Love Like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂 [2022]

Tofu

The Captain of LingCheng's Ship is doing everything he could to makes the ship sails....:PsyWhat: Btw, I wonder how much power and influence our sexy General Ling held that he can scolded some older aristocrat and refused the visit of a prince and his uncle. Not to mentioned to rebuked those aristocrat young ladies to their faces in his parlor in front of The Crown Prince himself....:GengarCool:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

The mother never learned that every single time she tried to guides her daughter in the right path (right according to her standards), she is pushing her daughter farther from that path.

The main reason she accepted his proposal is because of his statement that shows how well he knows her and willing to accept all of her shortcomings, total opposite of her own mother.

Add.

Btw, I also love how there's none of the usual harem squabbles between Wang Hou and Wang Fei. They even ostracized their spoiled progeny who dare to suggest such atrocity.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

I just love this drama! Definitely doesn’t disappoint.
 CSS mother is just too much for me. it’s hard watching her  put down CSS in front of His Majesty and everyone in the room 

I truly love LBY.

LBY is the man! He don’t play.

Donot mess with his woman.  
Loving his Alpha vibe.

my favorite  comment in ep24 is

Madam Cheng, d o n o t  interrupt me

favorite scene is the confession from LBY :wow:

Edited by Mizv
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

Started this one yesterday and it's so good that I immediately got hooked and binged all 24 available episodes. Gah! I am crushing hard on Leo Wu in this one. First time seeing him in a drama and I think he's perfectly cast here as Ling Buyi. The scene where he proposes in front of everyone was seriously so good. I also cannot wait until SS falls for him. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

Zisheng's monologue about Niaoniao is beautifully formulated and a reaffirmation of what he said in a much earlier episode about not wanting to marry the spoilt jun zhu, the commandery princess and only marrying the one woman of his choice.

非她不娶 -- LIterally: If it isn't her, I won't marry. Or I won't marry anyone but her. The use of the negatives in this statement is interesting. It's emphatically defiant and almost a declaration of war. He's thrown down the gauntlet to those who are even considering opposing this or try to manipulate things to make him change his mind. 

It's definitely a dig at Mum for berating Niaoniao in public because he knows full well that she did it to give Niaoniao an exit strategy. It's also his way of telling the young women who were listening in that there's nothing they can do to stop him from marrying Niaoniao. None of their tricks are going to work on him.

What was equally suggestive was his utter delight at finding out that Niaoniao has a far higher view of him than he knew.

Zisheng is a lot wiser than people give him credit for. He knows that the genteel girls that have been eyeing him all their lives aren't really the kind of wife he needs. They're petty and catty. Their thoughts are limited. A woman who goes alongside him must be much more than that. How many of them are thinking about how pagodas are built? Or how to improve the lot of the commoners. They are consumed with their own comforts. What he's implying is that an extraordinary man needs an extraordinary woman. Or vice versa.  His "of course" is startling to everyone. Her so-called imperfections to others can be strengths in his journey.

The palpable relief in His Majesty's demeanour on this occasion was hilarious.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 8

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

9 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

This scene!!! :pandablush:

where can I find a man like zisheng???????:KittyGun:

10 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

The Captain of LingCheng's Ship is doing everything he could to makes the ship sails....:PsyWhat: Btw, I wonder how much power and influence our sexy General Ling held that he can scolded some older aristocrat and refused the visit of a prince and his uncle. Not to mentioned to rebuked those aristocrat young ladies to their faces in his parlor in front of The Crown Prince himself....:GengarCool:

Ikr...he seems like didn't afraid with anybody :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I understand where Shao Shang's mom is coming from, but I don't agreed with the way she did it. Seeing how laid-back this emperor is, I'm sure they could have asked him for some time to think about the proposal. She did not have to humiliated Shao Shang in front of everyone, especially the girls who bullies her for the same reasons. 

