Reborn Rich 재벌집 막내아들 [2022]

Another week of good episodes. I really enjoy the back and forth battle of wits between Do Joon and Jin Yang Chul. Jin Yang Chul can't die too soon because the others are not Do Joon's worthy opponents. I really enjoy how Do Joon is manipulating all of them to fight for that 30% shares now.

However, Seong Joon seems like a loose canon that could go off and do something dangerous like murder. I feel a slight disgust how a woman would want to marry him, although I know she wanted power/Soonyang not him. But still, at least pick a better looking and mentally stable chaebol. I've to blame my dislike of Seong Joon's visual on the hairstyle; it makes him look even more sleazy coz of how it's styled.

Interesting to find out Yoon Ki is an illegitimate son of Jin Yang Chul. Tsk tsk. I lost my respect for him a little. Wait, actually knowing his character I don't think I can ever respect him but I do admire his cunningness, intelligence and perserverance.

Honestly how much happening now is coming true in Jin Yang Chul's biography. I didn't think his newest decision was his original decision. If it is, I would expect Do Joon to let the audience know this isn't what he knew happened. :pandathink: But he remained super calm right now, so is that mean he knows he's changing history?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

This is one good show isn't it? There's barely a dull moment.

Aside from the scenes between Jin Yang Chul and Jin Do Jun, I enjoy watching these 2. It's like a bad romance novel trying to make enemies into lovers lol. That scene where grandpa sent Seong Jun to the warehouse, his wife's face was like "God what did I get into" haha. I feel for her to an extent, because it's difficult for a woman, to have a man you do not respect and even loath, touch you. But it looks like the marriage may remain unconsummated - just can't imagine otherwise 😆 These 2 have sparks - but the ouch kind!

a80H1dl.png

phptX7k.png

I love all the scenes with Jin Yang Chul. So powerful.

All the people in this Jin family have lousy personalities, except Do Jun's parents. Jin Yang Chul is no exception. But he can at least be respected for his business savvy and for building his business through hard work. Whereas his children are just money/power grabbing and lack the smarts to succeed on their own. So in way, I do empathise with the old man, facing a debilitating disease, for being disheartened with his useless and disloyal/corrupted children/eldest grandson. I wouldn't mind seeing the old man recognise Do Jun as his successor (I think he is quite vain too and likes the comparison of Do Jun to himself haha). Could it be moving in that direction since he announced the end of the rule of primogeniture?

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Song Joong Ki is in Singapore to promote Reborn Rich.

https://www.asiaone.com/entertainment/i-played-golf-sentosa-and-im-so-happy-now-song-joong-ki-visits-singapore-new-viu-k-drama-reborn-rich

Some exerpts.

His favourite scenes:

1. "Joong-ki told us to watch episodes 12 and 13 to catch a particular sequence between Do-joon and his grandfather." - looking forward!

2. “The ending scene in episode one in Turkey, on the big rock next to the sea — the last facial expression Hyun-woo made, that face, I loved that,” he said. “Hyun-woo at the time knew, ‘Oh, I will be killed soon,’ so I loved Hyun-woo’s face because it was the last expression and emotion of his life.

Joong-ki also said part of the reason he took on his role in Reborn Rich was because of veteran actor Sung-min, 54, whom he proclaimed to be “the Korean Al Pacino,”...

Looks like the majority of the drama will be in the current timeline with grandfather. And perhaps 1 episode at the end as Hyun Woo again?

He only got to play Hyun-woo for two episodes, but he said: “I think I have an obsession with Hyun-woo, I was happy to express his emotions and his life.”

221207_songjoongki.png?itok=0jwXK-0R

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Party! 1
28 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Haha, I don't know. Seems he arrived on 6th Dec, played golf on 7th morning and press conference in the afternoon.

I see. I don't love him enough so it's ok but if is Rowoon, I'll be shooting virtual jealousy darts at you :eeeee:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3
7 minutes ago, ssteph said:

Theory 🤔

'재벌집 막내아들' 진도준, 결국 죽는다..가능한 예상 시나리오 셋?

Jin Do-joon, the 'youngest son of a conglomerate family', dies in the end...Three possible scenarios?

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/241/0003245009

Mwo! Where's the translation!?

LOL... I was so shocked that I managed to give you two reactions :lmao2:

• Haha 4
14 hours ago, Chocolate said:

It's rare to see you post @Soju.

Were there any dramas in recent years that you think are as good as this? Imma check those out lol.

I've been trying to maintain several communities while working full time.

I haven't watched a lot of kdramas as of late. The latest I've binged was the remake of Money Heist (La Casa del Papel).

I love the intrigue behind Reborn Rich, it represents my world in an extreme form - plenty of corporate shenanigans. The pacing is slow, mysterious, and cerebral.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

5 hours ago, Zoaze said:

is this drama as good as i've heard? thinking of starting it.

I am enjoying it. But it could be pretty dull for some people because it’s mostly about investment and business dealings with that one conglomerate family at the core. They have interesting characters. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Caught up with all the epis & I am loving it. Grandpa -Grandson chess game is delecious. 

I was wondering when Do Jun would take a loss because he couldn't win all the time. Good that it happened so early in the fight. I am waiting for Do Jun's counter with bated breath. 

I also like how they are getting SHB's prosecutor character involved in the game. Thank God it is not for romance because frankly Do Jun is not in a place to get involved in romance. We have seen the pattern of their interactions - she thinks he is trying to deliberately fool her, finds out it is not so & then she tries to improve herself to prove her worth to him. We all know as audience that the fraud tip was actually true. Do Jun is going to show her how Soonyang fooled her & that is going to naturally motivate her to take them down. So much better than some romance track.

