Love Like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂 [2022]

Tofu

30 minutes ago, Tofu said:

This scene is the scene where I was so happy to see them make up, but I also felt Zisheng should have done more for her forgiveness.

I think it doesn't matter how much or what he did. It's the thought that she might lose him forever that made her forgive him and want to be with him again. 

I've finished all episodes. Besides the last 15-16 episodes, which I think it's a bit different (ie. weaker) from the first part (which was great!) I enjoyed the drama a lot. There are many beautiful lines as well. I cried buckets when the Queen passed away. I gasped out loud when the horse went down the cliff, and when a pregnant HSJ fell down the trap. I like how everything came around and all the loose ends (including evil side characters) are accounted for. I heard that they did try to keep close to the novel, except for some changes.

I lament the lack of a wedding though :idk: We came all 56 episodes and not a single shot of them getting married, SIGHHHHH....:letalQQ:

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

6 hours ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle This scene is the scene where I was so happy to see them make up, but I also felt Zisheng should have done more for her forgiveness. 

They should have kept the begging scene. After this SS broke off the engagement with YS and told LBY to give her some time to think about this, and he agreed. Her decision was to deal with it after she return from completing Empress's wish and visit Lou Yao. The funny bit was both boys asked if they could leave the city together with her (even if they aren't going the same route) and SS declined both, so they were both sulky. She wasn't happy about it as well LOL.

It's shown/hinted in a similar way in the drama that LBY came to her rescue when she was being attacked by Luo Niang Zi, or he continues to risk his life to be with her when they were trapped underground, perhaps if re-edited it might look better. The eventual forgiveness was an accummulation of various things over the time since his return to what they encountered together in the finale.

Fa_VFB8aIAAOX_f?format=jpg&name=large

This scene was pretty random too, I thought. Like, hmm, how did it all began kind of thing. Did he had to beg her to let him stay and help in the name of the Empress... that kind of thing. More scenes of them together would have been great :P

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I think it doesn't matter how much or what he did. It's the thought that she might lose him forever that made her forgive him and want to be with him again. 

I've finished all episodes. Besides the last 15-16 episodes, which I think it's a bit different (ie. weaker) from the first part (which was great!) I enjoyed the drama a lot. There are many beautiful lines as well. I cried buckets when the Queen passed away. I gasped out loud when the horse went down the cliff, and when a pregnant HSJ fell down the trap. I like how everything came around and all the loose ends (including evil side characters) are accounted for. I heard that they did try to keep close to the novel, except for some changes.

I lament the lack of a wedding though :idk: We came all 56 episodes and not a single shot of them getting married, SIGHHHHH....:letalQQ:

Now that you have finished the drama... read the book! :smile:

• Haha 5
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Now that you have finished the drama... read the book!

:laugh: No way... I don't love it enough to buy the novel. Unlike YAMG... Although, I might buy it to underline the meaningful lines and idioms. Watching this is like a good revision of the Chinese idioms for me, hahahaa...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

21 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

:laugh: No way... I don't love it enough to buy the novel. Unlike YAMG... Although, I might buy it to underline the meaningful lines and idioms. Watching this is like a good revision of the Chinese idioms for me, hahahaa...

I actually like this novel more than YAMG's novel. I feel that i like the drama version better than the novel for YAMG.

The Chinese is deeper for this novel than YAMG. Its a good practice for my chinese too, and yes, the idioms. There are lots.

You can always try reading it online first 😁. LBY doesnt appear until i think chapter 39 and the novel version SS is from future (she died in her time, real SS died in this time and she just took SS's body - there was no explanation of how it happened). So minus some brownie points for this bit but everything else is awesome.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

LBY doesnt appear until i think chapter 39 and the novel version SS is from future (she died in her time, real SS died in this time and she just took SS's body - there was no explanation of how it happened)

Whattt? So it’s a fantasy novel... Sort of like BBJX then. How is a modern version girl going to get used to olden way of living/socializing...

• Like 5

MTDzeiV.gif

@ktcjdrama you merely lamented? So dignified. I was about to pick things up in my room to throw but then I put them down when I realised I might need to use them later and it wouldn't do me any good if they were broken. I whined about it to my friend who has yet to watch it and this was her extremely rational explanation, "It would cost them extra to shoot a wedding, you know!" :shocked:

I am back to twiddling my thumbs and waiting.

1) for saturday - @Tofu @OsmanthusTea know why

2) for monday - @SilverMoonTea knows why

sigh, why can't Youku and iQiYi be just as money-minded as Tencent? A toast to money-minded broadcasting stations :YesHalCat:

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Haha 6
22 minutes ago, IpohBanana said:

@OsmanthusTea yes! I enjoy watching Cheng Yi suffer.... oh, that didn't quite come out right.:lmao2:

Let me rephrase, I enjoy watching him deliver a performance where his character looks torn, conflicted and in pain. Since Stand by me, I think he's one of the few who convinces me that his suffering is genuine.

CY is the most beautiful when he is in pains physically and emotionally and while spitting out blood everywhere 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
On 8/25/2022 at 6:59 PM, mademoiselle said:

You can always try reading it online first 😁. LBY doesnt appear until i think chapter 39 and the novel version SS is from future (she died in her time, real SS died in this time and she just took SS's body - there was no explanation of how it happened). So minus some brownie points for this bit but everything else is awesome.

hmmm so another transmigration from another dimension or period into another one....

• Like 4

@abs-oluteM @mademoiselle @Lynne @Tofu I personally think from the way he steals a few glances at her, that it would be an absolute lie if he didn't have a liking for her. I also heard on YT someone analysing their celebration party, pointing out that WL rushed over to take a photo with her...so I think these observations likely suggest a fondness of sorts.

I'd hazard a guess that they both know these are their golden moments/years and career should come first. And our dear girl is so absolutely focused on work that I wonder if she even entertains the thought of anything else. So, if there's more to that, they are both hiding it pretty well.

[Tbh even when she was filming WRTW, netizens were pointing out how close YY and her were. She's probably got very good interpersonal skills and gets along with her MLs fabulously. If anything, I'd say it's more him (WL) than her.]

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1