K-Ent Grapevine

Baeksang Arts Awards 2022 - Drama Poll ( Vote for your favorites!)   

9 members have voted

1. 1. Best Drama

• Netflix “D.P.”
    • tvN “Twenty Five, Twenty One”
    • Netflix “Squid Game”
    • MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • wavve “Political Fever”
  2. 2. Best Actor

• Kim Nam Gil – SBS “Through the Darkness”
    • Lee Jung Jae – Netflix “Squid Game”
    • Lee Junho – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • Im Siwan – wavve “Tracer”
    • Jung Hae In – Netflix “D.P.”
  3. 3. Best Actress

• Kim Tae Ri – tvN “Twenty Five, Twenty One”
    • Kim Hye Soo – Netflix “Juvenile Justice”
    • Park Eun Bin – KBS2 “The King’s Affection”
    • Lee Se Young – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • Han So Hee – Netflix “My Name”
  4. 4. Best Supporting Actor

• Lee Deok Hwa – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • Lee Hak Joo – wavve “Political Fever”
    • Lee Hyun Wook – tvN “Mine”
    • Cho Hyun Chul – Netflix “D.P.”
    • Heo Sung Tae – Netflix “Squid Game”
  5. 5. Best Supporting Actress

• Kang Mal Geum – JTBC “Thirty-Nine”
    • Kim Shin Rok – Netflix “Hellbound”
    • Kim Joo Ryung – Netflix “Squid Game”
    • Ok Ja Yeon – tvN “Mine”
    • Jang Hye Jin – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
  6. 6. Best New Actor

• Goo Kyo Hwan – Netflix “D.P.”
    • Shin Seung Ho – Netflix “D.P.”
    • Yoo In Soo – Netflix “All of Us Are Dead”
    • Choi Hyun Wook – tvN “Twenty Five, Twenty One”
    • Tang Joon Sang – SBS “Racket Boys”
  7. 7. Best New Actress

• Kim Hye Joon – JTBC “Inspector Koo”
    • Lee Yeon – Netflix “Juvenile Justice”
    • Lee Yoo Mi – Netflix “All of Us Are Dead”
    • Jung Ho Yeon – Netflix “Squid Game”
    • Cho Yi Hyun – Netflix “All of Us Are Dead”

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/05/2022 at 03:59 PM

@mademoiselle Hopefully, they listen to everyone and cast someone else. I know he's a rising actor and I like him, but he doesn't give off the vibe of LZW. Plus, I need him to turn it down so we can get a season three of Dr. Romantic. :laugh:

I don't mind JYB as much because she's a strong actress and she'll be able to pull it off.

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

@JenL Hmm...no thank you? I like him but I can't see him as Li Ziwei.

Agreed. I've liked him in past roles...but I think that role is a very challening one that requires a lot more versatility. :idk:

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

@JenL I can get behind this one though, I think she would be able to pull off Huang Yuxuan.

I have to admit I haven't seen much of her. Didn't watch Vincenzo, so completely missed her big project of that year. But I feel like she seems like a well regarded actress and I couldn't really think of anyone soooo...I'll reserve judgement. To be honest, I think I'll always love the original the most, so it'll be hard to please me until I see results. :smile::lol:

13 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@Tofu @JenL Looks like Korea and China (on weibo) are not supportive of AHS's casting too, and doesn't match well as couple with JYB.

Hahaha it's been such a mixed bag. One of the Greg Hsu fans I follow on Twitter was happy about it (Wonder if she will get shunned by the other Hanbaos - Greg's fangirls/ Greg's wives/ Hamburgers) :laugh: Everyone else I know has been not pleased. I think it's not what everyone was expecting?

13 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL I'm also not sure about AHS. Mainly because he's too young and the role requires him to switch between 3 separate timelines (high school, uni and 40s). Plus he's not the strongest actor out there.

