Love Like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂 [2022]

Tofu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3XmzichzzA

I don't know if all of you can see this video. It's a short explanation of LLTG's character names. It's confusing but I think we can say that those bunches of names given to a single person can be liken to the old European custom of name/title given. For example, Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Protector of the Seven Kingdoms, the Mother of Dragons, the Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, the Unburnt, the Breaker of Chains  :shocked:

Each Chinese name given contains good meaning and sometimes new name is given as an award from someone distinguished because Chinese considered name as something very very important and there are certain rules to govern about the dos and don'ts. One "don't" that I found quite funny is Chinese aren't allows to be named after their older folks which is a total opposite of Westerner where it considered to be an honor.

• Like 10
39 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Arghhhhhhh, how can they stop at ep30 like that! Concubine Yue is amazing! Her tongue can slice you to ribbons.

But isn't the Yue family the one Ling Buyi is after for the Gu city massacre? Are those her relatives?

Er when will the next episodes be released? What's the schedule like? 😜

Ling Bu Yi is after Ling family.

Airing schedule is Tues to Thurs (2 episodes per day) for the rest of August.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Party! 1
2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

But isn't the Yue family the one Ling Buyi is after for the Gu city massacre? Are those her relatives?

Yes, LBY is investigating Marquis Yue (not sure is the father or brother of Consort Yue) because General Huo commanded Han Wu to asked for enforcement from him when Gu City under attack.

Han Wu also explained about the poisonous miasma that proven to be not poisonous at all because the soldiers who died were by sword and the horses were back safely to Marquis Yue's stable. The miasma was the reason the said marquis holding back the enforcement.

But whether he is responsible for the massacre or not remain to be seen.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 7
  • Insightful 2
On 7/29/2022 at 4:06 PM, mademoiselle said:

@Tofu @Yana Uh, I felt the same about Wu Lei's diet. The dry chicken breast and veggies (and probably tasteless too) were such a turn off. I'm not even expecting him to eat fried chicken but at least show me they are tasty food, you know? However, plenty respect for these guys because they suffered to please our eyes *ahem* abs / biceps *ahem*

hey actually there are ways to make those interesting...i took healthy meal before and it pretty easy to do it and you definitely cut down alot of weight from that...

try just taking only liquid for 1 week for detoxification...it was pure hell hahaha 

On 7/31/2022 at 9:43 PM, Chocolate said:

Arghhhhhhh, how can they stop at ep30 like that! Concubine Yue is amazing! Her tongue can slice you to ribbons.

totally just like a machine gun...not one person escape :pandacool:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

@NiteWalker i was about to say that I do that pretty often too, boil vege and throw in some protein. When I am lazy I don't bother to put any sauce...if it's fresh it tastes alright. And it trains our palate to be able to savour the actual taste of the food minus whatever sauces we add to spice it up. But I don't prefer chicken breast, a bit too dry unless it's done absolutely right.

I think the daughter (the one without much intelligence) has got on all the right expressions...kudos to her for being such an inane bimbo.

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 7

@NiteWalker Are you talking about those frozen ones or the "special" healthy meals that you join a program and they will send you the meals to your door? I've colleagues who go to the gym and are on special diets and none of their food look delicious for me. And I'm really not into the idea of "weighing" everything I eat. Plus, it's really not accurate to weight calories because everyone's body is different. I guess I'm like Shao Shang... I eat what I want, when I want :laugh:. I will also have a big fight with Ling Bu Yi if he tries to stop me from eating yummy food. That said, I'm not a sweet tooth or a snack person so that's where I can cut down on calories.

3 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

I think the daughter (the one without much intelligence) has got on all the right expressions...kudos to her for being such an inane bimbo.

Hahaha which one is it? The 3rd or 5th princesses? Both are pretty dumb and don't look at the atmosphere (or observe the face of others) before they speak. Truly well-deserved to be shot down by Consort Yue. I'm hoping she shot more bullets in tonight's episode. Hahaha.

• Like 5
7 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha which one is it? The 3rd or 5th princesses? Both are pretty dumb and don't look at the atmosphere (or observe the face of others) before they speak.

Haha, I was going to ask the same. Because almost all of them are quite dumb 😂

But bimbo, I think should be referring to the 3rd princess daughter of Consort Yue right? The one with the puffed up lips.

