Love Like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂 [2022]

Tofu

25 minutes ago, Lynne said:

CSS has been shown to have both parents characteristic.. but she's not raised by them.. and sadly they view her first by her mistakes and the people who raised her; ie Second aunt...

nope...she isnt raised by them...or the 2nd aunt....she is more or less raise herself...in between her aunt and her grandma...she always need to be on defensive...and just when we thought with the mother in the picture....she can be less defensive and be more carefree....unfortunately...she cannot let the guard down and need to be on guard all the times instead...

she was shown some pampering and love was only by the queen...the queen was loving with her...and smiles and laugh at her mistakes and encourage her again in such a motherly way...that something CSS craft for....

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
5 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

she was shown some pampering and love was only by the queen...the queen was loving with her...and smiles and laugh at her mistakes and encourage her again in such a motherly way...that something CSS craft for....

Exactly.. the queen gives her the motherly love and also care that she needs... and I'm here for that........ 

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, Lynne said:

Exactly.. the queen gives her the motherly love and also care that she needs... and I'm here for that........ 

sometimes others shown us more kindness than our own mother does....

however im lucky....my mother do care for me in her own ways and she and me came to an understanding together...it wasnt easy to be honest to reach that...however it can always be done if both are willing to take a step back and came to a more neutral ground...

treating one another with respect...

CSS in turn doesnt fully accepted the mother...and the mother is trying to assert her will into CSS forcefully...so when the force is being use in between the two of them....it does make both act willfully against each other, even though there are some little small moment you can actually see that both yearn to be closer to each other like they are suppose to be...

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1
8 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

however im lucky....my mother do care for me in her own ways and she and me came to an understanding together...it wasnt easy to be honest to reach that...however it can always be done if both are willing to take a step back and came to a more neutral ground...

-big hug angie... i also know that I'm not the best daughter out there.. sometimes I think I'm to cold to my own family... lol...

8 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

treating one another with respect...

yes.. this is their biggest issue isn't it?... 

nevertheless.. sometimes.. it is what it is... it will come to a point where do you want to keep struggling with the never ending issue.. or do you want to have a peace of mind by accepting that not everything has to work out and move forward with your life. 

• Like 7
7 minutes ago, Lynne said:

yes.. this is their biggest issue isn't it?... 

not only that...the mother need to start treating CSS as someone who can think for herself...if not how the hell did she survive under her aunt and grandma all these while...

CSS need to show her mother some degree of respect...you can see that whenever she was force to do something she didnt did it out of respect...but was due to she was force to do it....unwillingly 

maybe thats is why the mother is so oppose to CSS too...if only both can really have a heart to heart talk 

• Like 5

The mother also can't stop comparing CSS with yangyang which further the conflict.CSS may seem uncaring about it, but it doesn't mean that the mother's attitude doesn't hurt.. sigh..

One thing I'm glad to be pointed out in the show is that CSS knows clearly that yangyang is not at fault and still like the cousin..  while another sad part of me also think CSS also knows CY longer.. from snippets of conversation in the earlier episodes, CY also helps CSS from time to time in the past.. so she knows her cousins better than her mother.... her cousin is timid, yet has a kind heart.. if anything else, they both suffer because of the second aunt - altho one is lighter than the others.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, Lynne said:

The mother also can't stop comparing CSS with yangyang which further the conflict.CSS may seem uncaring about it, but it doesn't mean that the mother's attitude doesn't hurt.. sigh..

One thing I'm glad to be pointed out in the show is that CSS knows clearly that yangyang is not at fault and still like the cousin..  while another sad part of me also think CSS also knows CY longer.. from snippets of conversation in the earlier episodes, CY also helps CSS from time to time in the past.. so she knows her cousins better than her mother.... her cousin is timid, yet has a kind heart.. if anything else, they both suffer because of the second aunt - altho one is lighter than the others.  

yes...one good turn for the whole thing is that despite all the conflict, both are still true to each other and was there for each other in a sense....

they didnt force one another into a mold however they whole heartedly agree and accepted each other as they are...

because all individuals belong to themselves and no one else...

