Reborn Rich 재벌집 막내아들 [2022]

Why are they blaming Do Joon for Hwa Young’s loss due to her greed when investing in New Data stock? :thinking: She clearly had been advised when to let go of the stock. If she had listened to it, she would’ve strike it rich, I mean richer :laugh:

Really enjoyed watching how Do Joon took down his aunt and then his uncle. Yes @mademoiselle I also had good laughs watching the drama queen JHY. Both are so impulsive and emotional. Failed due to own folly but still so fervently blame it on other people. 

I was spoiled about the ending, so it was not shocking for me, haha... but I do wonder who would’ve ordered the accident. My guess is the eldest son.  Scratch that. I just spoiled myself again when reading comments section, hahahaa. Someone shared who did it according to the novel. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

18 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Why are they blaming Do Joon for Hwa Young’s loss due to her greed when investing in New Data stock?

Exactly. Both Hwa Young and Dong Ki were brought down so quickly by their greed. If they had just kept to their regular business, they would have lasted longer.

For Dong Ki, he only put $10M into the options. That seems a small amount in relation to the size of the company and other transactions.

11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

People are saying it’s not MHM who is doing the manipulation, but actually it’s Grandpa. He purposely spin-off those companies from SoonYang Group, with a huge debt, knowing Do Joon will take this bait to takeover. This is based on the calligraphy that he was writing when JHY went to beg on her knees for his help. 

I would really hate this to come true. That grandpa was plotting to take down Do Joon and still siding with his legitimate children.

One of the reasons this is such an enjoyable watch is because Chairman Kim is admirable for his business acumen and success although he is quite vicious. He has a set of principles (right or wrong) and applies it in his life. According to this, DJ should be the desired heir especially as all his other children have been shown to be weak. He is of the generation where he favours boys over girls so I won't speak of Hwa Young. But look at the eldest son, who could not grasp the reason behind setting up a holding company. And Dong Ki, who I think is the smartest of those 3 children, who could only throw a tantrum.  The poor man's was so disillusioned to see his 2nd son rolling on the floor crying.

And then you have Do Joon, being chased by investors for $480M and his uncle trying to eat his company, but managed to turn things around and secure $4B instead! If Chairman Kim still sides with his children, I would lose respect for him.

8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Miracle Investment's investigation just seem to get forgotten after 9-11, are we to assume the prosecution found nothing?

I also think they should address it later, just to tie up the loose end. But separately, Min Young being the prosecutor in charge is a conflict of interest.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

The 4th couple had a son, but it was not mentioned if they had 1 or 2 sons. It is likely that she is referring to DJ who had died in the earlier timeline, in this scene.

They have two sons. In E2, Hyun Woo narrated he doesn't have memory of Jin Do Joon and wonder why since he knows the Jin family like the back of his hand. Then in E10, he narrated he understands now why he has no memory of Do Joon. It's because Do Joon had already died before he works for Soon Yang.

In E2, the drama deliberately erased Jin Do Joon from the family tree, leading us to believe Jin Do Joon may not exist. But I now think it's more like he does, but Hyun Woo didn't pay attention to Do Joon because he's already dead.

image.png

This also explains why Prosecutor Min Young was so adamant to bring down Soon Yang. She must think Do Joon dies coz of Soon Yang, and also the reason she's wearing black all the time.

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

If it is true that the original Do Joon had died in an accident, and was targeted by the family:

- It may mean Do Joon was also winning the succession race even without Hyun Woo as his soul. Or is this one of those vicious loops aka chicken or egg came first?

We probably have to see this happening and repeating in a loop. There's no way to explain it otherwise...

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I was spoiled about the ending, so it was not shocking for me, haha... but I do wonder who would’ve ordered the accident. My guess is the eldest son.  Scratch that. I just spoiled myself again when reading comments section, hahahaa. Someone shared who did it according to the novel. 

Uh-oh... don't tell me it's...

Spoiler

👵🏻

46 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I would really hate this to come true. That grandpa was plotting to take down Do Joon and still siding with his legitimate children.

One of the reasons this is such an enjoyable watch is because Chairman Kim is admirable for his business acumen and success although he is quite vicious. He has a set of principles (right or wrong) and applies it in his life. According to this, DJ should be the desired heir especially as all his other children have been shown to be weak. He is of the generation where he favours boys over girls so I won't speak of Hwa Young. But look at the eldest son, who could not grasp the reason behind setting up a holding company. And Dong Ki, who I think is the smartest of those 3 children, who could only throw a tantrum.  The poor man's was so disillusioned to see his 2nd son rolling on the floor crying.

