Love Like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂 [2022]

Tofu

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Aiyayaaaa. @abs-oluteM @Chocolate What you guys think?

Aiyooooo the kiss was hmmm not much movement ....my standard is quite high aahahaha...But fair enough the two are not very experienced. I have yet to watch full episodes this week. I only zoomed in on the kiss :laugh:

• Haha 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@mademoiselle nope, don't anticipate passionate kisses...I dunno if it's just them, the director or the script but I don't think we will get anything that will make us feel as if we are intruding on anything.

I reckon I am in a different time zone from you? Coz I have already watched that scene last night. My time would be the same as China's. 

The reason I chose banana is because

Spoiler

I am of Chinese ethnicity but I grew up speaking English at home and in school. I was educated in a national school, learning the national language, so I didn't pick up Mandarin till I was a young adult. I can read up to HSK level 3 characters but nothing beyond that. And I am able to understand modern dialogue a little better than costume drama dialogue, for obvious reasons. My other half and his family speak Mandarin and he speaks to my kids in that language - so I've had a fair amount of exposure.

Btw, in Malaysia, anyone who is of Chinese descent but doesn't really speak Mandarin is known as a banana, yellow on the outside, white on the inside.

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
13 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

@mademoiselle

Will we see more of The Crown Princess??

I hope so. We need to see her comeuppance. Actually, if the Crown Prince is going to be deposed, he should divorce her, leave royalty and go live his life peacefully with Qu Lingjun in the countryside. But now she needs to stay with her children in the Liang family since her son will inherit.

I wish there was a good woman for Yuan Shen too. His antics/bickering with CSS is quite cute. It’s the typical pull your pigtail to get attention stuff. But his unrequited love situation is also quite sad. His mother is full of zing though ️.

Another 2 fantastic episodes.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

@mademoiselle

Will we see more of The Crown Princess??

She will be deposed soon.

5 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I wish there was a good woman for Yuan Shen too. His antics/bickering with CSS is quite cute. It’s the typical pull your pigtail to get attention stuff. But his unrequited love situation is also quite sad. His mother is full of zing though

Yuan Shen is quite sad in the book. Was going to marry a woman but decided to cancel it for SS. Just when they got engaged (after 5 years), only a few months, Ling Bu Yi returns LOL (Emperor summoned him back because he got anxious his ship might sink)  🤣

Yuan Shen eventually marries and have lots of grandchildren but he loves SS till the end (much like his Sifu). He and SS and Buyi are even in-laws.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Today's episode  explains why LBY entangled himself with CSS while knowing he needs to get revenge. The drama explains it better than the book.

He NEVER expected himself to need to take that last drastic measure. It was only when he saw  the Emperor won't punish the Marquis Yue to death that he realized he can only relied on himself...

That  given said...if i was the fl...I can understand his actions  but i don't know if I can forgive him. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2
4 hours ago, SheepMoon said:

Today's episode  explains why LBY entangled himself with CSS while knowing he needs to get revenge.

Did he ever have a choice? He looked quite intrigued by just her hand (and voice) right from the beginning 😂

3M28wkr.png

FtxZKuu.png

4 hours ago, SheepMoon said:

He NEVER expected himself to need to take that last drastic measure. It was only when he saw  the Emperor won't punish the Marquis Yue to death that he realized he can only relied on himself...

That  given said...if i was the fl...I can understand his actions  but i don't know if I can forgive him. 

Oooh, I thought he was not pursuing revenge against Marquis Yue anymore?

• Like 2
5 hours ago, SheepMoon said:

Well, The Emperor is famously biased even toward ZS himself. It shouldn't be came as a surprise that for Consort Yue's sake her bro got off lightly.

• Like 3

I just want to highlight I love the way Lei Lei says his lines "把人圍了“ (surround them) ”看你動容還是不動容“ (let's see who change decision first)... changing his voice for the lines.

The other one I like was after this, he went to visit Shao Shang and Shao Shang was aegyo-ing and he goes soft with a "haooo~" :love::heart:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@mademoiselle indeed, his enunciation and delivery of lines is really, really good. I've just seen the preview for E48 and LBY will cast the die,

Spoiler

so we have 8 episodes of misery, separation, making up and finally a HE. hhmmm.. I wonder how many of that will be happier times?

@OsmanthusTea tbh next week's episodes seem so much more exciting...

Spoiler

with her family in the slammer, Qi Qi making a marriage vow with her man behind bars and of course the blood bath (though I am not looking forward to that). I can understand now why CSS got mad at LZS; she repeatedly gave him a chance to come clean and he kept it to himself. [sigh]

On a separate note, I must be blind. I watched a YT and realised that the Emperor in this drama and A Dream of Splendor are the same actor AND it was a big Ah-Ha moment for me. :idk: where my brains were.

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

@IpohBanana Oh lordy, so next week will be that episode! Based on the previews, it has some major major changes not in the book.

@OsmanthusTea I cannot believe he did NOT kiss back! What is the director thinking? Gaaaaah.

19 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Btw @mademoiselle

Did ZS knows all along that he is his uncle's son? If no, how does he found out??

