The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

15 minutes ago, MorningDew said:

Who notice that our  Marquis looks proud of himself after breaking his own window? I think he is self praising himself for come up such antics to get close to his wifey hahaha.. 

I re-watch that scene and can’t help to think the cold Marquis actually looks funny, cute and full of mischief..

I think being in love probably make his older self surface. General Fu told Shiyi that the younger LingYi is full of laughter and alive..

Yes he looks like he is full of mischief like the young mam general fu descibe him to be. 

Out of sll the scene i love the soup feeding one.when shiyi says u r pretending.... That so sweet. The way he says for real. Haha... Like he got caught yet has no shame... So cheeky.  N she still feed him... Is thst a bg relationship d. Those actions aligned w stories of his childhood with wuye n how fu descibed him. Lively n active n enjoy life like rest other young men. Him n wuye prob get into trouble together. Because his father n 2nd bro were till alive n his brother was very capable. Actually that bit makes me sad. Good bit to give logic to why shiyi start to go soft on him. 

Edited by SnT
  • Haha 5
2 minutes ago, SnT said:

Yes he looks like he is full of mischief like the young mam general fu descibe him to be. 

Out of sll the scene i love the soup feeding one.when shiyi says u r pretending.... That so sweet. The way he says for real. Haha... Like he got caught yet has no shame... So cheeky.  N she still feed him... Is thst a bg relationship d. Those actions aligned w stories of his childhood with wuye n how fu descibed him. Lively n active n enjoy life like rest other young men. Him n wuye prob get into trouble together. Because his father n 2nd bro were till alive n his brother was very capable. Actually that bit makes me sad. Good bit to give logic to why shiyi start to go soft on him. 

it shows that even big guy like our HouYe love to be pamper too lols and somehow ShiYi is able to cover that part for him well and make him feel alive again

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

I think Shiyi’s mom’s death is related to the Ou family. 

I do wonder though why in the previews, the second lead looks like he gets a lashing. 

I love seeing Houye finally come to terms with his feelings and work toward getting close to Shiyi. Love that he even broke his window on purpose just so he can stay with her. And love that he held her hand and tried to kiss her when they were fixing the sheets together. It goes to show he’s now actively pursuing her. 

I am also glad that Madame Xu finally saw Qian for what she really was and that she finally sees Shiyi’s true nature and good qualities. It’s about time!!

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

Just now, OsmanthusTea said:

@NiteWalker

I binged 10 episodes in one sitting and love it but contemplating to stop until the angst pass....So if I am not mistaken, the angst will be this week??

hahaha yes it will happen this week it seems....so far we know that the 2nd separation will also happen this week which is the misunderstanding in between the OTP which is cause by the 2nd lead.....

however i wasnt feeling so bad for the 2nd separation as for the first which will be cause by them finding out of ShiYi working and giving embroidery class .... since QiaoNiang will digging into this the most..... hahaha

i dont have the preview for episode 29 & 30 as yet.....so i hope the separation will honestly be very short....

and welcome my dear in joining us!!!!!!!!! glad you took the dip with us hahaha despite the harem stories hahaha

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Mouse said:

I think Shiyi’s mom’s death is related to the Ou family. 

I do wonder though why in the previews, the second lead looks like he gets a lashing. 

I love seeing Houye finally come to terms with his feelings and work toward getting close to Shiyi. Love that he even broke his window on purpose just so he can stay with her. And love that he held her hand and tried to kiss her when they were fixing the sheets together. It goes to show he’s now actively pursuing her. 

I am also glad that Madame Xu finally saw Qian for what she really was and that she finally sees Shiyi’s true nature and good qualities. It’s about time!!

Ya finally she had her cataract removed. U don how many i hv to roll my eyes on how much she is siding qiao.. 

Lets hope that the 31 to 45 will be lots of hand in hand building family n lifting seaban. Being together. I mean i really enjiyee minglan because i love them being together to solve problems. That tightness n togetherness in  facing trails n tribulation together.. Lots of fsmily time n having babies too... Hope we get to see shiyi pregnant after those angsty seen

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

@NiteWalker

I took the plunge because I am totally dramaless and the snippets of WC on horse are tantalizing me all the time in my YouTube feeds....:shocked:  I love C historical drama especially when there is horses involved. Not that I am a fan of horses per se but there is something extremely attractive about a handsome man on a great horse. C drama horses are gorgeous, thoroughbred long legs muscular stallion war horses unlike the one in K drama that mostly looked like kuda lumping....

