Love Like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂 [2022]

Tofu

19 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Ahahahahahaha OMG. Are you swooning at that?

HAHAHA!! I made the gif for @Chocolate because she said she likes older actors and that was the oldest Wu Lei looked in the drama. :laugh:

I prefer this kind of Wu Lei a little bit more -- less serious type. Haha!

LLTG-116.gif

11 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I saw the actor Yuan Shen in The Oath of Love as second ML. He is dashing in modern drama .

AHHH!! He was the violinist in The Oath of Love?! I didn't even recognize him. :shocked2:

• Haha 5
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

HAHAHA!! I made the gif for @Chocolate because she said she likes older actors and that was the oldest Wu Lei looked in the drama. :laugh:

HAHAHAHAHAHA! You know, I just remembered... @Chocolate went from complaining "He's so pale!" to "He's just so swoony!"

Such a huge improvement. :lmao2: I think we're getting there. How about a gif from the scene where he first saw Shao Shang after 5 years? He had stubbles and tears in his eyes!

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

AHHH!! He was the violinist in The Oath of Love?! I didn't even recognize him.

@OsmanthusTea is there a picture?

I feel like I've seen it in passing but his violin playing was super fake.

57779d921ffbab655bce1a7692b182aa469e4e66

97cae0a825f738bf72053afd9cf0159c36447315d25c9f4008fcb245f30b74a15527e35de6374a09

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 8/20/2022 at 3:13 PM, mademoiselle said:

LOL, Zi Sheng wasn't really scheming this time... was he, @Lynne? He just bluntly tells those two to break up, and they already freak out and had no idea how to defend themselves because Shao Shang knows very well when Zi Sheng wants to go crazy, he will go all the way :laugh:! The whole thing played out quite hilariously and happy/comedic, unlike the drama version - so angsty all the way.

novel wise…
No,Zisheng wasn’t scheming.. he has already prepare himself to let SS go and become her silent guardin….  but our Master Cupid (emperor) and also our reluctant cupid apprentice (3rd prince) save the day by staging the trial and have Ss as a witness. 
The way Buyi suddenly look at the 3rd prince when SS arrives at the trial and then you can imagine how his brain starts to spin and makeup hundreds of thesis makes me laugh to this day.. and this is even before SS opens her mouth and speaks. 

I truly believe SS didn’t realize how much she’s conveying by talking about her past. For BY the more she speaks the more vivid it became…. So how? How can he lets Ss and Ys’s engagement continue… when its clear that She doesn’t like YS… she was in denial… she denies everything that she can even fool herself in believing she doesn’t care for BY anymore…

And one of my fav line when he was begging her forgiveness: everyone are helping THEM, not only him… 

sighh….. how can i not root for them? 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Haha 1

I've finished! I thought the last 5 episodes were not so bad apart from these 2 parts:

• The part where Empress Xuan dies was a bit too long - I was also watching the chinese version without subs, so half of the things she said, I didn't understand 😆 but it didn't seem important.
  • The ending was a bit anti-climatic. We know, of course with so many episodes left, that there must be another attack/hurdle they will encounter that will bring them back together. This turned out to be a surprise for me (I did see you guys mention Lou Ben/wife but I thought it was typo error haha). But the disappointing thing was, all the plots throughout the drama were all based on ZS or SS's wits to get out of them. This last one turned out to be the usual action type of climbing out of a fire and sudden escape through a secret tunnel? And ending with a parade of everyone having a happy ending staring at the sky 😂 This was a fantastic drama and deserved a much more memorable ending.

On 8/20/2022 at 4:30 PM, mademoiselle said:

I was like when I found out he was soooooooo manipulative and behind EVERYTHING and knew EVERYTHING all along (in the book)! He was such a scary person to be with! I don't want the man I'm sleeping with always scheming and manipulating me like a puppet!

BUT!

It's this very reason that makes him so enchanting as a character.

P.S. How is that romantic though? Hahahaha!

I love a powerful man, and one who has everything in his grasp! And he would never scheme AGAINST her.

How is it romantic?

Because, as he plans how to win her back and puts it into action, he would be thinking of her, finding ways to make their paths cross, tease her, be jealous/stoic when he sees her with another man, look at her with wistfulness/yearning/intensity, and especially, a small smile when he finds her endearing/resourceful.

