K-Ent Grapevine

Baeksang Arts Awards 2022 - Drama Poll ( Vote for your favorites!)   

9 members have voted

1. 1. Best Drama

• Netflix “D.P.”
    • tvN “Twenty Five, Twenty One”
    • Netflix “Squid Game”
    • MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • wavve “Political Fever”
  2. 2. Best Actor

• Kim Nam Gil – SBS “Through the Darkness”
    • Lee Jung Jae – Netflix “Squid Game”
    • Lee Junho – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • Im Siwan – wavve “Tracer”
    • Jung Hae In – Netflix “D.P.”
  3. 3. Best Actress

• Kim Tae Ri – tvN “Twenty Five, Twenty One”
    • Kim Hye Soo – Netflix “Juvenile Justice”
    • Park Eun Bin – KBS2 “The King’s Affection”
    • Lee Se Young – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • Han So Hee – Netflix “My Name”
  4. 4. Best Supporting Actor

• Lee Deok Hwa – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • Lee Hak Joo – wavve “Political Fever”
    • Lee Hyun Wook – tvN “Mine”
    • Cho Hyun Chul – Netflix “D.P.”
    • Heo Sung Tae – Netflix “Squid Game”
  5. 5. Best Supporting Actress

• Kang Mal Geum – JTBC “Thirty-Nine”
    • Kim Shin Rok – Netflix “Hellbound”
    • Kim Joo Ryung – Netflix “Squid Game”
    • Ok Ja Yeon – tvN “Mine”
    • Jang Hye Jin – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
  6. 6. Best New Actor

• Goo Kyo Hwan – Netflix “D.P.”
    • Shin Seung Ho – Netflix “D.P.”
    • Yoo In Soo – Netflix “All of Us Are Dead”
    • Choi Hyun Wook – tvN “Twenty Five, Twenty One”
    • Tang Joon Sang – SBS “Racket Boys”
  7. 7. Best New Actress

• Kim Hye Joon – JTBC “Inspector Koo”
    • Lee Yeon – Netflix “Juvenile Justice”
    • Lee Yoo Mi – Netflix “All of Us Are Dead”
    • Jung Ho Yeon – Netflix “Squid Game”
    • Cho Yi Hyun – Netflix “All of Us Are Dead”

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/05/2022 at 03:59 PM

What's brewing ? 

11 Reasons You Need To Watch “The Legend Of The Blue Sea” | Soompi

What's the buzz on upcoming dramas,tv shows or films?

Is your fave being rumored to be reviewing the script? 📜

What genre would your fave actors /actresses/writers/directors will accept? 📽️

Let's have a brainstorming here !

Hospital Playlist – Bitches Over Dramas

Any upcoming dramas with no official casts are welcome to be tackled in this thread.

Who knows, you might as well decide to kick start the thread if you want 🥰

Let's explore the possibilities together !

First impression: Reply 1988 (2015) – Ahgasewatchtv

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

• 2 weeks later...

@bluepebbles

Yes! That would be a nice one to look forward to. Hopefully they will all be able to do it.

It says that Yoona is being offered too and her role will be expanded. Considering HB's role is a North Korean, it would be quite stale to have another NK-SK romance again. Plus the idea bothers me because of BinJin hahaha - Yoona and SYJ are close friends so eeek :Yikes: Maybe she can have a love line with DH instead LOL.

From MNIKSS days

spacer.png

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 6

@40somethingahjumma @SnowBlob @-StrongTower- both are on a roll! 

Particularly excited for LJH’s drama since it’s on OCN . I just saw on Asian Wiki that JSJ’s is definitely confirmed but not sure about LJH’s 

@bluepebbles @Chocolate @stroppyse

will your oppa take this on ? 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Star Struck 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@bluepebbles well.....about the other Jin ...ahahaha...

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/hollywood/crash-landing-you-star-son-ye-jin-when-camellia-blooms-alum-kang-ha-neul-offered-new-sageuk-drama-558857

Spoiler

Son Ye Jin and Kang Ha Neul have been offered a new series. The actress was last seen in Crash Landing On You opposite Hyun Bin which ended earlier this year. On the other hand, Kang Ha Neul was seen in When the Camellia Blooms. Now, the two stars could feature in a Sageuk Drama titled Pyeonggang, Cut by the Heart (working title). As reported by Chosun, the drama is based on a traditional tale of Princess Pyeonggang and Pabo Ondal. 

The tale is reportedly based on the true events of Princess Pyeonggang's life who married a commoner named Ondal. According to the tale, Odal was referred to Pabo Ondal, or Ondal the Fool. The drama will unfold the tragic tale of their love story. It is revealed that Son Ye Jin will essay the role Princess Pyeonggang (ceremonial name), Go Ji Oh, King Pyeongwon of Goguryeo Kingdom's oldest daughter, according to Koreaboo. Her character is known to be a cry-baby princess who is constantly threatened about being married off to the fool. 

