Love Like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂 [2022]

Tofu

17 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I hate Yuan Shen so much at the moment.....:mad:

He expresses his feelings to her in the worst way possible.

Please don't remind me about the parakeet kiss in The Long Ballad. :lettalKWA:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@Tofu

I like WuLei but tbh I'm having hard time to shake off my mental image of him as Baby Boy Fei Liu. I'm like a mother hen who having difficulty to let her grownup  children move forward.....:zzzz:

But in this drama, I have to admit with a heavy heart that he is indeed a a grown 4$$ man who is capable in everything he put his heart into, a handsome gorg sizzling smoldering darkly manly man....:wow:

B6443-F1-F-9-A85-4-AAB-8621-09-B2-E67-CE

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@OsmanthusTea I completely understand! That's how I feel about Yeo Jin Goo, who I think has a very similar career to Wu Lei. Both started as child actors and are now male leads in their dramas. I have a hard time looking at Yeo Jin Goo other than the cute little boy playing the younger version of literally every male actor in Korea. Luckily, I did not follow Wu Lei when he was younger so my image of him can be this:

LLTG-50-T.gif

I promise I don't have many more Wu Lei gifs left to share. :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Star Struck 1
38 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@OsmanthusTea I completely understand! That's how I feel about Yeo Jin Goo, who I think has a very similar career to Wu Lei. Both started as child actors and are now male leads in their dramas. I have a hard time looking at Yeo Jin Goo other than the cute little boy he was playing the younger version of literally every male actor in Korea. Luckily, I did not follow Wu Lei when he was younger so my image of him can be this:

I promise I don't have many more Wu Lei gifs left to share. :laugh:

Mine is this WuLei….:lmao2:

F8-BC0424-EBB4-49-EE-8-E22-F54-D458-CE7-

He is a gem. Rarely a child actor can successfully transitioned into adult actor. The hot one to boot…..#fanning

F9-AC74-D9-5-A6-B-467-D-AB50-C1-BF11-C63

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

spacer.png

The drama queen grandmother when the betrothal gift been taking away from her!:laugh:

9 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

FA49-AE6-A-57-AF-494-A-8-FFD-6-A2-CCAA86

Well, I hope we will get a decent kiss from NotABabyAnymore WuLei….The Chang Ge’s parakeets kiss is so traumatic.

47-D6-A2-B9-4-F23-403-A-AB76-B51-D893-D2

“Her marriage, It’ll be my responsibility."

Aaaarrrggghhhh!!! #fainted

@abs-oluteM

Ling’s carriage interior is so gorgeous.

Add.

I hate Yuan Shen so much at the moment.....:mad:

At this point....yuan shen kinda annoying me..I think niaoniao felt the same too.

Ling's carriage so big and I like the colours, and there's an area you can lie down:smug:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Just caught up with this week's epis & so much progress between LBY & CSS😍

Though CSS's lack of reaction to LBY's efforts kept confusing the viewers about her feelings about him, no one should be in doubt anymore when she literally cried in front of him. She felt safe enough with him to let go of her facade & be openly vulnerable with him in the carriage. She really doesn't show her vulnerable side to anyone. She tried it with her mother initially but stopped after she was punished. She did share her feelings with LY but she always has to be the strong one for him. She cannot be weak in front of him. Through his actions LBY has earned her trust & she really feels comfortable to be herself with him. 

LBY also rescued her once more. But more interesting part was them teaming up & fooling everyone with their cliff rescue story to veer off doubts about CSS whereabouts. They literally did a rehearsal with CSS even tearing up to make it believable hahahaha 🤣

I loved the way CSS handled her break up with LY. From the moment she became aware of the HJZ situation her first thought has been about LY having to be with the girl who bullied him. She tried her best for LY's sake but again she was not going to sacrifice herself to be his concubine. CSS-LY friendship has only strengthened more due to the break up. I love how CSS adviced LY & he himself has also learnt from his experience with CSS & is not ready to allow the 1st branch or HJZ bully himself. CSS-LY are friendship goals. I am sure that LY will always be a staunch supporter of CSS in future. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

i have never loved an emperor this much.. !!!!! Gosh , he is cutest... the biggest shipper of LBY and CSS...