I've spent the afternoon re-watching from ep8 to 15. There are 2 parts where he does a little scheming:

• After the fight with Wang Ling, SS went to Qiqi's house. ZS was leaving General Wan. He sees her, then decides he is going to stay overnight hahaha! (Of course, this was not fully for romantic reasons, but because he needed SS to help him get the map but still.)
  • At County Hua, after he saved SS, he was again leaving. Then he saw that Fei had his wound bandaged by SS. So he decided he wanted to be doctored by her too! (By the way, I've seen that ep12 so many times, I've decided that instead of using that super string to pull the arrowhead out, the easier way would have been just to push the arrow further out from the back - usually they leave a few cm when they chop it, hahaha.)

This OTP is one the best I've seen. Thanks again @mademoiselle for recommending it.

• Haha 2
  • Star Struck 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 8/19/2022 at 5:15 AM, Tofu said:

All day my BFF has been texting me about the episodes she's watching. We both work from home today but I seriously have no idea how she does it! I only managed to watch episode 44-46 and I skipped though a lot of the episodes (I didn't care for Luo Family's dilemma). She's almost done with the entire drama and I'm pretty sure she had meetings today. I bet she just turned her camera off and mute herself the entire time so she can watch this. 

And this is the reason why employers want employees back in the office! 😆

On 8/19/2022 at 10:47 AM, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle I'll make gifs this weekend for you. =) In the meantime, enjoy this one of Huo Wu Shang. :pandacoolsip:

LLTG-106.gif

Wu Lei has fantastic posture. Whether standing, walking or on a horse or carrying SS 😂, he is remarkably powerful. In this first gif, it's almost like a dance as well. He must work very hard to get these poses right.

• Haha 5
7 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

OMG ...Actor playing YS   @Chocolate did this actor by any chance catch your eye?

Haha, no, he's pale and skinny.

6 hours ago, Tofu said:

This is the kind of look @Chocolate likes, right? The older/mature with facial hair kind of look? 

At least he is old enough to grow facial hair hahaha.

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA! You know, I just remembered... @Chocolate went from complaining "He's so pale!" to "He's just so swoony!"

Ling Buyi, the CHARACTER, is so swoony! But ok, I'll give it to you - I would watch Wu Lei in another project. (Now I've got to hide my head in the sand).

1 hour ago, Lynne said:

novel wise…
No,Zisheng wasn’t scheming.. he has already prepare himself to let SS go and become her silent guardin….  but our Master Cupid (emperor) and also our reluctant cupid apprentice (3rd prince) save the day by staging the trial and have Ss as a witness. 
The way Buyi suddenly look at the 3rd prince when SS arrives at the trial and then you can imagine how his brain starts to spin and makeup hundreds of thesis makes me laugh to this day.. and this is even before SS opens her mouth and speaks. 

I truly believe SS didn’t realize how much she’s conveying by talking about her past. For BY the more she speaks the more vivid it became…. So how? How can he lets Ss and Ys’s engagement continue… when its clear that She doesn’t like YS… she was in denial… she denies everything that she can even fool herself in believing she doesn’t care for BY anymore…

And one of my fav line when he was begging her forgiveness: everyone are helping THEM, not only him… 

sighh….. how can i not root for them? 

I found an english translation of the novel on wattpad. Probably going to be google translated and not too accurate. But better than nothing. Can you let me know which chapter is this?

• Haha 5

@Lynne The 3rd prince's internal OS about Shao Shang is quite funny to be honest. I'd love it if there's a novel branched out where the story is about him. He had a bet with Zi Sheng that if he ever let a woman affect his emotions, he'd gift Zi Sheng gold whenever Zi Sheng and Shao Shang had a child. Kekeke. It'd be quite entertaining to see him truly fall in love. At least this way, we all got to know a little bit more about YiShang couple.

@Chocolate I understand what the Empress said in that scene and I still think it was too long-winded. I didn't shed a tear either. But when I watched the live broadcast and Lusi explained her feelings from Shao Shang's perspective, I had tears in my eyes.

As for Lou Ben & wife's arc, if the drama had been edited well or adapted well, it's actually interesting. Zi Sheng and Shao Shang were acting like detectives solving mysteries together. There were some battle of wits between them and the villains, including Luo Niang Zi. I wasn't happy with how the drama version played out for Luo Niang Zi's final scene because it made Shao Shang looked stupid and gullible. Here's where I'll once again say I highly recommend checking out the novel version.

