Love Like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂 [2022]

Tofu

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

in the novel it's also because the real Shao Shang is from the future and was a Science student

I'm glad they decided to drop this part in the drama. I don't think I would have mind it but Lusi doesn't need any another time traveling drama. Haha! 

I'll be back to read all the post about the novel vs. drama. BUT I see there are lots of scenes with our main couple today. :heart:

• Like 7

Tonight's episodes much more interesting - has lovey dovey scenes and Machine Gun Consort Yue :laugh:. @Chocolate will approve! And hurray to Ruyang gone! This part is similar to the novel, just not during the engagement banquet. I wonder if the next episode will have a scene where Shao Shang ask Zi Sheng when did Emperor decided to "take care" of his aunt. Zi Sheng answered ever since last banquet. I thought it's important to show how good Emperor is as well in scheming.

I don't know about you guys, I am so curious why or how Zi Sheng interchange between Shao Shang and Niao Niao. And @Tofu I love the last scene from last night's episode of him calling out "Shao Shang" very softly after she told him she's sorry to disappoint him. Eeeeek.

24 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I'm glad they decided to drop this part in the drama. I don't think I would have mind it but Lusi doesn't need any another time traveling drama. Haha! 

I'll be back to read all the post about the novel vs. drama. BUT I see there are lots of scenes with our main couple today. :heart:

Yes, I know what you mean. I've seen weibo people commenting about her always doing time-travelling dramas. But now it's banned, no one can do it. BTW, why did they ban this?

Indeed, lotsa love love scenes and lovey dovey dialogues! I even rewatched the scene where Zi Sheng lifted Shao Shang with one hand and grabbing her back to his chest in close proximity. Tee hee.

The funny bit also Liang Yue Fei telling Shao Shang if he prepared step stool then Zi Sheng can't carry her onto the carriage :lmao2: But to be honest, every time she comes out of his carriage, the step stool is always there!

Previews

Ooooooh these two episodes are about the Crown Prince's ex-lover. I'm glad to see it got included in the drama! I just hope it's presented as close as possible to the novel. I've been confused about the drama version Crown Princess, so these two episodes will be able to confirm if she's friend or foe.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 7

We will see more YS's arch in eps 39-40 too. Love today eps, another ZS's scheme went great to dispose of another troublesome cranky b!7ch. The more the drama progressing the more it shown that the CP is utterly useless. Everyone is biased even The Emperor and the gank but CP's one is on another level.

@mademoiselle

The moment Crown Princess invited SS to the Eastern Palace during tiger seals incident, it's obvious that she is rotten inside. She used SS as a moral hostage toward ZS.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Ep 33 left me slightly confused about the tiger seals and CSS involvement.  How could CSS be implicated in the switch?  LBY was risking switching the seals, and mentioned he had to do it to protect CSS…. Am so confused.  she didn’t really do anything but listen to problem and object Crown Princess taking the blame… I will try rewatch again this part later on Viki. maybe a better translation?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Mizv said:

Ep 33 left me slightly confused about the tiger seals and CSS involvement.  How could CSS be implicated in the switch?  LBY was risking switching the seals, and mentioned he had to do it to protect CSS…. Am so confused.  she didn’t really do anything but listen to problem and object Crown Princess taking the blame… I will try rewatch again this part later on Viki. maybe a better translation?

As a self-taught handyman or handywoman, SS crafted a fake tiger seals. But she didn't know that the original one are magnetic. So if ZS didn't swap it with the real one, CP will be punishes for losing the seals and SS will be implicated for crafted a fake one.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

As a self-taught handyman or handywoman, SS crafted a fake tiger seals. But she didn't know that the original one are magnetic. So if ZS didn't swap it with the real one, CP will be punishes for losing the seals and SS will be implicated for crafted a fake one.

and even if its not found out now.. it can goes out later.. so it's like a hanging sword on SS... sigh... 

In today's episode...  I really like this shot.. 

They're not perfect.. far from it; their past experience made it so...., but they're learning to compromise.. and I find it realistic.

• Like 8

@OsmanthusTea thanks for clarification and reminder of CSS skill.   Rewatched and noticed many things again.   

@SheepMoon you aren’t alone.  I felt the same way in middle of Part 1. There are several posted summary translations here, Twitter and MDL. Maybe will get lucky and someone posts the entire book similar to Red Sleeves. 