When the time arrives, the princess receives a marriage proposal from a nobleman which she refuses and marries Ondal instead. Kang Ha Neul plays Ondal the fool who resides in the mountains with his mother. Following their wedding, the princess helps the fool set ambitions and discover his true self. He goes on to become the kingdom’s most successful general and gets the seal of approval from the king. 

The actors' agencies have confirmed the offer but are yet to confirm if they've accepted the offer. What do you think of the casting? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below. 

I think this might be an interesting pairing ...Kang Ha Neul can definitely hold his own against an older/ more senior  actress as proven in When The Camellia Blooms.

@ktcjdrama thought you might be interested to know. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM oh wow..i just checked asianwiki and apparently the director and the screenwriter of Snowdrop worked together on SkyCastle (and I like that show!). But asianwiki did say that jung ha in is offered the male lead role and is considering it? So is JSJ also a male lead? In saying that..if the female lead is kim hye yoon...she's too young for me :jkbtsthink:

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Star Struck 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

3 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

@abs-oluteM oh wow..i just checked asianwiki and apparently the director and the screenwriter of Snowdrop worked together on SkyCastle (and I like that show!). But asianwiki did say that jung ha in is offered the male lead role and is considering it? So is JSJ also a male lead? In saying that..if the female lead is kim hye yoon...she's too young for me :jkbtsthink:

Ya, so this is also my main reservation for the drama despite it coming from the writers of SkyCastle . While JSJ looks great for his age, it will be bit weird is there's romance between the two because visually , I can't imagine it. You know who is the other female lead ? Ji Soo from Blackpink....hmmmm:thinking:.. I have my reservations about idol actresses who take on such big roles so quickly . I did read that Jung Hae In was offered , but not sure what happened.  Let me ask @mademoisellesia.

@bluepebbles I am certain KHN can do Saguek. The guy is versatile. I am not usually a sageuk fan but i thought the storyline is nice since he plays a fool who becomes a general . I love these kinds of underdog stories...

@Chocolate oh if that's the case she may give up this Sageuk one? Well as to the wedding - can always register first right and have the ceremony later :smug:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

@abs-oluteM Jung Hae In is courted for male lead (namja ju-in-gong/男主人公). Last FNC (his agency) said they are reviewing the offer. Jang Seung Jo is offered "ju-in" (主演/main lead). So I think it's one of the important main cast.

JHI: https://www.ytn.co.kr/_sn/0117_202008240956230438

JSJ: https://www.ytn.co.kr/_sn/0117_202008261516012688

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Like 5
  • Insightful 3
On 8/27/2020 at 6:40 PM, bluepebbles said:

@Chocolate look! Hyun Bin , Yoo Hae Jin, Yoona and Daniel Henney are in talks for Confidential Assignment 2 ! 

Oh my gosh! I'm so excited now! I loved Confidential Assignment! I spazzed about it on the movie thread on soompi, and even wrote up a review, even though movies got little love on the kdramas&movies section there. Hyun Bin and Yoo Hae Jin were hilarious together, and even though HB was supposed to be the super intense man-with-a-mission straight man to YHJ's jaded, funny cop, HB got a few good ones in, demonstrating that he does have a sense of comedic timing. @abs-oluteM, I can totally understand that HB and YHJ were the original BinJin! That is totally a ship that I can get on board with. :smile:

And, I love Daniel Henney as well. He's good looking with an easy smile and decent acting talents, especially hard when he was the only non-Korean speaking actor in Korean productions. :lol: And, he's so good as Matt Simmons on Criminal Minds!

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 4

@mademoisellesia and @abs-oluteM ahh..so i suppose JSJ can be just like a second or even a third lead... So it will be between Jung Hae In and the girl from Sky Castle... errrr...I think I'll pass that for now :P Me too abs.. i also have reservation for singer/idol who suddenly got 'promoted' to play as 'lead' roles...

I like Yoo Hae Jin ahjussi~~ keep me posted I'll be interested in that movie. HB is definitely an eye candy... and plus he has DIMPLES! 

• Like 4

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

@bluepebblesbut exorcism and stuff , yikes ! I cannot , too chicken . :shocked: 

But I’m excited at the double JJH signing up for Mount Jiri. Power couple indeed ! But it’s the fact that it’s Signal’s  writer that is setting the expectations for me @katakwasabi . 

The synopsis ( cr AsianWiki) though does not say much 

Spoiler

Rangers work to save people at Jiri Mountain National Park.

Seo Yi-Gang (Gianna Jun) is the best ranger at Jiri Mountain National Park. She knows virtually everything about the area, including where to climb the mountain.

Kang Hyun-Jo (Ju Ji-Hoon) is a rookie ranger at Jiri Mountain National Park. He graduated from the military academy and was once an army captain. He has a secret that he can't tell anyone about.

These two people become partners and they work to save people around Jiri Mountain National Park.

• Like 1
  • Party! 2