Love Like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂 [2022]

Tofu

1 hour ago, Mizv said:

I believe This scene is fake punishment to get CSS to realize she cares about LBY.  Everyone else can see it but herself. 

You think so? It look like it really hurt Zisheng but it would be interesting if it were indeed fake. :laugh:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

3 hours ago, Mouse said:

You think so? It look like it really hurt Zisheng but it would be interesting if it were indeed fake. :laugh:

Read it in book spoilers. LBY was mad at CSS, and he got the emperor to cane him to get CSS to see that her actions can lead to him being punished. CSS realized she needed to be good to LBY from that point onwards. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

14 hours ago, Chocolate said:

@OsmanthusTea

Hide contents

Why did Marquis CY kill General Huo?

Does the Emperor know that ZS's father is General Huo?

He was in cahoot with the enemy. He and Yong Wang (the one Zisheng killed) exchanged the weapons with bad ones. General Huo was in his study with Ling Yi (Marquis CY) and he was killed in there with Zisheng witnessing the whole thing. By the time Zisheng got out of hiding everyone had been killed except Huo Jun Hua, his aunt. Zisheng is about the same age as the real Bu Yi so aunt and him went into hiding to make sure that he grows up a bit so that Ling Yi won't recognise him and thinks Zisheng is his real son.

The Emperor doesn't know because Huo Jun Hua, as Consort Yue has told us, nearly got her killed (and was a spoilt bratty liar back in her young days) that no one trust her. Emperor himself said so he will never believe her, and she has no proof.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
48 minutes ago, Mizv said:

Read it in book spoilers. LBY was mad at CSS, and he got the emperor to cane him to get CSS to see that her actions can lead to him being punished. CSS realized she needed to be good to LBY from that point onwards. 

I'm glad he wasn't really being punished. Now I can't wait to see it!:laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Party! 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

14 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@NiteWalker Are you talking about those frozen ones or the "special" healthy meals that you join a program and they will send you the meals to your door? I've colleagues who go to the gym and are on special diets and none of their food look delicious for me. And I'm really not into the idea of "weighing" everything I eat. Plus, it's really not accurate to weight calories because everyone's body is different. I guess I'm like Shao Shang... I eat what I want, when I want :laugh:. I will also have a big fight with Ling Bu Yi if he tries to stop me from eating yummy food. That said, I'm not a sweet tooth or a snack person so that's where I can cut down on calories.

hahaha i didnt join that...one...i tried the other one....the liquid diet for the whole full week, you just need to bought a set of it...and they stated the in a template what you should eat....and what are those liquid for....

i did ate those healthy meal though....however we didnt do it daily we just did it occasionally at the office as we're too lazy to go out for food and since they will deliver it us to our office door lols

back to the drama i really like how they start to look at each other...it was no longer LBY looking longingly at SS and SS looking at LBY warily 

Cr: @mademoiselle

4767f5e0248e6c5ac9a81723c2acc643d1a08965

• Like 8
17 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

@NiteWalker i was about to say that I do that pretty often too, boil vege and throw in some protein. When I am lazy I don't bother to put any sauce...if it's fresh it tastes alright. And it trains our palate to be able to savour the actual taste of the food minus whatever sauces we add to spice it up. But I don't prefer chicken breast, a bit too dry unless it's done absolutely right.

i take capsicum most of the times if im too lazy to eat lols

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Mizv said:

I had a feeling that was the case (because of the way the Emperor said that her actions had consequences and I thought initially this was the scene where he LBY had massacred a family, but now it looks like that isn't the case, so I doubt the Emperor would bear to hit him like this). But then again, I had been making predictions about another drama with ZLS and YY and they didn't quite come true; I reckon I got ahead of myself, LOL, so I didn't quite dare to be too presumptious with this drama.

@NiteWalker I get bloated eating capsicum, so it doesn't work for me.

@mademoiselle that being the case is the aunt really, really 

Spoiler

insane? or is she faking it?

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 8

@IpohBanana

Spoiler

She was faking it at first. It wasn't really confirmed if she eventually got crazy.

But she was the only living witness left and she died from sickness and Zisheng couldn't find any other evidence (Ling Yi made sure he kill or remove any while Zisheng was investigating) so Zisheng got anxious and decided to round them all up and kill them.

Another reason is also Zisheng couldn't wait any longer. After a death of a family, you either have to marry immediately within a short period of time or wait 3 years. Zisheng wanted to decrease the killing rate down to minimal so if he waited another 3 years, there will be more Ling family members he had to eliminate.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@mademoiselle 

Spoiler

After a death of a family, you either have to marry immediately within a short period of time or wait 3 years. Zisheng wanted to decrease the killing rate down to minimal so if he waited another 3 years, there will be more Ling family members he had to eliminate.

>>> i don't quite get you here because the first sentence is about marrying and the second is about killing. You mean he wanted to kill everyone and then get married quickly?

