Love Like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂 [2022]

Tofu

@mademoiselle I think CSS is supposed to be in her late teens. All of them are very young and they are already thinking about marriage! I can't even imagine being that young and worrying about who you'll married. I bet my mom wish I was thinking about marriage the way they are. :laugh:

The more I read about YS I realized that he's just misunderstood. He's not that bad and I think how he presents himself is a way of him hiding who he is. I read somewhere that he broke off the engagement with CSS because she wasn't meant to be loved by him. He knew how much LBY was silently watching and protecting CSS from afar. At the end, his love for CSS was incomparable to the love LBY had for her. 

@40somethingahjumma The emperor is hilarious and I love watching his scenes with the eunuch. It's actually pretty refreshing to see how much he loves  and favors LBY. It's seems very genuine and not politically driven at all. 

18 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

sorry folks, I've just got to get this off my chest... the OCD in me is deeply concerned with how dirty their clothes are getting from being dragged all over the place,

OMGGGGGGG!!! YES! During the scenes in the rain it was driving me crazy that their clothes were getting wet and dirty. :pandacop:

13 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

For such a young actor he had mastered the essences of acting. His micro expression and eyes acting will put some more senior actors to shame.

I agreed! There were a few moments where I noticed how his face softens whenever he sees CSS or there's a slight change in his expression based on the scene. I tried to capture one to show, but it was a bit difficult. Hopefully, everyone is able to kind of see what I'm talking about.

LLTG-53.gif

Since we're already looking at gifs of Wu Lei, why not admire how handsome he is?! :wow:

LLTG-46-T.gif

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 4

@Tofu this is getting harder and harder to concentrate on work...lol...and u r no 1 to distract me the most... :P :P 

I have hardly seen you gushing over a drama this much.... I can guess u r really loving this one...more so because of Wu Lei...lol... Can't blame you... I gushed over him even when he was a teenager... :D :D Loving ur new DP...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

@Tofu Going by the novel, Ling Bu Yi (I've an issue that he'll change his surname to Huo Bu Yi later coz it doesn't sound as nice so I might change to calling him Zi Sheng later on) is 21 years old.

Lou Yao and Shao Shang are about the same age ~ I'd say 13-14 years old 16 and 14 years old respectively, so yes, VERY YOUNG, to even think about marriage. Although in the novel, Shao Shang is from a modern world who has gone to University so her mentality is much older than the real Shao Shang (who has died from sickness due to family abuse).

I can't remember whether in passing, Yuan Shen's age was ever mentioned but he would be older than Shao Shang and either younger than Ling Bu Yi or same age. And yes, you were right that I think he broke off the engagement after learning how much Ling Bu Yi secretly did many things for Shao Shang. That's what I've read on SNS too. Yuan Shen is actually not as annoying as played out in the drama, at least he never badmouthed Shao Shang and listed out all the things he disapproves of her to Lou Yao. He cares about Shao Shang a lot and gets jealous etc etc.

And in the novel it was quite funny that everyone knows the 3 suiters like Shao Shang and she's the only super clueless ones!

Lastly, currently my most FAVOURITE bit is Ling Bu Yi, instead of addressing Shao Shang as "Cheng Si Niang Zi", he addresses her as "Shao Shang". KYAAAAAAAA! In my mind, I just imagine the tone to be the sweet and gentle... :heart: Remember the scene where Shao Shang returns home and they were stopped at the gate? Ling Bu Yi rode to her palaquin and called out, "Shao Shang Shao Shang. Are you in there?" — I died.

他和淩不疑屬於見過面,但從未說過話,也沒有交情。正打算先寒暄兩句就算過去了,卻見淩不疑徑直向自己身後的輜車騎去。他和蕭夫人愣了下,趕忙跟了上去。

淩不疑一眼就看見那輛醒目的金紅色小軺車,騎至輜車旁,輕聲呼喚:「少商,少商,你在裡面麼?」 (Shao Shang, Shao Shang, are you in there?"