When this LY arc ended , i just sighed with relief....but it seems drama will end in a cliffhanger.... both of them betrothed to each other.....thats it...

Any idea , when will 2nd season come?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

I don't know if the novel was written by the same author as the author of story of Ming lan but I always felt both the shows are very similar. 

The recent epis have made it even more clear. The revenge storyline has been given to LBY in this show. The emperor - LBY relationship also reminds me of ML & her grandmother's relationship. LBY is undoubtedly the emperors fav & he constantly worries about him like a mother hen. The emperor is just too funny in his contrariness about LBY's marriage prospect. He finds no one good enough for him.

The love between the emperor & LBY is genuine. I think the emperor will be regretful about not getting justice for huo clan on his own after LBY's revenge killing spree similar to how ML's grandma was after she came to know about ML's scheme to take revenge from her father's concubine. But since the situation cannot be hidden he will definitely have to punish LBY. If it were someone else they would be executed but since it's LBY, he gets banished. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
39 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

If it were someone else they would be executed but since it's LBY, he gets banished.

toward some of the song i saw SS running towards LBY who was lying down as if they were being given strokes of punishment or in preparation of being executed?

i hope it was the stroke of beating he is getting... we all know that the emperor favor LBY however he still need to be stern with him to show that he is a fair emperor

• Like 5
1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

toward some of the song i saw SS running towards LBY who was lying down as if they were being given strokes of punishment or in preparation of being executed?

i hope it was the stroke of beating he is getting... we all know that the emperor favor LBY however he still need to be stern with him to show that he is a fair emperor

I have re-watched the song so many times...why doesn't it have Eng subs😌.

Yes LBY is being given strikes. I think it is only the strokes & banishment to the borders- demotion for sure. I don't know if his engagement with CSS being annulled will be part of the punishment or he himself will break it because he is being banished. Doesn't look like CSS would break up the engagement when she is helping him to run away from the site of massacre & hugging him in tears while he is being punished. 

Emperor can only punish him for taking the law to himself. The evidence against the culprits would be present. So it is not like he did anything wrong other than executing the culprits himself. Plus the emperor loves him truly. 

I am wondering why hasn't anyone in the palace plotted against LBY when he is so clearly favoured by the emperor. 

2 hours ago, movingwheel said:

@Lodestar yes i also felt similarities.... i already knew that the writer did write the script for minglan so the love between the leads will always be more realistic like growing together kinda...we can see the same here as well..

I loved story of minglan & I am loving this show as well. I just hope we get to see CSS-LBY married life as well in the show. By the end if 1st part, it looks like their engagement has just begun. 

Edited by Lodestar
Edit
  • Like 5

@Lodestar yes their engagement has begun but there will be angst ..... LBY will take off....then CSS will be engaged to the third annoying guy who keeps insulting her....I dont remember the name....then that engagement will be broken and then she will get engaged to LBY again..... the other guy himself breaks his engagement with her when he gets to know what LBY did for his family.... then as per novel , a lot of grovelling ...etc..

• Like 5

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

18 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yay....the end of A Yao era! 

Call me a sceptic but I didn't quite buy the whole "prioritizing the nation before ourselves" reason that SS used to break things up with Yao.  She can kid herself but she basically didn't like him all that much ahahah...

I believe her actually even though I never thought that she was ever really in love with him. The moment the two of them decided to break off the engagement was the moment I thought they both grew up. A'Yao even sounded like he was ready to be a husband. Before the two of them were just fooling around like a couple of playmates. This was a test and they passed. The two of them became adults at that moment because they understood what it is that distinguishes adults from children. Adults understand that you can't have everything you want go your way. This is why I've always said that Ling Buyi is the adult of the room because his entire life is about service to others. Even his revenge. Why should he have to sacrifice everything while Niaoniao and A'Yao who are babes in the wood get to have everything go their way? For me this is the moral of this arc. It has nothing to do with being lucky or unlucky but about character. Sooner or later, everyone has to stand at the crossroads and make that life-changing choice. 

More than a romance this is a coming of age story. All these spoilt brats who haven't had to think too much about where their next meal will come from finally realise that there's more at stake than their personal happiness. When you think about how an entire family was sacrificed for a city what is your little romance? Where are your petty grievances?