Really enjoyed seeing CSS open up and starting to realize she can depend on LBY.  LBY totally kills me with that look at CSS.  The way he just stared at her mouth is insane viewing from the audience.  Suprised  the kiss came so fast.   watching the previews I thought the kiss was going to happen after the spanking.  Totally loved everyone’s jaw dropping at the arrival of the Royal Family.  Did anyone notice YS comment, upon the arrival of Madam RiYang, that he didn’t have to do anything this time.  That just made me laugh.  That dude is so two faced about CSS.

some of the best scenes that I think is funny 

Edited by Mizv
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

12 hours ago, Tofu said:

somehow alot of the C-Drama / C-Novel actually like to based on this universal / times travel

its like they love to post the character into another universal that is different from the one we're currently living on

• Like 6

@Lynne me too. I thought the colour of their garments were pleasing to the eye. 

The arrival of the emperor and the concubine was in perfect timing! And that our dear CSS' tongue received a compliment from the Concubine, I would say birds of a feather, the two of them! lol

@SheepMoon I've done the same. Anytime I see gibberish, I figure it's either 4 characters or 8 and they are a proverb of sorts; so I copy the chinese characters and paste into Baidu search to figure out what the phrase means. It takes a lot of painstaking effort. More so as sometime google translates people's names as well. Oh, that part is a b****, because the entire sentence becomes meaningless.

@mademoiselle thank you so very much for ur detailed explanation. I've seen the preview of the upcoming scenes with the poop on 5th princess' face and I would say the drama seems to be following the novel in that part. [I was wondering why he got mad at her again, so it's because he didn't know she fell into the water? His network of information isn't that good after all for such a big incident.] Also LBY playing the guzheng was in a preview, not sure if he will storm off, but yah we'll get to see a duet? These two have I reckon one of the most fight-make up scenes in a drama that I've ever watched. On one hand, it's surreal, theirs is such a high profile relationship and on the other, the issues they face as a couple make it seem so down-to-earth. Those of us who are married can probably attest to the fact that even after many years of marriage, couples will experience such conflict, ain't all that uncommon.

By the way, a question for you --> what happened to the actual son of the Marquis Ling? 

Imho, CSS breaking off the engagement with him has it's silver lining. Five years for her to adapt to court politics and catch up on whatever education she's lacking plus increase her maturity to be able to deal with him as an equal, seems like a logical move; though that wasn't her intention but the unintended outcome seems like a beneficial one. I also believe based on the Emperor's personality that after he gets over his fit of rage, he will give in to LBY, he has a soft spot for him and it will be hard to change overnight. More so as he is the son of the General whom he feels greatly indebted to.

Spoiler

I just feel sorry for the Empress that she will make the move to step down (if the drama follows the novel), though I think it may not entirely be a bad thing for her; she's not the sort to crave power and as she put it, her son is better off not being the Crown Prince. As long as his removal from office doesn't mean him losing his life. Still, that part will be hard to watch. I hope the five year separation will be a time-lapse, though I believe we will get to see YS and CSS interacting, if not how can the drama convince us that they are both engaged? Getting to see YS come clean with his feelings and refrain from sarcasm with CSS... ooh I am eagerly anticipating that. 

@Mizv how about you, you looking forward to that too?

A conversation btwn a Boss and an employee

Employee: Boss, I can't focus on two tasks at any time, which is your priority Task A or Task B?

Boss: I don't care, you have to manage both, as both are equally important.

A conversation btwn LBY and CSS

CSS: I can't focus on two tasks at any time, which is your priority - the Empress or you, you pick one?

LBY: Then I'd rather you focus on me!

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
11 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

@mademoiselle thank you so very much for ur detailed explanation. I've seen the preview of the upcoming scenes with the poop on 5th princess' face and I would say the drama seems to be following the novel in that part. [I was wondering why he got mad at her again, so it's because he didn't know she fell into the water? His network of information isn't that good after all for such a big incident.] Also LBY playing the guzheng was in a preview, not sure if he will storm off, but yah we'll get to see a duet? These two have I reckon one of the most fight-make up scenes in a drama that I've ever watched. On one hand, it's surreal, theirs is such a high profile relationship and on the other, the issues they face as a couple make it seem so down-to-earth. Those of us who are married can probably attest to the fact that even after many years of marriage, couples will experience such conflict, ain't all that uncommon.

Yup. Because he removed the people who was supposed to watch over her every moves (and report back to him), hence he did not know she was bullied. Addition to that, because the incident happened after they fought and were having a cold war (Shao Shang ignores him, LOL), so the more reason she wouldn't search for him and tell him about it. She thought she could handle it herself, which I don't see anything wrong with it but Zi Sheng doesn't think the same. However, this "spying incident" didn't seem to be adapted into the drama so I'm not sure whether they will have a fight again prior to Zi Sheng beating up people.