「淩大人,你怎麼也在這裡?!」她驚喜道,又望見圍繞著程家車隊的數百輕騎,皺起纖細的眉頭,「您又要去捉拿人犯了麼,肩上的傷可好了?」

淩不疑俯視女孩,笑意柔軟 (soft smile),道:「全都好了,還得謝謝你拔箭。」

Ling Bu Yi look down on the girl with a soft smile and said, "I'm all healed, had to thank you for pulling out the arrow".

淩不疑將一隻修長有力的手扶在車框上,他彎下白皙優美的頸項,對車內輕聲道:「你好好歇息,日後我去看你。」(You have a good rest, I'll go see you another day)I died again. But Shao Shang had to say no and that she and Ah Yao will go visit him. Tsk!

To be honest, in the drama, Wu Lei doesn't even smile that much to Shao Shang...

BTS

Hahahaha the mum is so funny at the end of this clip

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

@movingwheel Hahaha! That just means we need to watch more dramas together!  Unfortunately, for @abs-oluteM and @40somethingahjumma, they have seen it all with how much I adore Wu Lei. @IpohBanana has been on the receiving end of other Chinese actors I like too. :lmao2:

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Lastly, currently my most FAVOURITE bit is Ling Bu Yi, instead of addressing Shao Shang as "Cheng Si Niang Zi", he addresses her as "Shao Shang". KYAAAAAAAA!

Every time he calls her Shao Shang now, I'm going to imagine you screaming in happiness. Hahaha!! 

Lei Lei mentioned in his interview that Ling Buyi doesn't smile as much, BUT he'll be smiling more soon! There are lots of upcoming scenes with him smiling at Shao Shang. :heart:

Whenever I think about it, I do feel bad for Shao Shang. She's going to be engaged three times before she's get married, she was never able to experience parental love and when she does that person dies early. :letalQQ:

@IpohBanana I read that Lusi and Wu Lei just finished dubbing as part one is airing. There is a possibility it won't air until the end of August/early September. However, there are also other rumors going around that it'll air in early August. It's hard to know what's true. I think to keep the momentum, they should air it in early August. I don't want a poorly edited drama too, so....:idk:

Preview 25

Spoiler

Preview 26

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

I just completed episode 19 and 20 . Our General Ling is  :pandablush:. That parting speech before he went to war had me in tears. All he could think of was what she wanted for her future. He gave her advice on not moving hastily. He talked about never having a chance to listen to her play the flute properly. Then retracts realising that she will soon be a married woman. Sniff...look at how beautiful he looks here...

And if people say that Wu Lei is too stoic or what naught they just have to see him in the scene where he killed Lord Yong. He was scary and his eyes were filled with revenge and hate. I was taken aback. But I get why Ling BY would do it of course even at the expense of being punished - this was for his family. The King did let him off quite lightly but I do wonder if this will come back to haunt him.

Anyhow the drama is setting things in motion for SS and Yao's engagement to come to an end. Yao is a sweet boy, and he's grown to be more courageous but he still seems to lack guts when it matters. The idea to solve the issue of him being forced to marry the other girl comes from SS. That scene where they were meeting He Zhao Jun, he was too scared to talk to her. If it were LBY, he would never let this happen. Anyway it was a good thing too that he didn't follow them - or how can we possibly get this scene. Look at the fire chemistry here! SS's heart must be fluttering hard !

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

The parting speech in that beautifully CGI little forest stirred NiaoNiao's heart for sure but damn! she didn't understand that the feeling she felt is love. LingLing is a great man, he knows his situation isn't right for romance. He knew that loving her means letting her go because their purposes in life is polar opposite.