Btw, when the Emperor sent him into exile, it wasn't so much out of anger but to protect him from any (if any) vengeful or infuriated court officials? And the Emperor had to mete out some form of punishment, he couldn't just let LBY get away with murdering an entire family right?

• Like 7
2 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

I had a feeling that was the case (because of the way the Emperor said that her actions had consequences and I thought initially this was the scene where he LBY had massacred a family, but now it looks like that isn't the case, so I doubt the Emperor would bear to hit him like this). But then again, I had been making predictions about another drama with ZLS and YY and they didn't quite come true; I reckon I got ahead of myself, LOL, so I didn't quite dare to be too presumptious with this drama.

actually i saw a preview in the Weibo citied what the emperor said to CSS as they were watching LBY being cane from the fort...

"I hit him for you, remember....the hit he took today is for you"

that was the last thing the emperor said to CSS

• Like 7
5 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

@mademoiselle 

Hide contents

After a death of a family, you either have to marry immediately within a short period of time or wait 3 years. Zisheng wanted to decrease the killing rate down to minimal so if he waited another 3 years, there will be more Ling family members he had to eliminate.

>>> i don't quite get you here because the first sentence is about marrying and the second is about killing. You mean he wanted to kill everyone and then get married quickly?

Btw, when the Emperor sent him into exile, it wasn't so much out of anger but to protect him from any (if any) vengeful or infuriated court officials? And the Emperor had to mete out some form of punishment, he couldn't just let LBY get away with murdering an entire family right?

Sorry, was typing with phone at work.

During a family death, the culture is you either marry within the first 100 days of the death or you can only marry after 3 years (it's the total number of years for direct family member to mourn for the death).

Zisheng was never going to marry anyone if he didn't complete his revenge. He decided to take action on SS was because he thought he was closed to gathering evidence against Ling Yi and SS was just too popular (LOL).

But when aunt died and he couldn't find the evidence, he became anxious. He wanted to revenge (it is a sin to massacre your father & own family) before marrying SS, because then she can be excused from his sin. As you guys know, back then one family member commit a crime could lead to death of direct family and relatives as well.

So he decided to ditch his wedding with SS that was gonna happen within this 100 days and kill Ling Yi first. Because if he doesn't kill Ling Yi et al soon, this family will reproduce and Zisheng will have to kill more lives afterwards.

Obviously he has hoped that once he got out of this, he would still be able to be happy with SS, and marries her after mourning for 3 years.

Hope this clarifies? Let me know if it doesn't.

4 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

So ZiSheng's spanking in the hall is only a plot within a plot  :GrimChamp: Such a fun Emperor who is so dedicated as a captain of Ling-Cheng Ship and goes all out at any cost to makes his ship sails.....:GengarCool:

Let me get off work later & I will share the full story 😆. Zisheng was pretty extreme and crazy about this so the spanking was a hit 2 birds with 1 stone tactic. Both he and Emperor were super super sneaky.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Party! 1

I think at first Zisheng had no idea if he would be able to get out of this after the killing, so he bid farewell to her and fell off the cliff.

The 3rd prince was desperate to save him. But not the officials. They want to let him die down there. The Emperor was undecided

SS, even though was hurt and betrayed, figured everything out and helped prove he is the son of General Huo via the Emperor's memory of Zisheng (a birthmark - Not sure if this will be used in the drama).

So obviously this is the ticket for Zisheng to be spared. Emperor immediately ordered Zisheng to be saved. He was then sent away as a punishment (on the surface, a show for the officials) but no one took it seriously except Zisheng. 😅 And he was willing to let SS go at the time and wish her happy. He was willing to just remain in the background protecting her (feeeeels). He even looked into Yuan Sheng and think he's the best candidate for SS so he killed someone to keep the Yuan family out of trouble (again, not sure if this would be included in drama).

5 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Because he kept everything from SS after constantly preaching to her about not sharing her problem to him??

Yes! He kept the darkest secret to himself and didn't share it with her and he is so scary as well that many things he did before was all part of his plans...

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 7
7 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Yes! He kept the darkest secret to himself and didn't share it with her and he is so scary as well that many things he did before was all part of his plans...

WuLei said in the interview that ZiSheng is a ruthless and dark person. From the drama so far, it's obvious that he is cunning and calculating person. He won't hesitates to use any means scrupulous or not in order to achieve his goals. He is often borrowing another people's hands too. It's just that because he is handsome and macho plus romantic so we are looking at him with our rose tinted eyeglasses....:PsyWhat: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
6 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

So ZiSheng's spanking in the hall is only a plot within a plot  :GrimChamp: Such a fun Emperor who is so dedicated as a captain of Ling-Cheng Ship and goes all out at any cost to makes his ship sails.....

*Spoiler* - this one is long and not sure if the drama will include all the juicy bits.

