Reborn Rich 재벌집 막내아들 [2022]

@mademoiselle in my opinion , song joong ki looked cute here....

SJK's peak of handsomeness was...in vincenzo , when he found out about the serial killer who killed his moms and barged into his home ....started attacking... i remember u shared GIF too during the broadcast....

he looked handsome , angry and scary at the same time....

Share it if u find it out...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Is this drama a body swap fantasy?

Don’t think so. It’s more like a reborn thing with all memories intact. Except back to the past, not forward to the future. We only follow one character (or rather, soul) in the story. The 40yo SJK was killed and next he found himself transported back to year 1987 into the body of the youngest grandson of the family he worked for. His death was ordered by one of the family members so he wanted to find out who by continue living as the grandson. Using his extensive knowledge of the family, he gained a lot of favor and advantages. His original character still exists as we hear a mention and see a back (not face). But nothing further was exposed on him so far. The grandson in the initial timeline was never met nor mentioned in the family tree until his estranged mother suddenly appeared to demand the family tell her what exactly happened to him that day. So it’s a mysterious disappearance of that grandson. Initial timeline he was 40yo, current timeline he is in college. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

18 hours ago, movingwheel said:

@mademoiselle in my opinion , song joong ki looked cute here....

SJK's peak of handsomeness was...in vincenzo , when he found out about the serial killer who killed his moms and barged into his home ....started attacking... i remember u shared GIF too during the broadcast....

he looked handsome , angry and scary at the same time....

Share it if u find it out...

This???

He looks too scary here for me LOL

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I see. So, still a fantasy, but not a soul swap. It still reminds me a little bit of the premise of the k-drama "Big".

Are you concerned it might end like "Big"? xD

But here at least both have the face of SJK :laugh:

===

Do Joon is signing on official document H.W (his real identity's name) rather than Jin Do Joon. Do you think it was his way of ensuring if he ever goes back to his body, then all this is his, not Jin Do Joon's?

But "H.W" is such an easy to forge name :idk:

• Like 3

Shin Hyun Been's character is really not doing much in the drama (yet). And she keeps making a fool of herself in front of Hyun Woo/Do Joon too that it makes me cringe (as a female).

Just a thought/guess:

Could it be possible that she dated Do Joon in the past and somehow Do Joon died. She knew enough about his death which prompted her to mourn for him by wearing black and hence she's adamant to bring down Soonyang.

• Insightful 3

@mademoiselle yep , thats the face. He looked sexy and scary - both at the same time.

Honestly , regarding Shin Hyun Been - I am yet to get that awestruck kind of feeling yet.... I am , kind of not able to compare her character with hong cha young but hong cha young was quirky... I know I should not be comparing...but I am yet to see that chemistry between Shin Hyun Been and Song Joong Ki.

I find more chemistry between Song Joong Ki and Lee Sung Min.

While going on and on about SJK , I think we are missing out on how awesome Lee Sung Min's performance is. When Do Jun Asked about righteous management , that vile smile made my skin crawl... it seems like the people who are not important for him , he can throw away... and thats how business men are.... in every thing , even in a normal circumstance , that one shrewd cunning business man will try to find out whats in it for them...

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

On 11/27/2022 at 11:46 AM, stroppyse said:

I see. So, still a fantasy, but not a soul swap. It still reminds me a little bit of the premise of the k-drama "Big".

It's really nothing like Big. The set-up is most like Again, My Life and the actual storyline more like Money Flower.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

I'm surprised Do Joon revealed himself so early! It didn't seem like he's done enough damage to Soonyang and the family. Though it had been mentioned that the drama inserted a potential loveline between Do Joon and Soonyang's supposedly grand daughter-in-law.

The below scene has yet to come...

img.gif

Still waiting for Shin Hyun Been's character to be put to good use 😮💨. It also didn't seem like Do Joon has time to romance anyone for real. Plus this drama doesn't really need romance anyway.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
33 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

@mademoiselle i m still trying to understand why shin hyun been is there....and this is 6th ep...

Maybe she'll play a more pivotal role in the future when Do Joon returns to become Hyun Woo. Currently she's too naive, too innocent and powerless, and of no help to Do Joon.

