Reborn Rich 재벌집 막내아들 [2022]

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

. I understand that that could very well be the writer's intention but you see we spent close to 15 episodes with DJ , that I felt nothing for HW.

I kinda feel that DJ will die in the end, ie. when we’re back to the present timeline. Which is why although invested in his journey, I am fine with him dying. 

In particular the recorded handphone call - I am still wondering how that happened. Would HW then have the sound of mind to record the call given that he wasn't even aware that he was being used to cause DJ's accident

Some explained it as that manager who recorded the phone call for his safety against Young Ki. But somehow HW got hold of it because he was working under that guy. So HW kept a copy. 

I think I felt Lee Sung Min's absence towards the end, though I understand that he had to die in order for the story to move forward.  

This is probably the major reason why the ratings could not beat TWOM 😆

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

5 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

his is probably the major reason why the ratings could not beat TWOM 😆

ahahaah...I am still so amazed that till this day TWOM did as well as it did. But affairs are always fun to watch :GrowDerp:

7 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Some explained it as that manager who recorded the phone call for his safety against Young Ki. But somehow HW got hold of it because he was working under that guy. So HW kept a copy. 

But this was not explained in the show right? Or did I miss it? 

Do you remember what age did DJ die? Late 20s right? So that means MY would be in her late 40s too? 

The make-up and timeline on this show confuses me. LOL

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

5 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Do you remember what age did DJ die?

Born in 1977, Death in 2004. HW is 2 years younger than DJ. 

6 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

this was not explained in the show right? Or did I miss it? 

Nope. Not explained. Just some viewers who thought about it that way, and helped me who was kinda scratching my head too, hahaaa

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

Not going to lie, I was bewildered by how much people dislike the ending, but then…I read a poll on this dissatisfaction is about 70% of viewers so it means I'm the one in the minority. LOL. That’s okay because I loved this drama throughout and I’m glad the end didn’t change it, at least for me.

Honestly, it would’ve been fine for me if the story ended with Hyun Woo remaining as Do Jun or return as himself. However, when the story did a parallel of Do Jun and Hyun Woo’s different worlds at the end of ep 14, I had an inkling that the story may circle back to Hyun Woo in the end. Do Jun spoke about the fate of being born rich versus being born into poverty. I liked that he was able to return as Hyun Woo and bridge these differences in classes. He’s no longer part of the conglomerate family (which he said he didn’t want) and is able to enjoy a better life as himself, with his real family. (I mean, I can’t imagine not being able to be reunited with my loved ones.)

Do Jun dying wasn’t a shocker to me. His death couldn’t be changed just like Hyun Woo’s mother’s. He knew that. I wasn’t sad either because from my perspective, it was always Hyun Woo living as Do Jun. Most of his actions had influences of Hyun Woo. For example, when Miracle offered to help grandpa acquire Ahjin Motors, it was under his condition that SY must retain the employees. He kept his father’s hardships (and those alike) in mind. He also treated assistants as servants with respect, most notably Assistant Ha, because he was one of them too. (This is not to say that the real Do Jun couldn't have acted in the same manner as well.)

Do Jun’s mission to acquire SY was not stemmed by greed nor money, but Hyun Woo wanting to avenge for himself. This was the sole reason why he embraced being “reborn” as Do Jun. Then, it evolved to him wanting to protect SY's legacy. Yes, he died before officially winning management rights, but he did succeed in becoming the largest shareholder. Hence, he ultimately proved to grandpa (and himself) that he would own SY. Since Do Jun was able to tell grandpa of his success on his death anniversary and pay his last respects to him before he died, that was enough for me. If grandpa was still alive at this point, then yes, I would’ve been upset. With grandpa being already gone, I didn’t feel Do Jun had any further attachments to this lifetime. Unfinished business was SY’s managements which Hyun Woo completed for him.

While I understand why many weren’t fond of the ending, it was a happy one to me. Both Do Jun and Hyun Woo are still intact as one person in the present time. The important elements are still there. He is running SY with CEO Oh at Miracle. His relationship with Min Yeong is positive. He is reunited with his family and living a better life. I have no complaints.

I won't disagree there were plot-holes in the finale. Whether they were for conveniences or not, that could be said about some aspects of the story in between as well. Many things happened too easily for the benefit of Do Jun’s successes throughout that life as well. Nevertheless, while Hyun Woo was able to use his knowledge of the future to win some as Do Jun, I thought there was some balance in that Hyun Woo was able to use his knowledge as Do Jun to tie up loose ends in the present.

I was actually going to pass on this drama because I’m wary about fantasy. The ending usually bites. I’m glad I didn’t let this one go by. One of two of the best K-dramas for me in 2022 ------ Through the Darkness and Reborn Rich.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • 3 months later...

"Reborn Rich" nominated in Baeksang Arts Awards for:

Best Actor

Best Supporting Actor

Best Supporting Actress

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...