• Like 5

I think the problem is that SS grew up without her parents and so SS and her mother do not know each other well enough. There is a void in SS due to her parents' absence. All her life, she was made to feel as though she was abandoned and she probably feels insecure about her parents' love and care for her. So she craves love, attention and assurance from them. Unfortunately, her mother doesn't seem to know this and her mother believes in "tough" love. In her mind, the best she can do for SS is to toughen her up to face the world. But her methods only hurt SS even more. Since they don't know each other well enough, there is a lot of misunderstanding happening between them. SS only sees her mother as cold, strict and difficult to please. Her mother sees her as stubborn, unrefined and cunning. They would do better if they actually took the time to get to know each other more.

Having said that, I don't agree with how her mother spoke ill of her in front of the emperor and everyone else. I get that she likely thought that was the best way to get SS out of a marriage proposal she didn't want or wasn't ready for. However, it only hurt and embarrassed SS. Mind you, she was not aware that SS was being bullied right before. I don't know if she is aware of how much everyone looks down on her daughter. Maybe if she knew what had transpired earlier, she would have handled the situation differently.

I initially questioned Ling Buyi's timing to propose. But after reading all of your comments, I now understand that it was the best time to let everyone know how highly he esteems SS and that to him, she is the only one. I love that this time, he is taking no chances is losing her to someone else. I cannot wait for SS to get to know him better and fall for him.

I have to say that I love the emperor.. he is like the comic relief to all of this. I haven't read the novel so I am not sure what happens later but from the previews I've seen, it looks like Ling Buyi is going to be punished for something (I just don't know what).

Ugh I cannot wait for Season 2! I didn't even know there were 2 seasons! 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

15 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I put NiaoNiao's Mother side by side with Ling Xiao's Mother (Go Ahead Drama) in The Hall of Toxic Mothers in Cdramaland. I just can't with these two....:shocked:

Omg.. you're not the only thinking about this.... I know CC.. I know.. they're so frustrating in how they parent their child. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
27 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I put NiaoNiao's Mother side by side with Ling Xiao's Mother (Go Ahead Drama) in The Hall of Toxic Mothers in Cdramaland. I just can't with these two....

Oh no!! I forgot all about the mom in Go Ahead! I thought I did a good job forgetting she ever existed. Hahaha!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
15 hours ago, Mouse said:

Having said that, I don't agree with how her mother spoke ill of her in front of the emperor and everyone else. I get that she likely thought that was the best way to get SS out of a marriage proposal she didn't want or wasn't ready for. However, it only hurt and embarrassed SS. Mind you, she was not aware that SS was being bullied right before. I don't know if she is aware of how much everyone looks down on her daughter. Maybe if she knew what had transpired earlier, she would have handled the situation differently.

it was heart breaking to see how CSS swallow that down and agree to the mother's words....ZLS portray the hurt deep insides tears brimming while the rest of those girls snickers behind the scenes...

i felt like slapping the mother....she could have done it better or find a better way to reject the proposal...but urgh..........talking bout that make my blood boil!!! :mad:

12 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I put NiaoNiao's Mother side by side with Ling Xiao's Mother (Go Ahead Drama) in The Hall of Toxic Mothers in Cdramaland. I just can't with these two....

well one different....LingXiao's mother uses mentally to force LX into a corner...

this one...by force and the superiority that 'I'm the mother, what I say is LAW'

:pandarage2:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

wei wei, I can see E28 trailer on WeTV!!!! means what - is Part 2 gonna continue airing on Tuesday too?

I saw the trailer, and I am in love with our dear General. He is so darn sweet and he knows what she is thinking...oh I've never been more moved by a piece of flat bread. :heart:

I swear I am gonna watch that trailer a gazillion more times. (the BGM for that scene came in just at the right moment and the piece of music they chose was spot on in conveying the mood... kudos to the editing team)

@abs-oluteM have you seen the trailer? omo, his voice and intonation... my heart just melted while listening to him speak. [Though I've been married for 20+ years, I am still gonna ask this question, where can I find a man like this? :smug:]

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 4

Yes @IpohBanana ...swoon!