I wonder if revealing himself led to his "disappearance" from the family tree. Do you remember when Jin Yang Chul published his biography? There's only so much Do Joon could use to his advantage with the biography. Time should be quite limited now and the eldest son will take over.

Some nice shots/gifs

img.gif

img.gif

img.gif

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 2

@movingwheel I'm not familiar with the set-up too, as in the logic or scientific explanation behind this. BUT, what if this whole Hyun Woo—Do Joon switch is a kind of time loop? :idk: I may be over-thinking this but it's possible that if he ever returns to be Hyun Woo again, he might be back to the time before he dies.

@abs-oluteM @ssteph Have you come across anyone mention about the original story from the book and how it ends?

• Like 4

@mademoiselle I saw some SHB fan talk about the book but no ending was mentioned.  

Just only finish eps 4 . When they put the bug there to record DJ , I had a feeling DJ would know. And I also had a feeling he had purposely let himself be photographed. And true enough he was creating internal strife between the brothers without them even realising it and SooYang ended up with such a big debt. That was well-played. I am looking forward to the next episode - the Asian Financial Crisis of 1997 & 1998. It will be a turbulent time & can't wait to see how DJ uses this crisis as his opportunity. 

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

On 11/26/2022 at 7:37 AM, mademoiselle said:

Episode 4 is another awesome episode. I like that the drama incorporated real history into the story...like Amazon, Titanic etc. I didn't even know Amazon's old brand name. What will Do Jun invest in next? Google? Facebook? Whatsapp? 😆

Do Joon's brother mentioned Apple and Melon in episode 6 😁

21 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@movingwheel 

@abs-oluteM @ssteph Have you come across anyone mention about the original story from the book and how it ends?

What I know, drama version "simplify" the Jin family. In novel, Do Joon has 10-11 cousins (at that time I imagined I would see many handsome actors and beautiful actresses cast as SJK's cousins 🤣). 

I'm waiting for Do Joon's cousin, Jin Ye Joon, to appear again. Character description mentioned she is CEO of SoonYang Apparel. Curious with her role in the story...

Fh-5y_naEAA3s_J?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2

I shed some tears in eps 5. Whenever DJ goes and visit his real family , I feel his longing for them and his regrets.  He made a number of very emotional decisions , and almost revealed his cards to the old man.  I understood that it was to save his real mother's life  but nothing changed. She died anyway. So what does it mean though for everything going forward? If DJ's ultimate goal is to destroy SY , will that happen since it seems he cannot change fate? 

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

On 11/27/2022 at 3:00 PM, mademoiselle said:

Do Joon is signing on official document H.W (his real identity's name) rather than Jin Do Joon. Do you think it was his way of ensuring if he ever goes back to his body, then all this is his, not Jin Do Joon's?

But "H.W" is such an easy to forge name 

Oooh that would be very smart of him. I just thought it was natural for him to sign as HW and he just didn't correct it.

10 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

It's really nothing like Big. The set-up is most like Again, My Life and the actual storyline more like Money Flower.

Is the storyline for Money Flower as good? If so, I'm going to hunt that down next haha.

The soul-transference/travel bit of this drama seems secondary at this time. I wouldn't mind if it was just a premise and DJ lives happily as that, since his life as HW was not so great anyway - what does he have to get back to? The existing timeline is so exciting and the gamesmanship is the reason to watch.

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

I shed some tears in eps 5. Whenever DJ goes and visit his real family , I feel his longing for them and his regrets.  He made a number of very emotional decisions , and almost revealed his cards to the old man.  I understood that it was to save his real mother's life  but nothing changed. She died anyway. So what does it mean though for everything going forward? If DJ's ultimate goal is to destroy SY , will that happen since it seems he cannot change fate? 

I feel that DJ was careless about his real family. He knows how they struggled financially. He should have found some way to help them out earlier eg. sponsor HW's studies etc. He shouldn't have just focused on the event that caused her heart attack.

• Like 4
13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Do you remember when Jin Yang Chul published his biography? There's only so much Do Joon could use to his advantage with the biography.

I've been wondering about this too... Did JYC actually die in plane crash in the first timeline? I mean, if so, his biography would have nothing more after that plane crash, right? If not, then why was Do Joon so anxious to prevent him from going on that plane.... Is this a loophole? 

