Love Like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂 [2022]

Tofu

@IpohBanana Yes, it is not hard to like someone like Lusi. She's just adorable. He may have a slight crush on her ahahahaah

@mademoiselle this sort of shipping don't last long. Most only do it to extend the feelings they have for a show's CP. LL & LS are both so young...and once they move on to new dramas the ship will die off. 

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@IpohBanana I've watched Who Rules the World so I saw their interactions. She and Yang Yang banter a lot. I've not seen Yang Yang behave so much like a kid with Lusi compared to his BTS with Reba. Then comes Galaxy, again the interactions is different. There's more affection between Lei and Lusi. Wu Lei doesn't tease Lusi like Yang Yang. But, because I like Yang Yang and Reba in YAMG so that's my on-screen ship for YAMG couple whereas Lusi and Lei Lei is my on-screen Galaxy couple. Hahaha.

@abs-oluteM Yeah. I cannot live on photoshopped contents. xD

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Lusi is definitely a lot less banter-ish with Wu Lei than the other male leads she's had. I think it's also because this is the first time she's acting with someone younger than her. All her other male leads have been older than her. I don't think I can have a main ship with Lusi. I like her with too many people. Haha! Right now, she's filming with Chen Zheyuan, who is another one of my favs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@mademoiselle I think this drama imbues the both of them with emotions, all sorts, from love to anger to hate, so it's probably not difficult to really develop some feeling for your co-star. With TLB, the affection and love required isn't as intense, this one goes all out. And they are closer in age, so I can imagine that it'd be easy to develop a crush. 

@Tofu I CANNOT wait to watch the one with Chen Zhe Yuan, I like him a lot too. She looks so young in school clothes, luckily she can still pull it off - saw some paparazzi shots leaked of the shooting of that drama. I don't think I will watch her in Hou Lang (too serious for me). And is she really starring in Shen Yin with Chen Xing Xu (or is that still a rumour)?

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 4

@IpohBanana They are definitely very crushable individual. I would crush on them too if I act against both of them. And yes, they would have to develop some form of affections for one another when playing roles like this. That's what makes it believable for us too. Then get rid of that emotions after filming wrapped.

@Tofu I like that they chit-chatted like friends on their live broadcast. So cute. And they didn't deliberately acting distance from one another to avoid rumours like some kdrama actors do. Hopefully they meet again in another project because it'd be nice to see them work together again, especially now that they've developed the rapport.

I also like that from BTS, Lei Lei has this "protect the lady" kind of gesture. Don't think I see this when in WRTW BTS from Yang Yang. Hahaha.

• Like 3
  • Star Struck 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I also like that from BTS, Lei Lei has this "protect the lady" kind of gesture. Don't think I see this when in WRTW BTS from Yang Yang. Hahaha.

Yang Yang doesn't strike me as someone who would have the "protect the lady" kind of gesture. I think he's a bit too serious for that, no? :laugh:

@IpohBanana I know, me too!! I saw some of the photos from their filming and she looks so cute! In the novel, they are supposed to have a bigger age difference, but it seems like they won't do that in the drama. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
11 hours ago, Tofu said:

Yang Yang doesn't strike me as someone who would have the "protect the lady" kind of gesture. I think he's a bit too serious for that, no?

LOL @Tofu I chance upon this and you can see the difference in here. YY even publicly tease she could not spin a full circle on wire and Lusi sternly warns him, "that's enough". But Lei wouldn't do that and when she complains about wechat not having beauty filters in the app Lei Lei goes, "you look nice both ways" (on weibo and wechat), although I think he said it in a more perfunctorily way, but I think YY would definitely tease or make fun of Lusi.

YY is a dork in real life. Not at all cool. But he would seem distant and cool when he hasn't warmed up to people whereas Lei is like someone who can just be comfortable anywhere and with anyone...

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

@mademoiselle Yes, I read and saw from some comments that he (YY) is a dork. Well, one can't have it all - good looks and great interpersonal skills?  What's with your question about the pix being photoshopped? What was significant about it? Looks real.

Wow - the booting ceremony, look at how close he was standing behind her, gee, it looks like there was hardly much space in between them. I would make a bet that he prolly had a crush on her from the time they were shooting TLB, seriously. There's been quite a few pix of him stealing a glance at her, tis' ain't the first, and imagine this was at the booting ceremony, not even after they had been filming. So, it can't be the camaraderie they developed from working in the drama.

On a separate note, I wonder what was going on in his head/heart when he was wiping the tears from her eyes, you know, when she was petrified during the horse ride scene and bawling her eyes out.

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 5

@IpohBanana I've watched Yang Yang in The Irresistable variety show. He's really dorky in there, but still cute. The question whether the pic is photoshopped or not isn't significant. I just couldn't find the source and personally prefer it not to be another edit. And if it is real, I want more. LOL.

The booting ceremony - yes, and I love the height difference! :wow: I swear I don't mean to ship but seeing it still extends that fondness I have for their onscreen character. Aye aye.

7 minutes ago, IpohBanana said:

On a separate note, I wonder what was going on in his head/heart when he was wiping the tears from her eyes, you know, when she was petrified during the horse ride scene and bawling her eyes out.

Hahahaha only Wu Lei himself would know but he may have teased her a little too because she's caught on video hitting him a couple of times for this scene. :laugh:

744d8187ly1h5stvmb8ugg20dw0dw7wi.gif

• Haha 5
11 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Do you guys think this is real or also photoshopped?

