Superior Shaman Ga Doo Sim 우수무당 가두심 [2021]

28 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I can't remember, was it mentioned if the students who died know what happened to them? 

Not sure if it's mentioned. But I feel like the reaction of HS shows that they know they weren't the ones who wanted to kill themselves. HS seems to know, but only because he lives with/ haunts DS? :thinking:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

17 hours ago, Tofu said:

I can't remember, was it mentioned if the students who died know what happened to them? 

They probably know. I want to say that they did show some of the students resisting being killed, so they would know that they didn't commit suicide. Having said that, who knows how much memory they actually have of things. HS forgot things after he became a ghost after all.

The question that I had, and I don't know if the drama is going to address this at all, is how the evil spirit got from DS' previous school to the current high school. I suppose the evil spirit was probably called to the high school by the principal? If so, that makes the principal a true monster since he's willing to have children die so that the school could claim only excellence.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

The question that I had, and I don't know if the drama is going to address this at all

I used to think this and then I remembered The Witch's Diner. They managed to wrap everything up in two episodes so maybe this drama will manage to find a way to do that too. Haha!

I hope that the drama doesn't just gloss over Hyun Soo's dream of finding his mom. That's a pretty big part of what's driving Hyun Soo to help Doo Shim and Woo Soo. 

Thanks for answering my question! I couldn't remember if they knew. I secretly hope the spirits can returned to their bodies, but that's pretty unrealistic (haha!) --- so I hope that all of them are able cross over. 

• Like 4
28 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I used to think this and then I remembered The Witch's Diner. They managed to wrap everything up in two episodes so maybe this drama will manage to find a way to do that too. Haha!

I hope that the drama doesn't just gloss over Hyun Soo's dream of finding his mom. That's a pretty big part of what's driving Hyun Soo to help Doo Shim and Woo Soo. 

Thanks for answering my question! I couldn't remember if they knew. I secretly hope the spirits can returned to their bodies, but that's pretty unrealistic (haha!) --- so I hope that all of them are able cross over. 

That's true. They saved most of the plot for the final episodes! :laugh:

I hope that HS gets to see his mom somehow before he goes over. I don't think it makes any sense of the story for the kids to come back to life, unless there is a time reset or something. I think being able to go over peacefully is about the best that we can hope for.

IR should be back, however, and I'm curious to see if he's changed in any way for having been possessed by HS, and then had his soul moved to a non-corporeal place.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

IR should be back, however, and I'm curious to see if he's changed in any way for having been possessed by HS, and then had his soul moved to a non-corporeal place.

I wonder if he'll remember his time as a spirit or if it'll feel more like a realistic dream to him? :thinking:

Do you think they will have Hyun Soo cross over or will they have him stay to help Doo Shim and Woo Soo? In some ways, I like seeing this trio fighting against the evil spirit. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

I wonder if he'll remember his time as a spirit or if it'll feel more like a realistic dream to him? :thinking:

Do you think they will have Hyun Soo cross over or will they have him stay to help Doo Shim and Woo Soo? In some ways, I like seeing this trio fighting against the evil spirit. 

Depends on if there is a season 2?

Actually, I think HS is going to cross over after seeing his mother. He's only been around sporadically as it is. There isn't really enough time to develop him further than they already have. Oh well.

It would be nice if he stayed though. Probably make WS jealous since HS can go to DS whenever he wants rather than having to face physical restrictions. :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just started watching this today. I must say I really admire you guys patience in watching the short episodes week by week. They’re like only around 15 minutes long! I already regretted starting before they finished airing 😅 

Anyway, I like that the evil spirit is in the form of dark smoke with fiery eyes. Kinda cool villain to fight against. Just wondering why it needs to be locked up in the basement when it can be contained in that small pouch, LOL... also, no one suspect a padlock covered with talisman in school? 😆

The romance is going rather fast, I thought. WS had bear-hugged DS 3 times! 😁 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

On 9/14/2021 at 5:12 PM, ktcjdrama said:

Just started watching this today. I must say I really admire you guys patience in watching the short episodes week by week. They’re like only around 15 minutes long! I already regretted starting before they finished airing

Oh no, we (well, I) have no patience for 20 mins long drama. In the beginning it was difficult. There were one week I decided not to watch and watch 2 episodes the next week.