I can see that the main cause of Qiao Niang's bitchiness is the people around her. Her maids keep giving her wrong perception and bad advice maybe those are from her own mother.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
25 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I can see that the main cause of Qiao Niang's bitchiness is the people around her. Her maids keep giving her wrong perception and bad advice maybe those are from her own mother.

very true....even her nanny fall for some temptation that further deteriorate her position in the household....her high and mightiness is not working by much....so her fall from favor in Madame Xu is her own doing and also listening to the wrong advise

in regards to this, while ShiYi sometimes listen to her maids / mom, she still made her own judgement & of course she never listen to Madame Luo which is why she planted Amber besides so that she can keep tab on her

25 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

horses per se but there is something extremely attractive about a handsome man on a great horse. C drama horses are gorgeous, thoroughbred long legs muscular stallion war horses unlike the one in K drama that mostly looked like kuda lumping....

as long as its true scenes of horses riding and not some mock up which im glad that it is under real scenes since @SnT dig into it and said that Wallace had been doing all the riding scenes himself....which look great to be honest, even during the times when he took ShiYi home on horseback

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
12 hours ago, Niema said:

12 hours ago, SnT said:

This is what she says. They basically gossiping about shiyi w master ou. Bet is the old bf. No wonder she always go xianlingge. Bet it is niot for embroidery.

In addition to the above by @SnT:CharmanderYay: (I hope you don't mind)... 

I'd add (latter part of the instagram vid) the diialogue of our jealous and mad general:laugh:

Lingyi to Young Master Ou: What's your ill intention in trying to get close to my wife? Has your Ou family deteriorated to such a contemptible state?
YM Ou: Shiyiniang and I are innocent.

(Lingyi gives Shiyiniang an "Amicable Separation Letter" (aka modern day divorce) - In that era, it's literally a letter for "和离 amicable separation")
Shiyiniang: You want a divorce?:cry:

I'm so high on sugar after Ep 22, I will be very sad when the above scene happens. Can't get enough of our OTP falling in love with each other. Ep 22 is the episode where they learn more about each other, and slowly fall for each other. How I wish the drunken general did consummate his marriage that night lol :love:

Btw...

Spoiler

I am mulling over whether to subscribe as a VIP to watch the video dump! Yeah, "addicted" and no other drama can pry me away atm lol. Has anyone subscribed for "on demand" service before? Pray tell how it works (too tired to google...)

Edited by oppasaranghaeyo
  • Haha 4

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...  

1 minute ago, NiteWalker said:

Wallace had been doing all the riding scenes himself....which look great to be honest, even during the times when he took ShiYi home on horseback

Majority of C actors do know how to ride horses nicely, I would say it must be part of the curriculum in the acting school....:smug: In fairness the reason they used mocked horses in some shots were for the cameraman's benefits. It's hard to carry expensive cams on your shoulder while riding a horse AND chasing after another horse......:shocked:

WC looks majestic on a stallion. Another actor is Shawn Dou as YX in PA.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
5 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Majority of C actors do know how to ride horses nicely, I would say it must be part of the curriculum in the acting school....:smug: In fairness the reason they used mocked horses in some shots were for the cameraman's benefits. It's hard to carry expensive cams on your shoulder while riding a horse AND chasing after another horse......:shocked:

WC looks majestic on a stallion. Another actor is Shawn Dou as YX in PA.

hahahaa....let u enjoy another gif of horse riding lols

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, oppasaranghaeyo said:

I'm so high on sugar after Ep 22, I will be very sad when the above scene happens. Can't get enough of our OTP falling in love with each other. Ep 22 is the episode where they learn more about each other, and slowly fall for each other. How I wish the drunken general did consummate his marriage that night lol :love:

im thinking they are about to consummate the marriage later today after HouYe save ShiYi from Qiao YiNiang attempting murder **ahem** hehehehe.....

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

• Heart Eyes 7
  • Clapping Hands 1
6 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

im thinking they are about to consummate the marriage later today after HouYe save ShiYi from Qiao YiNiang attempting murder **ahem** hehehehe.....

giphy.gif

:love::wow:

The stallion is super gorgeous!! The line, the color and the legs....whooohoo!!

Okay, the rider too!! :hearties:

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

Realky i thought she look wet like after rain. For me it looks like after separation saga n now they conirm they truly love one another. I hv feeling they only consummate after the he lee (separation). I love the first gif of him holding her face listening to her talking. So full of love. 

1 hour ago, OsmanthusTea said:

:love::wow:

The stallion is super gorgeous!! The line, the color and the legs....whooohoo!!

Okay, the rider too!! :hearties:

He does all the riding hinself. I really think he is pefect for historical drama on horses. Another two actors that i like on horseback is zheng ye cheng in sleepless princess. N zhang zhe han in yunxi n ruyi. But i believe these two not entirely on horseback.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, OsmanthusTea said:

@NiteWalker

I took the plunge because I am totally dramaless and the snippets of WC on horse are tantalizing me all the time in my YouTube feeds....:shocked:  I love C historical drama especially when there is horses involved. Not that I am a fan of horses per se but there is something extremely attractive about a handsome man on a great horse. C drama horses are gorgeous, thoroughbred long legs muscular stallion war horses unlike the one in K drama that mostly looked like kuda lumping....