I thought this was real. He was sitting two seats away from her that night. How do I even know this ? aahaahah I clearly retain a lot of strange information in my head

I guess no one has moved on :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Glad to see am not the only one engrossed with them.  It’s hard to dismiss WL gaze.  I do wonder fits one sided crush.  read he is good BF material. 
LS if you don’t want him I will gladly take him!

@mademoiselle@abs-oluteM I think the pic was real not photoshopped. Probably saw this already. 

Fa7ev5mUYAEsjLz?format=jpg&name=large

Fa7ev6GUEAIbbbc?format=jpg&name=large

Sigh I need to stop and move on. it’s hard. Stuff keeps popping up here and there. they remind me of my hungover from Red Sleeves. I stopped after JunHo danced with Yoona.  It killed my vibe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Maybe they sat Lusi and Wu Lei apart because it wouldn't be good for Yang Yang, who was also at the event and had a drama with Lusi this year -- must respect both dramas that aired, I guess? :idk:

@mademoiselle I know the point of the video was to show me that Yang Yang can be dorky too, but all I thought about was how much I disliked his wig. :jiminbtssigh:

• Haha 2
On 9/3/2022 at 9:15 PM, Mizv said:

Heard there is new rule of  NO DRAMA CP shipping.   umm  am lost.  Is this for real?  I've heard other stuff such as no time travel dramas. But this one is confusing.  

I forgot to answer this question for you. In Chinese dramaland, there are a lot of bans. One of them is time travel because they see science fiction as having Western influences, weird plots, etc. There are ways to get around it. For example, some time traveling dramas will use dreams as a way to "transport" to an alternative universe. I also don't think this is a hard ban because I've seen time traveling dramas be produced still. :idk:

I haven't heard anything about drama shipping being banned. I can't imagined this happening because streaming platforms would lose money. However, I guess I wouldn't put it pass them to ban this too. Anything that is considered a risk for corruption in their youth is banned. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I did come across an article from FB about the new, proposed bans. It's not official so don't know how many will be actioned. Off the top of my head, the list of bans were:

1. No romance for military-themed dramas (maybe that's why the romance in YY's drama was all deleted).

2. No promotion of couple shipping

3. Idols or variety personalities (?) with high popularity are not allowed to be first leads. E.g., Say V from BTS who has many fans and is super popular is not allowed to be cast as male lead in a drama. Weird, huh? Don't they want to earn $$$?

4. Visual (looks) - those that had too much plastic surgery can't be cast in military or police drama. Those went over the top with makeup looking like fake also is axed.

5. Encourage more realistic-themed projects and not less than 60%.

6. Costume issue - maintain the originality of Chinese dynasty's costume and refer to the corresponding dynasty and restore the costume.

7. Celebrities are not allowed to use English/foreign names. This could be true because two celebrities have changed their displayed names on weibo to their Chinese names. But Angelababy's weibo is still "Angelababy"...

:idk:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Shocked 1
13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

3. Idols or variety personalities (?) with high popularity are not allowed to be first leads. E.g., Say V from BTS who has many fans and is super popular is not allowed to be cast as male lead in a drama. Weird, huh? Don't they want to earn $$$?

This one would actually be nice. There are a lot of idol actors/actresses who gets leading roles that shouldn't. I think one can learn by taking on supporting roles until they've improved enough to take leading roles. I don't think if they can fully get away from this since popular idols being in :pandatakeit:

13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

7. Celebrities are not allowed to use English/foreign names. This could be true because two celebrities have changed their displayed names on weibo to their Chinese names. But Angelababy's weibo is still "Angelababy"...

This makes no sense but I guess they are trying to get away from Western influences? I don't know. Most actors/actresses have an English name and then their Chinese name. I have only heard them introduce themselves as their Chinese name. I don't think Wu Lei has ever introduced himself as Leo...:thinking:

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Tofu said:

This one would actually be nice. There are a lot of idol actors/actresses who gets leading roles that shouldn't. I think one can learn by taking on supporting roles until they've improved enough to take leading roles. I don't think if they can fully get away from this since popular idols being in :pandatakeit:

But then how would they determine which idol can or can't be leads? Like Wang Yibo is both actor and singer/idol, so is he not allowed to be leads? What about actors who isn't good at acting?

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

This makes no sense but I guess they are trying to get away from Western influences? I don't know. Most actors/actresses have an English name and then their Chinese name. I have only heard them introduce themselves as their Chinese name. I don't think Wu Lei has ever introduced himself as Leo...:thinking:

Yeah Western influences. The article says one of the two that reverted their names to Chinese was using a Japanese name. Lei has used Leo when he was on variety shows speaking to Westerners. On Netflix for his movie, he's listed as Leo Wu as well. But his name is easy; he can just stick to "Lei".

I came across another variety of Lusi telling the host her teacher was the one who gave her English name and at that time the teacher insisted she must be Lucy because of the resemblance to Lusi. She hates it so she later changed it to Rosy. LOL.

I'm not against this one since I do think we should stick to our own given names instead of trying to make others' lives easier just because they can't pronounce it properly, or just to blend in with the westerners. But it'll have to be vice versa, westerners shouldn't need to use "Chinese names" (transcribe from their English name but in Chinese format) when they reside in China/Taiwan.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2