---

[News] Kim Sae Ron, Nam Da Reum, And Yoo Seon Ho See Something That Makes Their Blood Run Cold In “The Great Shaman Ga Doo Shim”

Kakao TV’s “The Great Shaman Ga Doo Shim” has shared a suspenseful sneak peek of its next episode!

“The Great Shaman Ga Doo Shim” is a fantasy romance drama starring Kim Sae Ron as Ga Doo Shim, a teenager with supernatural abilities who just wants to be an ordinary high school student, but was born to the fate of becoming a shaman. Nam Da Reum stars as the school’s “golden boy” Na Woo Soo, who starts seeing ghosts after meeting Ga Doo Shim.

Spoilers

At the end of the last episode, Ga Doo Shim visited the basement alone and collapsed in distress. Na Woo Soo went to the basement and found his dead classmates with the lowest grades. Shockingly, he also came face-to-face with the soul of Ga Doo Shim.

The newly released stills show Ga Doo Shim, Na Woo Soo, and Hyun Soo (played by Yoo Seon Ho) witnessing something horrific at Song Yeong High.

Ga Doo Shim and Na Woo Soo, who are both brave and has already seen many frightening things, find something in the basement and flop onto the ground. Their expressions are filled with terror, leaving viewers to wonder what they had seen.

In addition, Hyun Soo is frozen in shock, and he appears flustered by what he has just witnessed. Hyun Soo is a ghost who has been around for ten years, so his surprised expression piques viewers’ curiosity about the horror before him.

The-Great-Shaman-Ga-Doo-Shim1.jpg

The producers of “The Great Shaman Ga Doo Shim” teased, “Strong-hearted Ga Doo Shim and brave Na Woo Soo face something frightening in the basement. Check out episode 9 to see what made even Hyun Soo tremble.”

The next episode of “The Great Shaman Ga Doo Shim” will air on September 17 at 8 p.m. KST.

source

New stills

• Like 4

Noooooo! Hyun Soo! :cry:  Also, what happens to IR now?

This drama really is best when it becomes a 2 hander with WS and DS.

Translation of the preview. Just text, since can't find a video of the preview. Btw, I think it's interesting that for only having 20 min episodes, it actually gives quite substantial previews.

DS: You and I are going to exchange our answer sheets.
WS: Teacher, I think that someone is cheating.
DS: Na Woo Soo, why are you interfering in someone else’s business.
WS: The test this time is important.
Principal: I’m giving you a chance, Student Ga Doo Shim.
SJ: What did you do to me? Did Doo Shim make you do it?
WS: If you’re that afraid of dying, then you should have studied harder.
Principal: Just wait a little longer. I’ll give you what you want.
Teacher: Grade manipulation shouldn’t be done.
Principal: Who is the greater teacher? Answer me, you scum!
DS: Keep this a secret from the other kids.  You do think that you can be absolutely in last place in the school, right?
WS: You’re not planning something without me, are you?
Teacher: Why are you in last place?!

It looks as if DS is trying to plan it so that she comes in last in the school in order to force the evil spirit to go after her. I wonder if WS also plans something as well in order to try to come in last?