And because Shao Shang hasn't been confined in the palace, so I think there may not be a scene where she will grumble to Zi Sheng that she couldn't get a gift from outside. So I think it might just going to be a lovey dovey scene with no fights leading to the spanking one.

That's what everyone agrees to about Shao Shang and Zi Sheng's relationship—that it is realistic because any couple dating and especially married (or living together) will experience the friction, the clash between personalities. Hehehe, I find it funny how Zi Sheng is not even shy/embarrassed being all intimate with Shao Shang in front of his men :laugh:

11 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

By the way, a question for you --> what happened to the actual son of the Marquis Ling? 

Backstory of the actual son:

Zi Sheng is two months older than real Ling Bu Yi. He was born healthy and lively whereas the son was weak so Huo Jun Hua took the name "Bu Yi" that was meant for Zi Sheng. Zi Sheng became Huo Wu Shang (霍無傷). Because it took Huo Jun Hua a long time to conceive this son, she was very protective of him.

Note: General Huo and Huo Jun Hua look alike. Both Zi Sheng and Bu Yi thus look alike since they both take after their Huo parents.

At the City of Gu, being confined indoor too long by Huo Jun Hua, Bu Yi offered Zi Sheng two fresh apricots in exchange of his clothes so that he could sneak out to play. Zi Sheng agreed because it's been a while he hasn't had fresh fruits. After he had the first one, he remembered General Huo also liked it so he snuck into the study room and put the apricot on his desk. As he was about to head out he heard sounds. He panicked and hid behind a book shelf. He witnessed Ling Yi kill General Huo and cut off his head off. Ling Yi tried to burn down the study room to destroy General Huo's body. Zi Sheng lost consciousness from the smoke. By the time he woke up and walk out... all he saw were corpses (Ling Yi let the enemies in). He saw Huo Jun Hua yelling frantically for little Bu Yi. She saw Zi Sheng and hugged him addressing him as Bu Yi. Zi Sheng knew Huo Jun Hua would never mistaken him with real Bu Yi so he kept quiet. They hid inside the mountain with other Ling family, and when they found a chance, Huo Jun Hua escaped with Zi Sheng (to protect him and she was smart enough to figure out Ling Yi's betrayal). Long story short, sorry I wrote an essay again 😅, the real Bu Yi died as Zi Sheng.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Insightful 3
On 8/4/2022 at 9:18 PM, OsmanthusTea said:

@mademoiselle

What’s the motive of Ling Yi to killed General Huo?

Survival.

They waited for as long as half a month for reinforcements and it didn't come. At the time, it's uncertain whether Emperor Wen will win the war (that made him the Emperor this day). The City of Gu locked themselves in while the soldiers battle the enemy surrounding them outside. So Ling Yi let the enemy into the city. He didn't realise reinforcements would arrive that day (led by General Wu). He fooled General Wu and turned around to work with General Wu against the enemy he let in. Wu killed off all the enemy who colluded with Ling Yi, leaving no evidence behind.

On 8/4/2022 at 10:00 PM, Chocolate said:

Thanks @mademoiselle for all the titbits from the novel. Did you already read the novel before watching the drama, or after? Very very few dramas/movies measure up to the book, but it sounds like you are quite happy with the drama, maybe in large part due to dear Wu Lei? 😂

I picked up the novel (online) after gotten into the drama. At first I just want to read about Shao Shang and Zi Sheng because in the beginning of the dramas, it felt like Ling Bu Yi is a supporting actor rather than male lead. And people on Weibo were praising the adaptation was very well done and very close to the novel, so it got me interested even more.

I think once I got to the part where Shao Shang figured out all of Ling Bu Yi's secrets, I was flabbergasted at how well written the story is. I recently bought the novel. So now I'm re-reading from book 1 because, ahem, I skipped a lot none Couple's related stories. Hahahahahaha 😅.

Part 2 has deviated quite a lot from the novel now. Like the sequence of happenings are changed and new plot/scenes were added. Last night on Weibo, some viewers were complaining about adding the scene for the tiger seal. I do think this tiger seal might tie in with some other plot later... we shall see.

Edit: Oh, one more added scene is the Emperor, Empress and Consort Yue also never attended the engagement banquet at Cheng's house.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Insightful 2

@mademoiselle wow...the back story of Zi Sheng and LBY explains it; I was puzzled as to where the real son had gone to but now it makes sense.

Spoiler

And that's usually the standard explanation, they exchanged clothes :lmao2:

I still don't quite get why Ling Yi killed General Huo.