Here you go eps 28 preview

@IpohBanana that flat bread ...so much significance to it especially having seen eps 25 & 26. I was completely won over by LBY's reasoning for marrying her and to how he created a ruckus at Yao's engagement to defend her against the vicious gossip. But yet SS saw & interpreted this so differently that I had to pause to see her point of view. Instead of appreciating his protection, she  felt even smaller because what they respected was his power and not her. I get that completely. And when he stopped her eating that flat bread even if it was in her best interest (from his viewpoint), I knew this couple have much to learn about being in a relationship & marriage. This won't be a frictionless relationship ( and that is the case with all marriages), so it will be interesting to see how they handle & navigate those differences between them. 

Unlike A Yao who was Mr Obedient ( and Mr No Opinion), SS is now engaged to someone who is completely in control of everything and set in his own ways. I can see why SS would be apprehensive after that initial declaration that she would marry him. It is not only SS who is going to learn about what she would want in a good marriage but I feel LBY will also see some growth. Of course we can all see how sincere LBY is ( and in time she will )...but he too needs to realise that the best intentions are not necessarily the right ones. 

This bit was funny too @OsmanthusTea...only LBY can tell a joke that ended sounding like a death threat. LOL

FYmX_foaQAIUSOS?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Star Struck 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Wow that was short.  Previews had me expecting more this week.  Nevertheless, my expectations of their relationship coming together  in Part 2  seems most likely.  

I agree CSS feels sad being  somewhat powerless and having the alpha male LBY take reins is discouraging to her. 

Lowering my expectations for Part 1 last episode,  hope the drunk scene is hilarious.  I kept replaying because I missed watching and found the scene too funny.

After reading the book forum spoilers,  I’m trying to break my addiction to playing previews clips.  Hopefully Part 2 will be released soon and can resume this weekly addiction.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

LingBuYi, for your sake, I will forget the whole breakfast awkward scene and scrub it from my mind... and I know so you do you.... and everyone else to be honest

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH... :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

----

Joking aside, I know that he's trying...  in his own way, he's trying.. altho  poor SS... she's under a lot of pressure.... sigh... and this makes me mad all over again... 

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

This won't be a frictionless relationship ( and that is the case with all marriages), so it will be interesting to see how they handle & navigate those differences between them. 

Yes.. for me, the growth process in their relationship feels very realistic.. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

From book translation in depth Carriage scene. Wow :wow:  I like this portrayal better

Spoiler

On the carriage, LBY and CSS were silent for a while.

"Why don't you say anything?" LBY said.

CSS said confidently, "Perhaps it was because I talked too much earlier."

"You didn't say anything just now."

CSS was silent.

LBY extended his hand toward the girl. She bowed her head again. His hand stopped in midair, in the dark like a faint orchid blooming. He clenched his fist and pulled back, "What did I do wrong? I just wanted to make you happy.”

Shao Shang stared at the corner as if she was in a trance, not knowing what to think.

“In the past, I didn't understand what power was. But tonight, I have seen it with my own eyes. Tonight we struggled to argue and couldn't win. Then you came! In just a few sentences, you solved the problem. Even then, you didn't have to say anything, as soon as your eyes looked around, everyone will do as you say."

LBY whispered: "You don't like power?" 

"If I didn't have the power of my father, I wouldn't even be a servant." The girl shook her head, "Besides, power is just a sharp knife, we can't distinguish between good and bad, we have to see who uses it."

There was doubt in LBY's eyes: "Then why do you..."

“Tonight I relied on the authority in your hands, it didn't belong to me.” The girl widened her black and white eyes, bright and clear, “From now on, I can use your power because, in the future, I will marry you, have your children and raise them for you. I need to make you happy, so I can share in your power.”

Rarely in LBY's life, do doubts arise: "Husband and wife are like birds with wings, isn't that very natural?"