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 1
On 9/14/2021 at 9:42 AM, Tofu said:

The Witch's Diner actually did such a good job with the ending given the limited time frame and all the events of the story. Hopefully Superior Shaman will also do well :heart:

Just started watching this today. I must say I really admire you guys patience in watching the short episodes week by week. They’re like only around 15 minutes long! I already regretted starting before they finished airing 😅 

Hahaha 1 episode per week is my specialty since I'm use to it from many years of also watching Taiwanese dramas. Gives you time to digest :laugh:

Just wondering why it needs to be locked up in the basement when it can be contained in that small pouch, LOL... also, no one suspect a padlock covered with talisman in school? 😆

Haha I think it's not the spirit in the basement, but the kids. The spirit seems to get locked up in the Principal's pouch! :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Episode 9

-This episode was also pretty action packed and kinda exciting now because DS and WS are getting closer to the final battle with the evil spirit and the principal :wow2: 

-But despite all the action, WS was still sweet as ever. He was so worried about DS's safety and I thought it was so cute that before they entered the basement, he made her promise to stick by him :heart:

- But also don't blame DS for teasing him and thinking he was scared :laugh: 

-I knew the teacher was going to be possessed. Why? Because he was no longer wearing his daggy clothes and was wearing all black and more formal clothes...according to drama logic, if this ever happens, it means that the person has turned evil :psweatduck:

-Noooo poor HS :letalQQ:I thought it was so sad that they asked for his help and then it ended up being his ending??? Surely it can't be the end for him. He hasn't found his mum yet! I thought that if the evil spirit found him, they would only force him to go back to school like the others...not kill him? :thinking:

-Poor WS' friend. It's so simple that he's hiding in a graveyard though! :JuiceGhost:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

WHOAAAAAAA :wow::wow::wow:

Thanks for these beautiful spoilers @mademoiselle

@abs-oluteM Much more romance in this than Sell Your Haunted House!

@SilverMoonTea Are you still watching this? Haha, you moved on from NDR toseveral others including RJY  :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, JenL said:

@abs-oluteM Much more romance in this than Sell Your Haunted House!

Pls don’t remind me :nervous:. We were given hope every week & nothing happened. LOL. 

@ktcjdrama @mademoiselle because I hv so many dramas relative to the free time available to watch them, that I am actually fine with the 20mins . At least I don’t struggle to keep up to date . 

• Like 6

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Wow! DS and WS kissed! And, actually, I liked the way the kiss scene progresses.

WS had asked DS earlier whether he could kiss her, but she had scoffed at him, basically saying did he really think she would let him.

Later on, after visiting IR's body in the hospital and promising his mother to save IR, DS determines that she is going to be last on the upcoming test so that the demon will come after her. So, after saying goodbye to WS to go home, she turns around and hugs him. WS seizes his opportunity and starts to ask for a kiss again, but DS kisses him before he could finish his sentence. Kissing him, she thinks to herself that this is her first kiss and it could possibly also be her last kiss, since she's not completely confident that she can win over the demon.

It's reminiscent of the old trope of men who go into combat wanting some love before they go to battle where they might die. Except, of course, in this case, DS really likes WS as well. Still, thinking that she might not be able to win over the demon and therefor being eternally damned, she loses her reserve to kiss him the way she wants to and the way he has been asking to.

And then to have WS have the same plan and thoughts as DS! And, so much more simply. Rather than exchanging answer sheets, etc., he just gave the wrong answers to the exam questions. Since he's the smartest kid in the class, he knows what the correct answers are, but chooses to answer them incorrectly. It's both sweet and a touch sad that their first kiss is shared under such circumstances.

So, the demon is going to go after him, and DS will have to figure out how to save him.

I still liked that they kissed and showed their feelings for each other, regardless of what compelled them to do so, and I fully expect WS and DS to defeat the demon, free the souls of their dead schoolmates, and bring IR's soul back to his body. And maybe share another kiss? Or at least hold hands.

I'm not sure about HS. I hope that his soul is also trapped and can be set free to see his mother again.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Oh well what do you know! Nam Da Reum is all grown up now! Woot ...is this his first screen "kiss"?

I was surprised since they are both high schoolers and I thought it may not be allowed on TV. Of course it was more a peck but I guess it is still way better than Daeabak Real Estate! LOL

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I'd like to know why becoming the class lowest score student, Woo Soo decided to change his hairstyle (and look even more handsome?) :laugh:

FAE2OLtVUAENxQI?format=jpg&name=large

cr: JoySara

Also Nam Da Reum's Omma posted her own son's kiss scene

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUOmqlQpTtx/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Based on putting her captions in Translation app, she didn't say much but saying she'll watch again & promoting the show. However actor Lee Ji Hoon responded "띠로리...."

