Love Like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂 [2022]

Tofu

20 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

@abs-oluteM @mademoiselle and the rest of you who will eventually catch up with E28,

This show is filled with scary women, from drama queens, to those with sharp tongues to power-hungry women. Wah...really, really scary. I think the women in this show are scarier than the men. If you think about it, even the Emperor's concubine can poke fun at him (though we know that she is the one who really yields the power, if she wanted to, but so far she's made no show of doing so and has only said that she wants to lead her life free from trouble). I giggled at how she literally shoved him out of her tent and tonight she told him to quit worrying and pacing in front of her bed, so she could go back to sleep. This is really the first Emperor I've watched who is loads more worried about someone else's son, more than his own children. :laugh:

Indeed there are many of them crazy ones. I kinda wish they weren't so ... for lack of a better word... bitchy. And then there's that Yu Chang, OMG, I just wanted to tear her face for so many ugly crying scenes. Why does she get so much screen time? In the novel, she's actually a quiet character.

I honestly thought last night Wang Ling's crying scene was more well done than the actress playing Yu Chang. I think she was in Who Rule the World as well and I hated her since... she has that fake act cute demeaner.

Yue Consort and Emperor actually go waaaaay back before the Emperor became an Emperor so I think that's why she's not scared of him per se. I'd love it if the drama follow the novel and have scenes of her dissing the Ru Yang Wang Fei (how do they translate this character in English?) and her own daughters. LOL.

15 hours ago, Tofu said:

OMGGGGGGGG!!! Now that season two is continuing without break, I need to drop all the dramas I picked up thinking there would be a gap. Sorry, Xu Kai and Zhang Xin Cheng. :laugh:

LOL. I'm so doomed. All the kdramas I started, I don't feel like watching anymore coz none of them I'm hooked. And then soon Big Mouth will start and Adamas has already started! Kim Min Jae's also starting next week. Crappppp.

15 hours ago, Tofu said:

Now that Ling Buyi is saying Shao Shang frequently, are you happy, @mademoiselle:lenny::heart:

Hahahahahahaha I was thinking about this to myself last night. I was all, "Hold on! When did you start calling her Shao Shang?" :PsyWhat: He called her Shao Shang so softly at least twice in the scene when Shao Shang rejected him. This Ling Bu Yi is different to the novel version in this part. I was surprised drama Bu Yi would even say things like "I'm changing... I'm trying to mingle with your family... I don't have family..." His tone sound pleading at Shao Shang here. The Ling Bu Yi in the novel doesn't share private information like this with Shao Shang. He doesn't like talking but for her he'd make effort to share/tell her stories about his experience at battle etc.

8 hours ago, Yana said:

His meaning is my money is your money... everything is mine...is yours :PikaSwag:

That was definitely the first thing that cross my mind last night :laugh:. Additionally, after today's work, I also wish I had me a Ling Bu Yi so he can pay that colleague a visit so that that person would become well behave like the girls at Lou Yao's wedding. :MewGiggle:

FYv93hNaUAAxLXT?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
53 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

LOL. I'm so doomed. All the kdramas I started, I don't feel like watching anymore coz none of them I'm hooked. And then soon Big Mouth will start and Adamas has already started! Kim Min Jae's also starting next week. Crappppp.

I don't know how I am gonna fit so many dramas.  :psweatduck:But I will only start Good Detective S2 for now since this show will continue next week. Right  now my attention is between this and EAW. Also my weekender. Among those that you mentioned , I have watched the trailers & only Big Mouth looks appealing.

I am just done with eps 28....finally our leads are on the same page. It felt like forever to get to the point where SS sees him as someone she could have affections for. What I like about LBY was that he was willing to make a compromise . An important 1st lesson in marriage. 

Spoiler

FYurcBWUUAEsYDq?format=jpg&name=large

So I have seen the previews - and I am anticipating some sweet scenes but I also noted that we're gonna get a lot of side plots involving those annoying girls. And some how I feel like the storm is coming soon for the leads especially when LBY wanted to bring forward their wedding in preview for Eps 34. Oh my, this drama is really messing with me.:lettalKWA:

• Like 6
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

16 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

OMG now he calls her Niao Niao! @Tofu :PsyWhat:

AHAHAHAHAHAHA we both said the same thing @abs-oluteM

Hahah we are watching at the same time.