I think the strength of the acting is so important...I wonder if casting will change if public opinion is poor. Actually I wonder what the Korean SOODs fans are thinking. Original SOOD was pretty big in Korea. So far they're the only country that got Netflix to stream it for them...:thinking:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Hahaha I was worried if we discuss further in Twitter, we might get crucified by AHS's stans. I think it's safer to discuss here 😅

3 minutes ago, JenL said:

I think the strength of the acting is so important...I wonder if casting will change if public opinion is poor.

It can affect it. Sometimes they release the news to test the waters. I don't remember which drama they did that but I remember eventually that drama didn't cast the actor/actress because public opinion was poor. However, most of the time it's likely confirmed.

The most recent kdrama casting that took a huge turn was Hunting Dogs. I was almost sure it was Kwak Dong Yeon and Lee Do Hyun and then the news came out they turned it down!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha I was worried if we discuss further in Twitter, we might get crucified by AHS's stans. I think it's safer to discuss here 😅

Hahaha good thinking. I have to admit, I've never run into any really strong fans of AHS...but I'm sure his stans are as opinionated as any. So far public opinion is still very meh, though people seem accepting of Jeon Yeo Been. I think she does give off a somewhat similar vibe to Alice. But a lot of people on my feed are upset at a remake since the original is already so good and they were hoping it was untouchable, so casting is just another thing they don't like. :idk:

10 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Sometimes they release the news to test the waters. I don't remember which drama they did that but I remember eventually that drama didn't cast the actor/actress because public opinion was poor. However, most of the time it's likely confirmed.

Interesting...it's a better method than what happened for Return where they cast a newish actress and then booted her off within the first month of shoots and replaced her with a big name. I was kinda hoping they did auditions, but I feel like with Disney+ backing it, they want to be sure the actors have star power. :thinking:

But what annoys me more than the casting is that Disney/ Fox funded the original Taiwanese series and they haven't streamed it on Disney+ as far as I know and now they're going to make a Korean remake and stream that instead. Feeling a bit hurt for the original series here :letalQQ:

• Haha 3

@JenL I agree most of the time it is best not to remake. My fave was In Time with You (Taiwan) and Nodame Cantabile (Japan). The remake ruined both. They did not catch the essence of both shows at all.

I thought for Return, the rookie actress audition for the role? I can't remember the details anymore it's been so long ago but definitely remember she was booted out.

16 minutes ago, JenL said:

But what annoys me more than the casting is that Disney/ Fox funded the original Taiwanese series and they haven't streamed it on Disney+ as far as I know and now they're going to make a Korean remake and stream that instead. Feeling a bit hurt for the original series here

I just went on Wikipedia and saw this:

Screenshot-2021-12-09-at-21-46-15-Someda

Looks like Disney+ has aired it on 12 Nov 2021.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 2
19 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL I agree most of the time it is best not to remake. My fave was In Time with You (Taiwan) and Nodame Cantabile (Japan). The remake ruined both. They did not catch the essence of both shows at all.

What were the remakes of both of those??? I'm having a big mind blank! I think if I watch Korean SOOD, I will treat it as a completely different drama. My mind won't connect the 2 or I'll be annoyed :laugh:

21 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I thought for Return, the rookie actress audition for the role? I can't remember the details anymore it's been so long ago but definitely remember she was booted out.

Oh yeah I didn't explain myself clearly before - I was thinking it would have been cool if they had auditions for a new actor and found someone more fitting to be Li Zi Wei. Sometmes less popular actors are better with their anon status. But then I mentioned Return because I remembered that's what happened - they held auditions and got a fresh-faced actress, but then changed their minds. Which sucked for her becuase the booting was very public. I wouldn't want that drama for SOOD and I feel like they wanted actors already with star power for the roles. :psweatduck:

24 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Looks like Disney+ has aired it on 12 Nov 2021.

Haha, sorry, again me writing only half my thoughts. I meant Disney+ hasn't screened it internationally! I think people gave Netflix a lot of flack for not screening it internationally...but I think the reason they can't is because Disney/Fox own the rights (something I found out when one of the American bosses flew out to the Golden Bell awards and made a big speech about it when SOOD took home most of the awards it was nominated for). I'm not sure how it screened in Netflix Kr, but I think Disney is keen to keep their shows for their own platform...but they could have shown SOOD internationally awhile ago. But then again, but I'm sure if Disney+ currently does international shows yet. They might have a big launch next year because I know they have Chen Bolin and Puff doing a legal-comedy for Disney next year. :thinking:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JenL said:

What were the remakes of both of those???