This was the first time I saw them both talk to each other a lot more deeply and Niaoniao looked like the older sister telling the younger brother what he should be doing.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

I had hope that HJZ would show some maturity wrt her behaviour after the tragedy but I didn't see it. It's still all about her & her pain & tragedies regardless of what anyone else is feeling. 

Why the heck did she take CSS to see the execution of prince xiao other than to intimidate her? Yes what happened to her is unfair & tragic but that doesn't give her the right to act wilfully. LY & CSS had nothing to do with what happened with her. She needs to eat the humble pie. I hope LY is a calming influence on her. 

3 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I believe her actually even though I never thought that she was ever really in love with him. The moment the two of them decided to break off the engagement was the moment I thought they both grew up. A'Yao even sounded like he was ready to be a husband. Before the two of them were just fooling around like a couple of playmates. This was a test and they passed. The two of them became adults at that moment because they understood what it is that distinguishes adults from children. Adults understand that you can't have everything you want go your way. This is why I've always said that Ling Buyi is the adult of the room because his entire life is about service to others. Even his revenge. Why should he have to sacrifice everything while Niaoniao and A'Yao who are babes in the wood get to have everything go their way? For me this is the moral of this arc. It has nothing to do with being lucky or unlucky but about character. Sooner or later, everyone has to stand at the crossroads and make that life-changing choice. 

More than a romance this is a coming of age story. All these spoilt brats who haven't had to think too much about where their next meal will come from finally realise that there's more at stake than their personal happiness. When you think about how an entire family was sacrificed for a city what is your little romance? Where are your petty grievances?

This was the first time I saw them both talk to each other a lot more deeply and Niaoniao looked like the older sister telling the younger brother what he should be doing.

@40somethingahjumma& @abs-oluteMI cried watching CSS-LY talk. It felt like the rose tinted glasses of dreams were shattered by the reality. And whatever we may say about their suitability for each other, truth of the matter is that they do love each other even if not romantic. They had dreams to live a life together which have been snatched from them through no fault of their own. CSS is the leader of their team & so she had to be the one to realise their impossibility & make LY understand & accept it. 

I loved that CSS has no ill will towards HJZ unless she bullies LY again. She doesn't want LY to be stuck in a hellish relationship so advices him to be sincere towards HJZ & guide her. LY-CSS arc was truly meant to be a coming of age story. I love their friendship.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

I feel so sorry for Lou Yao since I am never a fan of sacrificing my own happiness for the greater good. Not that I don't understand the seriousness of the matter and all those reasonings Shao Shang stated (there were more descriptions in the novel and I was crying reading it too). For me, I do think Shao Shang was a better partner for him. He really did become a more confident person when he's with Shao Shang. He has dreams and goals but with He Zhao Jun, he never felt like he could achieve anything.

I think I'm going to stop reading the novel now because I can see the drama has deviated a lot from the novel from the new episodes and MV released. I was shocked to see Mama Cheng and Shao Shang slapping the Lou's mother & daughter since they never did that in the book. Another difference is... Shao Shang breaks her engagement in the morning, and on that same day Ling Bu Yi requested Shao Shang's hand in marriage in the afternoon.

Also, I don't think the Ling Bu Yi in the drama will act the same as the Ling Bu Yi in the novel after their engagement. He was getting angry a lot in the book at Shao Shang. Some of them even I was like, "Huh????" Mainly I think it's because he thought their first meet was at the Yuan Xiao festival and after a couple more meetings later he thought Shao Shang likes him so he gets frustrated when Shao Shang doesn't "care" about him enough. But in the drama, this is played out differently and I don't believe Shao Shang gave him the wrong idea. And I also hope the drama takes out most of the scenes where Shao Shang gets involved in the palace politics.

And I agree with you all, the scene where he killed Yong Wang was really well-acted by Wu Lei. Except I thought it would have been a more painful if he lets his enemy suffer. Death is an easy way out.

008jfg7tly1h4ds5fhsn2j31hc0u0gr7.jpg
008jfg7tly1h4ds5fylrqj31hc0u0tgw.jpg

@Tofu Keep the gifs coming 😍

• Like 4