Just saw this ...sweetness and I laughed my head off when he told the guards to take a good look

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

Woah... the last scene in E30. Yue Consort's mouth is like a machine gun :KittyGun: shoot everyone and is just like in the novel! LOVE IT! So sassy! And the Emperor's smug face was hilarious too. :laugh:

@abs-oluteM Yeah the forehead kiss is very sweet. And he had his hand on her waist the whole time but they should've kissed coz the atmosphere was good.

You see what I mean about them fight every other day? And then made up again the next? :laugh: To be honest I am confused in that scene and why Zi Sheng was not happy with her.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

@abs-oluteM @mademoiselle wah the women are really, really crazy...including Concubine Yue. But I like her craziness, I knew she had a sharp tongue and she really has no filter (LOL) from the way she spoke to her daughter from before (but tonight when she spoke to her daughter, it was off the charts - I gave all the intelligence to your sister!). She's honest to the point of being really blunt and she has that I-don't-care-what-you-think-of-me look when she says what she says. I think that last scene in E30 was amazing, she must have scared CSS a little with her behaviour but I think she will definitely have made a positive impression on her for standing up for the both of them like that.

As for that scene about why LBY said he would take back his heart if CSS didn't give hers to him, I don't totally get it either. Did they cut something out before that which is why we can't put two and two together? I am just guessing that she may have told him that she doesn't need him to protect her (because he asked her why she thinks she doesn't require his protection) and that scene may have been edited out....Also in that last scene at the entrance to her house, he was trying to tell her that she has to learn to trust him and thus, give her heart totally to him (I am guessing again).

Ah....E30 was the scene where he lifts her up and sits her on the balustrade....I love the tone of voice when he asked her "who hurt you".... ooh... so swoony. I am gonna have that on repeat while waiting till next Tuesday (my gawd, five more days of waiting???)

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

My my my, WuLei my baby boy is definitely a grown up MAN. He has so many undertones and soft eyes cum expression in dealing with his beloved NiaoNiao (I know he wasn't dubbed). I'm clutching my old a$$ heart every time he appeared  on screen with Niao2.....:love: I was watching today episodes with :wow: the whole time....:GrimChamp:

Tbh, I have to say that Consort Yue will be a way better Empress. She knows how to deal with every man and woman, young and old in so many ways. Love seeing Old Lady Ruyang shaking with anger in her knicker. Her children even The Empress' children aren't her match. The moment she made her entrance, Emperor's face shows super relieves....:GengarCool: 

The Crown Prince and The Empress have the same personality, they are pacifist. Not suitable to hold a commanding position. While Third Prince and Consort Yue were cut from the same cloth. Like mother like son.

Spoiler

CMIIW, in the novel the current Crown Prince will be topples down and The Third Prince will becomes the next Emperor.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 2
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

OMG now he calls her Niao Niao!

OMG!! They were so cute in that scene! 🤧

I'm trying to work but all these spoilers! I'm so distracted. Thankfully, I do not have a lot to do today at work. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2

@OsmanthusTea I wished they would just upload everything on one YT channel and give people of all region access. It makes no sense to restrict regions when the drama is not. :letalQQ:

This video is making me dizzy just watching him talk about his diet and exercise. How does one drink 6-8L without having to use the bathroom every few minutes?! :BulbaConfused:

Someone made a video going over how everything ends. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJR6lX5RKNc

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@OsmanthusTea I wished they would just upload everything on one YT channel and give people of all region access. It makes no sense to restrict regions when the drama is not. :letalQQ:

This video is making me dizzy just watching him talk about his diet and exercise. How does one drink 6-8L without having to use the bathroom every few minutes?! :BulbaConfused:

Someone made a video going over how everything ends. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJR6lX5RKNc

Saw him eating dry chicken breast..steam broccoli:KittyGun: I CANT 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
10 minutes ago, Yana said:

Saw him eating dry chicken breast..steam broccoli I CANT 

My (old) boss ate boiled chicken with broccoli and cauliflower for the 10 years I worked with him. The way he "seasoned" his chicken breast was changing the hot sauce he used on it. :no::pandacop:

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 3

@Yana @Tofu

Boiled unsalted chicken breast and steamed unseasoned veggies (sometimes added hard boiled egg, white part only) are the standard diet for certain athletes and people who wanted to built muscles and keep fit. I'm sure it tasted horrible.