56 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Because, as he plans how to win her back and puts it into action, he would be thinking of her, finding ways to make their paths cross, tease her, be jealous/stoic when he sees her with another man, look at her with wistfulness/yearning/intensity, and especially, a small smile when he finds her endearing/resourceful.

This! Zi Sheng did A LOT of this in the novel! :love: You've to read the book! It's so good. Little things Shao Shang says, he'd smile and makes him happy... and then the next he gets upset with her :lmao2:. But after the spanking scheme (*ahem*), their relationship became a lot more lovey-dovey and did a lot more things together, like solving the murder case of Crown Prince's ex-lover. One of my favourite bit was how the book tells us Zi Sheng is not talkative or a person who likes to talk, but he makes the effort with Shao Shang - which latter we learnt from the final battle against Luo Niang Zi that a lot of battling skills Shao Shang learnt from Zi Sheng because he would share his battle ground stories with her.

And he would never scheme AGAINST her.

LOL. He wouldn't scheme against her but he would still scheme to his advantage and manipulate. No-no in real life. But in stories and dramas, hell yeah! :laugh:

This OTP is one the best I've seen. Thanks again @mademoiselle for recommending it.

:pandachamp: I feel so proud for getting your approval of a drama I recommended. Hahahahahaha! And now we have more in common in that "sub-set" of ours. And I know a little bit more of your cuppa in a leading man. :mine:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 5
23 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Wu Lei has fantastic posture. Whether standing, walking or on a horse or carrying SS 😂, he is remarkably powerful. In this first gif, it's almost like a dance as well. He must work very hard to get these poses right.

True... that slow motion scene in that gif was especially awesome (for the lack of a good description - it's just a feel I have while watching but can't quite describe). :idk: Did you notice he reared the horse standing on two hind legs twice in the last one or two episodes? There's probably not many actors who can do it, and it's rather dangerous. I've known a colleague who lost her son from falling off a horse (he was a horse racer).

006jjt-Ofgy1h5ddx7ij5pj30u00e1aev.jpg

006jjt-Ofgy1h5de8nkklpg30qo0gnhef.gif

@Tofu Do you happen to have a pretty/better quality gif of this? xD

Spoiler

006jjt-Ofgy1h5ddx60dtcg30qo0hsb2f.gif

Wu Lei rearing in another project

Spoiler

006jjt-Ofgy1h5de8bd2q7g30g00sgkjp.gif

Having said that, coz you pick this up later than us, did you chance upon a BTS of him and Lusi on the horse and Lusi was ugly crying in there because she thought the horse lost control? :lmao2: That was hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

Can you let me know which chapter is this?

@Chocolate Chapter 163

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

The 3rd prince's internal OS about Shao Shang is quite funny to be honest. I'd love it if there's a novel branched out where the story is about him. He had a bet with Zi Sheng that if he ever let a woman affect his emotions, he'd gift Zi Sheng gold whenever Zi Sheng and Shao Shang had a child. Kekeke. It'd be quite entertaining to see him truly fall in love. At least this way, we all got to know a little bit more about YiShang couple.

I agree 3rd prince’s OS is hilarious hahaha… I wish he had a separate epilogue but we have to make do with his internal monologue in the last chapter I guess lololol…. (About having his kid and BY and Ss kid get married in the future) hahahah… my thought when I read this was dude… they haven’t even gotten married yet… hahaha…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
11 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Do you happen to have a pretty/better quality gif of this? xD

Why are you doing this to me? :letalQQ: This riding scene was followed by one of the most heartbreaking scene in the drama. 

Spoiler

In this scene, Ashile Sun was going to save Chang Ge (Dilireba) from his stepbrother. On their way back, he received news that his stepbrother captured his mom (his mom let Chang Ge escape). He goes to save her and she doesn't want both brothers to fight nor does she think her life is worth it. I also think that she does not want Ashile Sun to kowtow to his stepbrother. She took the stepbrother's sword and killed herself with it. :letalQQ:

The videos for The Long Ballad were not always 1080 so I think that's why most gifs do not have the best quality. It might had to do with the cameras they used too. Some scenes were very sharp and clear and then some scenes were just blurry. 

TLB-2.gif

More Wu Lei crying scenes. :pandasadspoon:

TLB-4.gif

TLB-5.gif

TLB-6.gif

@OsmanthusTea HAHAHA! I don't think we can even considered him the second male lead in TOOL because I barely noticed him when I watched it. :laugh:

I think my proud moment watching this drama has been @Chocolate admitting that this is the same Wu Lei that made her swoon. :lmao2:

Bu-Xing-Wu-Lei-02.gif

Just kidding, I'm sure it was this one...haha!