On 8/1/2022 at 12:06 AM, OsmanthusTea said:

Yes, LBY is investigating Marquis Yue (not sure is the father or brother of Consort Yue) because General Huo commanded Han Wu to asked for enforcement from him when Gu City under attack.

Han Wu also explained about the poisonous miasma that proven to be not poisonous at all because the soldiers who died were by sword and the horses were back safely to Marquis Yue's stable. The miasma was the reason the said marquis holding back the enforcement.

But whether he is responsible for the massacre or not remain to be seen.

27 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I have to say that Consort Yue is my favorite person in the whole wide Cdramaland!! Whooohooo!!! Consort Yue, you rocks!! 

She does! I even re-watched the ending of ep30 just to refresh before going on to 31 lol.

But I think her family is likely to be the culprit regarding the Gu City incident. It's half way through and there are no other suspects. So it remains to be seen if she will try to protect her family at the end - likely not I think. Her son is also another curious point. He's obviously more able than the Crown Prince, so he will likely takeover and the other deposed. But he's a pretty cold one and I'm not sure if he is actually on good terms with Ling Buyi?

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 2
33 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Her son is also another curious point. He's obviously more able than the Crown Prince, so he will likely takeover and the other deposed. But he's a pretty cold one and I'm not sure if he is actually on good terms with Ling Buyi?

I have to say that her son The Third Prince is the same with her. He is a good ruler. He will takeover the crown prince position for sure because the current one is as useless as his mother as a person in high position. He makes to many enemies with his nepotism and indecision to stay seated steadily.

Gu City Massacre involved more than one person, I think. So far in the drama ZiSheng is investigating Marques Yue and Lord Qian An. He didn't suspect his dad at all.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 7
18 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Gu City Massacre involved more than one person, I think. So far in the drama ZiSheng is investigating Marques Yue and Lord Qian An. He didn't suspect his dad at all.

Qian An is the one with the mine in some faraway place right - relative of the Empress? I think that family is not likely the culprit. LBY has said that Lord Xuan was likely hoodwinked by Yue family.

I didn't think of his father, Marquis Chenyang. But he is a minor character - even if he turns out to be an accomplice, there is no great impact. Whereas the Yue family is relative of Consort Yue so there will be some dilemma there. Plus the 5th Princess is due to marry the dissolute Yue son - looks like her father-in-law also doesn't want the marriage lol.

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Qian An is the one with the mine in some faraway place right - relative of the Empress? I think that family is not likely the culprit. LBY has said that Lord Xuan was likely hoodwinked by Yue family.

I didn't think of his father, Marquis Chenyang. But he is a minor character - even if he turns out to be an accomplice, there is no great impact. Whereas the Yue family is relative of Consort Yue so there will be some dilemma there. Plus the 5th Princess is due to marry the dissolute Yue son - looks like her father-in-law also doesn't want the marriage lol.

Oooooooh, you don't know then....:shocked2: I thought you know. Wanna a spoiler???

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Haha 5
10 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Haha! What what! Tell @OsmanthusTea 😂

Spoiler

According to the book, Marques ChenYang is the main culprit. He killed General Huo and little ZiSheng saw it with his own eyes. Another plot twist is Ling ZiSheng isn't Marques ChenYang's son but General Huo's. His  mother or his auntie to be exact hid him and claimed him as her son. The trailer that saw ZiSheng murdering a whole room of people is the time where he kills Marques ChengYang etc.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 2

@OsmanthusTea hahaha! I actually know who the real culprit is because I saw a video on YT explaining it. I am curious to find out how Ling Buyi figures it out eventually.

Can't wait for tomorrow's episodes where we see more sweet moments between Zisheng and Shaoshang.

Just saw the trailers for ep 37 and 38 and it looks like something bad is going to happen where Zisheng gets punished 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

2 minutes ago, Mouse said:

@OsmanthusTea hahaha! I actually know who the real culprit is because I saw a video on YT explaining it. I am curious to find out how Ling Buyi figures it out eventually.

Can't wait for tomorrow's episodes where we see more sweet moments between Zisheng and Shaoshang.

Just saw the trailers for ep 37 and 38 and it looks like something bad is going to happen where Zisheng gets punished 

Yes, there is video of WuLei explaining about Marques ChenYang. I saw the trailers of 37-38 too, that will be next week....:shocked:

Add.

I think ZiSheng got spank because he beats up The 5th Prince on behalf of NiaoNiao

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1