And then you have Do Joon, being chased by investors for $480M and his uncle trying to eat his company, but managed to turn things around and secure $4B instead! If Chairman Kim still sides with his children, I would lose respect for him.

I don't think he did because remember in one scene he said to his personal assistant that he wouldn't mind to pass it to Dong Ki too... and he genuinely looked disappointed at Dong Ki when Dong Ki threw a tantrum

But to be fair, Do Joon was able to profit so much is because he has the advantage of knowing the world's history.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
52 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

This also explains why Prosecutor Min Young was so adamant to bring down Soon Yang. She must think Do Joon dies coz of Soon Yang, and also the reason she's wearing black all the time.

From the audience perspective, Do Joon and Hyun Woo looks the same. But in the drama, they don't is it? Otherwise, Min Young should be falling for Hyun Woo 🤣 or at least be curious about him.

Uh-oh... don't tell me it's...

Reveal hidden contents

👵🏻

Oooooohhhh...

But to be fair, Do Joon was able to profit so much is because he has the advantage of knowing the world's history.

That's true.

Another curious point/loophole is that Do Joon is still not helping Hyun Woo's family financially right?

2 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

So do you want to know or not?

Haha! That's the conflict! But the drama doesn't always follow the book... so... 😂

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
4 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Haha! That's the conflict! But the drama doesn't always follow the book... so... 😂

Yeah, so I took it with a grain of salt too... There are already some things done differently from the novel. Don't remember them in details though. I found out later on that this is based on a novel. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

13 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

So do you want to know or not? :smug:

Hahahahahahaha did I get it right? It's what I come across too.

11 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

From the audience perspective, Do Joon and Hyun Woo looks the same. But in the drama, they don't is it? Otherwise, Min Young should be falling for Hyun Woo 🤣 or at least be curious about him.

Hahaha yeah, they don't look alike/same hence it's going to be a unrequitted love through to the end. The feedbacks of their romance is negative anyway. The kiss was good for me though comes off as random and KNetizens don't seem to like it.

11 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Another curious point/loophole is that Do Joon is still not helping Hyun Woo's family financially right?

Probably not a loophole (yet). It's just never mentioned. Will need to find out what happened in tonight's episode. Did he survive or die? Did his soul get transported back to 2022? It is only then I'll be able to know whether he prepared some "shares" in Miracle Investment under his own name as well as his family's. In the past timeline we were told he's the most important shareholder, but that doesn't mean he didn't make his family one too...

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2
2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha yeah, they don't look alike/same hence it's going to be a unrequitted love through to the end. The feedbacks of their romance is negative anyway. The kiss was good for me though comes off as random and KNetizens don't seem to like it.

Tbh, they could do without the romance... Dunno why they want to push for it but not write it properly. Yes, there's limited screen time for the romance to develop, but I think it's still very possible to write in a more natural development for this couple. The kiss was good, but yes it's random and rather out of place. A bear hug and/or a quick peck, followed by awkwardness would be more appropriate. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

23 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Tbh, they could do without the romance... Dunno why they want to push for it but not write it properly. Yes, there's limited screen time for the romance to develop, but I think it's still very possible to write in a more natural development for this couple. The kiss was good, but yes it's random and rather out of place. A bear hug and/or a quick peck, followed by awkwardness would be more appropriate. 

The show hinted they like each other so I was ok with that. The main issue is the the lack of screen time for Min Young and her character development and presentation in the whole drama. For the most part, she didn't seem like a character really required in the story and if Do Joon/Hyun Woo needed a prosecutor to bring down Soon Yang, it can be any trusted prosecutor. But the writer seems to set her up as because she loves Do Joon, Do Joon died, so she made sure she gets to the bottom of it.

I give my approval to SJK for making the kiss natural and believable. LOL.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

I honestly wonder how Do Joon/Hyun Woo really feels about Jin Yang Chul. Does he really care about him? The latest development definitely came as a surprise. The once dignified Jin Yang Chul now cower in fear and pee in his pants (in the next episode). Noooooo 😱.

