The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

@Funnypeopleswimu hv a point. Haha... Somehow the height difference between them is not so glaring. It feels like a petite wife w a tall well built hubby. Quite perfect. U guys realised c drama has guys toi tall n gals too short. Especially hu yi tian, lin yi n daddi too. Little happiness - daddi n fair xing. Omg that is bad. I feel bad for him if his waist ache kissing her. The amount he had to bend. Her neck too looking up at him. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
4 minutes ago, Funnypeopleswim said:

Does anyone wonder how tall the shoes TSY must be wearing? She's a head shorter than Wallace but in some shots she is up to his nose. Those long skirts are hiding a lot.

In some shots, TSY is standing on a box or 2....

I remember a drama titled A Little Happiness with Ou Second Young Master as the ML with a short FL. Every time there was a scene of them together closed up or kissing, I felt the pain on the back of my neck and back in solidarity....:shocked: Another drama with OTP's great height differences was Professional Single.

• Haha 5

hahahaha...I like that we're discussing how nice Wallace looks in black...though ahem...we should have a shirtless scene too :Ghastlel: . For reference..

Spoiler

9g6zwnCTHL9lNhYhelYLx0NrzlfUje0JCRfoGiRy

Tencent knows what you all want 

BTS

Compilation of their sweet scenes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Star Struck 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

21 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

In some shots, TSY is standing on a box or 2....

I remember a drama titled A Little Happiness with Ou Second Young Master as the ML with a short FL. Every time there was a scene of them together closed up or kissing, I felt the pain on the back of my neck and back in solidarity....:shocked: Another drama with OTP's great height differences was Professional Single.

Great minds think alike haha.... A love so beautiful 2017 too. Hu yi tian n not sure what is her name is really glaring too. 

Too glaring it affect the chemistry i reckon. Audiences felt awkward watching them. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

9g6zwnCTHL9lNhYhelYLx0NrzlfUje0JCRfoGiRy

Ooooooh, this is good!! :wow: On behalf of the womankind, I would like to say thank you....#Bows

11 minutes ago, SnT said:

Too glaring it affect the chemistry i reckon. Audiences felt awkward watching them. 

It's divert the attention from what is important. I keep staring at the height differences instead of following the story....:PsyWhat:

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

You guys should try and find BTS of the scene of when Houye gets administered by his wife after the knife wound. I believe the shirt was more exposed than in the show. We saw more of his chest.

2 minutes ago, SnT said:

@OsmanthusTeatriple bingo.. To both of ur statements haha... Unfortunately we not going see nuch of full toplesd wallace by here. That medicine application 2 scenes prob max the topless scenes haha... 

lol we replied about the same scene at almost the same time.

• Haha 6
1 minute ago, SnT said:

@OsmanthusTeatriple bingo.. To both of ur statements haha... Unfortunately we not going see nuch of full toplesd wallace by here. That medicine application 2 scenes prob max the topless scenes haha... 

It's rare to see an abs baring scene in historical drama. Unlike the modern drama where the ML is obligated to has at least one brooding in the shower scene that will finish off with a walk out from the shower in a white towel around his lower waist.....:PsyWhat:

2 minutes ago, Funnypeopleswim said:

You guys should try and find BTS of the scene of when Houye gets administered by his wife after the knife wound. I believe the shirt was more exposed than in the show. We saw more of his chest.

I didn't see that BTS, feel free to post the link here....:GengarCool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Zzh always bare once or twice in his drama. Hehe... He did in bith ruyi n yunxi. Wallace did like 2 x in general n i. But the thene of this s&b is s bit more reserve n proper i feel. 

6 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

It's rare to see an abs baring scene in historical drama. Unlike the modern drama where the ML is obligated to has at least one brooding in the shower scene that will finish off with a walk out from the shower in a white towel around his lower waist.....:PsyWhat:

I didn't see that BTS, feel free to post the link here....:GengarCool:

Just wstch episode 31 gals. Drooling no need sub ya. 

So far only 2 scenes here semi baring. One is apply medicine by army doc. One is apply medicine by his wife n he restrain so badly he almost fall of the chair. Hehe. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 5
1 minute ago, SnT said:

Zzh always bare once or twice in his drama. Hehe... He did in bith ruyi n yunxi. Wallace did like 2 x in general n i. But the thene of this s&b is s bit more reserve n proper i feel. 

Oh yes, I forgot about ZZH especially in YunXi but I heard the derrière wasn't his. I didn't watch GnI. In historical drama, the usual abs baring scene are related to wounds and meds.....:Ghastlel:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome 1
Just now, SnT said:

Honestly zzh abs n chest is much better than wallace. Many ppl complain in gni, his top is too flabby. 

Haiya!! ZZH is semi athlete and fit as an ox not too mentioned he is way younger than WC. WC is great for his age but still can't compare with a much younger man. Even Daddi got great bods too. I saw the unaired version of his wedding night in MLH. He is totally HOT!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Zzh new drama word of honor is very disturbing for me. His manly wangye feel of general cum noble is so cool n refined, I actually feel uneasy seeing him in bl show. Gong jun looks so good in begin again, so natural as husband n father. I feel uneasy too seeing him in a flirty almost female role. I m not watching that one. But unfortunately the clips cropped up every time. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, SnT said:

Zzh new drama word of honor is very disturbing for me. His manly wangye feel of general cum noble is so cool n refined, I actually feel uneasy seeing him in bl show. Gong jun looks so good in begin again, so natural as husband n father. I feel uneasy too seeing him in a flirty almost female role. I m not watching that one. But unfortunately the clips cropped up every time. 