Spoiler

And yes, Zi Sheng knew all along his father is General Huo. He was 5-6 years old at the time everyone died so he remembers everything. He just pretended to be the dead Ling Bu Yi all these years, waiting for revenge and bringing Ling Yi to justice.

2 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Mandarin duck wings?? I thought chicken wings...:PsyWhat:  That's a rabbit?? I thought it's a rat...:PsyWhat:

This one is hilaaaarious! Now I can't find his armour cool anymore :lmao2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
4 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

So does he remember seeing LY murdered General Huo?

Yep. In the book he does.

4 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Actually his armor doesn’t looks bad IF there’s no SS’s explanation 😂😂

Yeah calling it "chicken wings" made it worst. At first I really thought it looked good. LOL LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@mademoiselle @OsmanthusTea you both beat me to it. I was gonna comment on chicken wings and rats! :lmao2:

Actually I thought they looked really nice - seriously the costumes designers aren't gonna make him look silly. Though the second time round, I reckon he should have shut up and not pointed out it was a rat. 

Yes, and what was the director doing when he didn't get our boy to return the favour with a kiss??? come on! 

I thought the mother was really funny, when she told the father that he won't have the gall to wear whatever his daughter sewed for him.

I was just thinking to myself, though I welcome the absence of sarcasm and anger from the mother, I find it strange that there are few dialogues between mother and daughter anymore. I know the story doesn't let them meet but it sure would have brought more consistency to the drama.

@mademoiselle ok spill it... what's the major, major change that you noticed. Don't leave me dangling in mid-air, even if it's your rather general answer, its still better than not knowing. You can put it into spoilers if you don't want others to see it in plain sight. Btw, in the book, does

Spoiler

CSS' family spend time in the slammer?

The last episode will be out on August 30, right? The country will be celebrating National Day the very next day and I will be savouring the ending of this drama. Coincidentally, the drama with Esther Yu and Dylan Wang also ends that day. So, lots of merriment to look forward to.

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, IpohBanana said:

The last episode will be out on August 30, right? The country will be celebrating National Day the very nexy day and I will be savouring the ending of this drama. Coincidentally, the drama with Esther Yu and Dylan Wang also ends that day. So, lots of merriment to look forward to.

Yes! Both dramas will end at the same time. It's almost torturous for me because keeping up with both has been exhausting. I watch LBFAD in the morning because the episodes are shorter and it's an easier watch. I have to wait until after work for LLTG because I need to really focus on what they are saying plus the mood is just a bit more angsty. 

The revenge scene is coming! 

Ep 47 Preview

Spoiler

Twitter alternative for those you can't see the YT video.

Spoiler

Ep 48 Preview

Spoiler

Twitter alternative for those you can't see the YT video.

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@OsmanthusTea Yeah, eagle wings so much cooler than duck or chicken wings. :letalQQ: Now I can't take this bloody wings seriously!

@IpohBanana The whole episode tonight about Cheng Shi's treason is not in the book. There was no slap from Mum to Shao Shang* or Shao Shang kneeling in the rain begging** to see the Emperor all that crap. I feel like the quality of the story is dropping because the scriptwriter chose this typical storyline to dramatise it. Even the multiple scenes of Emperor showing more attention to Consort Yue and the Empress feeling left out isn't emphasized like that in the book. Tsk. What's so bad with sticking with the kids going on a trip to meet General Wang and them meeting danger, and Ling Bu Yi to the rescue and we get some more love love scenes? The bit where Shao Shang visited the camp also isn't in the book either.

*Granted I didn't like the adaptation, I got the Feels from the Mum's tough love.

**Not a fan of seeing people kneeling in the rain or for days in dramas - so uninnovative :niu:

Spoiler

For the major changes based on E47 preview, for one, Shao Shang did not ask Zi Sheng if he had anything to tell her. There was no crying scene in the rain for Zi Sheng. Again, I find the scriptwriter's attempt to make it more dramatic for viewers. But Ling Bu Yi isn't the kind that showcase his emotions like this. It's not his character. Suddenly I feel like I'm back to watching Qiong Yao's dramas all over again... so melodramatic!

For E48, Ling Yi doesn't even know what's coming for him... let alone had any chance to draw his sword and defend himself. Ling Bu Yi literally brought his own men AND commanded the Crown Prince's soldiers (hitting two birds with one stone) getting his revenge and bringing down the Crown Prince once and for all (to dethrone him).

Shao Shang was at home at first and she suddenly realise something was wrong. She rushed to the palace and dobbed Ling Bu Yi in to save her family then went to Ling Bu Yi at the "crime scene". The next day she went to see the Emperor again and explain how she finds out about all this, what happened and prove Zi Sheng is General Huo's son. Now I'm not so sure this will all play out the same way as the book. :idk:

@abs-oluteM OMG that scene too... so much teasing. Just like @Chocolate said, I get more doki doki feeling just waiting for Ling Bu Yi's face to get closer to hers! AND WE DID NOT GET ANYTHING! :PikachuFacePalm:

The Chicken Wings!

002k-XRnxgy1h532112q7zj634022ohdw02.jpg

002k-XRnxgy1h53214qa0qj61l62dsx6q02.jpg

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4