The whole time Do Joon runs around in the hospital with blood around his sweater I thought he should also be resting in bed! Back in the old times there weren't seat belt in the back seat and we technically were not required to use it so the impact felt inside the car would have been really bad consider the body flung to the front, back, sideways and to the moon and back. The whiplash felt later would have given anyone a full body ache. Anywayyyy...

... is it really Seong Joon?

Well, this morning I saw on weibo that Knetizens are all leaving comments saying Lee Sung Min deserves a Daesang. So I guess he's really gonna get one next year and well deserved.

img.gif

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 4
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I honestly wonder how Do Joon/Hyun Woo really feels about Jin Yang Chul. Does he really care about him? The latest development definitely came as a surprise. The once dignified Jin Yang Chul now cower in fear and pee in his pants (in the next episode). Noooooo 😱.

img.gif

I think he does care. While Jin Yang Cheol was raving about how safe the Soonyang car is because no one died (really hilarious 😂), Do Yoon was smiling and looking fondly at him, like he admired him for still being able to see the bright side. I love this scene. And in reality, Do Joon has no quarrel with grandpa. It's his children/grandchild that he is seeking revenge against.

The other funny scene was with his brother. For a moment, it seemed the brother was trying to stuff all their money to Do Joon so that he won't need to takeover Soonyang to be rich and get himself killed, when he said in return DJ must leave his money to him too 🤣 Really nice to see the brothers getting along.

This is becoming a Lee Sung Min show, rather than Song Joong Ki 😅 And I have never watched Shin Hyun Been but she is not very likeable here, aside from the fact that the role seems unnecessary. I want to fast forward every scene with her in it 😆

19 hours ago, Soju said:

Just read the webtoon behind it, it's actually really cool!

I won't ask for spoilers but does the drama follow the webtoon closely?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
On 12/12/2022 at 10:41 PM, Chocolate said:

I think he does care. While Jin Yang Cheol was raving about how safe the Soonyang car is because no one died (really hilarious 😂), Do Yoon was smiling and looking fondly at him, like he admired him for still being able to see the bright side. I love this scene. And in reality, Do Joon has no quarrel with grandpa. It's his children/grandchild that he is seeking revenge against.

Haha yes this scene took a sharp turn and made the situation light, but it quickly went back to being a little somber. I do like that at some level, they understood one another. Like when Jin Yang Chul tells Do Joon to contact PR and Do Joon knew what to say.

I do hope he cares for Jin Yang Chul too. And yes, he does respect him and even possibly see him as a role model when he was still Hyun Woo. But Hyun Woo's mum died in this timeline due to Jin Yang Chul. That's why I am unsure of his true feelings.

On 12/12/2022 at 10:41 PM, Chocolate said:

The other funny scene was with his brother. For a moment, it seemed the brother was trying to stuff all their money to Do Joon so that he won't need to takeover Soonyang to be rich and get himself killed, when he said in return DJ must leave his money to him too 🤣 Really nice to see the brothers getting along.

Do Joon and family seem to be the only normal one. 😆 That said I felt like I'm watching a modern version of the royalties fighting for power and regin of a country. Don't you think so? And Do Joon won by "Taekhyun" 😅

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4

Wow my previous predictions except Grandpa wanting Do Jun as heir went haywire due to the unexpected accident. The drama still keeps me guessing whether Do Jun actually existed in previous timeline or not because all the deaths that happened before happened this time as well. So Do Jun being deceased in previous timeline doesn't seem to match the established rule of deaths being unchanged. 

I don't even want to speculate which family member tried to kill Grandpa & Do Jun. The eldest son & grandson are too obvious. I am going to throw out of the box guess of Grandma. She may not have liked that her husband wants his grandson from illegitimate child to inherit. Grandpa himself is also not out of my suspects list. His repeated warnings of don't trust anyone & betrayal may hint towards him betraying Do Jun. 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

I binged through all available episodes and must say this show is so good! I didn’t realize the story is based on a novel, so I made the mistake of opening spoilers in other comment platforms, but… it doesn’t matter to me who killed Hyun Woo or caused the car accident. From the beginning, the highlight is the building of Do Jun and grandpa’s “rivalry”/bond. I love grandpa’s stunned, yet touched, reaction whenever Do Jun sees through his vulnerability and understands him. It's also fascinating to see grandpa bend his old-fashioned rules because of the potential he realizes in Do Jun. I'm looking forward to see how the rest of their story pans out.

