Superior Shaman Ga Doo Sim 우수무당 가두심 [2021]

@ktcjdrama No more kisses the fringe is back down again. :lol:

===

Episode 11-12

I'm confused too how Woo Soo's power suddenly increase. I had thought perhaps his power was borrowed by Grandma Myo Shim but it seems like he retained the power after she left too. So perhaps he originally already has this power and was awaken after meeting Doo Shim. However, I think it'd have been nice that this little part was better explained.

Anybody able to explain the function of the rope with talisman on?

My ears didn't hear wrong right? Doo Shim was spouting a lot of F bombs (18) in recent episodes except she said it very differently from what I'm used to.

Homework completed. Sweet and short. Not exactly how I'd preferred it because most of the time it takes a while for the characters to grow on me and in this instances, by the time I've warmed up to them, we've reached at the finale.

I sincerely hope to see Nam Da Reum officially headline his own drama soon. I'm also hoping the next one is a more in-depth story and not of supernatural genre. The 8th Night and this drama were supernatural. I've yet to find source for his movie The Sinkhole too. I think Kim Sae Ron already has something lined up... can't remember what.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

Episode 12

-Yay! Another drama completed. I didn't mind the short set up because there was less drag in the story. But I did wish there was more NDR and KSR, so if they want to make a season 2 because of how short this was, I would be keen :heart:

- Good to see all the arcs tie up cleanly. I think sometimes the angle they like to go for in Asian dramas is the bad guy dies only if the good person gets punished or they don't die but get some mild punishment - I have to say I was glad this went all the way (but in a dark humour not too horrifying way) because the principal really was such an evil coward in that he so easily traded off the student's lives to look better! :niu:

- I thought it was a little choppy that Il Nam didn't see his dad when he was a spirit, but could see him when laying in hospital, but I guess they wanted that nice reunion scene when he was confirmed to be alive :idk:

- I really liked that all the kids became close friends and that things like grades and the fear of death no longer stopped them from being friends :hearties:

- Finally, DS and WS were pretty adorable together. Haha, I did think for a moment they might go for a second kiss which would put Sell Your Haunted House to shame :laugh: But I was ok with the playfulness as well. And anyway WS's words still dripped honey. It's adorable that he liked DS that much that he already wants to stick by her forever...I think DS likes him as much, but she's just not as clingy. LOL. 

- I really liked this series and I'm so glad I picked this up :CharmanderYay::BulbaOWO:

21 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

The ending had me a little surprised. Woo Soo proposing that they should move in together after high school was unexpected.  But in some ways it was cute that he's decided to walk on the road less travelled. Given his small ability now of seeing the future , and after what he's gone through with Doo Shim, I cannot imagine him wanting a boring predictable life. Perhaps they could both become a ghost busting duo ? 

Actually yes, I forgot to mention this before, but I liked that he was thinking of living a more adventurous life. I mean, I get that being a doctor is a great career, but I think it's nice for an Asian show to also say that you can take a road less travelled, even if you're smart. Actually one of the reasons I liked this show is because I felt it was like a metaphor that grades are not everything and you really shouldn't have to die because of them...a kind of subtle way of de-pressurising grades. :heiboi:

20 hours ago, stroppyse said:

That was unexpected, but also cute as was WS' confession that he wants to be with DS. Given WS' mother, I can totally see DS having reservations about being in a relationship with WS, but it's also clear that she likes WS, possibly even as much as he likes her.

Haha I would also run for the hills if that woman was my mother in law! :laugh:

20 hours ago, stroppyse said:

If anything, since WS is the one with the predictive foresight, he has a power that DS doesn't. I totally agree that WS and DS could be a crime and evil spirit fighting duo!

I would love a ghost busting duoship for these two :BulbaOWO:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

11 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

My ears didn't hear wrong right? Doo Shim was spouting a lot of F bombs (18) in recent episodes except she said it very differently from what I'm used to.

Hahaha, was she? Or was it like when someone says 'Feck' instead of the real F word? :thinking:

11 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I think Kim Sae Ron already has something lined up... can't remember what.

Yes, Kim Sae Ron is already shooting a film. Something about basketball and a love triangle. I didn't recognise the other actors last time I looked. :thinking:

• Like 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 10/9/2021 at 7:49 AM, JenL said:

Something about basketball and a love triangle. I didn't recognise the other actors last time I looked.

I only know one of the male actors because he was in River Where the Moon Rises. He died in that drama so hopefully his fate in the movie is better. 

@NiteWalker I think they left it open ended because there are talks of a potential second season. 

I watched episode 11 and 12 on Friday. I thought they wrapped it up nicely. I would have wished to see HS reunite with his mom though. I'm also glad they didn't drag out the evil spirit's "death". 

• Like 3