LLTG-117.gif

@Mizv Have you watched this Wu Lei yet? :smug:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@mademoiselle @Mizv Ashile Sun is my favorite Wu Lei character even more than Ling Buyi. A'Sun is like a softer and more affectionate Ling Buyi. A'Sun was the one that made me appreciate the attention to detail Wu Lei puts into his characters. I do understand why people hesitate to pick this drama up though. Aside from the dubbing and the parakeet kiss, it's a pretty politics heavy drama. 

• Like 5

@Tofu

I love Chang Ge. Everything were done greatly.  I have to say it was a breakthrough mature role for WuLei and he did it splendidly. Not to mention how hot he was rocking that curly reddish long wig with braids….😎😎

On the contrary, the usually gorgeously styled Reba was horrendous 😂😂 Her styling as an envoy with that blue green dress and silly updo made her looked like a transgender with a botched surgery…😱😱

But once again, her acting was great as Chang Ge.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

@Mizv There are forehead kisses in The Long Ballad other than the bird kisses, if this helps.

@Tofu Woah. I can't believe Ashile Sun is still top 1 over Ling Bu Yi! I'm like obsessed with Ling Bu Yi right now because I'm basically projecting Wu Lei into the Ling Bu Yi I'm reading in the novel (I'm now on vol. 4).

@OsmanthusTea Oh glad to know I'm not the only one who thought Reba didn't look great in TLB. Actually some of her fashion in YAMG isn't great either and orange lipstick doesn't suit her. She usually looks so gorgeous in all other photos of events she attended.

Can't believe we didn't get a wedding ~ this is HILARIOUS! The BGM is terrible!

Fan Art

• Haha 4

I haven't back-read the thread since I want to avoid spoilers. Am at ep.35 now.

Enjoying the drama, and thought that this drama would make interesting literature discussions. Some of the themes I noticed so far:

> Entitlement abounds - Many examples in the story where the characters felt entitled towards certain things/honours/people, just because... No self-evaluation, certainly no humility.

> Nature vs. Nurture / Well-educated vs. Less-educated - Shao Shang under the loud-mouth whiny grandma and toxic aunt, grew up to be a strong and upright character after all. The 3rd princess and 5th princess, although having good parents, grew up being so entitled and *itchy. Then there is the Princes YuChang, Wang Ling, Luo. The lack or presence of education doesn't seem to matter, nor high positions in society. One is strong and unyielding under all kinds of pressures and threats. The others resort to wailing and whining when things don't go their way. Pffft...

> Matriarchy rules - In most of the households portrayed, the lady of the house is the one having the last say. Seriously, in the drama, the only strong manly male is Ling Bu Yi, LOL.... 

Okay, back to binging.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

This was so funny. 

Actually I really love Wu Lei in Our Times ...you have to see him play a cheeky character - he was a salesman and could talk his socks off...a complete opposite our LBY here. The plot is actually pretty good - slice of life but I think there could be a S2 in the works ? Correct @Tofu? So towards the end it felt like things dragged. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

11 hours ago, Tofu said:

I think my proud moment watching this drama has been @Chocolate admitting that this is the same Wu Lei that made her swoon. :lmao2:

Bu-Xing-Wu-Lei-02.gif

Just kidding, I'm sure it was this one...haha!

LLTG-117.gif

Just don't start bombarding me with all the pale skinny boys you like. I only have threshold for 1 every few years 😂

I prefer this one that you posted earlier haha. But the best ones are those where he is looking at SS intensely and doesn't care who else is in the room. Not many actors/actresses can look like they love so deeply. Sigh...

LLTG-116.gif

Should I watch Nirvana in Fire? Does it have a good story?

• Haha 4
11 hours ago, Chocolate said:

But the best ones are those where he is looking at SS intensely and doesn't care who else is in the room.

I agreed! I feel like such a third wheeler when he looks at her like that! :nervous:

LLTG-121.gif

LLTG-120.gif

@mademoiselle I love both, but Ashile Sun wins my heart because of how affectionate he is -- maybe that curly long braided reddish hair is the real reason why...HAHAHA!!

@OsmanthusTea OMG YESSSSSSS!! Dilireba's styling in TLB was horrible! :pandadisgusted:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1