I think all the events that will happen are eventually leading to the 1st epi. Do Jun's best revenge against grandpa is going to be refusing to be his heir. That is the feeling I get that after all the chess games Grandpa will want Do Jun to run Soonyang & he will refuse it because he wants to actually buy it & end it's legacy. Hence the company will then go to the eldest son. Do Jun will continue to achieve his goal against the company & that is why the eldest grandson is going to feel the huge pressure that he is in the 1st epi. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

The Y2K bug scene is hilarious. Brings back memories 😆. Do Joon's brother existed only to give us some comedic relief. LOL and now I'm curious if we will have another scene of him freaking out in 2012. 🤣

Kim Shin Rok is such a drama queen in this episode. It made me chuckle. But there was a short moment that I was on her side and feel angry on her behalf, and that's when Jin Yang Chul told her she's now married off to Mayor Choi and is the daughter of Choi, not Jin. 😠😡

Now the curious part is whether Do Joon forsaw Mo Hyun Min's strategic manipulation against him. And I'm intrigued how Do Joon will retaliate.

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

The Y2K bug scene is hilarious. Brings back memories

Yeah... the fear was real for so many months before that 😅😆

12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Now the curious part is whether Do Joon forsaw Mo Hyun Min's strategic manipulation against him.

I think he really didn’t see that coming... He looks pretty shocked. People are saying it’s not MHM who is doing the manipulation, but actually it’s Grandpa. He purposely spin-off those companies from SoonYang Group, with a huge debt, knowing Do Joon will take this bait to takeover. This is based on the calligraphy that he was writing when JHY went to beg on her knees for his help. 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Wow wow wow the ending of last night's episode!!! Totally didn't expect it and see it coming or think it'll happen so soon.

Miracle Investment's investigation just seem to get forgotten after 9-11, are we to assume the prosecution found nothing? Obvioulsy the media had no time to focus on Miracle because of 9-11... I know how much media coverage this took up and even broke up uri Yi Jin and Hee Do in 2521 :cry: (Hahahahahaha....)

On 12/11/2022 at 10:05 AM, ktcjdrama said:

I think he really didn’t see that coming... He looks pretty shocked. People are saying it’s not MHM who is doing the manipulation, but actually it’s Grandpa. He purposely spin-off those companies from SoonYang Group, with a huge debt, knowing Do Joon will take this bait to takeover. This is based on the calligraphy that he was writing when JHY went to beg on her knees for his help. 

He didn't get to retaliate on her and her media group. I hope in 2022 he'd be able to! Hmph!

I don't particularly think Jin Yang Chul split the companies up on purpose. I think he was genuinely trying to see who is the most worthy heir amongst them. And to really know, he'd have to see how they run the business on their own and if they are truly capable & they can defend themselves against Do Joon. I do think he was originally going to give it to the eldest son but upon hearing his enemy's comment on how Do Joon resembles him the most, he had a change of heart.

He knew the eldest son was not worthy. And Soonyang is his baby. He's dying and he wants to continue his legacy. Soon Yang will fail in the hands of the eldest. Not to mention Seong Joon, haven't even shown his worth, he's already keeping slush funds.

To be honest, they were gobbled up because both of them challenged Do Joon. Hwa Young insulted Do Joon and his mum. Hyun Min joined hands with Dong Ki and wanted to absorb Miracle. The eldest son didn't do that so Do Joon didn't target him. What we don't know is what was Seong Joon doing all this time ... was he plotting against Do Joon too? Who in the family has the gall to plan a killing such as this, including Jin Yang Chul in the car! I feel like Seong Joon is crazy enough to do this stunt. All his life growing up, he's been groomed and told he'll be the heir and now all this is not happening.  

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

What a cliffhanger!!! (And no preview for ep11!)

But Hyun Woo knows that 4-2 was deceased. Wonder if the cause and date/time was stated in the personnel file. Maybe that car accident was not the incident that caused his death - after all SJK himself said he played HW only for 2 episodes and there are 6 left!

Edit:

Wait, did Hyun Woo know? I re-watched. HW as DJ said he had no recollection of DJ, but there is a screenshot of HW seeing the DJ file. Is it something that suddenly pops into his head in the moment of crisis?

In ep10, the car DJ and grandpa were in was hit by a car on grandpa's side. But another shot shows a truck coming at the car from DJ's side - could that be the real incident that would kill DJ?

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Edit:

Wait, did Hyun Woo know? I re-watched. HW as DJ said he had no recollection of DJ, but there is a screenshot of HW seeing the DJ file. Is it something that suddenly pops into his head in the moment of crisis?

I remember in earlier episode, there was no Jin Do Joon at all so I don't know why now he is there and said deceased.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I remember in earlier episode, there was no Jin Do Joon at all so I don't know why now he is there and said deceased.

The 4th couple had a son, but it was not mentioned if they had 1 or 2 sons. It is likely that she is referring to DJ who had died in the earlier timeline, in this scene.

hFB2uzR.png

And here, Sung Joon also mentioned an accident. How many "accidents" can a drama have right 😆 so it should be the same one. If so, I am only surprised that he has some morals to actually oppose it to the extent of giving up his inheritance.

N8FYrsg.png

If it is true that the original Do Joon had died in an accident, and was targeted by the family:

- It may mean Do Joon was also winning the succession race even without Hyun Woo as his soul. Or is this one of those vicious loops aka chicken or egg came first?

- The oldest son seems to definitely have a hand in it. But he does not seem to be brave and shrewd enough to plan it on his own, and at short notice. Could Hyeon Min have aided him? That family has the most to lose.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1