So the horse is the main draw? :Ghastlel:

Kuda lumping = leathered horse???

I like Wallace here . He really suits this kind of drama . Tsundere & regal 

——-

Someone subbed his promotional interview for the drama 

This is the OST he sang is nice. The two of them should duet since she sings too 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 4

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

43 minutes ago, SnT said:

Realky i thought she look wet like after rain. For me it looks like after separation saga n now they conirm they truly love one another. I hv feeling they only consummate after the he lee (separation). I love the first gif of him holding her face listening to her talking. So full of love. 

hehehe....maybe ....maybe you're right maybe i'm wrong hahaa i dunno cause i only match the hair piece i did notice that she look a lil wet too....

my heart is beating and now im counting down to the night again lols

44 minutes ago, SnT said:

He does all the riding hinself. I really think he is pefect for historical drama on horses. Another two actors that i like on horseback is zheng ye cheng in sleepless princess. N zhang zhe han in yunxi n ruyi. But i believe these two not entirely on horseback.

yes i remember this well after you said it....so i keep taking note whenever i see him on the horse and so far we can see its is him and the scene is as real as it get so i say GOOD!!!

• Like 3

My fav is him riding in during the porridge saga. He looks like he just turn in from a curve. So he was leanig forward, looking like he was flying in. Love the horses too. Stallion u say right. Wow... 

I feel u @NiteWalkercant wait to see them. I m Just worry i cant control myself n binge till past midnight. Then i will so die tomolo morning. 

Edited by SnT
  • Haha 4
57 minutes ago, SnT said:

My fav horse scene in Cdramaland....YanXun in Princess Agent....:GengarCool:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I do think WC suits historical better than modern drama. He has this regal majestic airs especially on horses.....:PsyWhat:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

@OsmanthusTea i totally agree w u on qiao maid. It makes huge lot of difference. If u hv a logical maid or nanny u will tend to be more sensible. I was so angry at all qiao maid esp the zhang mama. Feeding her w stupid ideas. Look at danyang maid. So sensible.

Wow those scenes look good too. N i love love love scenes of they ride with their ladies in front of them. It feels so sweet to hv majestic man protecting his lady. 

Interestingly wallace is actually soft spoken n has a rather slim face but he looks so good as a general. Yhe whole ts$tb gave him a towering majestic feel.. He fill the secreen whenecrr he came on. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 5
1 minute ago, SnT said:

@OsmanthusTea i totally agree w u on qiao maid. It makes huge lot of difference. If u hv a logical maid or nanny u will tend to be more sensible. I was so angry at all qiao maid esp the zhang mama. Feeding her w stupid ideas. Look at danyang maid. So sensible.

Wow those scenes look good too. N i love love love scenes of they ride with their ladies in front of them. It feels so sweet to hv majestic man protecting his lady. 

We tend to forget that those niang niang in the drama are young. ShiYi came back to the capital at the age of 15 and married a year later after the mourning period of YuanNiang so she is about 16/17. I am sure QiaoNiang is also around that age. QiaoNiang is a spoiled daughter of rich prestigious and influenced family who for sure lives a very sheltered life surrounded by people who praise her as beautiful smart rich and she deserves better because of what she has and her status yadaa yadaadee and she listen to them because they are the only people she knows all her life.

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

We tend to forget that those niang niang in the drama are young. ShiYi came back to the capital at the age of 15 and married a year later after the mourning period of YuanNiang so she is about 16/17. I am sure QiaoNiang is also around that age. QiaoNiang is a spoiled daughter of rich prestigious and influenced family who for sure lives a very sheltered life surrounded by people who praise her as beautiful smart rich and she deserves better because of what she has and her status yadaa yadaadee and she listen to them because they are the only people she knows all her life.

Exactly. She would be 17 max by now. N houye is like 30 maybe. Big age gap. 

I just hope the angst tonight like divorce separation n suspicion on her mum killer will not last long or feel as bsd as it looks in thev trailer. I think thst first kiss on lip will hv happen under moonlight. First real hug as husband n wife maybe coming up soon. Haizzz.... Whole Internet is asking everyday houye ti mian d today? Ay first in the show, Ti mian was mentioned as the dignity by yuanniang  who says lingyi must give shiyi ti mian. But now. everyone translate ti mian as in ti is body, mian as in face to face. Haha

Edited by SnT
  • Like 5
13 minutes ago, MorningDew said:

i 120% agree on this. Wallace looks irresistible in traditional costume & on horseback. :wow:

i definitely prefer him in historical....hahaha

4 minutes ago, SnT said:

Exactly. She would be 17 max by now. N houye is like 30 maybe. Big age gap. 

I just hope the angst tonight like divorce separation n suspicion on her mum killer will not last long or feel as bsd as it looks in thev trailer. 

well at least we get to see the last of QiaoLiangFang.....**ahem**

• Like 3