In Time with You = The Time We Were Not in Love

Nodame Cantabile = Naeil Cantabile

8 minutes ago, JenL said:

Haha, sorry, again me writing only half my thoughts. I meant Disney+ hasn't screened it internationally! I think people gave Netflix a lot of flack for not screening it internationally...but I think the reason they can't is because Disney/Fox own the rights (something I found out when one of the American bosses flew out to the Golden Bell awards and made a big speech about it when SOOD took home most of the awards it was nominated for). I'm not sure how it screened in Netflix Kr, but I think Disney is keen to keep their shows for their own platform...but they could have shown SOOD internationally awhile ago. But then again, but I'm sure if Disney+ currently does international shows yet. They might have a big launch next year because I know they have Chen Bolin and Puff doing a legal-comedy for Disney next year. 

Disney+ is still very new in the market, isn't it? I remember Disney+ was available here not that long go (1 year+ ago?). Yeah, I remember reading they want to keep their copyright contents on their own platform. When Disney+ started here, all the Disney contents disappeared from NF but it was still available on Netflix in South East Asia region. Disney+ has only recently entered the Korean market too.

I think like NF, they will slowly add more East Asian contents and cater based on demands so it's possibly not available to all regions straight away. At where we are, there are more K-dramas but very little K-movies. J-dramas and movies are even more scarce (though now we have more animes).

• Like 3
5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Ooopf! Not only Tang Joon Sang in Dog Days but Daniel Henney too! :wow:

Is Tang Joon Sang confirmed? I'll definitely watch if he's confirmed! :heart:

Apparently Return is not booked till June 2022?! :lettalKWA:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Shocked 1

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha the first thing came into my mind is, is JDY tall enough with Nana? xD

:lmao2:

I googled and as long as Nana doesn't wear high heels or have too much volume in her hair, it should be ok! They are about 7cm apart. 

• Haha 4
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Namgoong Min

Will they give it to Kim Soo Yeon? She won top excellence actress last year or something, right? 

I don't think SHK will win it. Compared to the other three, I don't think her project is doing as great...right? 

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Will they give it to Kim Soo Yeon? She won top excellence actress last year or something, right? 

I don't think SHK will win it. Compared to the other three, I don't think her project is doing as great...right? 

Yeah Kim Soo Yeon and her other co-stars from Penthouse won Top Excellence for mid-length drama. She's a strong contender. After all the ratings were crazy for Penthouse.

Don't think SHK should win. Her drama's ratings are going down. Some comments I read on weibo is the storyline is too old school. HAHAHA. Did movingwheel or stroppyse continue?

• Like 3

@mademoiselle I think they are still slowly watching. Tea is also kind of watching too? I didn't even try it out because it just didn't look that interesting to me and when stroppyse was explaining how they were connected, it was just strange to me. :idk:

Maybe it'll actually be between Kim Soo Yeon and Honey Lee? Both of them had really popular dramas this year, right? Yay for Lee Je Hoon for being the only male in the mix. LOL!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Tofu I don't think Tea is watching Break Up drama. I know Choco said she watched it saying it's her kind of romance; I just don't know if she continued on. I read gilaswan's and stroppyse's summary of it on the thread and it's not my cuppa. I didn't enjoy Encounter and the premise was very Encounter-like. I don't like the parents disapprove of their adult children's dating plot.

I was shocked to see there's Thai version of BoF. Isn't this storyline getting too old school for younger generations these days? I do like classics and some formulaic plot but BoF is so overdone.

Yeah Kim Soo Yeon stands a good chance in nabbing this one. Honey Lee I heard was very good too (saw some cuts). A huge part of me wants LJH to win it since I approve the drama but maybe his performances may not be as out there as the ladies. :thinking: After all, our judgment is different to the SK's judges.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2