BL drama isn't for everyone. I like both ZZH and GJ and have not seen WoH yet despite the rave reactions. But I don't think is a real BL?? They must be changed it to bromance like The Untamed.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

BL drama isn't for everyone. I like both ZZH and GJ and have not seen WoH yet despite the rave reactions. But I don't think is a real BL?? They must be changed it to bromance like The Untamed.

WOH is more overt than the Untamed. I like it. If anyone is interested. It's a fun watch very different energy than Sword and the Brocade.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
1 hour ago, SnT said:

Bingo.. Is the pink/old rose/mauve one which appear in ep 30, 35, 36. Exactly why why why.... It makes him look droppy n old. N most back shots felt hunch. 

He only has one brown that is the one he wore when he was super angry with wuye over fengching n shiyi came in to sooth him w the wine. That one is nice. Not bad at all.. 

Wait.. There's another brown one? How many brown/old rose-coloured clothes/robes does Houye own? How come I remembered it as the same one? Oopsss... hahahaha

Btw.. I wonder if we're going to get another bed scene? I mean.. they did the deed in ep 35, and then in ep 36, they had the talk on the bed. And yes, we have a lot of sweet scenes between them. But I LOVE their bed scenes. Feels super romantic. Can we have another bed scene? T.T For some reason, it feels like we won't get another kiss/bed scene between Shiyi & Houye – just hugs & forehead kisses. Noooooooo T.T

Edited by gracebkk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

For a pure brown one u go episode 19. Right at the beginning. Houye quarrelled with wuye becsuse wuye refused to apologise his father in law. N he was huffing puffing mad. Shiyi is on pink. Wait got trailer. Sec. 0.25 onwards. 

The pink/old rose/mauve as different ppl call the colour differetly n most of us don like is this one in the recent episode. He wore at the end of ep 30 onwards, 31, 35, 36. 

6 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

From the clips it is obviously bl, not bromance. For me bromance is nirvana in fire. Ya not for me. I like my ml really ml. Hahaha.. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 3

I agree, Houye looks absolutely dashing in black. And the costumes for everyone in this drama has been so good! The details are well done. So much so that I even admire the buttons on the Shiyi’s neckline. Whoever is doing the costume design for this drama deserves an award. 

The robe Houye is wearing is a muted mauve which is almost brown. Tbh, I recently bought a blouse in the same colour. It looked more vibrant online when I ordered it but when it arrived it was that same muted mauve that Houye is wearing. It didn’t look that great on me either. It just doesn’t go well with certain skin tones. Needless to say, I returned the blouse.

they may have dressed him in that colour to symbolize his settling happily into married life. Not to that married life is dull but rather quiet and peaceful in that sense. 

• Like 3

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

@MouseI think the colour is ok.. It does signify the pink pink bubble bubble feel of love. I think most of us has issue w the fabric o design. Like too soft n wrinkly to give wallace the structure needed. All the others the fabric are more structured in a way. Esp his combat clothing. Fitting n slick. Enhancing his leaness, shoulders n waist. All his ither wide sleeve ones arw very elegant signify his status as a noble gentleman. Very classy. Love how some has beautiful embroidery. N nice prints too.. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 3
6 minutes ago, SnT said:

@MouseI think the colour is ok.. It does signify the pink pink bubble bubble feel of love. I think most of us has issue w the fabric o design. Like too soft n wrinkly to give wallace the structure needed. All the others the fabric are more structured in a way. Esp his combat clothing. Fitting n slick. Enhancing his leaness, shoulders n waist. All his ither wide sleeve ones arw very elegant signify his status as a noble gentleman. Very classy. Love how some has beautiful embroidery. N nice prints too.. 

I actually don’t mind the design so much. Yes, fitting is better but he’s at home in a relaxed state so I think the loose robe is fine for the setting. I think too that it’s very elegant. It’s not my favourite of all the clothes he’s worn but I don’t mind it all too much if he’s just at home. Lol 

• Like 3

@Mouse @SnT

I avoid colors like mauve too, it makes me looks washed out....:HaunterOK:  My problem with that robe is totally the color because the design, material and embroidery are nice though. The wrapped around V neckline with the intricate embroidered bodice is beautiful, the heavy fabric should have looks great in a long robe like that. So it's definitely the color.....That color reflected light in the bad ways for the camera hence looks weird.

B42-DB12-D-1332-42-B4-9903-DFBDEF015490.

Our cute HouYe in black.....😎

5492-B856-F0-C3-408-F-B42-D-9443-F467184

The dashing HouYe in simple black robe, of course 😎

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 5

@OsmanthusTea same! I find that colour washes me out too! I actually liked the blouse I bought but hated the colour on me. Blue-toned reds work better for me or a brighter/darker mauve. This colour Houye has on makes me look pale. Baby pink or pale green don’t look good on me either. I need colours to have warmth in them to work with my skin tone. You’ll notice that darker colours look better on Houye too. 

• Like 2