What does that mean @stroppyse?

• Haha 4
32 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I'd like to know why becoming the class lowest score student, Woo Soo decided to change his hairstyle (and look even more handsome?) :laugh:

Aiiiya... it’s not because of scoring the lowest in school... it’s because of scoring a kiss!! And yes, I read somewhere that this is his first on screen kiss 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I was soooo happy! This series is sooooo cute...I cannot with NDR and KSR :BulbaOWO::heart::hearties:

Episode 10

- DS is so sweet to try to help out the girl at the bottom even though she was once a bully to her. :yayaya:

- But I did laugh when the girl said that it's hard to be at the bottom of the test ranks. Me: Um, if you don't fill in any answers, you get 0 marks and then you'll definitely be at the bottom? Am I missing something here? :thinking:

- WS is just such a dreamboat. I mean, he's smart, so I knew he would figure out what DS was going to do. But this is such a cute, healthy drama romance. Also, he made asking for consent look so smooth and playful....:cool: And whoaaa....so forward and brave :laugh:

- I feel sorry for the teacher...he's back to his dopey clothes and it seems like he's a good teacher trying to help out the underachieving students too....but man, the principal was so scary. He's truly one with the evil spirit :lettalKWA:

- I suppose it's because it's a short story, but this world is funny in that people almost instantaneously believe in evil spriits. But I'm surprised the teacher could see them too? :thinking:

- Kisssssssss!!!!! :heart::wow::CharmanderYay: It was so sweet. I mean the tension has been there the whole time, with both of them secretly planning on sacrificing themselves to help the bottom student. Although it was a peck, the whole sequence was actually done with so much feeling. I like that she ran back to hug him and then WS asked DS if he could kiss her again and she actually initated by pulling the strings of his hoodie. These high school kids are so smooth. :laugh:

- Also for a freeze kiss, it was pretty cute. I think they did a good job was making it look pretty in terms of expressions :BulbaOWO: Is this the first on-screen kiss for the both of them? No wonder they both looked shy when they talked about having to bond quickly in the interviews! :smug:

RrAZ1SN.png

- Funnily enough, this is one of the best kiss of all the supernatural romance dramas for this year imo :laugh: - The Witch's Diner was lovely, but didn't go down that path, Sell Your Haunted House had a good storyline, but didn't invest in the romance except to tease. And I guess there's Doom at your Service which did have a really good kiss...but while I had fun watching it, I didn't like it as much as I've liked the other 3 dramas (Yeh, oddly enough I enjoyed Sell Your Haunted House over Doom at Your Service. Although not to everyone's taste, like yours @stroppyse, I do think the story for SYHH was fun with it's sarcastic leads, and it taught you not to hold grudges, live life well etc through the darker side of human experiences. Also the story with main character and her mum was quite touching too. I feel it's a shame that these things got overlooked because people were so disappointed in the lack of romance, though I understand that feeling as well. :idk:

- Yeah I found it weird that DS didn't just skip a bunch of answers on the test or purposefully colour the wrong bubbles instead on work so hard to swap papers? :thinking: I knew WS wouldn't be so cold and had a plan, but now I have to worry for him :psweatduck: (though I saw him running in the trailers soooo...he'll be ok :smile:)

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Also Nam Da Reum's Omma posted her own son's kiss scene

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUOmqlQpTtx/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Based on putting her captions in Translation app, she didn't say much but saying she'll watch again & promoting the show. However actor Lee Ji Hoon responded "띠로리...."

What does that mean @stroppyse?

The mom's insta caption only says "Good things… they say that you should watch them at least once more. The two people who have determined how they feel! We are all satisfied."

However, I'm not sure what LJH's comment is supposed to mean and I couldn't see the comment itself to see if anything else was in the post to help shed a light. Sorry. My guess is that it would be a gentle tease of some kind.

• Like 4