Ling Buyi's declaration of love. :heart: 

LLTG-65-T.gif

Pure. Courageous. Love. Hate. 

I can't believe we are already on episode 24. Only three more episodes left until the end of part one. :letalQQ:

@Mouse Yay! You're watching too! Wu Lei amazing! I'm glad he's stealing your heart too. ❤️

LLTG-51.gif

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 2
  • Heart Eyes 4

@Mouse

Darling!!! Fancy seeing you here!! Muach muach muah.....:PsyWhat:

@Tofu

As a mother myself, Niao2's mother's way is the worst way possible in raising a child. She loves her child for sure but showing favoritism to other deliberately in words and actions to provoke her own child and belittled her own teenage daughter in the full view of young aristocrat gentlemen and ladies (especially the ladies who have been bullying and trampling on her daughter since forever) are despicable.

I don't think Niao2 should reconciles with her mother. Her Third Aunt and The Empress can see her advantage as a person and love her unconditionally while her own mother is the stark contrast of them. She is an unfit mother.

Darn!! Baby WuLei is choked full with muscle and very strong. He flipped Lusi like flipping a pancake...

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
1 hour ago, OsmanthusTea said:

@Mouse

Darling!!! Fancy seeing you here!! Muach muach muah.....:PsyWhat:

@Tofu

As a mother myself, Niao2's mother's way is the worst way possible in raising a child. She loves her child for sure but showing favoritism to other deliberately in words and actions to provoke her own child and belittled her own teenage daughter in the full view of young aristocrat gentlemen and ladies (especially the ladies who have been bullying and trampling on her daughter since forever) are despicable.

I don't think Niao2 should reconciles with her mother. Her Third Aunt and The Empress can see her advantage as a person and love her unconditionally while her own mother is the stark contrast of them. She is an unfit mother.

Darn!! Baby WuLei is choked full with muscle and very strong. He flipped Lusi like flipping a pancake...

flipping pancake??? lmaooo...

I remembered Dilraba interview, she said the only male actor can carry her is wu lei.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Party! 1

Was the above YouTube clip the BTS? I could not see that... so please excuse me if it is repost, but I know some people can't view this YT channel too. @Tofu Hahaha I like this BTS. Him struggling to put her shoes on. Ha.

That was definitely a manly princess carry! He seems to have more strength than YY in carrying girls :laugh: (sorry, YY).

BTS

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
7 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

@mademoiselle

Yes, I posted the BTS of the scene where he saves her from the Bully Princes. I can't see your YT video too.

Ah yes, it's the same then. Some can't see that YT channel I posted, I hope the others who can't see this one can see yours so everyone is covered. Haha!

@Tofu So much for watching it slowly for us, hey? Hahahahaha! I was thinking to myself "I have two more episodes from last night..." only to realise I got all my timing wrong xD I guess I'll just obediently go and catch up on ALL my kdramas from Mon-Thu which I ignored for this drama (and its novel). 😅

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Re-watching episodes again.  when CSS father left her alone at Ling Manor.  I felt small sense of abandonment by CSS. even though CSS father is likable person,  I couldn’t help feel disappointed in him.

YBL using the banquet to purpose put everyone on their toes and forced to behave appropriately was smart. Really enjoy this scene because there are multiple emotions being conveyed in the room.

His Majesty- Let’s Do it!

Madam Cheng- WTH 

Marquis Cheng - dumbfounded thinking I have to obey but my wife is going to kick my butt if I do. 

Princesses-Omg No!!

Madam Cheng speaking so negative about her own daughter was so so so heartbreaking.  This has already been said so many times because it’s hard to swallow. The incident drew the line in the sand.  Their relationship is unrepairable.

The Empress didn’t even say anything but you can feel her heart wrench seeing the hurt of CSS. Madam Cheng will pay the price for this emotionally in the future when CSS forms an strong bond with Empress in future.