If we omitted the thing called love, Lady He is the most suitable spouse for Yao. Yao's Fam can regain prestige and more influence by marrying her (she comes loaded with gold and army) so they won't be oppress by his First Uncle's fam anymore. She is as sassy and even bolder than NiaoNiao. She can totally beat up that distasteful mom-daughter duo. His GeGe can be freely working in the court, Mommy won't be treated like a dirt and Yao himself can have more opportunities. Beside after her experienced the death of her family by her supposedly husband of her own choice, I think she will appreciates the gentle Yao more. Yao-NiaoNiao Nuptial will be a disaster IF it did happened.

@abs-oluteM

The craze looks in his eyes when he twisted that stabbed dagger made me shuddered.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 3

I watch episodes on kissh since it’s faster on my end coming out subtitles.  however, I do notice the translations are different or hard to catch.  end up rewatch it again on other sites.  Is having multiple translations normal with Cdramas?  

Enjoyed watching  He Zhou behead Prince X.  Wow girl that rocked! I do feel pity for Yao, but agree with CSS mom that he is too soft.  He is a complete walking board. Yao’s mom was trippin asking CSS to be an concubine.  I wish they had scenes of CSS and her Mom after all that drama at Yao’s.  

LBY showing up in the end was so cool.  After no scenes together and being separated for months, he shows up so big and burly.  I’m sure CSS felt something. she is just denying herself.  

Edited by Mizv
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Just finished ep 19 and 20, there's a lot fav moments in the drama.:wow2:

spacer.png

Such beautiful scene but heartbreaking moment. 

spacer.png

Absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this scene, this is the first time they're in the same 'page' :cry:

spacer.png

This is the most satisfying scene in the drama, Loa's mom and daughter got beaten by Cheng's mom and daughter :cool:

spacer.png

LOVE...LOVE...LOVEEEEE THIS FREAKING SCENE!! GENERAL LING SAID DONT AFRAID, I AM HERE! and i noticed he said the same thing when he saved niaoniao from bandit attacked in yao city (i think???)

Overall I satisfied with yesterday episodes, cant wait to see what's next!!:wow2:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

别怕,我来了!

Sigh!

Swoon!

I'm such a sucker for these little breadcrumbs between the leads. 

Ling Zisheng -- A man of few words. But when he speaks, the universe listens.

Once again, this director is really good. Please sir fanservice some more. 

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 10.53.26 am

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 10.52.56 am

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 5

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Another scene that looks badass to me is when LBY interrogates Lord Yong and the expression LBY has on his face while killing Lord Yong. :shocked: Also, I like this "new version" of He Zhoujun. When something tragic happens in your family, it definitely changes a person. She even admitted that LY has matured. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

THAT ENDING SCENE!! :heart:

Why are they so cute?! After not seeing each other for a month and parting the way they did, that was a swoonworthy way of meeting each other again. 

LLTG-56-T.gif

Ling Buyi love with all his heart. His farewell with Shao Shang was so sad but true to who he is. Ling Buyi asking Shao Shang what she wants to do (besides getting married) was a way to get her to not forget about her dreams. He wishes nothing but the best for her and wants her to live the life she wants to. 

The proposed marriage between the Luo Yao and He Zhao Jun benefits both families. I can understand why the Luo Family is quick to break off the engagement between Luo Yao and Cheng Shao Shang. The one between Luo Yao and He Zhao Jun is going to bring the Luo Family the prestige they are searching for. 

I'm so happy I'm working from home the rest of the week! I can watch the new episodes as I work. LOL!! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Yay....the end of A Yao era! 

Call me a sceptic but I didn't quite buy the whole "prioritizing the nation before ourselves" reason that SS used to break things up with Yao.  She can kid herself but she basically didn't like him all that much ahahah...Anyway, I am not complaining because now she can start focusing her attention on our General Ling. The scene that cracked me up was the emperor being all so  bothered and excited that his LBY went to save her again. Emperor is the captain of this ship. He wants it so bad , even more than LBY himself. :laugh:

By the way, I love this scene. LBY says he will stand by whatever decision she makes because it is always the right one. I am sure he would want her not to marry Yao but he doesn't take advantage of her vulnerability and persuades her to change her stance.

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring