Love Like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂 [2022]

Tofu

About CSS and XYY from the writing perspective I think what happens in ep 24 this is a clean break for her and her mother. So CSS can move forward when she finally gets close with the empress. 

The mother has an ideal vision on what a daughter should be, and when CSS doesn’t conform, it never sits right with her, and constantly lashing on her because she doesn't fit her ideals. 

Plus, in a sense, they’re practically strangers, before forced to call themselves parent and child because of blood relation.

In the end i don’t think the mother is a bad person, its just CSS and her operates like oil and water, and she is not the right mother that can sympathize with their child.

CSS lacks love and care, if people are good to her, she will be even better to them. It actually feels so heartbreaking for me that one of the first thing she does to people that are kind to her are to give them things, sharing her toys with her brother, sharing her food with Aunt Ge, because those are the things that she cherish.. and also constantly denied. Food is important for her. 

When the show was just airing my friend ask me if I was going to watch this.. I said Yes,, but I hope the show won't wash white the mother. Because altho the novel was based on transmigration novel, and the FL is actually not the real CSS, but the neglect was real.. and due to the parent's neglect (despite the circumstances) the real CSS already died long ago. The drama making it more real because this is the real CSS facing the parent's neglect.. 

The healthiest way (for me) its better to just be truthful just like CSS is doing and do a clean break. Blood relationship does not mean you're a family... and CSS has learned about this the hard way after constantly getting disappointed with Cheng family.

• Like 6
  • Clapping Hands 2

Ps: I'm not saying only the mother.. but also the father. Tbh even when he says things to help CSS, he always defers back to his wife, and maybe he's being understanding the his wife, but why can't he also be understanding to his daughter too? Why always hide behind your wife...

That's why.. I say.. the problem is not just the mother but also the father. 

It would have been different if CSS is raised with care, she would be able to understand the parents intention, but she wasn't .. they're a stranger to her.. and to them.. aside from blood relationship.. she's also a stranger. The fact they cannot talk well is already enough to show that the bridges between them are frail.. the more they push, the more frustrated and stubborn CSS will be. Its very unhealthy and sad.

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 2

@Lynne I completely agree with you about CSS needing to separate from her parents. They are strangers trying to be a family. The people who accept you for who you are with all your faults are generally the parents because they have nurtured you & have an intrinsic understanding of you. CSS & her parents have missed these critical bonding years.

It takes much more effort from both sides when you are at such a disadvantage. CSS was ready to make the effort but her mom has been just cruel to her from the 1st meeting. Instead of trying to understand her actions she just made judgements & punished her. It is as if she punishes CSS as a form of punishing the actual abusers ie grandma & aunt. She cannot separate CSS from them. I cannot understand how guilt would transform into punishment for CSS alone. 

CSS father though indulgent but he does not have her back & CSS knows it. She cannot trust him as well because he will always defer to her mother. Instead of firmly opposing his wife when she is in the wrong, he only tries to placate the situation. 

CSS finds it easy to bond with her brothers because even if strangers they are of similar age & it is almost like making friends. They all are in one category while her parents are in the separate group of elders. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

@Lodestar strangers trying to be a family is definitely the right word to describe the situation... sigh...

---

Outside of the drama.. I'm again reminded with the conversation i had with my friend a few weeks ago.. watching CSS's story.. makes me feel grateful.. because i have a family.. who also cares.. not everyone has this luxury.. even having a complete family doesn't mean that you will get care...  

it has since proven true....  I've read numerous post about the viewers talking of their family issues.. its life.. no matter good or bad... its life.. we have to accept and move on... 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Yana said:
is this official??😭😭😭😭😭😭

I don't know if it's official, but I wouldn't be surprised. Lei Lei and Lusi finished their dubbing recently.

The rumor is The Longest Promise (Xiao Zhan and Ren Min) was supposed to air this month, but the drama couldn't get their distribution license so it didn't air. Love Like the Galaxy S1 got pushed up even though they haven't completed editing S2. Supposedly, The Longest Promise will air in August to fill the gap between the two parts of Love Like the Galaxy. Again, all rumors so take it with a grain of salt. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
On 7/23/2022 at 2:32 PM, Lynne said:

About CSS and XYY from the writing perspective I think what happens in ep 24 this is a clean break for her and her mother. So CSS can move forward when she finally gets close with the empress. 

The mother has an ideal vision on what a daughter should be, and when CSS doesn’t conform, it never sits right with her, and constantly lashing on her because she doesn't fit her ideals. 

Plus, in a sense, they’re practically strangers, before forced to call themselves parent and child because of blood relation.

In the end i don’t think the mother is a bad person, its just CSS and her operates like oil and water, and she is not the right mother that can sympathize with their child.

yes i get you totally....she wasnt that bad...when she can actually slap the woman for breaking the engagement just like that ...and how both mother and daughter fight sides by sides...that was a moment i felt they are indeed mother and daughter...

actually if we steps asides and void the emotions CSS is making us feel...

CSS is a replica to her very own mother....there this thing we always believe...when 2 person is too alike they tends to argue alot....because both is as strong headed and dont like to be tailor made into the mold someone prepare for themselves...

i get it the mother intention are good...however that not how you do it to your child either....

• Like 6

2 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

i get it the mother intention are good...however that not how you do it to your child either....

CSS has been shown to have both parents characteristic.. but she's not raised by them.. and sadly they view her first by her mistakes and the people who raised her; ie Second aunt...

While saying this, I do think the mother has a lot of guilty feeling towards CSS, but her reflections always comes a step too late, and she bounced back to her ego and justifications afterward. It doesn't help that they operates like water and oil.. similar.. but not exactly the same... she's not a bad person.. just not the mother that's suitable for CSS, so as much as she questions CSS motives, CSS will also questions her motives. 

Sadly.. this is not uncommon...  just yesterday.. a friend tell me.. that CSS's experienced reminder her of how her friend's relationship with her mother.. she was raised by her grandmother.. because the parent have to work overseas.. and when they come back years later.. they always have problems communicating... 

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 1