7 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I feel that DJ was careless about his real family. He knows how they struggled financially. He should have found some way to help them out earlier eg. sponsor HW's studies etc. He shouldn't have just focused on the event that caused her heart attack.

Agree. Should just give them other ways to survive, way before the acquisition etc. He is so loaded!! Even 0.1% of his wealth is more than sufficient...
This is actually the same gripe that I have when watching The Golden Spoon.

• Like 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

@ssteph It makes sense the Jin family is bigger. That generation is baby boomers generation and Gen X so the family members should be larger than what we saw in the drama. True about the girl cousin. In present timeline she seems to be wrecking havoc just before Do Joon died. In that I think we might have a time jump back to the original timeline because it would be weird to tell us she interfered and the guy Jin Sung Joon fired now works for her. She's also a potential candidate who wanted the money from Do Joon.

@abs-oluteM He can't save his mother but maybe he can still save himself.

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I've been wondering about this too... Did JYC actually die in plane crash in the first timeline? I mean, if so, his biography would have nothing more after that plane crash, right? If not, then why was Do Joon so anxious to prevent him from going on that plane.... Is this a loophole? 

No Jin Yang Chul didn't die in a plane crash in the original timeline. He never mentioned in his biography he was on that flight, so it caught Do Joon off guard. I do remember Do Joon mentioned the biography was written in a certain year, but I forgot which year.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

@Chocolate I love Money Flower. But I do love this sort of good makjang. Plus you'll see Jang Seung Jo - the first show of his that caught my attention.  

7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Do Joon mentioned the biography was written in a certain year, but I forgot which year.

Year 2000 if I am not mistaken - after the Asian Fin Crisis ?

21 hours ago, Chocolate said:

14 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Agree. Should just give them other ways to survive, way before the acquisition etc. He is so loaded!! Even 0.1% of his wealth is more than sufficient...
This is actually the same gripe that I have when watching The Golden Spoon.

After watching eps 6, I understand why you guys say this. He could have done something more I suppose.

But ultimately, his mother will die regardless. Be it from a heart attack or a suicide in this case. In the original time line, it wasn't revealed that she invested in Sooyang Life Sciences. But in this timeline, she did and because she lost money, she killed herself. So even though some events have changed the ultimate outcome is still the same. That's why @mademoiselle I am wondering if he will still die at the end. 

That future cousin-in-law is a variable that he has not expected. But then again when he pulled that price tag off her suit in the lift, wasn't he flirting ?  :GrowDerp:So did he do this on purpose to get her attention? The actress has interesting chemistry with both DJ and the cousin. In fact I think SHB's character may get overshadowed by hers. So far Min Young's character is so badly fleshed out and her outburst/ confession just felt out of place especially because there's not much screen time for her. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

On 11/29/2022 at 3:49 AM, Chocolate said:

Is the storyline for Money Flower as good? If so, I'm going to hunt that down next haha.

It's one of a handful of makjangs that I actually like. But it is slowburn and has Count of Monte Cristo resonances. To me it's a great revenge story.

I love the male leads obviously. :D 

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

On 11/27/2022 at 8:32 PM, movingwheel said:

@mademoiselle yep , thats the face. He looked sexy and scary - both at the same time.

Honestly , regarding Shin Hyun Been - I am yet to get that awestruck kind of feeling yet.... I am , kind of not able to compare her character with hong cha young but hong cha young was quirky... I know I should not be comparing...but I am yet to see that chemistry between Shin Hyun Been and Song Joong Ki.

I find more chemistry between Song Joong Ki and Lee Sung Min.

While going on and on about SJK , I think we are missing out on how awesome Lee Sung Min's performance is. When Do Jun Asked about righteous management , that vile smile made my skin crawl... it seems like the people who are not important for him , he can throw away... and thats how business men are.... in every thing , even in a normal circumstance , that one shrewd cunning business man will try to find out whats in it for them...

Right, SHB is just bland here. 

This drama doesn't need romance.

The actress playing Soonyang potential grand daughter-in-law is doing great.

She seems to have better chemistry with SJK.:laugh:

But LSM and SJK scenes still the best.

• Like 3

Hope...

Sometimes that's all you have when you have nothing else.