Edited by Mizv
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 4

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

Here you go! With English subs. :LarvitarSDab1:

@Tofu Thanks for sharing the eng sub mv😊. The lyrics of the song are beautiful 😍. Hopefully they share this version on YT as well. 

Just completed the last epi & the only emotion that I am feeling is overwhelming sadness for CSS. Gosh this little girl got trampled so brutally by her own parents. It was like a train wreck that I couldn't look away from. 

I do not care if her mother loves her in her twisted mind. She is one of the worst parent I have had the misfortune to see on screen. She & her motherly feelings can take a hike in the Mariana trench for all I care. I do not blame CSS wanting to separate from her family at the earliest. Her father needs to step up big time to protect his child from his wife. Loving someone doesn't mean that you get the right to decimate them. 

I have cursed her millions of times in my mind.

I do not believe her when she says that she only refuses because of the politics of LBY household because she will gladly marry off her precious YY in the same. As if that cowering girl can stand up for herself even at home. This proves that it is only how the society sees the Cheng family that bothers her. She literally takes away CSS's humanity when she tries to "protect" her. I don't think I will shed tears even if she dies saving CSS. She has reduced CSS to nothing- die you cow. She has sympathy & empathy for all other girls in the world except for her own as if being raised by her grandma & sister in law has tainted her. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 4
2 hours ago, Lodestar said:

Just completed the last epi & the only emotion that I am feeling is overwhelming sadness for CSS. Gosh this little girl got trampled so brutally by her own parents. It was like a train wreck that I couldn't look away from. 

It was painful...

That said episode 23 was comedy gold when she entered the palace for the 1st time :laugh:

Spoiler

I think this is what I love about SS...yes, she can be mischievous and quick witted when the need arises, but she also has this childlike simplicity and candidness to her character which are some of the qualities that LBY loves about her. I thought alot about whether the occasion was the right place for LBY to ask for her hand but like what @40somethingahjumma said LBY is a wise man , and this was a most strategic decision. He knew that refusal by her folks would be a lot harder and he wanted to make it clear to all suitors and admirers ( hers and his) that this is the girl that has his heart.

SS hasn't fallen for him yet. She said yes, partially because it would be a way to protect her father's position. Was it an act of defiance? Perhaps. The mother's words may have revived the determination she had earlier to be free of the mother's discipline. But I do think it was not difficult to agree to it because she could see the sort of man LBY is. He's clearly left an impression

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM Yes epi 23 was really funny with CSS 1st visiting LBY's manor & then the palace. 

I loved all of the interactions between the emperor, empress & CSS. CSS is adorable in her candidness & curiosity. It was as if the emperor & empress were seeing live why LBY would fall for the adorable ball of sunshine that is CSS & were in complete agreement of his choice of life partner.

I love how the drama takes efforts to show CSS's continued passion for architecture & engineering. It is not a gimmick to make CSS special, it is an intrinsic part of her. Her enthusiasm about learning the foundational structures of various buildings is so good to see. 

CSS definitely has not agreed to the marriage because of love. But from her comments about LBY it is clear that she holds him in high regard. LBY also is under no delusion about her acceptance but he was pleasant surprised to know that she has admiration for him. 

LBY hurried to propose the marriage because he saw her mistreatment 1st hand, the emperor, CSS's parents & nobility were present. Plus he saw others had interest in her- be it the loser YS or the fifth prince. He will not make the same mistake twice & tried to secure her hand before anyone else could. He also knows that CSS's main motivation for marriage is independence from her family. 

But from the previews it looks like many people are going to try their best to break the betrothal. All the best to them because LBY will just steamroll them.

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 4
10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh yes for all you thirsty Wu Lei lovers ahahaha ( me included )

Because I talk to fluffho regularly, I died laughing seeing that she was the one who posted this video.  :lmao2:

Hopefully, someone does a video of Ashile Sun and Ling Buyi together. I love these two so much. :heart:

Translation of their interviews.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1