Though Song Joong Ki is great, my favorite scenes were of grandpa with young Do Jun. Out of all the teen actors, Kim Kang Hoon was the perfect choice. I wouldn’t have minded seeing more of him.

Kind of random and not the same kind of story nor characters, but grandpa’s aura and distinct dialect in his speech remind me a little bit of Marlon Brando and Al Pacino in the Godfather. Anyhow, Lee Sung Min is killing it as the patriarch.

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 4
1 minute ago, ktcjdrama said:

It was in the preview, right? But seeing more of the scene made me a bit glad actually. Because DJ managed to cover it up for Grandpa. 

Yes it's in the preview that he peed in his pants but the whole scene makes me sad and I think even Do Joon is sad. Grandpa is after all his role model when he was Hyun Woo, isn't it? He's like the legacy / legend through reading his biography.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

It's so heartbreaking to see the once invincible Jin Yang Chul's health deteriorates to this stage. 😭 So the drama didn't stray away from the novel and it is grandma trying to kill them! Yikes. How can someone be so vicious, but I actually do understand her reasoning. Just that, leaving Soonyang to these kids would kill the legacy instead of making it better and stronger.

There was a scene that moved me emotionally. It was the scene after the board meeting where the siblings and Seong Joon were in Young Ki's office. Young Ki pointed out that the three of them did want to pick their own father's pockets their whole life! I find this really sad because they were supposed to be family. Then again, I have to question did they end up like this because Jin Yang Chul and his wife did a bad job at educating their children? Worse of all, Jin Yang Chul being the typical Asian parent, was never known to be a loving father. He and the kids never emotionally connect or have good heart-to-heart times. The kids fear him more than genuinely respect and love him.

After this episode I also think Do Joon might still not be out of danger yet. Maybe he meant to survive through this accident but next one might be the real deal. Since Jin Yang Chul is sick, it should be almost the time for him to start writing his biography.

Side note: Song Joong Ki look so handsome in this scene. 🥰

img.gif

Lee Sung Min is only in his 50s, but he does 70-80 years old so well!

• Clapping Hands 4
2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Which year are they currently in? Looks like that year's World Cup will somehow help DJ with the Soonyang Motor problem

2002 now I guess coz of the soccer world cup. It was a very memorable time for the Koreans. I still remember how loud it was and the cheers because they won. We happened to be eating at a korean restaurant and we received free drinks because of this.

This Eng sub is weird...what is that river the river and the river 😅

• Haha 4

I am finally up to speed - and these were some really great episodes that kept me on the edge of my seat. Lee Sung Min is Daesang worthy and his scenes with SJK are my favorite. While I think Do Jun is using grandpa right to the end to make sure Sooyang ends up his, I feel that in the last episodes, there's a little bit of affection or perhaps admiration/ respect that DJ has for the old man. If not he would have told the old man that grandma was the mastermind. I know he probably said nothing because it was a deal with grandma, but part of me also feels he couldn't bring himself to tell the old man that the woman who's been by his side for decades wanted him dead. 

Not surprised it was grandma. ( I did not read the novel by the way and don't plan to) .

Because I can imagine that if you have been shouted at & berated for years , forced to raise someone else's child and then have to see the empire fall to someone who is not of your own blood - would you just sit still?   The 3 kids are useless and  dependent on the father, so they won't have the courage to pull out a stunt like this. So like any good mother, she'd do her best and whatever she can to protect her own brood. (This show always reminds me of a modern version of those historical dramas where the long suffering queen will subtly and quietly manipulate things behind the scene to make sure her son inherits the throne.) 

The romance in this show is its weakest link but perhaps the writer intends for it to not overshadow the rest of the drama.  I do think that DJ was attracted to MY but part of me also feels that he made used of her affections for his plans. Can we assume that the original DJ was also involved with MY?

What I find interesting is that DJ has altered fate in the present timeline - as in he didn't die in the accident. But if it's going to be just like what happened to his real mother,  he won't be able to ultimately escape death. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

7 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

The romance in this show is its weakest link but perhaps the writer intends for it to not overshadow the rest of the drama. 

In the novel, from what I’ve gathered here and there,

Spoiler

MY is very minor character. Appearing only 3 times. She met Grandpa, who gave his approval to DJ because he thought she was a good choice for DJ. They did end up marrying. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

MTDzeiV.gif