Spoiler

So, the outcome of the war had not been decided. If Ling Yi killed General Huo, so what then? He was going to swear fealty to the other Emperor (the other camp) and say that he killed General Huo, and boot-lick his way into the Emperor's good books? Was that why?

So after watching tonight's episodes - there was no duet by our love-birds. Obviously no spies, and thus she didn't give him the cold shoulder. They didn't kiss in full sight, she gave him a peck on the cheek but even that in full view of the court is quite scandulous and prolly someone can argue that it's indecent behaviour. Though the captain of their ship would forgive them. And why did she walk out of the room - to get fresh air because she was slightly tipsy or because she was embarassed? (I thought that part was weird.)

And I can't believe they ended with that silly accusation...sigh...five more days again till next episode. I am wondering if Lady Luo will remain neutral or become more hateful...

Btw, looking at the previews, @mademoiselle how much more do you reckon before the big massacre?

And what battle/war does Zi Sheng ride off to in the latest preview, any insights?

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 5
34 minutes ago, IpohBanana said:

I still don't quite get why Ling Yi killed General Huo. So, the outcome of the war had not been decided. If Ling Yi killed General Huo, so what then? He was going to swear fealty to the other Emperor (the other camp) and say that he killed General Huo, and boot-lick his way into the Emperor's good books? Was that why?

After he killed General Huo, he announced to the people General Huo had abandoned the people and ran away. Once he let in the enemy, he showed them General Huo's head. General Huo's head hang high on the pole (with real Ling Bu Yi) before Zi Sheng was taken away to hide in the mountain.

And why did she walk out of the room - to get fresh air because she was slightly tipsy or because she was embarassed? (I thought that part was weird.)

This part never happened in the novel. She did make 5th prince fall into the lake and they had a chat but this was before the start of the banquet, not during. And there was no such accusation either.

Btw, looking at the previews, @mademoiselle how much more do you reckon before the big massacre?

And what battle/war does Zi Sheng ride off to in the latest preview, any insights?

I don't know. We're only on episode 9, there's 20 more episodes to go. I don't think it'll be any time soon. Assuming the 3rd princess has been taken care of, next one is the 5th princess - not for bullying Shao Shang but punished for the bad deeds she did.

To be honest, Shao Shang is hindering Zi Sheng's plan a lot in the drama version. Zi Sheng's plan is to get rid of the two family that Crown Prince rely/trust: Wang Chun family (Wen Xiu's husband) and Lou Yao's uncle. Zi Sheng only got rid of one, there's still the Lou family. Next week it seems we'll be touching on his ex-lover, so probably the Crown Princess will go next. I feel there's still story to tell about Marquis Yue. This one I can't remember whether it's in the novel (to be honest, I don't even remember there's a character like him...).

As for the battle, there is one in the book but can't remember which one. I'll have to flip through the book and get back to you. I'm thinking might be in relation to the Lou's family... :pandathink:

So after watching tonight's episodes - there was no duet by our love-birds. Obviously no spies, and thus she didn't give him the cold shoulder.

Hahaha there was no duet in the book too. Yep, no spies and no fight! That love-love scene on the bed where Shao Shang says "Use one hand... use no hand"... that was actually taken from a part where they were fighting "physically". Ahem.

That said, Lusi's crying in that scene was reaaaaally well-done; had me feeling sad for her too. Ling Bu Yi's heart must have become gooey and 💔.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1
12 minutes ago, IpohBanana said:

They didn't kiss in full sight, she gave him a peck on the cheek but even that in full view of the court is quite scandulous and prolly someone can argue that it's indecent behaviour. Though the captain of their ship would forgive them. And why did she walk out of the room - to get fresh air because she was slightly tipsy or because she was embarassed? (I thought that part was weird.)

Awwww, she was shy! So she ran 😚🤣 This is her "sexual awakening" lol.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

And this must be a very sour plum 🤣🤣🤣

IgzNEa8.gif

2XaVbhb.gif

• Haha 7
  • Party! 2

There is a recurring trope in this drama that I did not see as much in other drama, 报恩 (bao en) to pay a debt of gratitude. This 报恩 has been soooo abuse by everyone in the drama :shocked:

On a lighter note, I was giggling like a teenage girl watching these 2 love birds (not parakeet much more the yellow one). Wu Lei my baby boy, 你长大啦....:wow: Those close up shots of ZiSheng in the banquet is supposedly according to SS's lovesick POV but I'm clutching my aging heart....This is practically my face the whole time -----> :PsyWhat:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6