"It's not your fault, but I'm stubborn." CSS smiled sentimentally, “I want to live according to my will, but if I follow you, I have to live according to your will. ... Today, I discover that if I marry you, the most important thing for me in the future is to discover and cater to your preferences so I can make you happy. I need to change my way of life for you. And in the end, I don't know what I will become."

LBY seemed to have understood, and coldly said: "For you, marriage is just a matter of whether it is convenient or not."

"If it doesn't fit, why call it predestined, it's cruel." CSS wanted to pull out his hands but tried several times but failed.

She tried again, but still couldn't pull her hands back, so she pushed her hands firmly forward, her hands covering his cheek, caressing his cheek.

LBY was startled, he had never allowed anyone to caress him, and could not help but feel bewildered.

Small soft palm pressed against his pale cheek, CSS felt the rough touch and the hard skin under her palm. The two sat facing each other, face to face, almost breathing. The tall young man's body, even though he was sitting, was still as tall as a mountain, making her raise her head, arching her slender neck to be able to see his face.

She had never looked at anyone so closely: the beautiful chin bone, the beautifully curved forehead, the dark brown eyes under the low fluttering butterfly wings, the beautiful precious eyes, there were no eyes so beautiful in the world. 

"It's all my fault, I should have told you sooner." The girl said softly, “Maybe I… shouldn't get married. My unruly character is very hateful, I should not cause harm to others. We are really not a match."

He sneered.

She is like a weak butterfly whose wings are wetted by the rain, gently trembling as if no one is protecting her, possibly dying at any moment, but her true nature is very arrogant and domineering. She could look at him with such gentle eyes, but at the same time, she could indifferently utter such cold words. But he understood. Everything she said was from her heart.

"I like to hold things in my hands, but if I am in other people's hands, I don't feel secure." LBY squeezed the girl's hand, pressing hard on his face.

CSS felt his scorching hot breath on her face, the smell of sweet fruit wine mixed with the smell of an adult male.

LBY suddenly let go of her hand, and sat down in the far corner, his magnificent lapis lazuli robe covered his long legs, and a faint light flashed in the darkness. He stretched out his hand and gently opened the window, his eyes looking out, a cold orange beam of light shining through the crack, illuminating his jade-like face.

"How do you know you are not holding me in your hand? " he said.

CSS looked down at her feet and sighed: "No one will be held by others. Unless you let me go, I can't leave you." She really misses the time when she could at least part freely. If she dares to leave LBY, the old emperor will hang her on the city gate as a lantern!

The carriage stopped in front of Cheng Fu's door, Shao Shang resolutely brushed aside LBY's outstretched hand, but his carriage did not have a platform, so she lifted her skirt clumsily and jumped down with difficulty.

She suppressed the pain in her leg, staggered to say goodbye to LBY, then bowed her head and went straight to the door of the mansion, thinking, that perhaps the day after tomorrow the palace people will not come to pick her up again.

The old steward Cheng Shun noticed an unusual atmosphere, looked at his young lady, then looked at LBY, and finally bowed his head silently.

LBY stopped inexplicably, just quietly watching the girl's back disappearing, her slender body like a willow but stubbornly straightened.

Tomorrow she will have to enter the palace. There she will meet many girls who are good at guessing people's hearts. She will know how many girls wish to be able to achieve glory and riches with gentle charm. Then she will know, in the face of power, how many people are willing to twist their spines into bizarre positions to satisfy the pleasure of their superiors.

And finally, she will understand how ridiculous her thinking now is.

Watching the girl go further and further away, the torches held high by the servants on both sides of the red flickering, LBY strode forward. In only a dozen steps, he caught up with the girl and hugged her tightly in his arms.

CSS felt like she was being hugged by an iron arm, and even her feet were still off the ground for a while. She screamed in fear but was hugged closer to her lap, glued to the boy's chest like heaven and earth, and hot breath kissed her hair.

In a daze, she seemed to hear LBY whispering a sentence: "…You can't be not needing me!"

She suddenly realized that this was an obscure sentence.

credit@scarfie on mdl 

Edited by Mizv
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 3