped by Ling Bu Yi. Hahaha!

2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Did he always have plans to get her back? If he schemes the same way as with his revenge, it's so romantic 🥰😂

By the way, the part I find romantic is in that 5 years separation, Zi Sheng started checking which man would be best suited for Shao Shang. He would check their family and background etc etc and the best pick is Yuan Shen. He tried to cover up for Yuan Shen's father's crime too.

His plan is to ensure Shao Shang is happy and settle down. He would remain single for the rest of his life, protecting her in the shadow! It's Shao Shang or nobody! He couldn't give a F about having kids with someone else he doesn't love just to continue on his Huo bloodline. He wants a family with Shao Shang, who he loves, like how his father and mother love each other and their children are the fruit of their love, not duty. Gaaaaaah, this really got me swooning. :heart: Hahaha!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

It was not until Zi Sheng was accused (I forgot what the crime is) and Shao Shang was made to be a witness for him to prove his alibi and recount their lovey dovey days in court {TMI: where they were on a holiday, soak in a hotspring together where Zi Sheng pretended he needed massage from Shao Shang to Shao Shang sprained her ankle, Zi Sheng piggyback her} that after Zi Sheng proved his innocence that he decided then and there, inside the carriage with Shao Shang, Yuan Shen and 5th prince, he tells them to break the engagement and Shao Shang to marry him. He also convinces Yuan Shen that Shao Shang doesn't know herself well and what she likes, and that he does using an example that she likes prawns but because the empress is allergic to it so even though she likes it (and would eat a lot when presented to her), she makes herself believe she doesn't like it either and would not seek out / pretend like others.

Another TMI: Before engaging with Yuan Shen, Shao Shang actually asked the ex-Crown Prince if he's interested to marry her. He got so scared he ran out of the mum's palace. And Zi sheng knowing her well knew she would pick him! Yuan Shen was all, "I know about this! Don't try any tricks" but he was genuinely shocked when Zi Sheng guessed correctly the next person Shao Shang asked was the 5th prince - indirectly indicating he knows SS very well. 5th prince got so scared that he runs out of the carriage~ lol.

Luo Niang Zi on the other hand, was being used by Zi Sheng as a shield to stop the Emperor from nagging him to get marry and also to let people leave Shao Shang alone and marries Yuan Shen. He never showed interest but he doesn't stop her from being around because he was thankful she saved Ah Fei's life. He was also sort of watching her as well because he knew she killed the maid who serves her (and was the one who framed Shao Shang in the palace) and also killed her husband.

At one point Luo Niang Zi noticed Shao Shang's bite marks. She goes tell Zi Sheng that the bite marks are fading (!) since she knows over the past 5 years, when Zi Sheng misses Shao Shang, he'll touch his bite mark. He took Shao Shang to an isolated room in the palace and forcifully lifted her sleeves to check. Shao Shang admitted she's been using many medicines to lighten the mark so by the time she marries Yuan Shen, the mark will be gone. Zi Sheng went crazy, restrain her movement and bite her at the same spot again while she tries to fight back/hit/scratch etc etc. After biting, he puts medicine on her and then grovel/beg her to take him back. Imagine a scene SS was standing and Zi Sheng on one knee hugging her waist and crying and begging.

Ooooh, I would have loved to see this. It makes me want to read the book, which would be a real challenge.

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

By the way, the part I find romantic is in that 5 years separation, Zi Sheng started checking which man would be best suited for Shao Shang. He would check their family and background etc etc and the best pick is Yuan Shen. He tried to cover up for Yuan Shen's father's crime too.

Is that why when Fei was reporting on how Zisheng got injured, he mentioned 2 incidents - one was relating to YS's father and the other SS's uncle?

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Chocolate said:

Ooooh, I would have loved to see this. It makes me want to read the book, which would be a real challenge.

Try it. It's really good.

1 minute ago, Chocolate said:

Is that why when Fei was reporting on how Zisheng got injured, he mentioned 2 incidents - one was relating to YS's father and the other SS's uncle?

This one differs from the book but the meaning behind it is similar. Yuan Shen's father involvement in the incident was completely omitted in the drama and only mentioned in passing. Long story short, YS's father has a god brother (they made a pack) who is like a mercernary and he was tricked into killing a General sent by the Emperor to capture Emperor Li's remaining supporters. On the surface, YS's father volunteered to lead a team of soldiers as if he was to seeking justice for the General's death but in reality he wanted to be there so he could cover up the tracks of his god brother. Zi Sheng killed someone to cover up for the Yuan family, to ensure Yuan Shen can be with Shao Shang.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2