I remember there was an interview of Alexander Skarsgård who played Tarzan about his exact diet during Tarzan filming and during cheat day (after 6 months of having plain chick breast and steamed veggies ONLY)he shed tears when he was gifted pizza by his trainer.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Shocked 1
2 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

@Yana @Tofu

Boiled unsalted chicken breast and steamed unseasoned veggies (sometimes added hard boiled egg, white part only) are the standard diet for certain athletes and people who wanted to built muscles and keep fit. I'm sure it tasted horrible.

I remember there was an interview of Alexander Skarsgård who played Tarzan about his exact diet during Tarzan filming and during cheat day he shed tears when he was gifted pizza by his trainer.

:nervous:Ik....but I cant live with that..salute to them. its not easy though

• Like 6

I'm at episode 14. Just have a comment about Niaoniao's mother.

At the beginning, she's made out to be smart, who can see through everyone's gimmicks. That hard slap she gave the aunt was so satisfying. She was biased against her daughter from the start but I thought that was just frustration over NN's rebelliousness and her inability to cope with someone junior who doesn't listen to her. There was also pride, where she knows she is unreasonable but just cannot stand-down or apologise.

But 14 episodes in, after sending her daughter away, and knowing that she almost died at the hands of the "bandits", she is still the same! Plot wise, of course I am happy she stopped the greedy grandmother from taking all the jewellery and objected to the betrothal - because Luo Yao is just to insipid for NN. But in reality, she should be very happy that her daughter has made a good match. She makes no effort to understand or discuss anything with her daughter, but instead commands time and again.

She says she was so hurt when forced to leave the baby after giving birth. But nothing that she has done since she returned shows her regret or love for NN. People only react like this with people they don't like. If she is meant to be a decent mother (I dare not even expect her to be a good mother), I hope the coming episodes will show her change soon. Because if it comes much later, I'm not going to be convinced. She is quite an awful character. And to think NN's father wanted to marry her and only her - I'm beginning to think he is bonkers or she must have some special skills in the bedroom 😂

• Haha 8
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Tofu @Yana Uh, I felt the same about Wu Lei's diet. The dry chicken breast and veggies (and probably tasteless too) were such a turn off. I'm not even expecting him to eat fried chicken but at least show me they are tasty food, you know? However, plenty respect for these guys because they suffered to please our eyes *ahem* abs / biceps *ahem*

@Chocolate Bwahahahahaha here comes Choco's tu cao (吐槽)! I think to entertain and makes it more dramatic, the show has sacrificed Shao Shang's mother's character. She wasn't this bad in the book. And I do think she is quite the typical Chinese (old-fashioned) parents because...

Spoiler

my parents didn't discuss with me anything when I was young too. One day I came home and was informed from next day onwards I'm transferred to another school. I don't even get any chance to say bye to my school friends! My crushhhhh! :PikaWutS:

For Lou Yao, she was concerned that Shao Shang will clash with them. As you can see they are all bitches, and Shao Shang will not have a good life. I think her concerns are valid in this instance. Come to think of it, I don't know how the ancient people deal with it. One mother-in-law is bad enough, these rich families have more than one! 💀💀💀

16 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

As for that scene about why LBY said he would take back his heart if CSS didn't give hers to him, I don't totally get it either. Did they cut something out before that which is why we can't put two and two together? I am just guessing that she may have told him that she doesn't need him to protect her (because he asked her why she thinks she doesn't require his protection) and that scene may have been edited out....Also in that last scene at the entrance to her house, he was trying to tell her that she has to learn to trust him and thus, give her heart totally to him (I am guessing again).

Yeah I don't get why all of a sudden the atmosphere changed between them. There were a couple of times they would argue like this too in the novel, and I'd be confused and thought maybe whoever share the novel online had typos (there were many) so it wasn't properly transcribe.

It seems like in this scene, Ling Bu Yi became unhappy when he asked why Shao Shang wouldn't let him protect her. So... maybe the show did edit out some details because in the book Ling Bu Yi had a spy watching her, so he'd be able to protect her and come to her rescue at any time. There were scenarios where she'd need to reward people in the palace. Even though Ling Bu Yi wasn't around but he would send money to her (so yep, @Yana what's his is hers 😆). One day Shao Shang discovered she was spied on; she got pissed and they fought. Ling Bu Yi stopped spying but in return he had the Emperor made her live in the palace instead of travelling back and forth from home to palace. 😅

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 4