This part of the "story" needs to trace back to the time where Shao Shang found out Zi Sheng planted a spy on her. He made compromise (remove the spy) by convincing the Emperor to make her stay in the palace 24/7 (instead of able to go home). He didn't tell the Emperor directly they had a fight but the Emperor knew and acted dumb. Since then they were having cold war. Then Shao Shang was made to prepare for the Empress' birthday banquet.

**TMI **

Spoiler

The two lovebirds talk about a gift for the Empress and Shao Shang grumbles that because of him, she couldn't go out and prepare a gift. Zi Sheng tells her he has prepared one. She also tells him it's fine, she had one prepared too and it's a piece written by her 3rd uncle and aunt which she'll perform solo with her flute. Zi Sheng pointed out if it's composed by her uncle/aunt, wouldn't that mean it's a duet between the end-blown flute (Xiao) and Guzheng? He asks Shao Shang, what if the Emperor question her why she's performing solo when this is meant to be a duet? Shao Shang was all, "???" when he tells her "I know how to play Guzheng". Our boy then got pissed and walked off! But Shao Shang didn't know! 🙄🙄🙄 Seriously, Zi Sheng got pissed a lot in the novel. Poor Shao Shang. How would she know if he never told her, right?

For the banquet, the 5th princess' gift was a dancing performance, so she brought 7-8 girls into the palace and they stayed at Consort Yue's lodging. These girls (minus 5th princess) push Shao Shang into the lake; threw stones at her. Shao Shang was able to swim so she just got out from the other side of the lake. 5th prince was a witness but he didn't do anything since Shao Shang was fine. Shao Shang decided to endure and take her revenge after the banquet.

**Note: During the banquet, the lovebirds actually made up. Shao Shang got drunk and mesmerised by Zi Sheng's beauty when playing the Guzheng. Instead of kissing his lips, she planted it on his adam's apple. Then Zi Sheng kisses her back on the lips, publicly!

She planted a trap whereby a bucket of poop water will splash onto the girls when they come out of their lodging. That very same day, one of the perfoming girls was found dead. 5th princess tried to pin it on Shao Shang. That's when Zi Sheng found out Shao Shang fell into the lake.

Shao Shang thought it's no big deal, she could handle it but he got REALLY angry and asked, "WHO AM I TO YOU?".

He storms off with 5th prince, who stupidly raise his hands saying he knows who those girls were. Zi Sheng started gathering information on the girls' families and location. He visits the ones who lives nearby and beat up the father and son(s) - making sure he breaks an arm and a leg. The ones that lives further away, he sends them invitation to come to his place, then break their limbs. The last girl's father was the one that got him in trouble because he storms into the Censorate and beat him up in front of other government officials. Long story short, the "proper" punishment was exile but obviously the Emperor is biased and wouldn't allow this so he changed it to spanking 50 times.

The hit two birds with one stone plan: Spanking Zi Sheng would appropriately shut the government officials up (hey, he's been punished and he knows he's wrong) and to act as a catalyst for Shao Shang and Zi Sheng to make up. 😂 The Emperor made sure that the spanking doesn't really hurt but will see blood to soften her up. Zi Sheng was not in on the scheme but once he got beaten a few times, he noticed he's not in much pain. Shao Shang was crying so badly and hugging him so he pretended weak and faint on her, ahem.:smug:

5 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

WuLei said in the interview that ZiSheng is a ruthless and dark person. From the drama so far, it's obvious that he is cunning and calculating person. He won't hesitates to use any means scrupulous or not in order to achieve his goals. He is often borrowing another people's hands too. It's just that because he is handsome and macho plus romantic so we are looking at him with our rose tinted eyeglasses....:PsyWhat: 

Yeah. I was literally looking like this :PsyWhat: when everything got revealed! But because of this, it made the story 100% a lot more interesting than all other political play I've seen in any dramas. I just hope the drama will do the novel justice in this part. Ling Bu Yi is soooo good at "playing chess" and scheming for the bigger picture, which is very scary. Imagine yourself spending your lifetime with someone like this. You wouldn't even know when you are dead, if this person really wanted you dead!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1

@mademoiselle

Tbh, I have to say both SS and ZS are ruthless cum brazen when it comes to revenge. It's just that SS's ways aren't as refined as ZS due to her limited experience, resources and power. Just imagine that with such makeshift resources and power she was able to toppled down Third Princess and a bunch of aristocrat ladies, wouldn't she will be more formidable than ZS if she has his power and resources?

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

@OsmanthusTea Shao Shang is not as sneaky like Zi Sheng and Emperor. Shao Shang could only go as far as what's in front of her. But these two men are the type that can wait it out and scheme for the future.

That said, give it a few more years, Shao Shang will learn from Zi Sheng — which she already did within the time she spent with him, from listening to his stories (about his battle/war). She was able to plan/plant traps later on. Oh, but, in the novel it's also because the real Shao Shang is from the future and was a Science student. 😅

New still

FZOnL3GagAE4MaK?format=jpg&name=large

This production team is so stingy!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3